Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Match review:
I am disappointed that Richmond has gone with lemon yellow again rather than the golden yellow they had in 2017 and earlier. Not sure why they hosed with the best guernsey in the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Same. It looks flouro green almost, and reminds me of piss.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

snoremac posted:

Same. It looks flouro green almost, and reminds me of multivitamin piss.

:same:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Whatever it takes

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Rance ACL confirmed. That’s a bad start to the year drat

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Is there a good forum anywhere (other than here) that discusses AFLW?

I decided to venture to the main AFLW forum on Bigfooty since the prelims are this weekend and I thought it would be fun to read the thoughts of non-Crows supporters.

Well, there's the thread where people are somehow still pissed at Hannah Mouncey for daring to be a 6 foot tall trans woman, and think it's very important to inform us that she's actually a man seeking to beat up on women and also all trans women are men because you're not a woman unless you're capable of giving birth and also trans women have penises and penises are disgusting.

There's the thread where people claim that the AFL and Channel 7 teamed up to manufacture the negative comments on the Tayla Harris picture to drum up publicity for the finals, and question whether there even were negative comments posted at all or if that's part of the conspiracy too.

There's the thread where people are saying that women have objectified male players forever so now they need to just suck it up and accept it back, and also Rance got stalked once and it didn't get the same media coverage so therefore women are power hungry hypocritical bitches and they don't even get objectified that bad anyway and some of them probably like it.

And then there's the thread where people are still arguing over whether the competition should exist at all because they had to leverage off the men's comp to become established and therefore it's not really empowering to women to have their own comp and if they were really trying to empower women rather than just being SJWs they would have "allowed" the women to somehow create their own competition from scratch.

:smith: I just wanted to read comments about the teams and which players are doing well and who people think will win :smith:

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Mar 22, 2019

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

cmndstab posted:

I decided to venture to the main AFLW forum on Bigfooty since the prelims are this weekend and I thought it would be fun to read the thoughts of non-Crows supporters.

Well, there's the thread where people are somehow still pissed at Hannah Mouncey for daring to be a 6 foot tall trans woman, and think it's very important to inform us that she's actually a man seeking to beat up on women and also all trans women are men because you're not a woman unless you're capable of giving birth and also trans women have penises and penises are disgusting.

There's the thread where people claim that the AFL and Channel 7 teamed up to manufacture the negative comments on the Tayla Harris picture to drum up publicity for the finals, and question whether there even were negative comments posted at all or if that's part of the conspiracy too.

There's the thread where people are saying that women have objectified male players forever so now they need to just suck it up and accept it back, and also Rance got stalked once and it didn't get the same media coverage so therefore women are power hungry hypocritical bitches and they don't even get objectified that bad anyway and some of them probably like it.

And then there's the thread where people are still arguing over whether the competition should exist at all because they had to leverage off the men's comp to become established and therefore it's not really empowering to women to have their own comp and if they were really trying to empower women rather than just being SJWs they would have "allowed" the women to somehow create their own competition from scratch.

:smith: I just wanted to read comments about the teams and which players are doing well and who people think will win :smith:

The AFLW threads on reddit are generally policed okay

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

cmndstab posted:

That’s poo poo :(

With tayla Harris I’m not trying to act all woke I genuinely don’t understand the hate. I get apathy “who cares about the women’s comp” but what abuse did she cop.

All I can think from my years online is either

1. Herrr she is muscular like a man

Or

2. Since she’s kicking and her shorts are hiked up a bit some comment about “getting one up her” or some other poo poo

But I missed all the hubbub is that how it went?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

teacup posted:

With tayla Harris I’m not trying to act all woke I genuinely don’t understand the hate. I get apathy “who cares about the women’s comp” but what abuse did she cop.

Or

2. Since she’s kicking and her shorts are hiked up a bit some comment about “getting one up her” or some other poo poo

Yeah that’s about it

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
This seems relevant to our recent convo about worst supporters.

https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch/status/1108836014678654976

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

teacup posted:

Or

Pretty much, plus a bunch of "get back in the kitchen and leave the sports playing to the men" crap.

Just your standard mixture of creepy objectifying with punching-down misogyny.

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Mar 22, 2019

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

quote:

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.

That probably isn't filling saints fans with confidence

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Suggesting we're capable of feeling confidence

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

cmndstab posted:

The individual team boards are normally moderated much better and are worth checking out. But yes, all the main boards at BigFooty are garbage unfortunately.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

boy undead posted:

Suggesting we're capable of feeling confidence

Given our recent history with players with injury then I don't have much hope of Hanners getting fit. In fact he'll probably retire or be delisted in 2 years.

On a positive note: Jack Steven is playing!

