Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
babylon 5 is star trek as far as i am concerned

💞IN SPACE londo is bitching about something. he is being racist against the narn
💞a narn dude uses the power of bureaucracy to gently caress with him
💞earth is in a full on civil war. the fat guy in charge of the resistance fighter seems familiar. he has been in stuff
💞they regretfully kill their pursuers. fat captain is all emo which is understandable
💞fat captain sets course for babylon five. it does not matter he is fat btw no judgement here everybody has something
💞THE BABYLON PROJECT GODDAM THIS MUSIC MAKES ME TENSE YEAR OF THE SHADOW WAR :black101:
💞sheridan is briefing garibaldi & ivanova. a narrow band transmission has informed him that the full bodied captain is on the way
💞dr. steve is with delenn, lenier and an injured operative. g'kar appears and has the means to get him quietly to medlab
💞mars is going rogue and refuse to enact martial law. mars seems cool
💞sheridan and ivanova are on the bridge. they have installed a button to kill the comms when the large captain arrives
💞sheridan lays his cards on the table and tells the bridge crew they can check out should they wish
💞nobody pussies out, not even fash leaning new boy
💞the minbari hero warns delenn, lenier and dr. steve that the shadow bastards have turned the unaligned worlds against each other
💞wide boy meets with the command staff. general haig got a better offer from DS9 and will not be joining us
💞who is the guy... what was he in?
💞earth is all fash and most of the people are for it. too loving true
💞aw poo poo earthforce has started bombin mars wtf is wrong with people
💞delenn is off to see
pre:
t h e g r a y c o u n c i l
. she leaves lenier in charge and compliments g'kar as a solid guy
💞the churchill arrives. who's side is they on
💞a cool picture of picard out of dune

💞the outer planets have broken away from earth dome due to their treatment of mars. a space cnn journalist goes rogue and announces such on air
💞beltalowda :black101:
💞space cnn gets bombed
💞the captain of the churchill is good egg. ships are on route to bring b5 under the kosh as they are doing with the outer worlds
💞sheridan is making a stand
💞sheridan is not going to risk all the civilians lightly. he puts it to a vote
💞everybody is down to make a heroic last stand because of course :911:
💞why is sheridan not the loving president?
💞delenn goes to see
pre:
t h e g r e y c o u n c i l
. they do not want to see her but she barges in anyhow
💞delenn lays it all out and calls
pre:
t h e g r i y c o u n c i l
a bunch of pussies
💞delenn calls for full anarchy now and much of the council follows her lead
💞sheridan talks to his dad. his dad knows the score he is a good egg and has sheridan's back no matter what. a good dad
💞i am pretty moved i am an easy mark for emotional dad poo poo
💞babylon 5 scrambles the star furies and whatever they call their other squad. sheridan uses draal's holoprojector to announce that b5 IS loving SECEEDING FROM THE GODDAM EARTH ALLIANCE
💞i would follow you into hell sheridan
💞he lets anyone who wants to sit this out do so which of course noone does
💞lol quasi fash newbie has come good i knew this guy was alright
💞ivanova demands the right to engage in glorious battle and is permitted to take a fighter to go gently caress poo poo up
💞the space fash rock up. IT IS ALL GOING TO KICK OFF
💞sheridan tries to talk the earth fighters out of it but IT ALL KICKS OFF
💞the station is breached! garibaldi & co head to cut them off
💞poo poo was this the future vision from back in season 1 pls do not die?
💞hiroshi's ship is lost
💞ivanova is forced to eject
💞the boarding party meets strong resistance
💞the earth fash ship explodes
💞reinforcements drop through a space hole. even more reinforcements arrive OH poo poo IT IS THE MINBARI
💞delenn goes all boudica and chases off the forces of earth fash
💞garibaldi got hosed up in the battle. zack comforts him
💞heavy set captain is off. sheridan is glad they won but is aware that war is a gently caress
💞garibaldi is ok. sheridan will not wear his jacket again until earth is defucked
💞delenn comes to see sheridan. he wants to thank her and words are not enough KISS HER YOU FOOL
💞he gives a chaste kiss on the hand. ivanova is ok and dr ben also turns up
💞the crew give sheridan a round of applause

