Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
BTFU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The Seton Hall Wofford game is quite a cracker

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

The white dude on Baylor is playing at untold levels of grit

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ungratek posted:

The white dude on Baylor is playing at untold levels of grit

He’s originally the white dude from Yale that dropped 31 on Baylor two years ago.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

coach's kid is 0-6 shooting

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Wofford has like 40 somethings in their pep band.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue lead down to 13 at the under 12 TO. ODU starting to hit shots.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Jesus Wofford put 9 points up in 80 seconds.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Fletcher Magee should go no. 1

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
it's legit ridiculous how important Grady Eifert made himself to this team

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

Purdue lead down to 13 at the under 12 TO. ODU starting to hit shots.

Up 17 at the under 8, ODU didn't score in that stretch. 4 minutes of ugly basketball for both teams.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
28 threes in regulation is the tournament record? feels like one of those Kevin Pittsnogle WVU teams should've done that at some point

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Syracuse seems like they'd be very hard to cheer for.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
what an absolutely horseshit foul call. Haarms was right to yell

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Poque posted:

what an absolutely horseshit foul call. Haarms was right to yell

And ODU lost control of the ball and traveled across the lane before throwing up another miracle bank in.

Purdue by 9 w/ 3:40 to go.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

well, gj baylor

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

I love Matt Haarms

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
gently caress yeah

Can you even imagine Isaac Haas ever having a play like that, or a dunk at all, ever

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Poque posted:

gently caress yeah

Can you even imagine Isaac Haas ever having a play like that, or a dunk at all, ever

The weird thing he is doing it pretty regularly in the G-League. Not a breakout dunk like that, but dunking and finishing in traffic better than he did in college.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

PotatoJudge posted:

The weird thing he is doing it pretty regularly in the G-League. Not a breakout dunk like that, but dunking and finishing in traffic better than he did in college.
Yeah he's been a decently effective scorer in the G League and considering he's the size he is and the fact that he's is still only 23 he can probably BS his way to some kind of millions of dollars playing pro basketball.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Mar 22, 2019

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Crazy Ted posted:

Yeah he's been a decently effective scorer in the G League and considering he's the size he and the fact that he's is still only 23 he can probably BS his way to some kind of millions of dollars playing pro basketball.

He can in Europe for sure, I don't think he's ever going to be good enough on defense to play in the NBA though. It's really really hard to make it right now as a traditional center, there's tons of guys who would have comfortably been on a roster 5-10 years ago who are stuck in the g-league or Europe now.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 22, 2019

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I've got a couple middling brackets left after Day One, never lucky. My wife has never watched or filled out a bracket, 15/16 correct. gently caress

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Omnikin posted:

I've got a couple middling brackets left after Day One, never lucky. My wife has never watched or filled out a bracket, 15/16 correct. gently caress

This is how it always goes. I run a bracket every year with my friends, and the people who win are the people who watch the least amount of basketball. I have yet to make it even into the top 2 over 9 years or so.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
iowa offense on point

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Cook with 2 fouls not even 6 minutes into the game. Iowa forgot to wake up or something.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So far Iowa looking...well about like I thought they might. I mean I picked them because I'm dumb but I was afraid this was what was going to happen.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

oklahoma starting off white hot against ole miss

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

For how terrible OU has been lately, I expected them to get run out of this tournament.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I was expecting that to be a lot worse

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Bird in a Blender posted:

For how terrible OU has been lately, I expected them to get run out of this tournament.

same, even with that home win against ku. now it's time to see if they hold on to the lead

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I know there's a long ways to go, but being 20 down before the 1st half is over is a tough hill to climb.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Call me crazy but I think they forgot to count one of Cincinnati's buckets. Should be 54, not 52.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lmao Vanderbilt just fired Bryce Drew

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Call me crazy but I think they forgot to count one of Cincinnati's buckets. Should be 54, not 52.

CBS has the score as 59-55 but some other places have it as 58-55. I don't know what is happening or what the real score is.

e: Other sources have updated to 59-55 so maybe it's all good?

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 22, 2019

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tech starting the game looking like poo poo. Just little mistakes, missed free throws and turnovers

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Go UCI, zot zot zot

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
C'mon Iowa, pull this out

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Oh look it's the American dropping wet farts throughout the first round of the tournament again

Then again Iowa was underseeded at 10

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 22, 2019

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Cane Broome. A real person's name, allegedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Don’t do this Cincy