Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yamato is hot though so it is impossible to tell if he is good or bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Hunt11 posted:

Chaos that comes from groveling before a god is not Chaos at all.

I feel like a lot of Chaos gods would disagree with you.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the real question is male tico vs female tico

people who choose male tico should be shot

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

NikkolasKing posted:

Thank you, that sounds pretty neat. Is it hard to get the good Daichi ending?

Also I forgot to say on here but Fumi, Airi, Joe and Io were my favorite characters and it's so strange Airi joins up with Ronaldo when it was Ronaldo's goons who murdered Jungo.

Also these characters have the best faces

Getting the best possible version of Daichi's ending is difficult and requires planning throughout the game, similar to a max social link run in Persona. Getting the regular "good" version just requires you to view a series of specific plot conversations about the Akashic Records from Friday onwards: they're not too hard to get, but they do require keeping Io alive and having spoken to the Anguished One at certain points. The differences between the best and good version are pretty minor.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Thuryl posted:

Getting the best possible version of Daichi's ending is difficult and requires planning throughout the game, similar to a max social link run in Persona. Getting the regular "good" version just requires you to view a series of specific plot conversations about the Akashic Records from Friday onwards: they're not too hard to get, but they do require keeping Io alive and having spoken to the Anguished One at certain points. The differences between the best and good version are pretty minor.

Well I did all that spoilered stuff. I figured it was important but never amounted to much in my run. I guess I'll just remember to do it again in future playthroughs.

Along with keeping Jungo alive. Honestly, I'm not sure how you lose anyone besides Jungo outside of intentional malice/indifference. I was afraid I had hosed up something with Io at first but the game was just trolling me.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
Saving Io does require her Fate to be above a certain level in addition to doing the relevant plot events that day, but you'd basically have to ignore her completely for the entire game up to that point in order to fail to meet that requirement.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Also did I mention how odd it is that Airi sides with Ronaldo after it was Ronaldo's thugs who murdered Jungo? Nothing about that ending makes much sense. Ronaldo was actually pretty normal in conversations with him but he loving goes crazy in the main story.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Ronaldo just casually deciding to execute Makoto if you don't stop him in time is the most absurdly weird and bullshit thing he does in the main story. It being so sudden and ridiculous is a big reason why a lot of folks hate him, really.

And also it's Makoto, who's chill and owns.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

You know, in spite of everything, I'm almost tempted to replay the first Devil Survivor. I wanna see Haru again and get an ending with her.

Although everyone raves about Amane's Ending....

What is everyone's favorite ending in the first game and why?

Sorry, I was listening to music and this song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUQh-3jwc10

Might be the best song in either game. It's so amazing. It got me in such a mood to play the first game again.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

NikkolasKing posted:

Like I said before, my favorite has to be Gin's route. I like trying to save everyone and keep em all together, and it just feels like this particular flavor of neutral ending has more impact than other SMTs instead of being a purely "kick the can" exercise in futility.

EDIT:
Question; I just found my old DS and a copy of Devil Survivor 2, but is it worth playing now or should I go and get record breaker? Y'all got me excited to try it and I'm debating how different the experience will be.

sandnavyguy fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 21, 2019

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

sandnavyguy posted:

Like I said before, my favorite has to be Gin's route. I like trying to save everyone and keep em all together, and it just feels like this particular flavor of neutral ending has more impact than other SMTs instead of being a purely "kick the can" exercise in futility.

EDIT:
Question; I just found my old DS and a copy of Devil Survivor 2, but is it worth playing now or should I go and get record breaker? Y'all got me excited to try it and I'm debating how different the experience will be.

If I ever played DeSu 1 again I'd probably go with Gin. He was a chill dude. And Haru.

