Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

necrofin
Dec 26, 2009
Rhino, it's not all about the armor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDM3Fy_Nz_U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
So I had 2 warframes to test out among all the kuva farming I've been doing.
I had pretty low hopes for Baruuk going in ,but I was legitimately shocked at how good and fun he is.
I immediately realized that building him for his 1 is a noob trap since keeping it up stops your energy from regenerating and counters quick thinking, so I built him for his daggers and ultimate instead.
Getting 90% damage reduction on demand while lowering restraint is the way to go for me, and his ultimate is crazy good and amazing to use.
I've been hearing people say "desert wind deals little damage" and I'm like whaaaaa??? The thing has 50% base crit chance, a 2x multiplier and 400 base damage. It cleaves through enemies like butter. AND the waves go through walls, AND they CC people, AND his spin attacks do an insane amount of damage if you hit enemies directly with them. Literally the only thing that causes him any trouble are heavily armored grineer, and with melee 3.0 you can quick switch to your gun and kill them easily. He's insane.
It actually pisses me off that Baruuk is allowed to have an ultimate this strong that can go through walls, but apparently Ember is "op at low levels". Typical DE......

The only bad thing about him is this bug I keep encountering where turning off his ultimate prevents you from using your weapons for a while. I guess they'll fix that later. Other than that, yeah, he's defiantly going my regular roster , top notch.

On the other hand, Hildryn is looking extremely forgettable and mediocre. I maxed her and sold her to make room for Revenant, which I'm hoping to get this week.
Meanwhile, back to kuva farming.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

hildryn is probably better Revenant

but hey you can always rebuild her

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

ughhhh posted:

I already sold a bunch of flow and multishot to pubbies for 10p each and feel bad.

I recently sold a Rapid Resilience for 35, never feel bad about fleecing pubbies

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Goa Tse-tung posted:

google docs?

Okay.

So if you have plat you can PM me on SA, and I'm on Discord. I'm not exactly online 24/7, so apologies if it takes me a minute to respond.

And again, I want to move these in bulk, like 10+ relics or 100+ plat.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'm confused about excaliburs exalted blade. Does damage come from my melee weapon or the blade itself? Like do I need to mod one, the other, or both? Do they mod the same?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm confused about excaliburs exalted blade. Does damage come from my melee weapon or the blade itself? Like do I need to mod one, the other, or both? Do they mod the same?

Exalted weapons are modded separately from melee weapons.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Yeah but I feel like I've watched a few guides and some emphasize that damage comes from your melee weapon as well so I'm a bit confused. I could be misunderstanding something. I can see in the arsenal that you mod them separately but I don't know if EB accounts for anything modded in your melee weapon?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

big cummers ONLY posted:

Yeah but I feel like I've watched a few guides and some emphasize that damage comes from your melee weapon as well so I'm a bit confused. I could be misunderstanding something. I can see in the arsenal that you mod them separately but I don't know if EB accounts for anything modded in your melee weapon?

How old are the guides you are watching? Because exalted weapon abilities used to take the mods in your corresponding equipment slot (i.e. your melee weapon for Excalibur's exalted blade ability, sidearms for Mesa's Peacemaker). Exalted weapons having their own mod layout was introduced at a later point, about ~1 year or so ago.

Edit: Separately modded exalted weapons were introduced in Update 23.0 from June 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

big cummers ONLY posted:

It used to be that it would take your melee weapons stats into account but now they are completely separate.

Before it meant you could never really unequip melee from those frames and RIP you if you don't have the right ones.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

big cummers ONLY posted:

the only abilities that still use this mechanic are not-exalted, like Atlas' fists or Khora's whip

as soon as you can mod the ability it will stand alone

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Randler posted:

How old are the guides you are watching? Because exalted weapon abilities used to take the mods in your corresponding equipment slot (i.e. your melee weapon for Excalibur's exalted blade ability, sidearms for Mesa's Peacemaker). Exalted weapons having their own mod layout was introduced at a later point, about ~1 year or so ago.

Edit: Separately modded exalted weapons were introduced in Update 23.0 from June 2018

That explains it - thanks! It can be hard to know what's current and what isn't.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

300m in 10 seconds is three times the speed of Usain Bolt.

My warframe is strong!