HELL of an episode. b5 is now its own soveriegn territory i did not see that coming. holy poo poo babylon :five:/5

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Just finished DS9 what a great show. It managed to end really strong too which not always the case for sci-fi series.
If not for this thread i never would have bothered, so thanks to everyone who posted about the show here.
Now onwards to B5.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

I love Delenn’s badass standoff:

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw or be destroyed.

Earthier: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.

D: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.

E: All ships return to base.

Also, Starfury is the name of the fighter type, not a squadron name. The Earth Alliance mostly uses Starfuries but they are unable to operate in atmosphere. For that they have Thunderbolts (I believe some of them were shown bombing Mars).

Xenocides fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 21, 2019

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Xenocides posted:

I love Delenn’s badass standoff:

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw or be destroyed.

Earthier: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.

D: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.

you had it a little mixed up, fixed it for you

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

you had it a little mixed up, fixed it for you

Thanks, I copied it from a clip and got the speakers confused. Fixed. Thanks.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Baudolino posted:

Now onwards to B5.

it is good EPISODE 55 BUT ACTUALLY 56 BECAUSE I FORGOT TO TAKE THE PILOT INTO ACCOUNT

💋IN SPACE the nightwatch are being expelled for the station. garibaldi has broken his arm
💋the gang are strategising. sheridan is still out of uniform
💋delenn is thanking the minbari fighters. she warns lenier that they might yet die
💋a sniper takes aim at sheridan
💋THE BABYLON PROJECT YEAR OF THE SHADOW WAR LET GO OF YOUR HEART LET GO OF YOUR HEAD
💋the sniper is premature. he must wait for the right time
💋they a star trek II style burial for the fallen. it is quite moving
💋londo is meeting with refa. he knows that refa is in league with the shadow bastards
💋he warns refa to stay away from the shadow bastards
💋londo has poisoned refa in order to encourage him to focus more on defence than expansion,
💋the gang are bringing up some high order routine and changing the passwords
💋delenn is inviting sheridan & the gang to a rebirth ceremony. even londo is asked to attend
💋i am sure tony blair did one of these once
💋a night watch sleeper cell is planning trouble. they are going to kill some minbari
💋one of these guys is a psycho nutter who did some torturing to death ok fella
💋delenn does a LOTR cosplay and goes to see budget aaragon/cole
💋cole is also invited to the ceremony. he is not into the idea
💋garibaldi and ivanova are resetting the password. they have someone turned the computer into a stereotypical olde time wiseguy
💋delenn & lenier try to get londo to take the ceremony seriously. he is not coming
💋g'kar is also too busy to attend
💋delenn takes cole for a walk. cole is kinda a downer
💋delenn meets some minbari. they are ambushed by the night's watch
💋cole blames himself. you are a wanker but this was not your fault
💋the night watch guys skypes garibaldi & sinclair et all. they kill a hostage
💋cole threatens some toughs for info
💋delenn and psycho nightwatch guy have a set to. psycho nightwatch guy seems strangely self aware of how hosed up he is
💋cole has beat up the whole bar. lenier has arrived and discusses the rebirth ceremony
💋lenier gently reminds cole that he is a badass
💋oh lenier is in love with delenn. ok
💋not romantic love apparently, something "higher"
💋i reall that minbari are often full of poo poo and so conclude that lenier has it bad for delenn
💋cole sweats a heavy and gets some info
💋the gang are putting their heads together. cole turns up and points them to grey 14
💋sheridan has a plan. they are going to surrender they are not going to surrender
💋the reactor appears to be leaking but it is all to garibaldi's plan
💋delenn takes a knife in the back shielding sheridan from night watch psycho
💋sheridan kicks the poo poo out of him. he is so over this bullshit
💋delenn is going to be ok. the ceremony is off
💋the pesci AI harasses garibaldi in the lift. he shoots the speaker in frustration
💋sheridan comes to see delenn. he confesses his love for her
💋garibaldi arrives and confesses he is alwyas afraid. this is part of the ritual btw and also all the command staff are symbolically giving up their uniforms
💋ivanova admits she was in love with winters
💋dr. steve admits he is a junkie
💋lenier tells them that a present awaits them in their quarters
💋she has gifted them all swank new uniforms. quite stylish

