Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1109564229542166528

https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1109564330494836736

Probably amounts to nowt because she continues to stubbornly ignore reality and would probably soldier on even with 11 resignations from Cabinet, and the only way to actually force her out is a Vote of Confidence in the Commons leading to a General Election they really don't want.

Found her resignation letter:

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

BioMe posted:

What happens when it comes down to bribing hobos off the street once there's no one else left willing to be a minister?

if no one's willing to serve in the government but there's still not a majority for no confidence then the uk would just be straight up a failed state fit only for un intervention and forced regime change

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i know england isnt france but havent they had some prior experience with angry mobs storming the palace and gently encouraging the head of government to resign

there has to be some 500 year old precedent like the one that was cited last week

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Hexyflexy posted:

Found her resignation letter:

:drat:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Kurtofan posted:

when will america intervene

Oh yeah baby Elliot Abrams is starting to get some Grave Humanitarian Concerns about the lack of paramilitaries and all the un-bombed square miles in that country

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
It's cool that this is the exact reason to have a no confidence vote but they can't do that because they're scared of losing an election so they gotta whine at her to quit lmao

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

when will america intervene

The UK has oil?!

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

AnoHito posted:

The UK has oil?!

yeah in the North sea, it's not exactly a secret.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

JFairfax posted:

yeah in the North sea, it's not exactly a secret.

that’ll just be Scotland though shortly

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the ministers that are rebelling are the ones that want no deal on the 29th right?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

hobbesmaster posted:

the ministers that are rebelling are the ones that want no deal on the 29th right?

yes, but the rebellion is just them texting theresa mays husband

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

My life is so successful
I've got everything a man could ever need.
Got a thousand-dollar haircut
And I even have a talkshow on TV.
And I know I should be happy, but instead
There's a question I can't get out of my head.

What's the meaning of Brexit?
It's killing me that no one knows
Why it was chosen 33 months ago.

Why did they do the Brexit?
Why would they raise the stakes so high
Completely without knowing where
We'd be today?

When I make my jalapeños
Calamari and prosciutto
I'm the king!
My wife applaud(s) me in the kitchen
When I tell her all I bought is from the local store
(And) When the kids have gone to bed, we're all alone
She gives me a smile
Then she plays with my balls

(But?) All I think of is Brexit
I think about it when I dream
The biggest poo poo that I have ever seen

What's the purpose of Brexit?
A giant banker give away
Or a plot to bring back the IRA?

Brexit! Brexit! Lots of chuds in a row!
They were 25 stone each chud, my friend
But amazingly they got them all to vote in the end
And they moved it (Brexit!)
And they dragged it (Brexit!)
And they approved it 52 to 48! - Heeey (52 to 48!)

What's the deal with Brexit? (Oh, what's the deal, what's the deal, what's the deal)
You should have left a tiny hint
When you voted for this loving pile of poo poo! (Who the... )
Who the gently caress does a Brexit? (gently caress does a Brexit?)

Two Tory guys wondering what to do
Who just said: "Dude, let's gently caress a pig or two!"

I would give anything to know
About the Brexit
Yeah, I would give all I have to give
Would you give them your car?
(Mmm) Are you kidding me, of course I would have given the car
What car do you drive?
Drive a Civic, drive a Civic. Drive a Civic!
Not from the UK!
Never mind the car, let's talk about the poo poo
What poo poo is that again?
It's the Brexit, it's the Brexit!
God, it is the greatest poo poo of all!

What's the meaning of Brexit?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

sorry, I've been distracted by American politics for the past couple days. Is it looking like May is going to be able to get her deal through Parliament now with the delay?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

oh no, let's get as low as the floor goes

May resigns, by force, and Boris Johnson gets in. he submits a deal and it's ten times worse and May is lauded as a second Thatcher for holding her ground in the face of Parliament

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Gripweed posted:

sorry, I've been distracted by American politics for the past couple days. Is it looking like May is going to be able to get her deal through Parliament now with the delay?

