Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

— no season pass is underwhelming
— nearly mandatory exploration might put some off
— i shouldnt have to “git gud” to progress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

American McGay posted:

There's like 50 unique bosses in this. Every time I beat one and turn the corner there's another. I'm drowning in prayer beads.

Me too except for the beating one part. I have 3 necklaces and could probably have like 5 right now if I could kill everything i've found lol. This is a godlike game and quickly shaping up to be my favorite thing from FROM -- I get the vibes I'm around the halfway point but it's hard to tell.

Oh btw some optional bosses give extremely good unique rewards besides beads. Like you can get the blood bullets function from bloodborne that lets you trade health for more spirit emblems when you're out

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Beat the bull and now there’s like 4 different pathways I can take. Goddamn

That's where it really opens up, there may be more than 4 honestly

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

After a rough beginning at the hirata estates dying about 25 times before killing the spear guy i went back to the castle and i took down the ogre after a handful of tries and the horse boss on my first try without going down. Feeling like im starting to get the hang of it but i bet in no time at all the gsme will make me feel like ots my first time holding a video game controller again

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Idk if it was a bug or what but earlier i accidentally let go of lb and he continued to block the rest of a string of attacks

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I beat horse man on my second try, the eavesdrop mechanic is cool since I learned that gunpowder spooks animals so I used the fireworks and it startled his horse enough to get a few hits in

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I beat horse man on my second try, the eavesdrop mechanic is cool since I learned that gunpowder spooks animals so I used the fireworks and it startled his horse enough to get a few hits in

Yeah i eavesdropped that dude too thats what saved my rear end any time he started charging me with the horse id throw the firecrackers down

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

* NPCs suffer and die from tuberculosis in real time.
* Realistic ogre testicles that get hairier over time.
* You can see every item you have by simply looking at your inventory with the press of a single button.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

* NPCs suffer and die from tuberculosis in real time.
* Realistic ogre testicles that get hairier over time.
* You can see every item you have by simply looking at your inventory with the press of a single button.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
just found mt kogo temple and talked to kempers. goty.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've been playing for 50 hours and I have absolutely no bearing for how far I am yet. It doesn't feel like it's ever going to end.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

just found mt kogo temple and talked to kempers. goty.

hes so good, and that area rules. definite goty

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

done with work and its ninja time. i am shredding sunken valley.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I haven't had a chance to really sink my teeth into this yet but I'm still reading everyones gamer posts and nodding like :hai:

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

managed to beat the boss on the big bridge in mt kongo on my first try.. that felt unbelievably sick

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the giant retard on kongo mountain is asking me to kill him

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
im hype to play this when i get home!!!!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
my friend told me the retard only wants me to kill him because i gave him the toy he wanted. so if u meet the giant mountain retard dont give him the white pinwheel

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

my friend told me the retard only wants me to kill him because i gave him the toy he wanted. so if u meet the giant mountain retard dont give him the white pinwheel

buddy if i had a nickel for every time a fromsoft npc begged me to kill them... dude can get in line

malibu anime
Dec 23, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
The Nathan Drake naughty dog scaling walls bullshit sucks doggy dick.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jesus Christ the dude who comes flying in from a kite on the castle walls

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the mix of hype moments and chill rear end beautiful views in this game is extremely good

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

killed like 20 weirdos, time to sit on a roof and take it all in. nice foliage

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

After that I did some exploring and ended up in an icy canyon full of creepy guys with bayonetted guns and then I got my rear end kicked by a mini boss next to a giant Buddha head. This game is intense

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I have no idea what the “proper” path is that I should be taking in this game but the lack of stats means I feel less concerned about it compared to Souls games

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Met flaming bull

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Killed my first boss...if that's the first boss this game is going to escalate into insanity

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

— no season pass is underwhelming
— nearly mandatory exploration might put some off
— i shouldnt have to “git gud” to progress

Impossibly fast movement speed. For a realistic movement experience, try Reginald du Gun the star of rdr2.

No thoughtful yet humorous story beats where the mc shoves his katana up a member of the japanese ku kruksu kran so i can rest easy knowing that not all gamers are alt right would live streaming mass murderers who shout subscribe to pewdiepie during their rampage

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

Impossibly fast movement speed. For a realistic movement experience, try Reginald du Gun the star of rdr2.

No thoughtful yet humorous story beats where the mc shoves his katana up a member of the japanese ku kruksu kran so i can rest easy knowing that not all gamers are alt right would live streaming mass murderers who shout subscribe to pewdiepie during their rampage

all my youtuve uploads are Throwing shinobi firecrackers at FEMINIST, stupid BITCH takes 17 shurikens to the dome, BLACK npc in feudal JAPAN? (sad emoji, pepe), etc

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Big fat beard guy in Luigi toque with red letters saying "Sekiro is a Mary Sue?!" doing a Hrmery face in the yt thumbnail

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

all my youtuve uploads are Throwing shinobi firecrackers at FEMINIST, stupid BITCH takes 17 shurikens to the dome, BLACK npc in feudal JAPAN? (sad emoji, pepe), etc

lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Turning my back when Emma femsplains Dragonrot to me.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the goon dark souls podcast put out its sekiro impressions episode and its an hour of a sadbrains guy complaining about it being too hard. donald trump saying sad! and me kekking and memeing

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lmao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Big fat beard guy in Luigi toque with red letters saying "Sekiro is a Mary Sue?!" doing a Hrmery face in the yt thumbnail

Lmfao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

hahah

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

HolePisser1982 posted:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

crinnngge... sekiro stans in my mentions. lord grant me the patience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
this game has some bugs. centipedes and crickets to be exact