As for Record Breaker, I've only played it and not the original. But I felt the voice-acting was really good and added a lot to the game. I'm not sure about other differences apart from the added Triangulum Arc which I have not played much of so I can't recommend it or not.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

NikkolasKing posted:

Gin's ending feels like the most complete of the original endings. Though all of the eighth days have something cool about them. Amane's introduces two entirely new conflicts. Yuzu's puts together the old leftover plot threads in a different way, and casts a different light on several of the NPCs. And Naoya's... has the choice at the beginning, and Yuzu gets a cool moment in either route. I'd say Warlord has plenty of advantages over Tyrant route.

As for Record Breaker, the voice acting does a lot to make Daichi more tolerable, so it has that going for it too.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

MightyPretenders posted:

Gin's ending feels like the most complete of the original endings. Though all of the eighth days have something cool about them. Amane's introduces two entirely new conflicts. Yuzu's puts together the old leftover plot threads in a different way, and casts a different light on several of the NPCs. And Naoya's... has the choice at the beginning, and Yuzu gets a cool moment in either route. I'd say Warlord has plenty of advantages over Tyrant route.

As for Record Breaker, the voice acting does a lot to make Daichi more tolerable, so it has that going for it too.

Was Tico in the original? i can't imagine the game without her or just reading her dialogue. Her dialogue relies on the delightfully spastic delivery of -speak. She's a real a testament to superb localization. (although I imagine Japan has its own Internet slang)

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Both Ticos were in the original.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

NikkolasKing posted:

I don't trust Daichi to tie his shoes much less envision a new world order.

I dunno. He seems kinda wishy-washy most of the time... but he's also the dude who was hardcore enough to help you kill the first star alien dude by crashing a goddamn truck into it and blowing it the gently caress up.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Nobody who fucks up an Eldritch horror by driving a truck at it and jumping at the last second can't be that bad. :3:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Daichi owns

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Every DeSu2 character except like Ronaldo and Keita are pretty cool and fun and I came around on Ronaldo in the triangulum arc where he's actually awesome.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Daichi rules, he just needed a confidence boost or two okay. :3:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Ronaldo did nothing wrong.

Daichi is in fact, very cool.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Ronaldo did some things wrong.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Public execution of Makoto was bad, but hey he puts Keita in a chokehold later so that's pretty good

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Daichi is fine, I just don't think inspiring leader when I think of him. I suppose that's kinda the whole thing with "Neutral" in that game; they're a ragtag bunch with leaders you don't think of as being very leaderly like Dachi and Io. Although, as I proceed through Triangulum, Io has apparently grown far more than Daichi and I can totally see her as a leader. Io is probably the best character in the game overall IMO.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Makoto is the righthand man of a suppressive regime. And she's really boring.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

suppressive regime.

This does not make sense to me

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
can't we have a suggestive regime instead

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Atlus needs to stop naming characters Makoto imo

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Arist posted:

Also is it Muh-koto? Mah-kuh-to? Was Rurouni Kenshin's dub wrong all these years?

Captain Baal posted:

This does not make sense to me

Seriously. JP's doesn't really "rule" anything The SDF handles civilians and all that junk. He might run a tright ship in his own ranks but they are a secret military organization.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arist posted:

Name more characters Makoto, imo

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Expect My Mom posted:

yamato is hot though so it is impossible to tell if he is good or bad

yamato is super obvious about being gay for the mc and everyone knows it

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
I think they meant oppressive regime? I don't remember what happened to the actual government in that game.

NikkolasKing posted:

Also is it Muh-koto? Mah-kuh-to? Was Rurouni Kenshin's dub wrong all these years?

If you remember the 'la li lu le lo' thing from metal gear, that's how the vowels always* sound. So Mah-ko-to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3rbouMIx9E

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Persona 5 R announcement in 8 hours from this post.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Persona 5 Revengeance

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

i cant wait for persona 5 racing

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
What new waifu archetype are they gonna add...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's been eight hours, where's the announcement

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
here's the announcement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygyz3Mqjh0k

Persona 5 The Royal With Cheese

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Mar 23, 2019

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Arist posted:

It's been eight hours, where's the announcement

Glah
Jun 21, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygyz3Mqjh0k
Persona 5: The Royal. Looks like FemMC, sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Nice