Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Dustin May also had a solid spring if they decide Stripling is best in long relief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

resident posted:

Dustin May also had a solid spring if they decide Stripling is best in long relief.

Roberts already said Stripling was there 6th starter, so he is gonna benefit from any injuries to the rotation.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

yeah I'm worried he has a broken hamate bone which would really suck. I have him on my Trout team unfortunately, I was hoping to get a 3B around his range in the draft instead so I could put Carp at 1B.

https://twitter.com/AndrewSimonMLB/status/1109212426417905665

:yikes:

So glad I got Voit in my money league along with Olson. Him, Betances, and Jeffress mean all three IL slots will be filled from day 1!

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 22, 2019

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

So pissed I accidentally drafted Ryu instead of Chicken Strip in the fire and forget league. At least I grabbed him in my money one.

Ryu is better though.

Also heads up, with Hill on the IL, Julio Urias is in the rotation to start the season.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

Ryu is better though.

Perhaps, but I think Stripling will throw more innings and still be an above average pitcher, which might end up being more important in the F&F format. I dunno, I might be valuing playing time too much for that.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
If Gennett is badly hurt (I have him for very cheap) would you rather keep Puig or German Marquez at $13 (or neither)?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Inspector_666 posted:

https://twitter.com/AndrewSimonMLB/status/1109212426417905665

:yikes:

So glad I got Voit in my money league along with Olson. Him, Betances, and Jeffress mean all three IL slots will be filled from day 1!

Well poo poo. Yeah, same here on Voit.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

ChiTownEddie posted:

If Gennett is badly hurt (I have him for very cheap) would you rather keep Puig or German Marquez at $13 (or neither)?

Can you post your team & league settings? This is a pretty hard comparison in a vacuum.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I offered mondesi for Santana straight up and the guy got real mad at my bad trade. was I that far off? points league and he really needs a 2b/SS.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

bewbies posted:

I offered mondesi for Santana straight up and the guy got real mad at my bad trade. was I that far off? points league and he really needs a 2b/SS.

Which Santana? Domingo? That would be a good offer for Domingo, other guy is bad.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
yeah was Carlos....mondesi actually went before him in the draft but only because my internet went out and he was autopicked

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I would hold onto the guy who was on pace for 30/60 last year. Santana is very low ceiling. You can probably get his production off waivers.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Are people really that high on Domingo to give up a potential 15hr/50sb guy for him?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

fawning deference posted:

Are people really that high on Domingo to give up a potential 15hr/50sb guy for him?

I wouldn't trade Mondesi for him. Just saying that should have been enough.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'm all in on Adalberto Mondesi this year. Monster fantasy season incoming. I will reach for him in drafts without hesitation.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

I'm all in on Adalberto Mondesi this year. Monster fantasy season incoming. I will reach for him in drafts without hesitation.

He was really good last season and I had a lot of hype about him, then I realized I have Machado as a keeper in many leagues. If I have no SS then yeah I'd reach for him, too.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

:same: I have 4 shares of him.

Had to pass on him in the Goon Keeper league because of the OBP issue.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

resident posted:

Can you post your team & league settings? This is a pretty hard comparison in a vacuum.

It's a 12 team roto, 4x4: R, RBI, SB, OPS and IP, ERA, WHIP, K.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I am keeping Trout, JRam, and Mondesi in my Roto league. The HR/steals combo is already insane.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I don't like Mondesi enough to draft him but if someone offered me Carlos Santana for him, I'd take it without hesitation.

If someone's salty about you offering that deal, don't worry, they're being dumb.

Keep Mondesi. Santana puts up some alright numbers, but he's hardly replacabe.

If it's Domingo Santana, that applies except I have less faith in him.

Anyone with Domingo should be selling

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Simpsons Reference posted:

I don't like Mondesi enough to draft him but if someone offered me Carlos Santana for him, I'd take it without hesitation.

If someone's salty about you offering that deal, don't worry, they're being dumb.

Keep Mondesi. Santana puts up some alright numbers, but he's hardly replacabe.

If it's Domingo Santana, that applies except I have less faith in him.

