Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

so, this is the second time i've seen "wow sorry, I'd love to answer but you're out of time"

how the gently caress is that a possible response when you're testifying in front of congress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

so, this is the second time i've seen "wow sorry, I'd love to answer but you're out of time"

how the gently caress is that a possible response when you're testifying in front of congress?

Because they're morons.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Our elected officials are corrupt spineless goo

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
At least it's not literally a copy. I was full :stare: for a moment.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Godholio posted:

At least it's not literally a copy. I was full :stare: for a moment.

Videogames were a mistake.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Phone posting so I can’t zoom in on this very well but I’m willing to put my 15 year old Steam account on the line so I can send messages to this individual promising them all kinds of permanent harm.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Phone posting so I can’t zoom in on this very well but I’m willing to put my 15 year old Steam account on the line so I can send messages to this individual promising them all kinds of permanent harm.

It's not an individual. It's a spike in purchases of that gun skin after the mosque massacre.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

It's not an individual. It's a spike in purchases of that gun skin after the mosque massacre.

Yeah the skin existed for years, and was worth fairly little, until yesterday when a weapon that looked like it was used to kill 50 people in their house of worship.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah the skin existed for years, and was worth fairly little, until yesterday when a weapon that looked like it was used to kill 50 people in their house of worship.

:capitalism:

People are gross

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Seems like a great honeypot then; buy the skin and get your account banned. gently caress the edgelords and people who want to role play as a Nazi terrorist.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
https://twitter.com/DannyDutch/status/1107573070489964544

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

No, the M4A1-S just received a buff (25 rounds from 20) while the AUG got nerfed (was $3150, now $3300. It has better armor/wall penetration and was only $50 more than either M4). It's just a reaction to a patch rebalancing the game for competitive play because the gun is viable again.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

wow, thats quite a fuckin rebalance for CS

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

No, the M4A1-S just received a buff (25 rounds from 20) while the AUG got nerfed (was $3150, now $3300. It has better armor/wall penetration and was only $50 more than either M4). It's just a reaction to a patch rebalancing the game for competitive play because the gun is viable again.

Right, and that's why that particular skin suddenly became so popular again right after the Christchurch shooting

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
They had recently buffed the AUG by making it cheaper at $3150. The last major tournament in Katowice was worth $500,000 for first place and this buff completely changed the meta to make the M4 and M4A1-S basically obsolete because they only cost $3100. The AUG is a significantly better weapon in the game so you basically saw teams completely switching from M4's (rare M4A1-S use due to a 20 vs. 30 round magazine difference) to all AUG's at the last tournament. Valve noticed this and repatched the game by making the AUG $3300 and buffing the M4A1-S to 25 rounds, bridging the gap between it and the M4.

Now the M4A1-S isn't a gimped weapon and completely viable. I know this a bunch of esports blah blah poo poo but that change in cost and magazine size are why you see the skin going from...$0.80 cents to $1.40. The strength of each team is based on an economy that determines a teams firepower. The patch for this was on 3/13...hence why you see a spike in people buying skins for a gun they would never use otherwise on that exact day. This was 2 days before the Christchurch shooting.

https://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2019/03/23488/

replying to the guy below me, if you look at other skins for that gun in the < $2.00 price range this one is easily the most unique and cool looking. A lot of skins in that game sell for hundreds of dollars and the game is centered around competitive play with monthly $500k prize money (or more) tournaments. People imitate what the pros do and it's gone from no one using that gun to basically everyone using it. I have this exact skin because I sold a different one for ~$80 - the regular M4 was significantly better so I had no reason to keep a pricey skin for something I'd never use. You should see a rise in cost across the board for all M4A1-S skins now that the gun isn't rear end.

Calvin Johnson Jr. fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 22, 2019

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I know you were making a valid point, but you lost me at "hence why", my man

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the initial spike was the changes to the game and then the second spike was the shooting.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Or literally every single other M4A1-S skin is also going up in price as well while every single AUG skin is going down...

https://csgo.steamanalyst.com/model/AUG/

Calvin Johnson Jr. fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 22, 2019

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Or literally every single other M4A1-S skin is also going up in price as well while every single AUG skin is going down...

