Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
For the next time Revan comes around, what old republic toons should I be working on? I have Bastila seven starred, but nobody else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Moral_Hazard posted:

For the next time Revan comes around, what old republic toons should I be working on? I have Bastila seven starred, but nobody else.

Here's a handy updated cheat sheet.

Sauce
Jul 5, 2010
Me too and I believe it's Bastilla Shan, Zaalbar, Jolee Bindo, T34 and Mission Vao

2 cantinas a light and dark and a fleet.

*edit beaten with style

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

We should probably put that in the OP. It comes up from time to time.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

thrawn527 posted:

Here's a handy updated cheat sheet.

This is so awesome; thank you. :tipshat:

Guess LS Revan is going to be a bit easier of a farm since there's two Cantina nodes and I'm most of the way there on Jolee.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Moral_Hazard posted:

Worth noting that they don’t need much gear though; Bastila and Jolee are worth gearing because they’re part of the core Revan team, and Mission and Zalbaar are great characters for TW/TB/GA stuff, but for getting Revan, G8 is plenty.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Moral_Hazard posted:

Every once in a while, Reddit is useful. This is the one time for the year, so we're good for a while.

Kidding aside, the subreddit for Galaxy of Heroes is a pretty good source of info, and has some devs respond every so often, so it's worth checking out occasionally.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

for any of the "should i restart or just play my old account" people i just want you all to know i got number one in arena yesterday after making a brand new account instead of trying to salvage my old one

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.

Moral_Hazard posted:

Guess LS Revan is going to be a bit easier of a farm since there's two Cantina nodes and I'm most of the way there on Jolee.

Note you can unlock Chewie with IG88 and Cad but you'll have a bad time the whole way. Like me.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Cad is great, you want him for the Nest bounty.

I did Chewie with Bossk, Boba, Cad, Greedo and Dengar no problem

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Ineptitude posted:

Cad is great, you want him for the Nest bounty.

I did Chewie with Bossk, Boba, Cad, Greedo and Dengar no problem

Dengar is really the critical one, to get around R2's smoke screen. Bossk and Boba are required for sure, and Cad helps a lot with the stun/buff cleanse. Greedo is a gamble; he either dies immediately, gets off 1 shot and then dies, or goes on an 8-shot critical streak and takes down one of the rebels.

Finally in a position where I'm afraid I might spend actual money on this stupid loving game. But DR is undoubtedly going to be the new meta for a while, and if you can get a decent rank in Arena, the crystals really do come pouring in.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

Note you can unlock Chewie with IG88 and Cad but you'll have a bad time the whole way. Like me.

Cad owns and you need his boat for MF anyway so he's fine. He's just not in the "ideal BH TW defense" which is like... pfff whatever.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
the two big ones you want for chewie are zbossk lead and dengar. the rest are interchangeable

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

IG88 is actually pretty bad in that event since he has such a low health pool and his AOE will trigger all kinds of nasty counter attacks. Boba, Jango, Greedo, Cad, Embo, and Zam are all better.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
IG-88 is an Assassin Droid made of wet paper. Zam blows poo poo up every time you pull that trigger. It's not even a contest.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't gear either, honestly. The non-seppie droid meta is dead and Zam's only use is being a BH not on the good TW BH team.

Bossk/Boba/Jango/Embo/Dengar/Cad Bane are all I'd bother gearing right now.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Counter point: she's fun, this is a videogame

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
There are lots of fun bounty hunters.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Like, yeah, optimal choices, sure I get that. But on the other hand I grin like an idiot every time I explode a stack of dets with her chaining into another free turn.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

(she's mostly just filling a slot till Bossk fills my dreams)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i barely have any BH but after i unlocked the Bossk node i double refreshed him until i started on the other BH ships to try and get the falcon, and Bossk is so incredibly dumb i love him so much.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Bossk/Boba/Jango/Embo/Dengar/Cad Bane are all I'd bother gearing right now.

