Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

insanely hype for tomorrows mob.

Saikou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Big Hat

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Gotta leave a hole in my hat to hang my bacon strips from.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Gotta stay popular with the town dogs somehow.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

You can do it, Slime

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Everything Burrito posted:

I watched a bunch of episodes of the boys running and it is the best show

Ibram Gaunt posted:

insanely hype for tomorrows mob.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i think the running boys show ends this week? which sucks but that means i can just burn through it in a nine episode sitting

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1109952652962492417
i want those sneakers and that top

also every week i have incredibly high expectations for Mob and actually worry "what if this is the mob episode that isn't good" and every time i get my rear end blasted

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 25, 2019

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Expect My Mom posted:

i think the running boys show ends this week? which sucks but that means i can just burn through it in a nine episode sitting
those nine episodes go by quick and for almost a week now i've been sitting on my hands, waiting (and dreading) for the last one

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

They added a new manga in Manga Plus, "Spy X Family". Haven't read anything from the author, but the first chapter is cute. It's about a super spy that has to adopt a child and get married to get close to someone.

It's cute :3:

They haven't introduced the future wife yet, but looking at the cover art she's going to a spy for the enemies, Mr and Mrs Smith style.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I found Ueno on Crunchy and, while a lot of the plots she devises trend towards the skeevy and uncomfortable, it's a decent depiction of that stage in Middle School where someone likes you but is just a total dick because they're emotionally inept.

It's no Takagi, tho

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Coaaab posted:

those nine episodes go by quick and for almost a week now i've been sitting on my hands, waiting (and dreading) for the last one
goddamn im nervous, but excited

the stretch of episodes at the training camp and when prince gets his official record made me so happy, i can't wait to see the rest

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

iospace posted:

What is this?

Wark Say posted:

Seconding this. I think you posted this, but I didn't catch the name. :(

Yeah, my bad. As previously mentioned it's the official Girls' Frontline manga that Lemon-Lime helpfully linked. Commander Gentiane owns bones (and I think is the only canon female commander I've seen).

Expect My Mom posted:

goddamn im nervous, but excited

the stretch of episodes at the training camp and when prince gets his official record made me so happy, i can't wait to see the rest

The remaining stretch is so drat good and I can't wait for the final episode to break my heart.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/pancakeparadox/status/1109963115461070854?s=19

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

IM GLAD WOBUFETT IS STILL THERE

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't spoil me since I only just finished episode 12 but is running boys going to *end* end or does it look to be open to more seasons?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

Don't spoil me since I only just finished episode 12 but is running boys going to *end* end or does it look to be open to more seasons?

End end. It's based on a novel so there's a proper ending.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Who the hell uses a gif for a full anime fight scene.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
wanna read the running boys book, very curious how it was adapted

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

instead of fight scene gifs, have these fight scene webms instead

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/168964946439307264/559535483202306054/kovsjug1.webm

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/168964946439307264/559535693274021909/kovsjug2.webm

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ibblebibble posted:

End end. It's based on a novel so there's a proper ending.

cool, I'll be sad for it to be over but it's nice to know it's got a definite end

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Adnor posted:

They added a new manga in Manga Plus, "Spy X Family". Haven't read anything from the author, but the first chapter is cute. It's about a super spy that has to adopt a child and get married to get close to someone.

It's cute :3:

They haven't introduced the future wife yet, but looking at the cover art she's going to a spy for the enemies, Mr and Mrs Smith style.

I am the translator for this, and the second chapter is great too. Keep reading it please.

I dunno, it's just nice sometimes to have a story about badass super-spies who are, like, 30-ish instead of 15.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

GorfZaplen posted:

Who the hell uses a gif for a full anime fight scene.

Clearly the Fuwa Protector Respecter

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

instead of fight scene gifs, have these fight scene webms instead

I'll never get over how goofy the ninja run looks, but dang Boruto has some good looking animation.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Naruto ninja run is just the Saint Seiya run so it is under my protection.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkIF8JucbCE

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot/status/1080948113265885185

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Woah, never heard of this before. Amazing that this is over 20 years old and utterly blows anything Toei releases in TYOOL 2019 out of the water...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
precure's good bucko

it's hosed up but the ancient unending zombie anime it turns out is less consistently well animated than the projects that haven't been running for two decades straight or a single ova from the 90s

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 25, 2019

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I'm tired of sakuga.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
are you tired of hyper specific sakuga culture or are you tired of the concept of animation

i probably like good character animation more than impressive fight scenes though i have an appreciation for fight animation that has a good sense of weight and physicality to it. by the way have i mentioned overman king gainer

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Toei animates some of the best looking episodes every year except for the nightmare year they moved studios (The Year Sailor Moon Crystal Season 1 and Hapcha Precure aired). They also have meh episodes but that would happen to any studio doing a series weekly for over a year

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anyway the jojo's bizarre adventure part 3 ova has some of the best fight scene animation ever and you don't see people constantly bring that up to dunk on david pro

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Reiche posted:

Woah, never heard of this before. Amazing that this is over 20 years old and utterly blows anything Toei releases in TYOOL 2019 out of the water...
of course it looks better than toei one piece, it's a 30 minute ova instead of a weekly television series

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
what I'm gathering from this is that if I had stopped existing in the 90s instead of continuing to exist for twenty more years, I would look a lot better

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i'm a sucker for sakuga when it's like mob psycho animating a fight with like seven people over a single city block and making an extremely inventive fight with a guy who just does teleportation

but i also love that one march comes in like a lion episode episode where they throw out the normal op and just reference an old japanese tv opening of a guy getting up and making his breakfast

e: this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQGPgW4YgdY

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Mar 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
All fair points, I need to stop being so pessimistic

The Colonel posted:

i probably like good character animation more than impressive fight scenes though i have an appreciation for fight animation that has a good sense of weight and physicality to it. by the way have i mentioned overman king gainer
I fully agree with this