Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

OgNar posted:

Pretty sure there is an animal trader in the SW city in the desert. Stoat or maybe Heng.

Heng, Stoat and I think Battai generally have animal traders who also sell crops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I got a mod called Hive Expanded that adds some really neat hive-specific armours and weapons you can craft:

the hat even has a little hole for the antenna!

:3:

edit: if anyone has any recommendations for mods that would be cool, just general stuff that improves the Experience would be nice

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Mar 22, 2019

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Get Circumsoldat's other two mods, Cannibals Expanded and Screaming Bandits Expanded, there's some good stuff in there and also makes cannibals kind of scary.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

juggalo baby coffin posted:

edit: if anyone has any recommendations for mods that would be cool, just general stuff that improves the Experience would be nice

Two of my favorite mods, Hivers Are Selling Their Lanterns (Clothing shops everywhere have belt lanterns in stock, great for working at night) and Wear your hats with everything (Buy/craft smaller versions of hats and masks that go in the belt slot) let your much-neglected belt slot come into play. Of course there are some weird clipping issues with wearing two hats, and another mod I have keeps your hair from disappearing under hats, so that looks weird too.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

I got a mod called Hive Expanded that adds some really neat hive-specific armours and weapons you can craft:

the hat even has a little hole for the antenna!

:3:
Oh my god, that's adorable. Hivers are still the best.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

Oh my god, that's adorable. Hivers are still the best.

i just wish they didnt have insanely low hp and get knocked out instantly

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

i just wish they didnt have insanely low hp and get knocked out instantly
If you want to use them in combat, then you just have to select for soldier drones (the "hammerhead guys"). Those have 200 base HP for the head and 100 everywhere else, which is pretty respectable and beats out Greenlanders for their average.

I mean, it makes sense. They're bugs. Bugs specialize.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I dunno; despite having 200 head health, soldier drones can't wear helmets while workers can, which more than removes whatever benefits that extra health brings. Skeletons can't wear helmets either, true, but some quick repairs will have them back up pretty quick.

EDIT: I suppose being constantly headshot and knocked out would really help build up toughness, and with 200 head health you won't really have to worry about being instakilled by decapitation, but it's still a fringe benefit, at least to me.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, I guess that would make a difference. Sorry about that, I've been playing with a "full armor slots on everything" mod for so long that I've honestly kind of forgotten who can wear what. It's one of the first things I installed, I just found the idea too annoying and the game is really improved for me by being able to play Fashion Souls equally with everyone I pick up. I spend as much time just sitting around forging and equipping random bits of masterwork plate armor these days as I actually spend doing anything else.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

the hiver expansion mod i got adds special shaped armour for hiver soldier drones that also covers their head

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Got back from the Deadlands and building some new armor and weapons before venturing out again with my new Skeleton Krew. While I am waiting for the crafters I decide to just add a few things to the base.
Add some outhouses just because.
10 minutes later I notice a big grouping of guys along the wall and there's a drat line at the outhouses. It seems my guys were in dire need. Maybe I just need to build more stools around.

Not sure why the Skeletons needed to go, maybe they needed to drain some oil.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I lost all my save files, so once again a slave start.

I left my game on overnight at 3x speed and came back to 77 athletics, 91 str, and 75 labouring for my characters (mining increases str mod). Now every night we have been fighting the guards, training up toughness and MA. We accidentally freed one prisoner that started slitting the throats of the guards after we have been knocking them out, which then we throw into the corpse disposal.

Rebirth has been getting quieter, and the slaves let out of their cages later in the morning, if the guards get to them at all.

Once I take out the tower guards, we are going to release everyone en masse and attack the gate guards. Rebirth will be reborn as an empty monument to a fickle god.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Donkringel posted:

... started slitting the throats of the guards after we have been knocking them out...

Is this from a mod?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Budgie Jumping posted:

Is this from a mod?
It would have to be, that's not something you can do natively. There are mods that add "organ meats" or something like that to NPCs that will automatically cause them to die when it is removed. I recommend them. It's not really a major balance change because you still need to manually click and loot every corpse to make it work, so it's not really worth bothering with for the average bandit encounter. When you absolutely need something dead, though, it allows you to actually make sure it dies.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
It's a big balance change in a way, but it's also like 1000x less tedium when you don't want to actually micromanage a 90 minute invasion of blister hill or whatever

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Budgie Jumping posted:

Is this from a mod?

Yes, although it isn't the exact point of the mod I use. I grabbed a race mod that mods in the Tokyo Ghouls, it adds meat to humans. Consequently, when my prison buddy looted the downed guards and took the food (human meat) she immediately killed them. I just decided to rp that she didn't want them back up.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kidnapped the Bugmaster and Master Kenshi today. That’s pretty drat neat. Does anything cool happen with them?

Gorgeous Mohammad
Oct 15, 2009
On Hiver chat I downloaded some mod at one point that lets soldier drones wear iron hats/rattan hats/maybe some other stuff. I think it's a fair compromise.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

so i installed the other faction expansion mods, and something along the way that unlocked a lot of other race choices. the other skeleton subraces with the different heads get different stat bonuses, which is interesting and apparently part of vanilla, you just can't pick those subraces.

I tried out the Freedom Seekers start, where you get 6 guys, 1 with good combat stats, and a bunch of building materials. idk if it counts as cheating, but I did 4 skeletons, then a token cannibal human, and then a fogman soldier as the combat guy.

we've got a pretty nice base going in the black desert, where it took me a long time to realise that the black moving clouds are deadly gas, which is why my two non-skeletons kept randomly going unconscious. the early days were rough, with all the roaming ninjas, but I got pretty good at having my guys hide until the poison gas claimed the raiders and then moved in to loot their gear and finish off the stragglers.