another really good one. they are knocking it out of the park just recent. still not totally convinced by cole but everybody else is killing it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You hit the point where u can't not watch more . It happens even on watch-through 4, 5, 6 etc

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Yeah, the series shifts gears here as the Shadow War starts to really heat up. The third season as a whole is just phenomenal.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pick posted:

You hit the point where u can't not watch more . It happens even on watch-through 4, 5, 6 etc

I made myself stop at the season break I'll keep on once LBSI catches up

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I also having binged DS9 back in fall/winter '18 realize the two scenes that I most remember from these shows when they were on and I was a child were G'kar/Londo trapped in the closet and Lwaxana/Odo trapped in the closet and I'm p sure I conflated the two and it had deleterious effects on my sexuality

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Pick posted:

sweet geek swag posted:

Yeah, the series shifts gears here as the Shadow War starts to really heat up. The third season as a whole is just phenomenal.

gotta go to sleep in a few hours and then back to work tomorrow but until then babylon 5 season 03 episode 12 babylon 5 never stops babylone 5 forever

✝️IN SPACE ivanova walks onto the bridge nude. the support staff also have new uniforms of a slightly more conservative cut
✝️IT WAS ALL A DREAM OF COURSE. recall that ivanova hates mornings
✝️on the centauri homeworld vir is acting like a huge doink. a centauri noble lightly chastises him for letting londo mess with his reports of minbar
✝️the mad bastard tells a lovely joke and vir escapes... into a room full of narn
✝️DAWN OF THE THIRD AGE SHINING BEACON IN THE NIGHT YEAR OF THE SHADOW WAR
✝️episode title: sic transit vir
✝️ivanova is telling sheridan about her dreams. this is always boring ivanova
✝️sheridan tries his hand at psychoanalysis and diagnoses ivanova as "hosed up [paraphrase]"
✝️londo is being weird. oh, he is on the hunt for a fly (like out of breaking bad)
✝️you are a hack gillian b5 did it first
✝️maintenance has all gone to poo poo since babylon 5 went indy. londo breaks out his sword, kills the bug and then has a mild breakdown
✝️a handsome centauri woman arrives. at first i thought it was his dancer ladyfriend from season 1 but this is not the case
✝️vir gets back to b5
✝️sheridan catches up with delenn. he asks her out for dinner and the two of them are pretty sweet together :3:
✝️vir comes to see londo. londo is acting shifty
✝️the lady is virs wife. oh, not yet but it is all arranged
✝️zack meets ivanova on the bridge. he takes a moment to remark on the beauty of the stars
✝️i like zack
✝️it is not spelled out but it seems like vir is smuggling narn to neutral territory. i like vir as well, he is good squid boy who means well
✝️vir and his new lady friend chat in the garden. she is pulling on a full charm offensive and vir is only centauri after all
✝️vir is meeting with ivanova. it is indeed him smuggling the narn
✝️the narn are actually being smuggled into cushy jobs on the cntauri homeworld but vir is essentially trying to be decent man in indecent times
✝️sheridan is entertaining. he cannot cook for poo poo but he made loads to compensate
✝️he made flarn! it is not great but delenn drowns the fucker in sauce and chokes it down. i have been there delenn
✝️a narn with a big knife threatens vir. vir protects his lady but gets his rear end kicked until sheridan arrives
✝️sheridan also gets his rear end kicked but zack safes the day
✝️the narn shouted a blood oath before going for the kill. what did vir do?
✝️ivanova quizzes him on this very fact.
✝️vir counters by asking her for sex tips. a powerful move
✝️centauri have six dicks and vir goes in to way too much detail about how it all works. he has never got further than slipping the first dick which is practically a handshake by centauri standards
✝️ivanova silently prays for death but eventually comes up with "just be enthusiastic and honest" which is dece advice
✝️delenn catches up with delenn. they have a moment but...
✝️ivanova kills the mood dead. i am sure you had a thing for sinclair you hussy no no slut shaming here (but you totally did)
✝️ivanova exposes virs underground railroad activities to londo. PLOT TWIST all the narn vir "helped" are dead
✝️a narn tracks down vir's lady wife
✝️OH they are not really dead vir has fudged the paperwork. i knew vir was not a nazi prick
✝️londo is outraged. the nazi prick
✝️vir meets his fiance in the garden. she goes all racist and all six of vir's boners deflate
✝️holy gently caress she is a psycho. she has the narn from earlier tied up and thinks it would be real sexy if vir stabbed him to death
✝️the narn blood oath is against virs psycho wife. she reminisces about all the good times she had doing a genocide
✝️londo is giving vir hell. he blames the minbari for making him go soft
✝️vir is not going to be allowed back to minbar. londo feels he has to keep an eye on him
✝️the marriage is on hold. i do not think vir is too broken up about it
✝️ivanova is in sheridans;s office. they are going to use vir's fake centauri to smuggle out some more narn
✝️his photo is a photoshop of sheridan as a centauri
✝️vir is seeing off his fiance. he thinks he can change her
✝️vir likes them crazy

