Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So time skip means we're getting another crew together to joing Baam

Tipme posted:

who were those 2 comrades of viole?

Seconding this one. I feel like I know the red eyed girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Brought To You By posted:

So time skip means we're getting another crew together to joing Baam

Seconding this one. I feel like I know the red eyed girl.

I thought she was Yeon, who couldn't control her fire ability when we first saw her.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
I recall some ranker saying she is important for the future of the tower or something like that. so if it's her, she can't be dead right?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

EvilTaytoMan posted:

I thought she was Yeon, who couldn't control her fire ability when we first saw her.

It was her and the swordsman who had the ignition sword arie inieta stole

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Which Arie was that?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Gologle posted:

Which Arie was that?

the one working with kaiser I think

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I've actually really liked Yeon for a long time now, and her and Rak vs. the swordsman dude in the Name Station was one of the hypest fights in the series for me personally so far. Do you think she's finally come to terms with how she is basically a traitor to the regime? I think when she finally accepts her true feelings she'll be able to come into her own. But there's another character we haven't seen in ages that I'm eager to see again, and that's Anak. Poor lizard girl has been dropped like a sack of rocks from the story, and that's quite unfair IMO.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I think Anak was dropped because her big story arc is going to have to deal with all the other princesses in this little Princess War that SIU's been building up. She has a lot more stakes in that than in all the Hell Train Baam Gets Stronger stuff. It's not like sticking her with Baam and the tension of being a traitor to the empire (hello Endorsi) is really applicable to her, someone whose existence is already traitorous.

I expect she'll be a Big Deal in this next arc.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
Does the translator from last week intend to stay a week ahead, or should I expect nothing from tomorrow?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

There was a big backlash from the larger fanbase about Jaminisbox doing a quick translation because said translations obviously don't support SIU. Jaminisbox decided to no longer make their early translations from the korean raw public.

As it is now, no one really knows what LINE (the official translation) is loving doing because it makes no sense. They have the advance issues, a month in advance no less, and plenty of time to translate it but are deciding not to. They haven't even settled on anything except "in March" and have changed the time of next release like 3 times already.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Two Tone Shoes posted:

There was a big backlash from the larger fanbase about Jaminisbox doing a quick translation because said translations obviously don't support SIU. Jaminisbox decided to no longer make their early translations from the korean raw public.

As it is now, no one really knows what LINE (the official translation) is loving doing because it makes no sense. They have the advance issues, a month in advance no less, and plenty of time to translate it but are deciding not to. They haven't even settled on anything except "in March" and have changed the time of next release like 3 times already.

They're probably waiting around to build a backlog of a few issues to sell early access for for cash like they have done with some other popular series.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

They're doing that already in Korea but lol I guess nobody here pays for the English version so we read illegal scans because they gently caress us on the regular release

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

SIU does that with his fanclub/subscribers essentially. That's the backlog I'm talking about them having access to. We've always been a handful of chapters behind paying Korean customers.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Oh if they already have the backlog to do it with then I got no fuckin clue

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

So yeah it looks like Line has set up a fast pass thing for English, too. You have to use their mobile app and only that (for some stupid reason) and it's 2-3 chapters ahead of the free chapter, which just officially dropped today. Essentially you can pay fifty cents a week to get the newest fast pass chapter and consistently stay ahead of the free release.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I'll just stick with the free release schedule and hope I don't get spoiled.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I mean, this has been a thing in Korea for a while and I've just ignored it, so this really has no effect on most viewers either way. I've known for a long time now that the English webtoons translations have all always been behind their Korean originals, and some are significantly far behind, like the original finished years ago and the translation is still going 1 week at a time.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
Nothing terribly exciting in this first chapter of season 3, but I'm so glad it's back and I'm digging the backsplash:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
hosed up that the main character is in the background of the splash.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

Gologle posted:

hosed up that the main character is in the background of the splash.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Chapters up way earlier than usual for some reason. I’d link it but I’m on my phone

Is this the same bam? Killing everyone in his path and talking poo poo afterwards? What did Evankhell do to him?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I just finished re-reading ToG last week for the new releases...but now I'm annoyed by the slow drip hahaha. Maybe I'll just start again since I can't find anything else I want to read now a days.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It's possible that it's up earlier because now with the preview thing the translators have 3 issues in advance to do, and as such something something Sunday release.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

All webtoons release at 6pm pst the day before, since the end of last year.