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Does anyone know if stuff from bounties are affected by either events or boosters. I was thinking about doing some of the profit taker bounties for some of the mats, or is it just looted items that get the drop bonus?

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

big cummers ONLY posted:

That explains it - thanks! It can be hard to know what's current and what isn't.

Khora does need a melee weapon, as some of those mods work on your Whip ability. The Hunter Synergy mod does require a primary weapon, as it gives 30% of your primary's weapon's crit chance to your pet.

I think those two are the only exceptions, but there could be more.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I think Gara's 1 also takes its stats from your melee, hence why people like using Prisma Skana on her.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Tulip posted:

Okay.

So if you have plat you can PM me on SA, and I'm on Discord. I'm not exactly online 24/7, so apologies if it takes me a minute to respond.

And again, I want to move these in bulk, like 10+ relics or 100+ plat.

Messaged you on Discord, if I didn't get the wrong person.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Took all weekend, but status Vaykor Hek is online!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The open world stuff feels like it's a huge pain to deal with, it's kind of a mess just getting a decent amp and there's not even a lot of combat involved

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

HotBobaloo posted:

Does anyone know if stuff from bounties are affected by either events or boosters. I was thinking about doing some of the profit taker bounties for some of the mats, or is it just looted items that get the drop bonus?
Just looted items.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
That's a massive glass house that The Lotus is in during the Nidus quest. "Who would put such a burden on a child!?" well gee, I dunno :rolleyes:

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Seditiar posted:

Khora does need a melee weapon, as some of those mods work on your Whip ability. The Hunter Synergy mod does require a primary weapon, as it gives 30% of your primary's weapon's crit chance to your pet.

I think those two are the only exceptions, but there could be more.

Khora, Atlas and Gara are the frames that still need "stat stick" melee weapons for an ability.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
The lack of cross progression makes the switch version irrelevant for me

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Samuringa posted:

That's a massive glass house that The Lotus is in during the Nidus quest. "Who would put such a burden on a child!?" well gee, I dunno :rolleyes:

the funny thing is that with the details of what we know so far the story can still go in basically any direction from here. it's a neat turn on things in general and i'm genuinely looking forward to the new war.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Bloody Emissary posted:

Khora, Atlas and Gara are the frames that still need "stat stick" melee weapons for an ability.

Also Excalibur and Wukong, but it only affects Excal's 1 and lol Wukong

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

attack skills still draw from melee stats since they're not actually equipping a separate weapon to attack with. it would probably be a coding nightmare to get them to act as their separate thing and i'd kind of rather not have them do that anyways because you can get really good damage by using your own melee.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

CubeTheory posted:

Took all weekend, but status Vaykor Hek is online!

Going to be difficult to check the status chance - ideally with shotguns you want to get the status chance to 100% before multishot. If the status chance is under 100% it gets dispersed across each pellet. Multishot lies and claims to get it over 100% but the chance still gets split.

If the status chance is over 100% pre multishot, each pellet has a 100% status chance, which means one shot can inflict a huge array of statuses, then you can switch to a condition overload melee weapon to finish them off with insanity level damage.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

StashAugustine posted:

The open world stuff feels like it's a huge pain to deal with, it's kind of a mess just getting a decent amp and there's not even a lot of combat involved

In the case of amps it's a dumb grind. Presumably in the future they'll add more for it but right now a good amp is important for Eidolons... which you'll need to do with a bad amp to get the good amp. I can't really defend it other than to say it's how you get arcanes and even then someone could easily make a case for farming plat and buying the arcanes outright instead of going through the hassle.

That being said, the open world stuff that is not amp-related has some good cases:

* Get the best melee and the best secondaries. These don't even require farming the rarer stuff.
* Bounties get you lenses, mods, and some mats that are important in addition to faction.
* If you're time-poor, you can prioritize PoE bounties. Credits can buy Fortuna rep for the patient.
* You'll get the component BPs for three different frames just casually doing bounties.
* All the bounty steps just generally amount to mass murder and everyone brings killframes. Not as good as onslaught for leveling MR trash weapons, but better than most normal missions.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Going to be difficult to check the status chance - ideally with shotguns you want to get the status chance to 100% before multishot. If the status chance is under 100% it gets dispersed across each pellet. Multishot lies and claims to get it over 100% but the chance still gets split.