a big ol bindle of b5 fun. but seriously though vir she is a loving nazi just walk away

shame on an IGA posted:

I also having binged DS9 back in fall/winter '18 realize the two scenes that I most remember from these shows when they were on and I was a child were G'kar/Londo trapped in the closet and Lwaxana/Odo trapped in the closet and I'm p sure I conflated the two and it had deleterious effects on my sexuality

interesting to know!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
vir is Good

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think that episode ever actually says what happened to the narn who was hogtied

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't think that episode ever actually says what happened to the narn who was hogtied

There is no way in hell that Vir let them kill him.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

constant thrumming of babylon 5 perhaps it was always there and i just did not know

💲IN SPACE a ship comes through the space hole. ivanova and sheridan need to come up with some way to pay the bills, trade is death
💲garibaldi yells at the mail guy. he cannot afford the higher fees
💲a guy in a bunk is troubled in his sleep. he flashes back/forward to a traumatic time in artistic blck and white
💲he touches some kind of crystal in his vision
💲THE BABYLON PROJECT YEAR OF THE SHADOW WAR THE PLACE... BABYLON 5
💲a lte delivery from avalon
💲was that the guy from logan's run do not dare google it as last time i spoiled myself?
💲dr. steve is chatting with cole. he has diagnosed space flu which impresses dr. steve
💲i a not keen on cole as of yet. he kinda sounds like louie theroux but lacks his charm
💲oh he drops a DAWN OF THE THIRD AGE. maybe you are not so bad cole
💲this is definately the logan's run guy. he starts waving a sword around
💲it is king arthur
💲it is... king arthur
💲it is.... king... arthur
💲cole talks him down and arthur consents to a physical from dr. steve
💲i am just going to assume that he is actually king authur we already had jack the ripper and literal angels
💲authur has no idea how he got there. last thing he knew he was dying on a battlefield
💲apparently he has returned because he is needed
💲sheridan and garibaldi are skeptical. cole points out that this already happened once with jack the ripper
💲dr steve is open minded but cannot marry up his modern manner of speech with how arthur should be chatting
💲vorlons did it is my guess
💲arthur comforts a homeless old woman. some vagabounds stole a picture of her husband & literally king arthur swears this wrong will be righted that this
💲g'kar witnesses literally king arthur accosting the rogues. literally king arthur kicks some rear end
💲literally king arthur gets surrounded but g'kar leaps to his defence. g'kar and literally king arthur are fast friends
💲they return the photo to the lady and go get smashed. literally king arthur invites g'kar to join his new round table and duns him a knight
💲garibaldi is stealing his poo poo from the post office but is thwarted by the postmaster
💲g'kar is smashed. literally king arthur had a bad time of it
