Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Talk about the worst possible place to have a cardiac arrest. Too many visits to the boulangerie?

Anyone who hinders legitimate medical help, for any reason at all, is the worst kind of scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Last saturday police put a 73 year old protester in a coma in Nice, police then prevented street medics from helping her

the president has a few words for her to help her get better

https://twitter.com/RTLFrance/status/1110076507303694336

"I wish her a speedy recovery, and perhaps to find some wisdom"

president gros batard

Note: Street medics in Paris helped save that cop who had an heart attack, but I guess that doesn't apply to protesters

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
this is the protester who was put into a coma by the cops

https://twitter.com/Pabloneruda54/status/1110082414896992257

her name is Genevieve Legay

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
"she put herself in danger by being into a restricted area"

i guess the cops are robots who cant help but shoot at peaceful old ladies

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Kurtofan posted:

"she put herself in danger by being into a restricted area"

i guess the cops are robots who cant help but shoot at peaceful old ladies

We knew that from the other old lady who took a tear gas grenade to the face in Marseille a few months ago.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Kassad posted:

We knew that from the other old lady who took a tear gas grenade to the face in Marseille a few months ago.

Wasn't she inside her house when this happened?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jose posted:

yeah she was

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Mais quel FILS DE PUTE ! :psypop:

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Jose posted:

Yeah, she was closing her window shutters. She died in the hospital while she was being operated on.

The "best" part is the local state prosecutor later pointing out that it wasn't the grenade that killed her. Because clearly her being in the hospital was totally unconnected.

Edit: TBH it's not a surprise that the police can kill with impunity. They've been doing it in the banlieues for decades.

Kassad has issued a correction as of 09:02 on Mar 25, 2019

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Hospitals are extremely deadly places, hopefully austerity will get us rid of that public menace one day.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm starting to think the gulag is too good for Macron.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

macron au guilltoine

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

I thought you guys didnt elect the fash

merde

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

HerraS posted:

I thought you guys didnt elect the fash

merde

Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

KEEP SCRATCHING

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

oops! all fascists!

Big Man With A Gun
Jul 22, 2007

Big Gun With A Man

A narrow black mustache descends onto macron's upper lip. The words "deal with it" appear

Thank you for the coverage and translations, everyone

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
A terrible thing happened in the Paris region these last few days...
Based on rumors that they were kidnapping children, Roma people in the region were subjected to pogroms and many were badly hurt in the violences...
Some FN higher up at this to say about the real cause of the violence

https://twitter.com/RNational_off/status/1110838172819357696?s=19

"We need to answer the real problems: the presence of Roms coming from Eastern Europe because of the Schengen accords, which causes real problems in our country. We could stop such rumours if this problem was being answered."

(This is from the official account of RN, whihc is what the FN is calling itself these days)

Kurtofan has issued a correction as of 16:18 on Mar 27, 2019

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Okay that's vomit inducing...

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I've been listening to the College de France podcast, their last couple episodes have been about migration. Turns out this "ethnic minorities wouldn't be persecuted if we deported them all and made the country a white ethnostate, haven't thought of that did you libtards??" attitude goes back to the 60s. Back then they were freaking out about black people from the Antilles coming to the métropole.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Wait, who did the Pogrom? I get that the Yellow Vests v Military/Police was cover, but was it "unaffiliated" RW/fashy elements or chunks of the state apparatus as well?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kassad posted:

I've been listening to the College de France podcast, their last couple episodes have been about migration. Turns out this "ethnic minorities wouldn't be persecuted if we deported them all and made the country a white ethnostate, haven't thought of that did you libtards??" attitude goes back to the 60s. Back then they were freaking out about black people from the Antilles coming to the métropole.
LOL my Italian ancestors were already stealing the poor Frenchmen jobs in the 1880s, it was the exact same poo poo. It was just we were "too catholics" and sent to France "by the evil pope to destroy Laicité thanks to our exploding catholic lust for babymaking". It doesn't matter where you are from or the actual color of your skin or your religion, there is always an rear end in a top hat trying to gain some political edge by othering you. :france:

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 18:12 on Mar 27, 2019

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

A terrible thing happened in the Paris region these last few days...
Based on rumors that they were kidnapping children, Roma people in the region were subjected to pogroms and many were badly hurt in the violences...
Some FN higher up at this to say about the real cause of the violence

https://twitter.com/RNational_off/status/1110838172819357696?s=19

"We need to answer the real problems: the presence of Roms coming from Eastern Europe because of the Schengen accords, which causes real problems in our country. We could stop such rumours if this problem was being answered."

