Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Nevermind that, KEENSPOT is still going? And they're making... Uh...

:stare:

this is very good. im glad webcomics are good again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Looks like somebody's trying to get their portfolio ready to apply for a position at Mad Magazine.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Or a Deviantart fetish community

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The sad part is, this is the second Fartnight spoof comic I’ve seen now. The first one I saw managed to actually make it onto the shelves of a real comic book store :negative:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I really don’t like where that tube is going

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oxxidation posted:

I really don’t like where that tube is going

Really? Cuz I think they like it

Wrong game, but all I can think of is this now

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
And that pushes it over to "This is the artist's and/or author's fetish"

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah I really should have posted that one first.

I also want to stress these are physical comic books you pay for and they ship to you, not a webcomic. For some reason.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yeah that was the one I saw out in the wild. So it's the same comic then. That's... mildly encouraging, I guess, rather than there being multiple people out there who managed to make similar comics with the same gross and puerile premise.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nuns with Guns posted:

That loving comic is still going? What could possibly be happening in it at this point?

At the least it seems to have been unseated from its perpetual roost at the top of the TWC 100.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

At the least it seems to have been unseated from its perpetual roost at the top of the TWC 100.

Well from the look of it, Twokinds is still fairly popular with the DeviantArt folks, so someone is still reading and liking it out there...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh no... that was no fart.

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND
Hey, I know it's been a while since I dropped in on this thread (and also updated Poppy) but I'd really appreciate it if people didn't spread gross unsubstantiated rumors about me
I'm currently aiming to get Poppy back to a regular update schedule in June/July-ish after finishing up the Poppy 1 redraw/owed pages

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

Well from the look of it, Twokinds is still fairly popular with the DeviantArt folks, so someone is still reading and liking it out there...

I honestly forget DeviantArt's still a thing.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Morbi posted:

Hey, I know it's been a while since I dropped in on this thread (and also updated Poppy) but I'd really appreciate it if people didn't spread gross unsubstantiated rumors about me
I'm currently aiming to get Poppy back to a regular update schedule in June/July-ish after finishing up the Poppy 1 redraw/owed pages

Sorry, Morbi. The slow-drip illustrated webnovel format really doesn't do it for me. You should really write a book.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I like webnovels and Poppy also.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycoexoeve0Y

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
webcomics were never good

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Sorry, Morbi. The slow-drip illustrated webnovel format really doesn't do it for me. You should really write a book.

I think webnovel with comic pages for action sequences works fine.

I think it flows 100x times better than Erfworld transition ever did.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

White Rock posted:

I think webnovel with comic pages for action sequences works fine.

I think it flows 100x times better than Erfworld transition ever did.

have you ever heard of 'damning with faint praise'

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ahahaha gently caress it's avs's Widowmaker Fart Fetish Fanfic Shitpost, but, like, real

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Morbi posted:

get ready to dance, boy

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
that kinda glee from an outside person not also kinda weird at all

today in ns:

the linked music bodes well for the next couple pages lmao goodbye whatever was normal

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

guilt can be a potent if poorly thought out substitute for knowing how to drive a stick

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
i dont plug a ghost story enough but im on tenterhooks w the whole "alice on both sides of this door" situation that surely has to break out soon

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Morbi posted:

do you still post on 4chan

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

A trick question. It's anonymous! The answer is obviously "maybe, how would you know?"

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND

PMush Perfect posted:

do you still post on 4chan

It's been long enough since I last touched a 4chan thread that I don't remember my old tripcode, so no, and probably not again anytime in the foreseeable future.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Can you guys help me identify a webcomic I read ages ago? All I can remember is an aside about sports gear. There was this shoulder and arm guard thing thing that was advertised for "you drat well know what". Which was referring to an underground sport that was legally considered a form of assault, so they couldn't mention the name in advertising.

As I said, this was an aside, not part of the actual plot of the comic, of which I remember nothing.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

that's almost definitely Templar Arizona but good luck tracking down that bit

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 26, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

That's it, thanks! But it appears that comic is extremely dead. But the print version is still somehow available on Amazon?

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

why do people in webcomics keep hooking up irl and if i do a webcomic will someone hook up with me irl

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

also do i get to choose a webcomicker or does one get assigned to me randomly

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Gripweed posted:

That's it, thanks! But it appears that comic is extremely dead. But the print version is still somehow available on Amazon?

The author (Spike Trotman) grew her kickstarter successes into a solid publishing business, which keeps her busy. I think Templar Arizona is a thing she'd theoretically return to given infinite time, but y'know how that sort of thing goes.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Ditocoaf posted:

The author (Spike Trotman) grew her kickstarter successes into a solid publishing business, which keeps her busy. I think Templar Arizona is a thing she'd theoretically return to given infinite time, but y'know how that sort of thing goes.

She’s said she has no plans to return to it, so...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

But the print version is still somehow available on Amazon?

Apparently it's remarkably easy to get into Amazon for small publishers and there are a lot of printing services that'll print poo poo until the end of time unless the publisher specifically requests they don't. There's a neat video of some dude trying to get his lovely YA novel gone and there's a lot of hoops to jump.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Mors Rattus posted:

She’s said she has no plans to return to it, so...

It's too bad, as Templar, AZ was the first webcomic I really loved. But it's abundantly clear that Spike prefers writing to drawing, and publishing to both, so that's where we are. I'm super glad for some of the stories other creators have been able to tell because of her business, though.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

avshalemon posted:

If you do not have a webcomics SO, one will be assigned to you.

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

avshalemon posted:

the contract arrives in the night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

good news everyone, i'm engaged to the tails got trolled guy