Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Ja Morant rulez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

STAC Goat posted:

Belmont was down 1 with 26 seconds left and the ball but their PG just dribbled around and ran off the clock and then panicked with a few seconds left and threw the ball away.

They were trying to get Windler on a back cut and he fell down

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

STAC Goat posted:

March Madness is underdog teams getting this close to an upset and then choking it away.

Yeah it's amazing how often this is the story. Very dumb of Belmont to try to wait until the end there. That was not the time to do that.

A good win for Maryland, seemed like Belmont was hitting everything early on. Easy to get wiped out in a game like that. I missed when they took control again but oh well.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
goddammit Belmont close the loving deal

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Kansas... one of the better overdogs so far?

(Northeastern is real shook.)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MourningView posted:

They were trying to get Windler on a back cut and he fell down

Fair, but I still contend he ran off too much clock and then made a bad pass.

Mostly I'm just sad and waiting for the big buzzer beater upsets.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That Morant stepback was unfair.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

God I hope the Knicks get a Top 2 pick. If we can't get Zion I'll be more than satisfied with Ja.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah it's amazing how often this is the story. Very dumb of Belmont to try to wait until the end there. That was not the time to do that.

A good win for Maryland, seemed like Belmont was hitting everything early on. Easy to get wiped out in a game like that. I missed when they took control again but oh well.

Hi Kawalimus! Have you seen any dope birds lately?

STAC Goat posted:

Fair, but I still contend he ran off too much clock and then made a bad pass.

Yeah it was still bad I was just adding context.

Ja Morant is amazing

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Ohhhh Ja

But not sure a 7 point lead is enough since Marquette will have Howard for the 2nd and Murry shot godlike from 3 in the 1st.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is the first time I’ve seen Murray state and holy gently caress Morant is legit

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Rick posted:

Ja Morant rulez

he is just absolutely filthy, it's so satisfying when guys predict the defense so well that they can find open men so effortlessly.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Rick posted:

Ja Morant rulez

He’s so loving sick

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Poque posted:

he is just absolutely filthy, it's so satisfying when guys predict the defense so well that they can find open men so effortlessly.

It's beautiful. He has a very high basketball IQ.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

MourningView posted:

Hi Kawalimus! Have you seen any dope birds lately?

Spring's just getting started!!

I went on a chase in St Mary's county a few weeks ago for some continuing rarities. Saw Rock Wren and Varied Thrush but dipped on Barrow's Goldeneye. But all in all a success.

Sadly, the Varied Thrush died a few days later from a window strike :(. It had been continuing since December in some random suburban neighborhood and thankfully I got to see it. Was a lifer for me, and such a beautiful bird. Even better than I imagined it being.

Spring Migration is starting soon!! Hope I can get a mega-rare warbler one of these days. Come on Kirtland's!!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Grittybeard posted:

That Morant stepback was unfair.

It was like James Harden suddenly appeared before us all.

I'm pulling for Marquette because Milwaukee area sports (Wisconsin is my first team though), and this game has been thoroughly entertaining.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Poor Northwestern has absolutely nothing for Kansas inside

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol wrong drat thread

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Northeastern this is getting embarrassing

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Still rocking a perfect bracket :smugdog:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Northeastern this is getting embarrassing

I think they live and die by the three and are getting outshot by this year's Kansas team from deep. Like, that's the whole problem with KU offensively this year, they have no one who can space the floor.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Oh my god Ja Morant owns

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
ja :eyepop:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ja Morant

he's kinda good

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
:stare:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Hot drat!

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

iospace posted:

It was like James Harden suddenly appeared before us all.

I'm pulling for Marquette because Milwaukee area sports (Wisconsin is my first team though), and this game has been thoroughly entertaining.

counterpoint: I was about to drive down I-94 for Wisconsin at Marquette until my starter died 3 hours before tip so gently caress those guys go Racers

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
In game almost jumping over a 7 footer.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Marquette is playing decent defense but can't score at all and is just seeing that decent defense get beat.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Morant out there making himself millions

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I think Ja is good

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Rick posted:

Marquette is playing decent defense but can't score at all and is just seeing that decent defense get beat.

Howard's still having a pretty good game, he just doesn't open things up for his teammates like Ja does. And it's just him and that Hauser guy or nothing offensively for them.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Marquette looks cooked

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Marquette is done, nice meltdown on that pass

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
My god when it rains it pours I guess.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I had a feeling one of Marquette or Wisconsin would be the traditional 5 seed to fall to the 12.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:fork:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Oh well there's the problem, that guy has his wings on the front of his chest.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

PotatoJudge posted:

Ohhhh Ja

But not sure a 7 point lead is enough since Marquette will have Howard for the 2nd and Murry shot godlike from 3 in the 1st.

Nevermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Marquette already looks gassed