(This is from the official account of RN, whihc is what the FN is calling itself these days)

well gently caress, the nazis really are doing a speedrun this time :(

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Anti-Roms racism is depressingly mainstream in this country but I didn't think we still had people believing the "they steal white children for Reasons" canard. That's like 19th century-tier vintage.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
It's so frustrating that in the UK, amongst the rich remainers and neolibs and Rational Centrists etc, Macron is genuinely still being held up as a good guy. As an example of what our politicians should aspire to be like.

And it's not like I'm gonna start posting police brutality gore vids to people on Facebook but it blows my mind. It blows my mind that we have a disgusting little tinpot dictator hell bent on treating the working class like poo poo just across the channel but none of the press here even reports on what is actually happening.

IamFuckMan
Mar 26, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
The Brits love beating up protestors. And the Irish.

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous how difficult it is to get news though.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Yellow vests are currently gathering in Angers to protest against the president’s visit.

https://twitter.com/AntenneJaune/status/1111221410943455232?s=20

Broken skulls incoming.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
thank you to the protestors in france

it is very inspiring

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Vitamin P posted:

It's so frustrating that in the UK, amongst the rich remainers and neolibs and Rational Centrists etc, Macron is genuinely still being held up as a good guy. As an example of what our politicians should aspire to be like.

i don’t understand how you can be frustrated by this. just what exactly do you think the EU currently is?

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

LMAO this owns:

https://www.revolutionpermanente.fr/J-avais-peur-de-mourir-Melissa-18-ans-street-medic-violemment-matraquee-par-des-CRS-a-Nice

Mélissa, 18yo, Street medic posted:

"I was afraid I would die".

"This is the story of what happened to me on March 23rd in Nice when I was brutally beaten down by CRS."

"I'm 18 years old and I'm a street medic in the Alpes Maritimes. Last Saturday, on March 23rd I went to the yellow vest protest in Nice. The protest had been banned by the mayor upon order from the préfet. I arrived a bit late, around 10:30, and my team (13 people) was already there. They were already surrounded by a group of CRS. I provided my team with something to drink because the cops would not let them out of the perimeter to get bottles of water. There were only 3 of us outside the perimeter, the yellow vest were surrounded. Cops began dispersing people outside the perimeter and gave us a warning. Keep in mind that as street medics when we intervene in a protest we always stand on the sides to be easily identifiable. We wear white tee-shirts, swimming goggles, gas masks, helmets and we carry medical emergency supplies.

They started gassing us and that's when a 73 years old lady was violently shoved to the ground by some cops. She was bleeding profusely. We attempted to rescue her but the commissioner stopped us. My team tried to back down but we got gassed and shoved. 7 of us were arrested. The teargas they used was much stronger than the usual fare. It usually doesn't make me sick but this time I felt truly awful.

The remainder of my team and I fell back under the jeers and insults of the CRS that were present on the scene. Early in the afternoon we walked from the Thiers train station to Gambetta boulevard. People were being repelled in smaller adjacent streets by the CRS who started using grenades. I geared up despite the area being off limits. My team kept moving forward but I stopped to help an elderly lady who had fallen on the ground and had breathing difficulties. My immediate reflex was to remove my mask and apply it to her face, leaving myself exposed to the teargas and close to fainting. She slowly came back to her senses and seemed deeply stressed and in shock."

"At that moment I saw my life flash before my eyes, I was afraid to die"

"We were in a small street when I saw the commissioner leading a team of 15 toward us. He yelled "Charge forward!". My instinct was to cover the old lady, we were curled up in a ball. They were equipped with pepper sprays, batons and flashballs. As they got closer I could hear more and more rubber bullets and teargas pellets hits all around us. The CRS started hitting the lady's legs with their batons so I covered her legs with mine but they kept hitting, eventually beating my whole body. I got struck at least 10 times but I didn't really count. At that moment I saw my life flash before my eyes, I was afraid to die. I was in a sort of dissociative state, it felt awful.