If the status chance is over 100% pre multishot, each pellet has a 100% status chance, which means one shot can inflict a huge array of statuses, then you can switch to a condition overload melee weapon to finish them off with insanity level damage.

Yeah, Vaykor Hek has a base of 25%, so I just need to hit 300% which is easy with my mod and all 4 60/60 mods

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Mailer posted:

In the case of amps it's a dumb grind. Presumably in the future they'll add more for it but right now a good amp is important for Eidolons... which you'll need to do with a bad amp to get the good amp. I can't really defend it other than to say it's how you get arcanes and even then someone could easily make a case for farming plat and buying the arcanes outright instead of going through the hassle.

That being said, the open world stuff that is not amp-related has some good cases:

* Get the best melee and the best secondaries. These don't even require farming the rarer stuff.
* Bounties get you lenses, mods, and some mats that are important in addition to faction.
* If you're time-poor, you can prioritize PoE bounties. Credits can buy Fortuna rep for the patient.
* You'll get the component BPs for three different frames just casually doing bounties.
* All the bounty steps just generally amount to mass murder and everyone brings killframes. Not as good as onslaught for leveling MR trash weapons, but better than most normal missions.

Yeah I've been doing bounties and those are fine, it's the resource grinding that's super annoying

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
Double resource weekend turned out to be productive.

I 'm pretty sure I farmed about 250 k , but I spent a lot of it on rolling some of my existing rivens. The rest will last me a while :)

The best one I got was :

That makes the Exergis a one-shot versus level 100 bombards, and the heavy gunners die from the bleed.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

fire rate is funny on an exergis riven

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Bobby Deluxe posted:

So does mod order count with regard to anything that increases status prior to slotting for multishot? I thought that only the order of elemental mods mattered for damage type.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
No, they just mean that multishot changes status chance differently to actual status mods and you need to check the status mods take you to 100% by themselves.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Yeah the open world areas are poorly integrated with the main content and that they're so early gives a misleading impression that they're good for new players, when the rewards are mostly good for late game.

Ritznit posted:

Messaged you on Discord, if I didn't get the wrong person.

Awesome! I'm in transit until maybe midnight so I can't check, I'll let you know when I'm home

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010

Samuringa posted:

Which, is really interesting to me? Because as of Vor's Prize, she was waking up the Tenno because the Grineer were killing them while they slept. She seemed perfectly happy to let us dream while the Origin System went to hell and only woke us as a last ditch resort. And, it worked really well! The Tenno are, theoretically, pushing back against both sides but you kind of get the impression she feels she made a deal with the devil. Because she does her best to keep us in the dark and maintain Margulis' "protections", then War Within and Chains of Harrow happen and poo poo spirals out of her control. She starts out looking like this puppet master and it turns out she was kind of winging it the whole time.

Of course, they're going to rework the tutorial sometime this year so who knows how much of this is going to stick.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Double Plus Undead posted:

Which, is really interesting to me? Because as of Vor's Prize, she was waking up the Tenno because the Grineer were killing them while they slept. She seemed perfectly happy to let us dream while the Origin System went to hell and only woke us as a last ditch resort.

They were trying to find Warframes to control, not Tenno to kill. It makes it seem like the danger is that you'll die, but it's really that Lotus doesn't want Vor controlling frames via the Ascaris.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
How are the Detron and Zhuge? I have them at max rank, and am looking at getting rid of some weapons, but kind of got them from 10 to 30 in one mission, and shelved them to focus on MR raising weapons.

I have a Riven for the Zhuge if that makes any difference.

Dpulex posted:

The lack of cross progression makes the switch version irrelevant for me

I wish more games would do cross progression, like I don't care if I can't cross play because "Sony," but it would be nice to be able to progress when other people are using the TV.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Johnny Joestar posted:

vauban prime is all rares and costs a fuckton to build

which is funny because only a handful of people genuinely enjoy playing vauban anymore and for the rest he's a paperweight. enjoy.
it's me, the vauban liker.

Until I got Despoil for nekros and now just scoop up all the resources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

They were trying to find Warframes to control, not Tenno to kill. It makes it seem like the danger is that you'll die, but it's really that Lotus doesn't want Vor controlling frames via the Ascaris.

Vor tried to control the Tenno, but the Queens just wanted them dead, which is why he got demoted. Bad for us either way though.