Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The feds? Pfft

Gotham is on its own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Balloon man was loving terrifying. Crazy chemicals that make you go insane, that is purely comic book stuff. Some guy that randomly attaches balloon to you until you float off into the air and die? That's real poo poo that could happen to you!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

We back, people!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
"it's a submarine" in the Previously On being Ed's only contribution for weeks is slaying me :laffo:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Is that Bane?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Yup

Edit: oh god, they're going to open Gotham just as they get the sub working, aren't they?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Riddler building that cute submarine all alone is so very Batman and so very, very Gotham

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

It was a joke they only said bane like 10 times.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's a tiny submarine.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Talia?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

That was my guess. I was thinking not since they already connected them in a movie

But it really seems that way

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Juuust missed it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Right yet wrong

Her name is what now?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

The Bloop posted:

Right yet wrong

Her name is what now?

Nyssa.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ohhhhhhhhhh hmm

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of odd how both Arrow and Gotham have gone with Nyssa over Talia (yes Talia eventually showed up but Nyssa was on there longer.) Also funny how they both went with Spartacus actors for Nyssa.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I hated this weedy bane at first but I do like the mask and I think he's growing on me

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Baby just slides right out of her.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I'M GOING TO MISS THIS CRAZY SHOW.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Pregnant lady wheelchair shootout is vintage Gotham.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

That baby popped right out.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo Alfred

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Jeez Selena wasn't much help in that fight.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Execute order sssixteee sixssss

Lol they're just blowing the gently caress out of the narrows

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
4 weeks :stare:

Only 2 episodes left :catstare:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

So just shoot missiles randomly at the city? That's the big government plan?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

The Bloop posted:

I hated this weedy bane at first but I do like the mask and I think he's growing on me

He has a p good Bane voice too I think.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Shane West seems to be doing a Tom Hardy Bane impression the whole time which I'm not stoked about. I was hoping they would interpret Bane in a completely new and different/interesting way that didn't just copy the Tom Hardy movie version, and I think the showrunners and costume designers did a great job with that (making him more of a cyborg-man and not even mentioning or including the Venom drug at all) but West just kind of did what seemed to be a Tom Hardy Bane impression the whole time which was kind of disappointing and felt unoriginal.

On the plus side, Barbara duel-wielding pistols and killing goons while in the middle of going into labor was absolutely hilarious and is exactly the sort of thing that I watch and love this show for. That was gold.

I was very glad that they decided to make that lady be Nyssa Al Ghul and not Talia Al Ghul. I was seriously worried for awhile that she was going to be Talia and I was like "oh man this is seriously weird that she is like a 34 old old woman interacting with 16 year old Bruce when they're supposed to bang and have a child together in the future" but thankfully they avoided that.

Duncan Doenitz
Nov 17, 2010

There are four lights.

nooneofconsequence posted:

So just shoot missiles randomly at the city? That's the big government plan?

Isn't that what Protocol Ten was in Arkham City?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

evilmiera posted:

Balloon Man was VERY serious. We're all serious about Balloon Man here.

I wish Bruce had taken more inspiration from him :sigh:

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
I am the night, but with helium?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMY2dMnK_E

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Duncan Doenitz posted:

Isn't that what Protocol Ten was in Arkham City?

That seems to be where they got most of their inspiration from here, as well as the last Nolan movie. Doctor Strange, Al Ghul's daughter, blowing up Gotham. With Bane and Catwoman on the side.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I’m in season 3 and Bruce just killed Alfred and none of this makes sense. Why would the leader of the court need to do this complicated thing of cloning Bruce, teaching the clone to be Bruce, kidnapping the real Bruce, then training the real Bruce, and then killing everyone in the court, then sending Bruce back… when he could have just ordered them all to slit their own necks open and they would have done it without a second thought because these people are so brainwashed that they’ll cut their fingers off and eat it if you tell them to?

And also the leader can’t die (think he said something about hundreds of years) so what’s the point of an heir?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Boris Galerkin posted:

I’m in season 3 and Bruce just killed Alfred and none of this makes sense. Why would the leader of the court need to do this complicated thing of cloning Bruce, teaching the clone to be Bruce, kidnapping the real Bruce, then training the real Bruce, and then killing everyone in the court, then sending Bruce back… when he could have just ordered them all to slit their own necks open and they would have done it without a second thought because these people are so brainwashed that they’ll cut their fingers off and eat it if you tell them to?

And also the leader can’t die (think he said something about hundreds of years) so what’s the point of an heir?

I'm not going to say that you're wrong for asking these questions, but I will point out that asking them is kind-of like asking why it is that a roller coaster that picks you up on one side of a platform and drops you off on the other side of the same platform has to go through such a long, winding, fast, stomach-churning, equilibrium-screwing path to accomplish that task.

By this point in the series, they've abandoned all but the last vestiges of real-world logic. They're operating on comic book rules now. Why is it needlessly complicated and ridiculous?

Because they got their ham, that's why.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
They’re not even operating by comic book rules, they’re operating by “What if Tim Burton had made the 1966 Batman show as a giallo movie” rules.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Gotham Rules

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/Gotham/status/1111344809124323328

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:flashfap:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I'm sad we can't have just a season of Batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

nooneofconsequence posted:

I'm sad we can't have just a season of Batman.

Well, the problem is that the lead just isn't old enough. And that's a huge problem--you can't have BatAngstyTeen, or BatYoungMan. It's gotta be Batman.

I mean, how could a show like this work around the fact that this character simply isn't old enough to play a believable Batman? They can't just magically age him up! Twice!