💲literally king arthur might not actually be literally king arthur. he has a flashback like what happened in the intro
💲g'kar is loving steaming. gawain was also a drunkard apparently
💲sheridan and ivanova address the unaligned worlds. they want defence support in return for services rendered
💲dr. steve talks to cole about perhaps not literally king arthur. perhaps not literally king arthur has a terrible past
💲perhaps not literally king arthur is haunted in his sleep
💲dr. steve shows perhaps not literally king arthur his profile. perhaps not literally king arthur was at the battle of the line
💲also he was on the prometheus (not that prometheus). oh poo poo he started the goddam earth minbari war
💲not on purpose though
💲kinda surprised this guy was not actually king arthur. he has a flashback and breaks down
💲where he got excalibur from is not explained but he must return it to the lady of the lake
💲arthur aka david has a total break and locks up
💲ivanova and sheridan discuss the new defence arrangements. it will just about work
💲cole and dr. steve discuss the now catatonic david. they somehow puzzle out that delenn is the lady of the lake
💲delenn lays a healing hand upon him and he passes her the sword. a moment of pure understanding and forgiveness passes between them
💲garibaldi gets his package and some sweet revenge on the post office
💲david is going to support the narn resistance. he is seen off by g'kar and dr. steve
💲and cole is also there

more good times with the b5 lads. a plot so strong that i am not even disappointed that the guy was not literally king arthur

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

So the new episode of Disco confirmed that the show takes place in a timeline that is more advanced because of all of the time travel shenanigans and that's why the ships don't look like cardboard submarines with knobs glued on.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
you can have the real king arthur OR the real jack the ripper but not both. that would be highly implausible

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
There is an episode of Babylon 5 about a guy looking for the Holy Grail and an episode about a guy who thinks he is King Arthur. These are two distinct and separate episodes. They have no connection in their respective plotlines with the exception of all the regular space drama.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dudeness posted:

There is an episode of Babylon 5 about a guy looking for the Holy Grail and an episode about a guy who thinks he is King Arthur. These are two distinct and separate episodes. They have no connection in their respective plotlines with the exception of all the regular space drama.

it's a rad show.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the holy grail is only associated with king arthur due to christian fanfiction. it's not canon.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ghostlight posted:

the holy grail is only associated with king arthur due to christian fanfiction. it's not canon.

For sangreal?

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

dudeness posted:

Pick posted:

it's a rad show.

