Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I'm so loving glad we didn't elect the fascist

Edit: make this the first post on every new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Your President is siccing the army onto his own citizens

Bring out the guillotine

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Civil war it is, then.

ssera
Aug 9, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Your President is siccing the army onto his own citizens

Bring out the guillotine

I suspect the military is going to take up the static positions (like the police were last weekend) which will then free up the police forces to go all Braveheart on the protestors.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

ssera posted:

I suspect the military is going to take up the static positions (like the police were last weekend) which will then free up the police forces to go all Braveheart on the protestors.

They're saying as much:

quote:

Cette initiative permettra aux forces de l'ordre de se concentrer sur les mouvements, sur le maintien et le rétablissement de l'ordre, a justifié Benjamin Griveaux.

"Le maintien et le rétablissement de l'ordre" is code for cracking skulls.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

ssera posted:

I personally don't care what their mission is. You don't deploy the army to act as a police force against your own people. Let's not normalize this.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I personally don't care what their mission is. You don't deploy the army to act as a police force against your own people. Let's not normalize this.

It's intensely funny that msr le presidente is crying about radicals wanting La Sixieme and then sends military garrisons into Paris

Debout, friends, good luck this weekend

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Kassad posted:

https://twitter.com/sudouest/status/1108038483946418176?s=19

Centrism is thinking that's anything but a badge of honor.

... Oh dear, I do think this is an illegal post :ohdear:

HON HON HON

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Vitamin P posted:

Honest talk if the police crack down and kill some protesters, not a lot of protesters but like 6 protesters, what do you guys think happens? Does it back down or does it escalate?

judging by history cracking down on french rebels only makes them angrier

ssera
Aug 9, 2007

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I care in the sense that it can inform protestors on what to expect over the weekend and maybe let them plan accordingly so they don't end up getting mashed up between a military anvil and a CRS hammer.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Good luck, comrades.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Years from now, someone will make a dramatization of these events and then someone will later turn it into a musical.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Xelkelvos posted:

Years from now, someone will make a dramatization of these events and then someone will later turn it into a musical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6bzAKDw210

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/publicsenat/status/1108625706974482432

"I don't think the military will shoot at protesters"

"I don't think"

"I don't think

i dont think

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Didn't see that get posted:

:getin:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Xelkelvos posted:

https://youtu.be/GyYZfSmwH3c

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Kassad posted:

Didn't see that get posted:

:getin:

Am I understanding this right? According to that it says 40% of the surveyed French people think a revolution is required.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Yup. Admittedly, this includes people for whom "revolution" means "setting up a white ethnostate".

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/Poulin2012/status/1108655562135429120?s=19

This is the fascist gently caress they're sending to quell the protests in paris, he got promoted after dealing with Bordeaux pretty violently from what i heard.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Talking about zero impunity, putting own riots and having no hesitations, quoting clemenceau, ww1 pm

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Good job french goons. The military being deployed means this is escalating. Obv not happy that it has come to this, but also glad that it is growing in size and impact. Goon speed :france:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

Talking about zero impunity, putting own riots and having no hesitations, quoting clemenceau, ww1 pm

france's most powerful chickenhawks have assembled to defend the noble prime minister

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

https://twitter.com/Poulin2012/status/1108655562135429120?s=19

This is the fascist gently caress they're sending to quell the protests in paris, he got promoted after dealing with Bordeaux pretty violently from what i heard.

this dude looks like a villain from a spielberg film

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005
Has the media narrative changed at all? Or are the protests fizzling out but, just to make sure, the military is going to show up to watch them fizzle out?

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Christoph posted:

Has the media narrative changed at all? Or are the protests fizzling out but, just to make sure, the military is going to show up to watch them fizzle out?

From what I gathered the current msm narrative is « last weeks violence discredited the movement » and they’re prepping Castaner to fall.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

and they’re prepping Castaner to fall.

Mostly because he snogged some woman in a nightclub instead of planning how to crack skulls 24/7, from what I've seen

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
They're worried he's losing the urge to kill.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/gblardone/status/1108783736546648064?s=19
Are you afraid now

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/franceinfo/status/1109011508137201665?s=19

"If their lives or those of the people they protect are threatened", soldiers could "go as far as opening fire"

Edit: This is the military governor of Paris btw, not some random commentator

Kassad has issued a correction as of 10:59 on Mar 22, 2019

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Lmao he's back on his Bond-villain poo poo.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kassad posted:

https://twitter.com/franceinfo/status/1109011508137201665?s=19

"If their lives or those of the people they protect are threatened", soldiers could "go as far as opening fire"

Edit: This is the military governor of Paris btw, not some random commentator

do it and watch what happens, fucker

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

do it and watch what happens, fucker

no actually don’t do it

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Flowers For Algeria posted:

no actually don’t do it

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Kassad posted:

the military governor of Paris

Is this a standing thing? Paris having military overseers? Your country is hosed up, y'all should do something about that. Have you considered a protest?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Atrocious Joe posted:

this dude looks like a villain from a spielberg film

He'll be played by christoph waltz in the film adaptation

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Goon Danton posted:

Is this a standing thing? Paris having military overseers? Your country is hosed up, y'all should do something about that. Have you considered a protest?

Yeah, the country's divided into a dozen or so military districts and that's the guy in charge of the one covering Paris and Île-de-France.

If you want to be really horrified, go read about préfets or when Paris first got a mayor.

Kassad has issued a correction as of 12:10 on Mar 22, 2019

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Kassad posted:

Yeah, the country's divided into a dozen or so military districts and that's the guy in charge of the one covering Paris and Île-de-France.

If you want to be really horrified, go read about préfets.

Then if after that you want to be cheered up, read about préfet claude erignac

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
lol claude guéant was a prefet? yikes

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
from what i understand about prefets, they're the unelected representant of the state, they all come from elitist backgrounds

You'd think we could do without that kind of things, butttttt???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
The system makes a lot of sense when you realize that it's all meant to keep down the unruly mob.