Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

ecavalli posted:

This strip long ago made me start questioning my memories as the potential fever dreams of a mad man, but uh, we never saw Sabretooth, did we?
We did. Eventually. Many months after ENTER: SABRETOOTH.

Have a couple :doom: for the road:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God MJ is wearing the costume :vince:

Please don't go space-soncomic strip, please don't goooooo!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I hope this was the final strip.

It's perfect.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MJ: Hey Mr. TSA Agent, would you like to see what is under MY shirt? :heysexy:
TSA Agent: Now why the hell would I want to do that?

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
I am so, so sorry:

Edit: relevant news story

Snackmar fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 22, 2019

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Snackmar posted:

I am so, so sorry:

In his own mind he says "Peter" in the third person.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Goddamn thread. Goddamn this forum. I'm gonna miss you guys so much.

Flaccid French Fry
Nov 27, 2018

Hey sir I really like your idea sir and I really think we should implement it sir why don't you talk to my CSM sir and see what he says sir and hopefully we can get sir this ball rolling sir thanks sir. HOOAH am I right sir.
I've only followed this thread for a couple months, and I feel like part of me is dying ;_;

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

:spidey:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

:roflolmao:

Flaccid French Fry
Nov 27, 2018

Hey sir I really like your idea sir and I really think we should implement it sir why don't you talk to my CSM sir and see what he says sir and hopefully we can get sir this ball rolling sir thanks sir. HOOAH am I right sir.
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/roy-thomas-on-amazing-spider-man-comic-strip

quote:

When Thomas got news of the strip's upcoming demise, he had been plotting out a trip to Australia for Parker and MJ, where they were to encounter the villain Kangaroo and have various exploits and adventures.

There's some spoilers there for what the actual final strip will be.

But seriously we missed them fighting the Kangaroo :cry:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

quote:

It worked out well for Thomas. "As it turned out," he says, "although I never got a raise in the 18 years I basically ghost wrote the strip (until recent years with his [Lee's] hands-on editing), it was a great gig. I spent maybe two days a month writing four weeks' worth of strips, and another day two or three times a year submitting outlines for upcoming storylines."

This makes me so happy for some reason

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GIVE US THE KANGAROO (whoever publishes this strip are) YOU COWARDS

Flaccid French Fry
Nov 27, 2018

Supposedly the Kangaroo strips are completed (at least a few weeks' worth). Maybe one day we'll get to see 'em.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hope every single panel with Kangaroo in it has an Australian in the background going :cripes:

Also that every single panel with Spider-Man in it has an American in the background going :cripes:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Flaccid French Fry posted:

But seriously we missed them fighting the Kangaroo :cry:

Why must you torture me with this information

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Mar 22, 2019

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Was it going to be the original Kangaroo, who had no super powers and just hung out with kangaroos a lot and got really good at jumping... somehow?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Party Boat posted:

Was it going to be the original Kangaroo, who had no super powers and just hung out with kangaroos a lot and got really good at jumping... somehow?

you loving know it was. ancient continuity and completely ineffectual villains was nsm's jam.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm enjoying how much this is feeling like a series finale, with the revelations of who was the mysterious Weekend Artist and how Roy Thomas only actually worked on the strip for around 30 days per year.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I'm not going to lie; I'm legit bummed this is the end :(

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
RIP my sweet idiotic spiderman. We shall toast you, your competent wife, your shrinking lover who punched you in the face, your raccoon space son, your uncle moley, and all the wonderful characters.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you loving know it was. ancient continuity and completely ineffectual villains who still dunk on Spidey left and right was nsm's jam.

Fixed it for you.

Good night to my beautiful, sweet, simple spidey boy

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Samuringa posted:

I'm enjoying how much this is feeling like a series finale, with the revelations of who was the mysterious Weekend Artist and how Roy Thomas only actually worked on the strip for around 30 days per year.

He was lying to throw us off the scent. We know the real writer was checking this thread during each story arc.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Ending before the long teased Australia trip is very NSM. Good night sweet strip.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm going to miss this dumb comic. But I'm going to miss my daily appointment with this thread even more.

Thanks for the memories, goons.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

RIP my sweet idiotic spiderman. We shall toast you, your competent wife, your shrinking lover who punched you in the face, your raccoon space son, your uncle moley, and all the wonderful characters.

First panel of the last strip is going to be Pete and MJ boarding the plane. Second panel is Aunt May peeking her head out of her home in Queens and whispering,"The coast is clear!" and last panel will be Uncle Moley enthusiastically clambering out of a manhole and running to embrace her :3:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Samuringa posted:

I like how the boring cynical thread consensus was originally that Stan Lee had zero involvement at any point and the strip was being done by some dumb interns, and as NSM's final act it reveals the truth is something far more absurd.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Tunicate posted:

I like how the boring cynical thread consensus was originally that Stan Lee had zero involvement at any point and the strip was being done by some dumb interns, and as NSM's final act it reveals the truth is something far more absurd.

It was true that the writer was a former editor-in-chief at Marvel, it just wasn't the one we thought :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thanks for coming everyone!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I figure the older guy is Thomas. Is younger dude Saviuk?

Synthbuttrange posted:

Thanks for coming everyone!

"This vacation was paid for by ME, Peter! Don't you forget it!"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Other way around!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lobok posted:

"This vacation was paid for by ME, Peter! Don't you forget it!"

Synthbuttrange posted:

Other way around!

It forgot you! Don't, Peter!
Me? Bye!
For paid vacation: this!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
You can really tell they didn't have time to make a proper ending.

:rip: NSM, you will be missed.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This isn't fair. This isn't justice. America needs Newspaper Spider-Man.

Edit: I WANT THE KANGAROO STORY

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh well, at least it ended on a happy note.

I'll miss this strip so much, it was so fun and stupid and good and dumb and innocent and ridiculous and beautiful. I really hope we just go with posting a strip a day from some strip decades in the past, I'd hate to see the magic end.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Are the two foreground figures writer/artist inserts?

Anyway, it’s been a great ride, and it’s a shame it’s come to an end. See ya around the forums, goons.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

We should see what uh GoComics? posts tomorrow and just go with theirs.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ll read this thread til the bitter end but this is truly the end of an era. I only wish I’d seen this thread so much earlier.

Thanks for the laughs, the incredulous reactions, and the photoshops, goons. It’s been a ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
those gigantic airplane seats