no and there's not really any reason to think she'll be allowed to try

Victory Position posted:

oh no, let's get as low as the floor goes

May resigns, by force, and Boris Johnson gets in. he submits a deal and it's ten times worse and May is lauded as a second Thatcher for holding her ground in the face of Parliament

they don't have any force they're just texting her husband and calling it a coup. there's no other deal, it's this or nothing. this is bad for brexit.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Spangly A posted:

no and there's not really any reason to think she'll be allowed to try

Oh well, at least the delay means that everybody gets another week or so where they don't have to think about Brexit

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Squizzle posted:

what is brexit

what does it mean

brexit mean brek poo poo

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

that’ll just be Scotland though shortly

Scotland gonna get the Panama treatment

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Squalid posted:

And England is going to get ignored like the countries next to Panama

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Squalid posted:

Great Scotland Canal opens only to be immediately rendered un-navigable by thousands of tons of discarded buckfast bottles

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just saw The Favourite and lol it's just such a perfect film for the UK right now

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Attorney at Funk posted:

if no one's willing to serve in the government but there's still not a majority for no confidence then the uk would just be straight up a failed state fit only for un intervention and forced regime change

*US invades Scotland instead because oil*

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Lord of Pie posted:

*US invades Scotland instead because oil*

I'm sure we can achieve a diplomatic solution revolving around our shared love of deep frying

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/thesundaysport/status/1109186772192411649

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Shear Modulus posted:

i know england isnt france but havent they had some prior experience with angry mobs storming the palace and gently encouraging the head of government to resign

there has to be some 500 year old precedent like the one that was cited last week

how about just cutting their heads off and giving the commonwealth a second go

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

HerraS posted:

how about just cutting their heads off and giving the commonwealth a second go

Hey, 400 yo precedent!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

This is all gonna make one he'll of a horrible histories episode

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1109564229542166528

https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1109564330494836736

Probably amounts to nowt because she continues to stubbornly ignore reality and would probably soldier on even with 11 resignations from Cabinet, and the only way to actually force her out is a Vote of Confidence in the Commons leading to a General Election they really don't want.

why would they want her gone now, wouldn't it be better for them to be doing this after brexit so they could pin all the blame on her

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

If you want no deal to happen and want May to take all the blame, the best thing to do would be to launch a half-assed coup so everyone knows you were very serious about trying to do something.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Goon Danton posted:

If you want no deal to happen and want May to take all the blame, the best thing to do would be to launch a half-assed coup so everyone knows you were very serious about trying to do something.

in that case it's be hilarious if she actually did resign then

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

So on the one hand May gets to be the new Neville Chamberlain, deposed because all parties are tired of his poo poo

and then bojo tries to get the CHUDs to revolt because their party will be annihilated in a election

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

i don't think there's actually any mechanism left for the tories to get rid of May, they're only allowed one failed confidence vote in the party leader per year and they blew their shot

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Goon Danton posted:

jesus christ this is actually what's happening isn't it

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Fallen Hamprince posted:

i don't think there's actually any mechanism left for the tories to get rid of May, they're only allowed one failed confidence vote in the party leader per year and they blew their shot

No formal mechanism. Her biggest detractors are apparently considering holding a formally non-binding confidence vote, though, which would be hilarious when she ignores it.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Is the Tory conference vote bindingly whippable if a parliamentary confidence vote (or a motion calling for one) comes up? And can the party enforce even three-line whipping on it, given its failure to do so a few days ago?

Plausible deniability is of course the plausible explanation, but.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
it's time for regime change in the UK

Theresa May must go

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Good lord

Side note: if you or someone you know is an attractive woman between 20-30 I will entertain offers of marriage to escape the increasingly sarcastically named UK

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Mandoric posted:

Is the Tory conference vote bindingly whippable if a parliamentary confidence vote (or a motion calling for one) comes up? And can the party enforce even three-line whipping on it, given its failure to do so a few days ago?

Plausible deniability is of course the plausible explanation, but.

Well she can try to whip for whatever she wants but yeah cabinet ministers are defying three line whips and the chief of staff is telling them it's nbd so good luck to her on that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

all this just to pretend England still wants Northern Ireland lmao

Prime Minister Nearly a Century Ago: Bloody hell! This is getting frustrating with these terrorist attacks! I'd do ANYTHING to keep our hands on that island in any way!

The monkey's paw curls.