babylon 5 episode too many episodes

🕎IN SPACE some old school ufo's are chilling near the station. garibaldi, ivanova and dr. steve are discussing the return of space cnn
🕎it is now nakedly a propaganda network because everything is terrible
🕎is that a ferengi in the back? probably not
🕎sheridan is test driving a new star fury. these new ones can go into atmosphere
🕎they receive a distress call from an adrift ship and resolve to check it out. oh gently caress it is bester
🕎BABYLON 5 PROJECT SHADOW DAWN ThIRD AGE ALONE NIGHT LAST BEST HOPE
🕎episode is called SHIP OF TEARS
🕎sheridan has noticed that it is a psy-core ship and so is staying out of mind scan range. he knows it is bester and decides to escort him back to the station
🕎g'kar reminds ivanova that he wants in on the secret light warrior club. he says some poo poo about relativity which i do not think is quite right
🕎bester is greeted by a swat team of know nothings who he cannot scan any usable intel on. elsewhere dr. steve points out that they do not really have all that many secrets left to keep
🕎sheridan talks to ivanova. he wants her to go in first because she can use her latent telepath abilities to sense if she is being scanned
🕎bester acts like a huge prick but does not scan her. ivanova gives him a slap to the chops
🕎aha so psy-core are opposed to the shadow bastards. int-er-resting
🕎chekov is a p. good actor do not know if anyone noticed
🕎sheridan is talking with delenn. they want to cut g'kar in he has earned it
🕎delenn will play the bad guy and tell g'kar she nixed intervening against the shadow bastards when they hosed over the narn
🕎bester informs sheridan and ivanova that a ship with shadow bastard supplies is on the way somewhere
🕎he can locate it via thought waves which are amplified in hyperspace
🕎chekov gets all nazi about psychic supremacy. garibaldi is also there, off to one side
🕎bester is on the white star with the super friends. he plonks himself in the captain's chair much to my amusement
🕎bester is such a loving dick i almost kinda like him
🕎delenn is spilling her guts to g'kar. g'kar is not pleased
🕎ah... he gets it. this gets emotional
🕎g'kar is admitted into the secret light warrior club
🕎woah did they just blow up a shadow bastard ship that is a first right?
🕎the shadow bastard mother ship breaks off for reasons unknown and they capture the supply ship
🕎it appears to contain humans in stasis. they are all telepaths
🕎dr. steve is reviving one of the frozen telepaths. they have cyberweb implants
🕎she freaks out big time when she wakes up
🕎according to bester she was a renegade telepath of high P... also there is something else but he is not saying
🕎telepath lady flashes back to being interfered with by shadow bastards and one of their ally races. she freaks out big for a second time
🕎she cocoons herself inside a web of wiring. she does not care for bester
🕎bester is baffled. it is not him but the psy-core logo she hates
🕎THE MACHINE TELLS HER TO KILL :stare:
🕎bester gets a mind flash. it appears the psychics are used to fly the shadow bastard ships
🕎by the way she was also bester's lover and is carrying his child
🕎bester does have feelings. good speech here
🕎indeed the psychics are used to fly the shadow bastard ships. she has also only been gone four weeks
🕎g'kar is inducted into secret light warrior club. also there is a new batttle bridge
🕎ivanova is sceptical about bester
🕎garibaldi reads the narn bible. he has found something
🕎the shadow bastards fear telepaths. sheridan has a cool new jacket. ivanova too
🕎the shadow bastards launch open war

eventful times. are we going to wrap up the shadow war by the end of this season? it is seeming possible. where will they go from there? do not even worry abut it we have got this to get through first. who were those alien dudes aligned with the shadow bastard?. spent a whole day binging babylon 5 no regrets living my best life

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Ghostlight posted:

like, bible canon, or king arthur canon?

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Ghostlight posted:

So, how do you distinguish Arthurian "canon" from "fan fiction"? The story of the Grail first gets associated with Arthur in the late 12th century, in Chrétien de Troyes's "Percival" If that's fan fiction, so is Lancelot, because he wrote them both. If they're fan fiction, is Geoffrey of Monmouth's History of the Kings of Britain, which is early 12th century? That gives us Genevieve and Merlin.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Basically pretty much everything about King Arthur is congealed fanfiction.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

like, bible canon, or king arthur canon?

yes

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

In a couple hundred years all the kids will be watching King Arthur, Optimus Prime, Captain Picard and Spider-man fight the Daleks.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
ivanova always has perfect hair

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Thank you for the B5 summaries, they are awesome and it's like I'm watching the show all over again.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Starfuries are the fighter craft, the squadrons are Delta and Zeta.