Anyone with Domingo should be selling

I'm 100% in agreement on this. Although I don't play roto, where his SB projections would weigh more heavily for me.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

ChiTownEddie posted:

It's a 12 team roto, 4x4: R, RBI, SB, OPS and IP, ERA, WHIP, K.

Not counting HR is an affront to the baseball gods and you should quit this league immediately. I’d probably take Marquez in this format though.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I'm hearing 4-6 weeks for Olsen, with hitters usually needing a bit to find their power stroke again after that surgery.

Hamate bones are weird. The one time my best friend and I got into a fight in High School (stupid teenager poo poo) he broke his hamate bone on my head. He never missed his hamate bone, though. Maybe I'll ask him tonight when he comes over to drink.

Regarding Knebel, even if it's a partial tear, is he pretty much hosed for a while?

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 23, 2019

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I'm hearing 4-6 weeks for Olsen, with hitters usually needing a bit to find their power stroke again after that surgery.

Hamate bones are weird. The one time my best friend and I got into a fight in High School (stupid teenager poo poo) he broke his hamate bone on my head. He never missed his hamate bone, though. Maybe I'll ask him tonight when he comes over to drink.

Regarding Knebel, even if it's a partial tear, is he pretty much hosed for a while?

I'd expect at least 3 months for Olsen to get his power stroke back.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Just traded Donaldson and Laureano for Matt Chapman in the Goon Keeper league.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Just drafted for the first time in a decade. Good news is I got Trout, Mondesi, and Altuve. Bad news is my pitching is god loving awful hahaha. Jesus.

Edit: my roster, AL only

Trout $55
Altuve $40
Stanton $36
Carrasco $23
Springer $20
Mondesi $23
Severino $19
Christian Vasquez $1
Brad Hand $15
Matthew Boyd $1
Shane Greene $1
Brad Keller $1
Marwin Gonzalez $3
Justin Bour $2
Lucroy $1
Brad Boxberger $2
E. Nunez $1
Ryan Yarbrough $2
Mitch Moreland $2
Freddy Galvis $2
Teoscar Hernandez $2
Daniel Palka $1
Marco Gonzalez $2

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 23, 2019

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Projected to finish last in all three of my leagues so far. Also I'm joining the Mondesi club. Come on, Raul Jr!

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I had my draft today, and afterwards, I tried trading with my buddy. However, after I offered Rizzo & Strausburg for his Soto & Marquez, I talked myself out of making the deal.

Anyways, here's my team. It's a 5x5 league that counts OBP instead of AVG. I also went in with no prep.

1. (10) Bryce Harper (Phi - OF)
2. (11) Jose Altuve (Hou - 2B)
3. (30) Gerrit Cole (Hou - SP)
4. (31) Anthony Rizzo (ChC - 1B)
5. (50) Trevor Bauer (Cle - SP)
6. (51) Eugenio Suárez (Cin - 3B)
7. (70) Stephen Strasburg (Was - SP)
8. (71) Blake Treinen (Oak - RP)
9. (90) Eloy Jiménez (CWS - OF)
10. (91) Willson Contreras (ChC - C)
11. (110) José Peraza (Cin - SS)
12. (111) Kirby Yates (SD - RP)
13. (130) Nomar Mazara (Tex - OF)
14. (131) Josh Hader (Mil - RP)
15. (150) Tyler Glasnow (TB - SP,RP)
16. (151) Cody Allen (LAA - RP)
17. (170) Fernando Tatis Jr. (SD - SS)
18. (171) Will Smith (SF - RP)
19. (190) Gregory Polanco (Pit - OF)
20. (191) Kyle Freeland (Col - SP)
21. (210) Mychal Givens (Bal - RP)
22. (211) Austin Meadows (TB - OF)
23. (230) Sean Newcomb (Atl - SP)