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

realbez posted:

Rance ACL confirmed. That’s a bad start to the year drat
Particularly when just got the Lynch-Riewoldt power forward up and running.

At least this thread this year will be free of slander of Good Alex.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snoremac posted:

Particularly when just got the Lynch-Riewoldt power forward up and running.

At least this thread this year will be free of slander of Good Alex.

Who?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Maybe I'll be proved wrong but I struggle to see Geelong giving Collingwood much trouble at all tonight

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
It's a whole new cats team so I have no what's gonna happen

But if they're as bad at moving the ball forward as they were last year they r loving shot

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Weird Sandwich posted:

The individual team boards are normally moderated much better and are worth checking out. But yes, all the main boards at BigFooty are garbage unfortunately.

I tried the Geelong board and there were 5 posts in the match thread

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I went to the Carlton team board and it was just a blank orange page :confused:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

fuckin lol Gary Rohan

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Just checked the supercoach scores, and in the bottom corner there's a guy who looks like he's over a hundred dressed in a crusader knight getup just staring at me

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Periphery posted:

This seems relevant to our recent convo about worst supporters.

https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch/status/1108836014678654976

quote:

A free kick awarded to Richmond spawned the series of events that ended in a vicious brawl at the MCG on Thursday night, with a witness saying a teenage Tigers supporter was "out to fight anyone".

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Protip for anyone stuck with Kayo's channel 7 stream, have a quick google about the kayo addon for Kodi. It grabs the Fox Footy ad-free stream instead regardless of region. Expect it to be shut down or "fixed" at any moment but it is glorious while it lasts. gently caress the differentiation between TV and streaming rights in the deal we've got until 2023, hopefully some common sense will prevail but... well, fat chance of that.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Both these sides look completely impotent going forward of centre

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I was really excited for footy a few months ago, now it’s here I feel meh about it. I used to be able to get into games that didn’t involve Essendon because it was good to just watch footy without worrying about who won but I couldn’t get into this game and pulled the pin before half time.

I blame AFLX and all the stupid rule changes.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

lol @ the AFL umming and ahing over whether or not they're going to venue ban a guy who went looking for a fight and threw punches at like 5 different people, better check that weather vane to see if violence is still on the nose with the community

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Carlton would have beaten both of these teams

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Bryan is a dumb name

Edit: even autocorrect agrees

Editedit: 8 points up, cats4flagb

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Mar 22, 2019

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
If AFLM wants to be taken seriously the skills have to improve.

And back to aflw chat, yeah bigfooty is actually (normally) decent, but the tayla harris thing brought a bunch of dickheads to the main board. That is pretty quiet anyway, the club subforums have more discussions and I know the carlton one had match day threads on the main carlton board and they're decently active during matches.

Reddit is alright sometimes but again the match threads are a bit quiet and reddit is a bad format for live posting because you can't really reply to people.

Twitter is another avenue using the gameday hashtags but again... pretty awful to have a discussion.

But yes, surprisingly, bigfooty is one of the better forums for aflw, but it still has issues.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

gay picnic defence posted:

I was really excited for footy a few months ago, now it’s here I feel meh about it. I used to be able to get into games that didn’t involve Essendon because it was good to just watch footy without worrying about who won but I couldn’t get into this game and pulled the pin before half time.

I blame AFLX and all the stupid rule changes.

Here's my secret, don't give a poo poo about other matches.

I hardly ever watch other teams play unless i'm going to the footy with friends or its finals or something.

I've got better things to do than spend 3 hours watching lovely commentary for players and teams I have little investment in. I can play xbox or netflix something instead and keep tabs on the score online or read this thread.

I do listen to games on the radio though, I just can't stand the television broadcasting of AFL and try not to watch it when possible. Dumb commentators and ads give me the shits. Probably stems back to growing up at princes park watching footy underneath the commentary boxes for the various radio stations who had the windows open so you'd just hear rex hunt give live commentary anyway.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
A lot of Collingwood fans flipping the bird in the crowd tonight

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

snaeksikn posted:

A lot of Collingwood fans flipping the bird in the crowd tonight

Can't get ejected for racism if all you're doing is flipping the bird

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Attaboy Jeremy

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Howe did he managed that

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

A real howeler

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

Maybe I'll be proved wrong but I struggle to see Geelong giving Collingwood much trouble at all tonight

Heh :smug:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

drunkill posted:

And back to aflw chat, yeah bigfooty is actually (normally) decent

HA! Try hanging around the Saints board where people are absolutely melting down over Hunter Clarke not getting a call up after two 15possesion pre-season games. Its a terrible terrible forum thats rotten to the core but theres just no where else that rivals it for actual content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I said for AFLW chat.

It is terrible as usual for everything else.