3 of my guys do mostly non-combat stuff, and the other 3 do combat stuff.

from left to right: shrieker, WREEEE, and guts

Shrieker is my toughest guy, he trained himself by picking fights with cannibal patrols, getting beaten up, then repairing himself over and over. the cannibal expansion cannibals are no joke, but the armour he's wearing is from the toughest kind of new cannibal, so you can tell he's a badass. He's chaperoning the other two in cannibal land, they're made of weak flesh so the training process is a lot slower. Shrieker brutalises a crowd of cannibals, then the other two beat up whoever wakes up from the big pile of corpses.

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
Are Melee Attack and Melee Defense used at all when in unarmed combat, or is it only Martial Arts and Dodge that matter?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Davos posted:

Are Melee Attack and Melee Defense used at all when in unarmed combat, or is it only Martial Arts and Dodge that matter?

only martial arts and dodge

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Okay, decided I would try getting into this game properly. Trip report:

Made a wandered who began in The Hub, recruited Hobbs right away. We went to a nearby couple of mining nodes and started working for some cash, was going okay, spend the night in the bar. The next morning I saw that someone bandits had had a fight with some random animals so I looted some corpses, made a bit more money, and went for some more mining.

After chokking up a few bits of copper a goat wandered past.

"It's just a goat," I thought, "Game is meant to be hard but it's one goat."

RIP me and Hobbs, killed to death by one (1) goat.

Game owns.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Don't worry guys, I'm sure he'll pull through.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Ms Adequate posted:

Okay, decided I would try getting into this game properly. Trip report:

Made a wandered who began in The Hub, recruited Hobbs right away. We went to a nearby couple of mining nodes and started working for some cash, was going okay, spend the night in the bar. The next morning I saw that someone bandits had had a fight with some random animals so I looted some corpses, made a bit more money, and went for some more mining.

After chokking up a few bits of copper a goat wandered past.

"It's just a goat," I thought, "Game is meant to be hard but it's one goat."

RIP me and Hobbs, killed to death by one (1) goat.

Game owns.

Everyone learns not to gently caress with goats the hard way

A lot of people do the 'i have 6 warriors in samurai armor, how bad can a herd of goats be'

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

i accidentally joined some kind of robot cult who wears human skins

Greetings fellow hooman, let me look after your skin.

I promise I won't lose it.

Crab raiders rule, skin bandits drool :downs:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Vakal posted:

I honestly do my best to heal up any dudes who survived my punching their limbs off, because I feel kind of bad about the whole business :shobon:

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

Vakal posted:

he just needs to be bandaged up a bit, he'll be fine.

That is the longest unconscious timer I've ever seen though, what exactly did you hit him with.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Carcer posted:

he just needs to be bandaged up a bit, he'll be fine.

That is the longest unconscious timer I've ever seen though, what exactly did you hit him with.

Limb losses in general provoke big KO timers, and lower toughness means it doesn't get mitigated much.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

I once punched a man so hard that most of his limbs exploded which was pretty great

On that note, I think I'm going to go for training a master robotics guy to make a bunch of limbs, building up a base with a skinning machine, and beginning the Strogification process

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Be sure to swing in by Mongrel for extra CYBER BEEP action.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Fogmen give me the creeps(I realize this is vaguely hypocritical after detailing my plan to rip people's limbs off in order to turn them into cyborgs)so I usually only go to Mongrel with skeletons.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

No, you're going there. CYBER BEEP is obligatory. :colbert:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

A friend of mine has been getting into Kenshi modding. He's implemented a watchtower and started swearing about quaternions when adding turret points, and uh...

Apparently someone said 'Baka Things' in the modding Discord server and things got out of hand. :magical:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

:eyepop:

Can't wait to play GOTY 2050 Kenshi 2.

If I die before that, I'll haunt this dev.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

here's some screenshots from today:

The gang is really getting into busting up slavery in the holy empire

turns out if you cut off peoples legs their bodies will start to burn on the poison sands, because they're no longer protected by their boots. the little details are so good!

during the seemingly never ending fight to free Rebirth, i found out that if you strip fallen guards and lock them on the prisoner poles, eventually another guard will show up and enslave them. owned.

hive armour technology is incredible! despite losing both legs, the hiver groin plate has kept my fogmans fog dick entirely intact! go hivers!

the loss of his legs hasn't gotten WREEEE down, he can run at 40mph now, and stab paladins right in the brain!

that reactive world mod is really cool. i busted up Narko's Trap and killed all the paladins there, and now the deadlands robots have moved in and taken the place over, the buildings are all trashed. I'm hoping there's a way to destroy Rebirth too, I think I killed most of the guards but more keep showing up from somewhere.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Anticheese posted:

A friend of mine has been getting into Kenshi modding. He's implemented a watchtower and started swearing about quaternions when adding turret points, and uh...

Apparently someone said 'Baka Things' in the modding Discord server and things got out of hand. :magical:

MOD LINK NOW.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I didn't think you could make those things even more horrifying, but here we are.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Mar 25, 2019

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I would also like googly eyes for as many creatures and people too, if possible.

Achewater
Apr 20, 2016
Well OK then this is a more in-demand thing than I would have anticipated.

I'll go teach myself how to Steam Workshop stuff and upload the Baka Things for all you bizarre people, tomorrow if I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Speaking of beak things, I've been playing with the animal traders mod for some time now but to be honest I almost never buy animals from them in my regular games, so I decided to use one of the additional starts the mod has, especifically "guy with a beak thing".

Pups are cute but useless in combat.

They'll try to it all corpses. It's a real pity that due to technichal issues it does not get them any nutrition whatsoever, but letting your beak thing dismember unconscious people is fun in a sadistic, Kenshi way. Can't wait for him to become an adult.