I think he was cool with killing those dog soldier guys because they are mind controlled and basically not human anymore, from what little we saw. He was willing to kill the big boss guy because he supported that. He didn't try to murder the girl trying to get a job.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Evankhell truly is powerful

She turned Baam from a shounen protagonist into a seinen protagonist

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Catching up, but did SIU really just unceremoniously kill off Yeon? That's a bummer. The series has had a bit of a cast bloat for a while so maybe it was necessary but it still feels unwarranted especially when it didn't really feel like her arc was done.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Nate RFB posted:

Catching up, but did SIU really just unceremoniously kill off Yeon? That's a bummer. The series has had a bit of a cast bloat for a while so maybe it was necessary but it still feels unwarranted especially when it didn't really feel like her arc was done.
hard to believe anyone really dies in this series anymore

who was the last non-data person to die? akraptor and that prince dude years ago? Hard to imagine they'd just kill her when they'd be more valuable as hostages if the idea was to get to baam

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I think Anak was dropped because her big story arc is going to have to deal with all the other princesses in this little Princess War that SIU's been building up. She has a lot more stakes in that than in all the Hell Train Baam Gets Stronger stuff. It's not like sticking her with Baam and the tension of being a traitor to the empire (hello Endorsi) is really applicable to her, someone whose existence is already traitorous.

I expect she'll be a Big Deal in this next arc.
Personally? I think she was dropped because she's really hard to draw without looking off. I like her as a character but she'd need a less-awkward-to-draw form like Rak got.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

maybe but there was build up for her that has yet to pay off so I really doubt it

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This week intern lady turns out to be the smartest character in the series.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Gotta say I didn't expect these guys to run into him that quickly

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Good pace its got so far

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

I'm happy to see Kaiser on team Bam now.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

profileusername posted:

I'm happy to see Kaiser on team Bam now.

I think I would have preferred Baam's crew to remain about the same as it was, with all his allies made along the way coming to his aid in one form or another in the grand finale. Though I have no idea if this webtoon will ever reach a grand finale before Baam's turned everyone into a friend/corpse.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

I think the teammate swap thing makes sense. Sachi and Boro knew they were getting way in over their heads so decided to part ways and climb on their own. Kaiser's indebted/grateful to Baam and you don't really need to make an excuse for her strength, since she's just as strong as Endorsi (who will probably be joining Baam all the way up the tower along with Rak and Khun).

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I would be perfectly fine if the main crew is Baam, Khun, Rak, Endorsi, and the guy who is basically Leorio, whose name escapes me at the moment, the guy in charge of team Not As Good But Still Pretty Good, with Anak and FoldedOneThousandTimesKatanaMan

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Hockney's probably in it for the longhaul too since his super power is something that'll never fall out of usefulness.

And yeah, Lee Soo rules. Love an underdog.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Hockney was for sure designed to be a main character. Distinctive appealing look, accommodating attitude, devoted to Baam extremely quickly, magical sasuke eyes, endless mystery quest.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Also direct relation to the underlying Enryu plotline. He got his eyes from De Jah, who was gifted his eyes by Enryu.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

New Free chapter:

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-4/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=422

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So his name is supposed to be Baylord Yama, right, not Bayload? Bay like "baying", lord cus he's their master, right? Also I love how completely nonchalant Bam was about that "fight." Precious cinnamon roll didn't give a poo poo after his training with Evankhell.

Also Ehwa potentially not being dead makes me happy, but it also feels like a trap considering what we saw two chapters ago where she and sword dude looked preeeeeetty dead