Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

2nd generation are basically boomers given everything and then ruining everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Who What Now posted:

It's the latter. Keys amplify your power. The original Demiurges all came to Throne without them, and forged the keys after conquering the city, IIRC. All the second-generation Demiurges obtained keys after Throne was connected to the 777,777 universes

I thought those were from Zoss splitting his power with them, since it took Metatron's help to forge the key.

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
zoss didnt exactly need metatron's help, just his lunch money

the other demiurges who original rode the aether to find zoss were given keys after but you dont need a key to do that or be royalty or probably enough manifest crown stuff

i think crowns might just be a fuckin bedrock concept of the universe

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ChaseSP posted:

2nd generation are basically boomers given everything and then ruining everything.

:hmmyes:

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
the lords of the 7-part world are, presumably, the millenial sociopaths who will find their way to rule in the bloodshed after our governments panic and commit suicide

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Tech, Jobs, Number, Culture, Needle, Debate, Rights. The seven syllables of FREEDOM

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

SardonicTyrant posted:

Tech, Jobs, Number, Culture, Needle, Debate, Rights. The seven syllables of FREEDOM

Alison is here to disrupt the traditional power paradigms by introducing royalty-on-demand. You don't need a Conquering King ALL the time, so with this innovative new model we're introducing gig-based Royalty who just shows up long enough to really break poo poo in your locale, and then immediately returns to their room in an apartment shared with 4 other people to try to figure out what the gently caress they're doing with their lives.

Download the app!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Royalty is a continuous freelancing motion.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Look, you just show up one day, explain to the locals that you're god, dictate some moral principles they're obligated to obey, and then sic your devil compliance auditors on them roughly a decade later.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

SardonicTyrant posted:

I only need one syllable though: JEB!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Is that loving incubus in the back

It's me. The clueless idiot who said, "who's that little girl hovering back there?"

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013
Do you think Maya's just getting hammered and telling this story to a scared and confused hot dog vendor

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Magnus Manfist posted:

Do you think Maya's just getting hammered and telling this story to a scared and confused hot dog vendor

nah, she's telling it to a bartender who is doing the multiverse's best job of not-listening-while-appearing-to-listen

it's a secret martial art known only to bartenders, fyi

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I just woke up from a nap full of revelatory thoughts and theories about this page and the nature of Maya and Incubus' relationship.

Baby Incubus isn't in the yellow city. Baby Incubus is in Maya's memory of the yellow city and specifically her recollection of (jealous?) ambition and pride that made her feel the way she does.

Maya's Ambition nee Incubus will drive her to greatness, demiurgery, conquering 10k words in the middle army, etc.

At some point before the Final 7, Maya goes slightly Royal and decided "Eh gently caress this whole business, Meti was right, I'm an idiot, I'm out" and somehow manifests Incubus out of her mind, giving him the Key, and peaces out.

This is why there other demiurges poo poo on him, this is why he tries to recapture that lightning in a jar via all his burnt out addicts in The Pit, this is why he's so decrepit, this is why Maya is in the prophecy picture and keeps asking Allison about death. Incubus was born of want but not Want.

tldr Incubus is a living meme nurtured and given form by Yung Demiurge Maya and his appearance in this page is metaphorical and not physical.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

How about Incubus stalked Maya and swiped her key? Does that square with what Jadis said?

I am seeing him winding up with the Key of Kings by the end and Maya and Allison will have to team up with the power of Want and Friendship

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

Archenteron posted:

tldr Incubus is a living meme nurtured and given form by Yung Demiurge Maya and his appearance in this page is metaphorical and not physical.

This is interesting. The text box could easily belong to Maya or Incubus or both at once.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Magnus Manfist posted:

"Ma'am, this is a drive-thru".

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

No page tommorow :(

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

What is the Pit exactly? Is it the remains of the Yellow City?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

SardonicTyrant posted:

What is the Pit exactly? Is it the remains of the Yellow City?

Probably not, it's likely his spire seen on this map:

We don't really know where the remains of the Yellow City, the moon, and the other orbiting cities ended up, at least not based on any map we've yet seen.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I wonder if Ogam's mistake (bottom of above pic) will ever play a part in the story

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
i hope that some details like that just kinda never have an actual explanation, although ive no real attachment to this one specifically per se

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Ogam is just the dude who made the first map of Throne and he accidentally poked a hole in his map. It's a dumb running joke all the cartographers keep going for shits and giggles.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I don't know what makes you think cartography in this setting isn't an incredibly dangerous lost art that can literally remake reality.

:borges:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

YaketySass posted:

I don't know what makes you think cartography in this setting isn't an incredibly dangerous lost art that can literally remake reality.

That is literally the basis of the game Path of Exile's endgame content

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

YaketySass posted:

Imagine Cio's cartography. Sexier! Blastier!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's basically the same story everything else in this universe

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Mar 24, 2019

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also I want a side story set in the rumoured small undercity that clings to the underside of Throne.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

has Operant named it yet; if not he should call it the Sub-Urb

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MikeJF posted:

Also I want a side story set in the rumoured small undercity that clings to the underside of Throne.

Ah. The dreaded sewer level in every video game.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

YaketySass posted:

Borges was p fuckin' royal.

Grand Prize Winner posted:

:hmmyes:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

YaketySass posted:

Getting really Cités Obscures there.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

MikeJF posted:

It's basically the same story everything else in this universe

YISUN TELLS ME I CAN KISS MY SUSTAINERS AT WORK, BUT NO OPEN MOUTH. I PUNCH THE DISC SO HARD THE SUN DEACTIVATES

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
If Geese Howard ever made it to Throne (and why not, he's Geese) his Throne name should be Pree Dictabo

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Phy posted:

If Geese Howard ever made it to Throne (and why not, he's Geese) his Throne name should be Pree Dictabo

I don't think Ma Hans would appreciate Geese staining his hands with her brassiere.

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
geese would be a preem wouldnt he

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Grand Prize Winner posted:

:vince:

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
if you want justice, god is dead

we're gonna have to do it ourselves instead

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
consider: kanye west absolutely seeks royalty, and can never achieve it without giving it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
10 figure out what the gently caress it is you want
20 do whatever the gently caress it is you want
30 goto 10

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)