Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Syrinxx posted:

Whaaaaaaaat

Update they made last year or the year before I think? Pressing Recall on ARAM plays your Recall animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

This is a far lighter punishment than you lot deserve

stay your blade - aram only player does not mean aram only account. it is honourable to have most of the champions and play only aram

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Sometimes you have a moment and just know you need to clip it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/398322367

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I've been playing with a legit new player recently who's a support main and teaching her when to go in and where to ward. We got stomped a lot in normals because I'm a bad ADC.

I did placements on an alt, played about 20 games, and I'm already Gold 1

I thought people were better at this game now. Is Plat in NA the new Diamond in LAN?? The last time I played over 50 games in a season I had to have some elo boost me to gold the heck is the state of this game

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

What do I need to stop this patcher from wrecking my pc?

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Sometimes you have a moment and just know you need to clip it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/398322367

Incredible

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I just read through the latest patch notes, and I want to know if I read that part about pet damage procs properly, because it sounds like Elise and Malz just got obnoxious buffs if they build Liandry's

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Okay so this is gonna come off extremely as "mad i lost my promos" and you wouldnt be wrong but I really cannot wait until they do away with that awful game mechanic entirely. Rewarding you for climbing into another division over presumably a decent handfull of games by slamming a gate shut and making you hope 3-5 games go your way is just mindbogglingly bad design and I don't know how anyone defends it

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
It basically doesn't matter at all, just play games and don't even look at your rank

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

misguided rage posted:

It basically doesn't matter at all, just play games and don't even look at your rank

I mean yeah that is always the best advice but its also not really a defense of the mechanic, which as someone who likes nerding out about game design ive always thought was extremely weird and with all the other parts of the game they've fixed up since I started playing I'm surprised they've never even mentioned it

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Monicro posted:

I mean yeah that is always the best advice but its also not really a defense of the mechanic, which as someone who likes nerding out about game design ive always thought was extremely weird and with all the other parts of the game they've fixed up since I started playing I'm surprised they've never even mentioned it

Promotions are partly a psychological sleight of hand that's used to make the ranked climb more memorable as a personal narrative (and thus make it more compelling to play every season) and partly a way of delineating the divisions to give them genuine meaning instead of someone constantly ping-ponging between Silver I and Gold IV from game-to-game.

It's easy to miss, but good game design is more than simply asking if the mechanics "make sense." Think back to Dark Souls 1: dropping souls on death is largely pointless from an objective viewpoint (the lion's share of your souls are obtained via boss souls that you can crush at a bonfire, souls generally buy you only miniscule increases in effectiveness unless you're aiming for an equipment requirement, etc.), but from the subjective viewpoint of the player, it creates an enormous amount of tension for their first playthrough when they value each and every soul like they're solid gold. A good game, like all good art, uses the elements of its medium to heighten emotions and elicit a desired response from its audience.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I didnt read any of the patch notes and 15 minutes into my first game of promos on Ezreal I didnt understand why I couldnt buy a second tear. :doh:

I went Manamune / Trinity Force / Maw of Malmortius cause they were heavy AP, but what should I be angling for now that double tear is gone?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I just recently started getting back into league, and holy poo poo things are different since season 4

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

TheTofuShop posted:

I didnt read any of the patch notes and 15 minutes into my first game of promos on Ezreal I didnt understand why I couldnt buy a second tear. :doh:

I went Manamune / Trinity Force / Maw of Malmortius cause they were heavy AP, but what should I be angling for now that double tear is gone?

Ez's standard build before double tear was Triforce/Manamune/BotRK, though once you have those first 2 you're basically free to do whatever.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Got my Gold yesterday! :toot: It feels good to hit that benchmark in March instead of scrambling for it in October. I actually like the incentive of split points so it felt meaningful to play in the earlier part of the year.

Promos are still incredibly stupid, I haven't won one a promo series on the first attempt in years. This time I ended up with AFK's in two of the games and we got shitstomped in a third, with only a single win. I rolled my eyes and kept playing, got back into series in two more wins, lost one to a severely tiled Kai'sa/Eve combo, and then won the next two for the victory.

My last game I was supporting a Draven with Neeko, I got him a bunch of lane kills and even though the scoreline was fairly even botlane was so far ahead it became a joke. I got him a Pentakill in the bot enemy jungle and they surrendered in disgrace before we'd even broken their base. Felt good.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Foehammer007 posted:

I just recently started getting back into league, and holy poo poo things are different since season 4

it is more or less a different game, with the exception of lee sin who remains the same.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

pog boyfriend posted:

it is more or less a different game, with the exception of lee sin who remains the same.