The CRS dragged me by force because I could no longer lift my own weight, yelling "Get up, slacker!" while pepper spraying me in the mouth. I was screaming and crying with pain. At that point I heard the commissioner say "we're taking this one, handcuff her and arrest her". I was stunned, I could not even fathom how such a thing was possible... I was carrying some medical supplies on my belt so in a survival reflex I unclipped it, hit the CRS that was grabbing me and ran as fast as I could despite my stiff leg killing me. I ended up in a dead end so I turned around and ended up in Trachel street. At that instant I just collapsed. Some yellow vests I knew came to my rescue. A medic from my team called me on the phone to inform me that the situation was hosed up at the Imperial parc (a protester got their ear ripped off by a flashball, another had their skull broken by baton hits, a third got hit by a flashball in the leg and others sustained more minor injuries). What was left of my team took care of them while another came to pick me up by car because I was unable to walk. He insisted to give me a lift back home but I refused to leave so many people who needed assistance behind.

On the way back to the parc, in the vicinity of Mathis street, I witnessed another horrible sight: multiple protester were being mercilessly beaten down by police forces. Many were women but it made no difference. When we arrived at the train station we regrouped with the others and decided to head to the police station to support the medics (and the protesters) who had been arrested earlier. My own condition was not improving so I eventually headed to the Pasteur hospital for a checkup. There I was diagnosed with a cervical and a knee sprain. According to the doctor I got very lucky, a few more hits and my knee would have broke. I have two appointments next week, one to the trauma ward and another for an MRI of my knee. I got 5 days of sick leave, very likely to be extended according to my doctor.

I am so shocked by what happened that I decided to file a complaint. I find it unacceptable that defenseless people, elderly, women, all pacifists, are being beaten down like this. People like me bound by the Hippocratic oath have a duty to stand their ground no matter the cost to help anyone in need. Theoretically the police should never -like the commissioner did- prevent victims from receiving medical assistance. We street medics are volunteers, we provide aid at our own risks and I'm proud of what we do. Even if it means I have to give my life for it I will keep helping those in need."

If you want to donate to the Alpes Maritimes street medics, you can do so here. This will allow us to buy the necessary medical equipment for our interventions.

E: fixed that embed

Sassy Sasquatch has issued a correction as of 07:57 on Mar 31, 2019

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Oh, looks like the sack of poo poo commissioner mentioned above has a name: R. Souchi.

https://m.facebook.com/luttesinvisibles/posts/648657312223407

I don’t have the courage to translate that one right now but the gist of it is: people have been ordering Souchi to go for months now. This isn’t the first time he’s involved in fishy stuff.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
what's the latest, french goons?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

BULBASAUR posted:

what's the latest, french goons?

https://twitter.com/lgbral/status/1111643729482395649

Video is hilarious if you understand French, dude's Macron's "brain" and he just completely bugs out at the slightest push.

Also the head of Mediapart just revealed that they know what happened to Benalla's safe. :munch:

YaketySass has issued a correction as of 20:48 on Mar 30, 2019

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Torpor posted:

i don’t understand how you can be frustrated by this. just what exactly do you think the EU currently is?

That's kind of a huge question my guy. The EU is a lot of things.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Vitamin P posted:

That's kind of a huge question my guy. The EU is a lot of things.

EU means EU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I like EU for EU, babe.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

she got a week of sick leave? france is a paradise

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Just want to say thanks for the translations here, and keep giving Macron and all his capitalist backers hell on the streets.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Goon Danton posted:

EU means EU

EU du toilet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

YaketySass posted:

Anti-Roms racism is depressingly mainstream in this country but I didn't think we still had people believing the "they steal white children for Reasons" canard. That's like 19th century-tier vintage.

I would also found funny how Euro Goons would lecture Americans on how backward their country is but then write random posts about how they wish Roma would annihilated/lynched.