And Aurra! (For Nest bounty)

Disregard if you have Nest at 7*

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

And Aurra! (For Nest bounty)

Disregard if you have Nest at 7*

I did that with bossk/boba/dengar/cad/embo

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I thought Jango was a must, for the max hp down.
I have no chance without Jango, and he is just G10 and 6*

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
All ya need is stuns

Cad's got it

All ya need is stuns

Deng's got it

All ya need is stuns

ya

stuns'r'all ya need

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I don't know what happened, but this thread came to life all of a sudden. Keep it up!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Just started the game, having fun so far. Just eclipsed level 30 I think. Started with the following pulled light heroes:
-Chewie
-Luke Skywalker (Farmboy)
-Jedi Consulate
-Stormtrooper Han
-Clone Sergeant

Then on dark I got
-Talia
-Royal Guard
-Snowtrooper

I wish I had known about this thread a while back but I'm already balls deep so I'm just gonna crank it out. Already finished all the cantina battles I can do until I level up to 50 or whatever and other than that I've just been grinding quests

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure you can get level 30 in less than a week.

Hit the OP and figure out what your priorities should be.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
On the other hand, lvl 30 is small enough that he should be fine following our advice from this point forward.

To that end, hop in discord my dude. There are several of us who are awake and discording about swgoh minutiae 24/7

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

And we'll get you into QGJ so you can start generating guild currency and getting gear from raids!

Be sure to buy one chromium pack because you get a guaranteed character on your first pull. You can get some loving awesome characters in there. Someone in the guild pulled a Baze. It's enough that if you get a bad one, I'd possibly restart.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

fishtobaskets posted:

To that end, hop in discord my dude. There are several of us who are awake and discording about swgoh minutiae 24/7

Would gladly join if there was a link in the OP or something. I went back about 10 pages and only found people saying "join the discord" but no way to actually do so, so I'm not sure how to get a link

barnold fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 24, 2019

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Would gladly join if there was a link in the OP or something. I went back about 10 pages and only found people saying "join the discord" but no way to actually do so, so I'm not sure how to get a link

Go to the Google Spreadsheet in the OP. Follow the links and you'll find it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I just finished getting Jango to 7* my current BH team is Bossk 7* G12 (Lead), Boba 7* G12, Dengar 7* G11, Jango 7* G11 and either Greedo/IG-88/Zam at 7*.

Should I pick up Embo as my 5th? I haven't started him hardly at all yet.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Popete posted:

I just finished getting Jango to 7* my current BH team is Bossk 7* G12 (Lead), Boba 7* G12, Dengar 7* G11, Jango 7* G11 and either Greedo/IG-88/Zam at 7*.

I would move to another hard farm that you need before doing Embo. He seems good, but you'll make it through the Chewie event with the others.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
IG-88 is OK to gear if not just for its ship for the og millennium falcon event

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

zEmbo is the perfect 5th for that line-up because he's immune to crits and regens protection.

But he's a long farm and Zam is probably fine for now.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

So since I've maxed out all the characters in the Squad Arena Store...what the hell am I supposed to do with these tokens? I've maxed out all my capital ships with the Prestige tokens, and have more credits than I know what to do with. Just horde the Squad Arena Tokens in the hope they eventually add some new characters to the store? Or horde the Prestige tokens in the hope they add another capital ship?

Same question for the Cantina Battles Store, though I have one more character to max out there (Mob Enforcer, because why the gently caress not).

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
It takes roughly 2k prestige to finish a new ship so that's what I'm doing.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Crumbletron posted:

It takes roughly 2k prestige to finish a new ship so that's what I'm doing.

*cracks knuckles* Alright, let's do this thing.

I do wish they'd add new characters to these shops, though. What was the last time they did? Phoenix Squad?

edit: Oh hey, happy SA Anniversary to me, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
They've stated they don't really want to update the old shops because they end up filling different roles later. Arena is for prestige, and GW and cantina are for shard shop currency, which is more gear.