Taking lee's green smite away was one of the funniest indrect owns on a champion I can recall and I wish it had actually dumpstered him for a while like i was hoping

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Monicro posted:

Taking lee's green smite away was one of the funniest indrect owns on a champion I can recall and I wish it had actually dumpstered him for a while like i was hoping

Why did they get rid of green smite? It was really useful

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The Door Frame posted:

Why did they get rid of green smite? It was really useful

No-one took it in soloq except Lee mains and half the time not even then and it was making pro games overly safe to the point of tedium. There was a brief idea of replacing it with something that provided control wards with charges gained from clearing camps similar to Hunter's Potion but that didn't last long.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 22, 2019

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Bring back purple and green smitems imo

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I think it would be cool to bring back green smite but have the wards last like, 30-60 seconds, so that Lee players can have fun wardhopping around the map and his entire identity isn’t just really high numbers on his QRQ combo

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Purple smite was the legit the only time in this game's history I have ever been able to jungle for poo poo because it would remind me to go farm when nothing's happening instead of awkwardly milling around in the river

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

How come low elo players are so toxic? I made a new account and I'm getting called so many rude names, while also getting my rear end kicked somehow.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The whole game is toxic, it’s been like that from the start cause competitive online team games are poo poo. It goes all the way to the pros. It’s just a microcosm of the internet as a whole.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'd wager that the MMR where new accounts get initially placed is especially bad, because of all the newly-banned assholes making smurfs

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

That makes sense.

And i don'T feel thé whole game is toxic, i Often have games were everbody is jolly and happy and Fun. I only play Aram, though.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

uguu posted:

How come low elo players are so toxic? I made a new account and I'm getting called so many rude names, while also getting my rear end kicked somehow.

another aspect is that at lower elos people are toxic because it negatively affects your games when you are toxic. morale is an important factor in your likelihood to win, being toxic lowers morale, it all fans out. but, being bad is also more likely to result in you being toxic. when you are bad, you do not understand how to control the game, which can make the game seem more frustrating as more things are out of your grasp.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
toxicity has been on a pretty steady decline for years. its an online game so its always going to be a billion times worse than real life or whatever activity people are comparing it to, but man has it gotten better

the other day i saw someone apologize for saying a mean thing and then they didnt say any more mean things. what the gently caress.

pog boyfriend posted:

another aspect is that at lower elos people are toxic because it negatively affects your games when you are toxic. morale is an important factor in your likelihood to win, being toxic lowers morale, it all fans out. but, being bad is also more likely to result in you being toxic. when you are bad, you do not understand how to control the game, which can make the game seem more frustrating as more things are out of your grasp.

the fun corollary to this is that the people that you run into - assuming you're in a well match-made game - that are the most toxic are generally also going to be the better players (as decision makers/mechanically/etc), because they're constantly sabotaging their success with their attitude

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 23, 2019

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

mistaya posted:

Got my Gold yesterday! :toot: It feels good to hit that benchmark in March instead of scrambling for it in October. I actually like the incentive of split points so it felt meaningful to play in the earlier part of the year.
Promos are still incredibly stupid, I haven't won one a promo series on the first attempt in years. This time I ended up with AFK's in two of the games and we got shitstomped in a third, with only a single win. I rolled my eyes and kept playing, got back into series in two more wins, lost one to a severely tiled Kai'sa/Eve combo, and then won the next two for the victory.

Good job, ya promos are such a bad idea imo. They should just promote you after you hit a certain mmr because if you get autofilled doesn't matter if you are smurfing or what you can randomly lose. I've even seen pros get stuck in random plat promos and just delete that account because it ruined their winrate.

I just played a bunch of ranked today, Sylas is still op imo and wins pretty much every lane imo except Yasuo/Cassio/Ryze mid.

Also Reksai is loving busted jesus christ, like the buff they gave to her seemed negligible but legit every game vs her she snowballed hard and became unkillable assassin bruiser hybrid. She can gank lvl2 from insane angles, has good dmg early and late with this ult. Ult is undodgeable. I actually think they should make the ult dodgeable but it should still do half dmg like old ww ult. Her clear, pathing options, ganking everything is good. Her teamfighting is meh because she can only knockup but her new ult she actually has decent survivability in teamfights late game especially with people rushing GA 2nd 3rd.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

pog boyfriend posted:

stay your blade - aram only player does not mean aram only account. it is honourable to have most of the champions and play only aram
Oh yeah I guess I should have clarified I am not one of those lovely aram accounts, I have been playing since 2012 and have literally every champion and still 130k blue shard things. I'd be a nexus blitz-only player but they took it away :mad:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Anyone else tried Blitz app? It's nice to actually have some guidance about your opponents and teammates. Unfortunately it's making me hate said teammates more than usual because of all my games being tagged "MVP but your teammates cost you the game lol" :mad:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea it’s real good cause it’ll just pick your runes for you cause I don’t give a gently caress about trying to keep up with them even if it is a lot easier than the old runes.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
It rules, and their item builds are so much more useful than the default ones and not high effort like making custom sets for everyone

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Something from a Sion game of mine, a short clip I named Ambushing a Pushing.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/400352366

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
funny clip but boy nameless league looks disgusting to me

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Now that Kog/Lulu is back in the meta, where's my dog walker lulu skin

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Smol posted:

Now that Kog/Lulu is back in the meta, where's my dog walker lulu skin

It's canonical that Annie is Dog'maw's owner.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

no one can own kog'maw, he will never be owned

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Verviticus posted:

funny clip but boy nameless league looks disgusting to me

It reduces visual clutter AND makes CC text more immediately obvious when it pops up. The wise man's setting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WsKinSzzbw

What does she mean 'really?'

She just stood there and let me kill her. She knew I was in the bush.