Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I don't actually follow F1 even though it used to? be a national pastime. Maybe I did, as a kid, casually, so my experience of F1 as an adult:
- Prior to Netflix: Boring to actually watch
- During watching the Netflix doc: Hey maybe there are interesting factors in this, but they can't convey drama in actual races so... probably still boring? Also Verstappen seems like a proper dick. Also Williams is depressing. Did you just make a loving tea boy joke you dick? I almost liked you.
- Checking OP: Everyone is actually a dick? Except maybe Räikkönen
- Skimming thread: Don't follow F1, it's suffering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The only reason to follow F1 is so you can understand the thread. The thread is the real draw.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Since I started watching in 2014 one team has won 80 percent of the races. F1 is bad.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

zelah posted:

Akira Toriyama greeting a fan

CUUUUUUURRRRRSSSSSED

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Big Huski Boi posted:

The only reason to follow F1 is so you can understand the thread. The thread is the real draw.

The races themselves are basically supplemental material at this point.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQEzIvBXlJE

:gizz:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidpoocati posted:

The races themselves are basically supplemental material at this point.

I can't wait for the inevitable Reddit thread: "Hey guys! New fan here, just finished watching the Netflix series and loved it, can't wait to root on the Haas boys this year. Quick question though - what's the deal with the cast iron/Teflon debate?"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Big Huski Boi posted:

I can't wait for the inevitable Reddit thread: "Hey guys! New fan here, just finished watching the Netflix series and loved it, can't wait to root on the Haas boys this year. Quick question though - what's the deal with the cast iron/Teflon debate?"

Cast Iron for life.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iospace posted:

Cast Iron for life.

One of these days these forums will be free from the tyranny of oppressive mods with antiquated and backwards views on technological progress.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

First they came for the neo-Luddites, and I said nothing, for my pans were dishwasher safe

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i use teflon

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

i use teflon

Good lad

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
GP2ex wanted to take his cast iron wok to Berlin.

He was already well over weight on his luggage at that point, and I was still trying to cram all his computer gear into his carry on when he mentioned it.

I'm not sure where I was going with that, but cast iron is pretty good.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
A bold but self destructive move of you to post actual racing in the F1 thread

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah when im home from work and need to cook something for myself the first thing i want is to do a loving 4 step proccess to cook the loving store brought burger im going to eat with some rice

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Order at the bar

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
I think Hideo Kojima’s Motor Formula One: Drag Reducing Action has had plenty of drama

Felipe Massa: A driver robbed of his future

Kimi: A Finn deprived of most of his words

Max: A youth who curses his fate

Stroll Face: A kid without much of a past

Honda: Technocrats trying to stand on their own feet.

Vettel: A rival living a lie.

Shoe Drinker: A bogan denied his home race.

Those who “pay drive.”

Big Bottas
Punished Valterri: A future Legend

“An engine to surpass Mercedes.”

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

i use teflon

Bad choice from a poster with a history of bad decisions

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Tsaedje posted:

Tilke has designed good tracks, but the lovely ones have often been because of silly requirements like 'have the longest straight' or 'make it in this featureless desert'

Tldr I miss Sepang

Turkey was awesome and I also quite liked the Korean one.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

yeah when im home from work and need to cook something for myself the first thing i want is to do a loving 4 step proccess to cook the loving store brought burger im going to eat with some rice

The most offensive part of this post is the fact that you’re eating rice with a hamburger. I mean honestly, what the gently caress

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Bad choice from a poster with a history of bad decisions

two weeks without drinking and the last time i saw my ex i told her we couldnt hang out anymore.

cast iron seems ok but its too much loving work for cooking for one

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

two weeks without drinking and the last time i saw my ex i told her we couldnt hang out anymore.

God drat Gonzo owns

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

What I’m reading is
- cast iron = Chad of cookware, have multiple girls
- Teflon = virgin beta boy cookware, cooking sad meals for one person

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah im sure the girl you bring home will wait while you heat up your loving pan instead of eating pizza while watching netflix and then having sex LMAO WHAT A MORON!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Isn't Kojima basically the Weinstein of video games? At least Harvey didn't torture naked deaf women though

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

iospace posted:

Cast Iron for life.

Wife just bought new Teflon coated pans... poo poo is great. So easy to clean as well!

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Isn't Kojima basically the Weinstein of video games? At least Harvey didn't torture naked deaf women though

Oh no! I thought his his weird and inappropriate sexual views were just confined to his games. :ohdear:

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Teflon is for eggs and delicate fish.

Cast iron is for anytime you want a really good sear and is pretty good for a lot of other things, too.

A good stainless steel pan with an aluminum bottom or (preferably) clad core is probably the most versatile of all.

A lotta restaurants use mostly cheapass all-aluminum saute pans, so they're probably pretty functional, too.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Cast iron is amazing

to use as a tofu press.

Quiet was a plant.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

zelah posted:

Akira Toriyama greeting a fan

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I need to make pizza in the cast iron pan again

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

1500quidpoocati posted:

CUUUUUUURRRRRSSSSSED

Blessed.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Just all the other women

DoctorGonzo posted:

Stick to it this time, don't stick to it this time. That is: your ex, your teflon pan, respectively.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

freeranger posted:

Apparently work started today on the Hanoi F1 track in Vietnam. Expected to be finished by March next year, ready to race in April.

Predictions on how this first race is going to unfold? Track falls apart before Qualifying even takes place?

Edit: The description gives me so much hope for the race being exciting etc....

The circuit is described as a "unique hybrid layout" with "a real desire to steer away from humdrum 90-degree road-junction type corners and foster a layout that facilitates wheel-to-wheel racing while retaining a closed-in street feel that makes city race tracks so demanding for drivers".

A layout of the Hermann Tilke-designed track was published by Formula One, which said the opening corners are based on Turns 1 and 2 at the Nurburgring while other sections take inspiration from Monaco, Suzuka and Malaysia's Sepang circuit. There is also a 1.5km straight, which will see cars top out at 335km/h (208 mph) before a heavy braking zone.

Also.... wtf is going on with the forums....

Why not. It might be interesting like Baku.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

No. This is slander.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

yeah im sure the girl you bring home will wait while you heat up your loving pan instead of eating pizza while watching netflix and then having sex LMAO WHAT A MORON!

Lmao in what world are you bringing home a girl to eat pizza

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

After the sex, for sure.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I really like our friend Gonzo

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

in the world where we can eat at a restaurant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
We've got cast iron and non stick pans, and use them for different poo poo. They're both fine, it's our stove that sucks poo poo so who knows.