I'm not going to dispute that there are other factors at work here and there was coincidental timing going on, but you're also not going to be able to convince us that this is 100% innocent, absolutely nothing to do with the Christchurch shooting.

There's a lot of overlap on the Venn diagram between gamers and chuds.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Has anybody stopped to consider that maybe he did this because of the price change to the AUG? Like, maybe while NZ is blocking 4chan they’re completely missing the real culprit, which is CS and it’s promotion of violence by terrorists using semi-automatic weapons.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
What we really need is a CS economist to set this all straight

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Not disagreeing with that re: gamers, but you can look at the metrics and every other skin is doing the same thing and this one isn't going up in price as much as the other skins are. It just looks that way because the % difference between $0.80 and $1.45 is going to look like a bigger spike than the skins worth actual $$$.

You guys are going to believe whatever you want to believe and 100% can see why you'd make that conclusion but it looks way different from an inside perspective. I won't make any more comments because it's just spamming the thread at this point.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Not disagreeing with that re: gamers, but you can look at the metrics and every other skin is doing the same thing and this one isn't going up in price as much as the other skins are. It just looks that way because the % difference between $0.80 and $1.45 is going to look like a bigger spike than the skins worth actual $$$.

You guys are going to believe whatever you want to believe and 100% can see why you'd make that conclusion but it looks way different from an inside perspective. I won't make any more comments because it's just spamming the thread at this point.

Oh gently caress off, if you spend five minutes loving around on the market and looking at various M4A1-S and AUG skins, there are a few that jump around in price but none have been anywhere near as dramatic as the Flashback skin, and almost none of the other M4A1-S skins spiked violently at the time of the mosque shootings.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
The spike happened the day of the patch...the 13th (you know, BEFORE the shooting)...and then continued as expected. I've posted enough about this. You're being willfully ignorant at this point, have fun with that. I literally linked to the stats showing EVERY AUG skin going down and you can also look at EVERY M4A1-S skin going up. This is such a silly argument to make. Oh, a buffed gun with a skin goes up $0.60 cents? Oh, the humanity.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Oh gently caress off, if you spend five minutes loving around on the market and looking at various M4A1-S and AUG skins, there are a few that jump around in price but none have been anywhere near as dramatic as the Flashback skin, and almost none of the other M4A1-S skins spiked violently at the time of the mosque shootings.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
The other skins aren't less than $2. It's a peace sign and a "make love not war" reference to Full Metal Jacket. A "spike" is relative. You can't read a graph. Of course a $0.60 increase is going to look bigger on a gun worth $1.40 than a skin already worth $200 that goes up $30 immediately.

Every AUG skin is going down because people are trying to buy M4A1-S stat-tracked skins after those sell off at a loss. You're literally arguing that a peace sign, "5.56," and "make love not war" are references to a massacre because the paint is white.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Oh gently caress off, if you spend five minutes gently caressing around on the market and looking at various M4A1-S and AUG skins, there are a few that jump around in price but none have been anywhere near as dramatic as the Flashback skin, and almost none of the other M4A1-S skins spiked violently at the time of the mosque shootings.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Okay yeah at this point all I can add is "death to all gamers" because holy gently caress

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Change thread title to gip gamerz thread.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
There were two clear spikes in the price of that skin. Stop being obtuse.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Calm down, Andy Dufresne.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
There are good weapon skins on both sides

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Actually it's about ethics in video game skin marketplaces

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

They should just release a mosque shooter skin that gives you terminal cancer IRL.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
https://youtu.be/Q4PC8Luqiws

I bet you need the joke explained slowly in that video too you dimwit.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

new donoteat is up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX-r5ulpoQQ

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Saw the premiere. That prison in the screencap? Nicer and arguably more humane than modern prisons. It was a requirement that prisoners in solitary receive quality human contact every day from a guard at minimum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

oh my god the original design of the skin is obviously a peace sign/vietnam war/protest stuff but its spike in popularity is because it has lots of writing on it that on the surface level resembles the NZ shooter's writing on his gun.