I drafted pitching higher than I usually do. I also tried to do IcePhoenix's strategy of a few strong starters mixed with strong relievers. Tried is the key word. I closed my eyes as I picked Bauer.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I would take Soto and Marquez for Strausburg and Rizzo, but then again I'm really high on both Soto and Marquez and kind of indifferent toward Rizzo. You're already set on OFs, what would your 1B replacement be? It's a shallow position, unfortunately.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Yeah considering Strasburg is your SP3 you can afford to take a hit there. I'd do the Stras and Rizzo for Soto and Marquez deal too.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am pretty on Soto, too. I talked myself out of it because while Rizzo had a bit of a down year, he still could be a valuable player. Mind you, he is entering his age-29 season. It's trying to balance whether Soto is still going to continue improving and whether you think Rizzo is going to stay where he is. To me, it's a gamble, especially considering I'd be giving up Stras for Marquez. Stras has his issues, but then I scared myself out of trading for a Colorado pitcher (even though I picked up Freeland late).

The 1B position WW is dire. Braun just got dropped. Jose Martinez is the next highest ranked player.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hail Satan

https://twitter.com/YahooSports/status/1109534667911229441?s=19

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Twin Cinema posted:

I had my draft today, and afterwards, I tried trading with my buddy. However, after I offered Rizzo & Strausburg for his Soto & Marquez, I talked myself out of making the deal.

Anyways, here's my team. It's a 5x5 league that counts OBP instead of AVG. I also went in with no prep.

1. (10) Bryce Harper (Phi - OF)
2. (11) Jose Altuve (Hou - 2B)
3. (30) Gerrit Cole (Hou - SP)
4. (31) Anthony Rizzo (ChC - 1B)
5. (50) Trevor Bauer (Cle - SP)
6. (51) Eugenio Suárez (Cin - 3B)
7. (70) Stephen Strasburg (Was - SP)
8. (71) Blake Treinen (Oak - RP)
9. (90) Eloy Jiménez (CWS - OF)
10. (91) Willson Contreras (ChC - C)
11. (110) José Peraza (Cin - SS)
12. (111) Kirby Yates (SD - RP)
13. (130) Nomar Mazara (Tex - OF)
14. (131) Josh Hader (Mil - RP)
15. (150) Tyler Glasnow (TB - SP,RP)
16. (151) Cody Allen (LAA - RP)
17. (170) Fernando Tatis Jr. (SD - SS)
18. (171) Will Smith (SF - RP)
19. (190) Gregory Polanco (Pit - OF)
20. (191) Kyle Freeland (Col - SP)
21. (210) Mychal Givens (Bal - RP)
22. (211) Austin Meadows (TB - OF)
23. (230) Sean Newcomb (Atl - SP)

I drafted pitching higher than I usually do. I also tried to do IcePhoenix's strategy of a few strong starters mixed with strong relievers. Tried is the key word. I closed my eyes as I picked Bauer.

Yo, go back and pray your buddy still takes this offer. Soto is potential top 5-10 player, Rizzo is... not. Stras has a better floor than Marquez, but (and this feels weird to say) probably a lower ceiling.

Also Bauer is going to be real good this year.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Fuckin Jose Ramirez carted off the field during my draft and he's a keeper god dammit

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
My draft is in an hour and I've been making sure all the guys I want to draft are healthy. I didn't prepare at all for my draft last year and ended up taking a couple injured players late because the clock was ticking and didn't have time to look.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Don’t know if this is actual news but DBacks officially named Holland closer

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

the_american_dream posted:

Don’t know if this is actual news but DBacks officially named Holland closer

I dropped Shane Greene for him. I "think" that is an improvement.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

I dropped Shane Greene for him. I "think" that is an improvement.

I dropped Shane Greene for Bradley :negative:

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Traded Teoscar Hernandez for Brad Peacock and am trying to drop Ryan Yarbrough for Ryan O'Hearn. I have no idea if any of this is a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Just traded Stanton and Carlos Santana for Machado and Cesar Hernandez in the keep forever league that a few goons are in, feeling pretty good about it since I have Trout/Soto/Eloy/Buxton as it is and basically nothing for infielders (though I did well enough in the draft on that regard IMO)

Team before the trade:

12 team h2h keep 7-10 between seasons as your first picks 6x6, standard 5x5 + OPS and Outs