Also giving Ivanova Bacon and Eggs is a serious :wtc: moment for all concerned - they're in deep space,and nothing gets to B5 fast from Earth because of shipping and customs at each port enroute, let alone perishable goods. How the gently caress did Marcus GET bacon and eggs?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Stole it from Draal,who probably has replicators.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Man B5 has some great and timely social commentary. These extremely racist social-darwinist aliens come aboard and keep talking about how these alien cultures are so inferior because they meddle with natural evolution. Then they see the station's victims of capitalism and suddenly respect humanity for developing a system which so effectively punishes and destroys the weak and inferior and it's even more direct than their hands-off approach to evolution.

It's so good because these aliens keep going on about evolution and letting inferior beings die so they can't pollute the gene pool and you're supposed to think they're such horrible jerks and humans are so much better for not having a mindset like that. Then you see all miserable poor slum dwellers and the aliens are all "Oh my we just dispassionately allow evolution to occur naturally, but you purposefully isolate and disenfranchise the weak of your own species and exploit them as cheap labour?!?! We didn't even think of something so diabolical!"

Then ivanova fucks the dude by dancing.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

lol but seriously I posted:

goddam i do not post well

I had you on ignore, and I'd open up a post of yours every once in a while in some random thread and then wonder why I had you on ignore. Take you off ignore... then spend all of my time in Star Trek threads scrolling past your posts. That's was it. Nothing personal.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Starfuries are the fighter craft, the squadrons are Delta and Zeta.

Also giving Ivanova Bacon and Eggs is a serious :wtc: moment for all concerned - they're in deep space,and nothing gets to B5 fast from Earth because of shipping and customs at each port enroute, let alone perishable goods. How the gently caress did Marcus GET bacon and eggs?

I am really surprised B5 doesn't have a few chicken coops tbh

Perishable meats should be easy, you just ship a live animal and slaughter it shortly before or after docking

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I am really surprised B5 doesn't have a few chicken coops tbh

Perishable meats should be easy, you just ship a live animal and slaughter it shortly before or after docking

Lol, no. That's a big thing to do logistically, and you lose money every step of the way. You have to feed the animals. Get them vaccinated. Care for them enroute, with all the life support costs for a trip that might take up to several weeks through multiple quarantine stops because you're shipping live animals. Pay for dedicated handlers for each trip. By the end you're either charging an obscene premium or taking a loss. It's not like you're just loading them up in a truck and driving a few hours down the road to the abattoir. That doesn't cover just trying get a couple-dozen cows or chickens into orbit and having them stay calm in zero-g for long periods.

Keeping farm animals on place like Babylon 5 is also just not going to happen for a bunch of its own reasons, the big one being (ironically) space. They'd have to go in the central cylinder where all the plants are just to graze and stay happy, and the kind of space an industrially-sustainable population of even chickens would need is just non-viable for what could be taken up with fruit and vegetable-bearing plants that also produce much-needed oxygen.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Mar 22, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Chickens are easy. You could raise a chicken on Mars right now

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Chickens are easy. You could raise a chicken on Mars right now

A planet is not the same as a space station. Even one where everyone's living in pressurized domes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It's pretty easy to imagine space traders making a bundle on such a space station by bringing relatively fresh foodstuffs, both familiar and exotic, and charging a premium because it's going to be a welcome change from efficient hydroponics and synthetic foodstuffs.

The best you can do for livestock is probably crickets.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
i figured livestock would be a bad idea for a station like that due to diseases. also eating other animals is barbaric and makes humans look even more like morons to probably half the galaxy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

thats not candy posted:

i figured livestock would be a bad idea for a station like that due to diseases. also eating other animals is barbaric and makes humans look even more like morons to probably half the galaxy

It's more the former than the latter, they have restaurants with meat and seafood. It just tends to be stuff that's a little closer than Earth, less perishable, or at a massive premium to get there before it spoils. Also Spoo is an animal enjoyed as a delicacy by most races.