Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lol but

body is a dinosaur

Goons Are Great posted:

Currently still safe (and sound), figured phone has abilities of leading the way, now 80% sure that the headed direction is correct and there is progress towards known areas

you home safe yet dude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redm

alnilam posted:

It's very cool but yeah kinda creepy i wouldn't want it lookibg at me while i slept

it was supposed to be an owl but I used too much paint on the eyes and forgot about drip when I picked it up to let it dry :sweatdrop:

redm

Goons Are Great posted:

To be honest I'm posting here still on that walk and I honestly did not pay terrible much attention on where I am right now, also it's late and night here, so I hope I find my way back home some day. For now, still enjoying the walk to where ever!

Get home safe and sound, friend.

Jaded Burnout

redm posted:

it was supposed to be an owl but I used too much paint on the eyes and forgot about drip when I picked it up to let it dry :sweatdrop:

now it's a burned and bleeding heart

happy valentine's day

Goons Are Gifts

Made it home safe and sound!! Found a rent-a-bike on my way and turned this four hour walk into a 20 minute bike trip during the night, while whistling with the birds which was a great experience

Apparently 4am is a great time to ride a bike!

lol but

body is a dinosaur

Goons Are Great posted:

Made it home safe and sound!! Found a rent-a-bike on my way and turned this four hour walk into a 20 minute bike trip during the night, while whistling with the birds which was a great experience

i can relax. good job though i admit there is strange energy to lost night walks

Goons Are Gifts

redm posted:

I find that really awesome, I have a similar painting that you might not like to look over your sleeping body, too, but I just placed it towards a bookshelf so that I can read with it, but not have to sleep with it.

Goons Are Gifts

lol but seriously I posted:

i can relax. good job though i admit there is strange energy to lost night walks

Thank you for taking care, I couldn't have made it without your energy helping me find the way back!
But there really is, next time I need to remember that my phone has GPS two hours before stubbornly walking in one direction, not even realizing that the street stopped and turned into woods

redm

Goons Are Great posted:

That sounds like a fun night. Glad you found your way back. :)

sig by Manifisto

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Safety Confirmation Information: got too high to even post in the in too high to post in byob thread and got lost in the living room for a while. Got lost in my living room for a while, but all good now. Time to continue my sleep shift after getting too high to post again, since there animals are all fed and happy for now.

Goons Are Gifts

Very glad to hear you are also safe and sound, hamjobs. Your babbies need you!

Goons Are Gifts

OK so it's very stormy here and when taking out the trash the wind crashed me towards the wall and then I almost fell on my nose due to it being very strong.

Nevertheless, I think this going to be an amazing day! Stay safe and sound everyone and enjoy your start of the week!

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
mornin'

alnilam

GOOD MORNing

ty manifisto

Manifisto

gwydd mornyth (welsh)

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

one really fun thing about SE PA is all the welsh town names, they're cool to see on a map

bala cynwyd, bryn athen, bryn mawr, gwynedd, tredyffrin

ty manifisto

alnilam

apparently there was a big welsh contingent of Friends (aka quakers) who followed william penn there

ty manifisto

alnilam

oh btw for anyone who didn't grow up among them, the real name for the quakers is the Society of Friends which is pretty byob

quaker was a derogatory term for them (pacifists, derided as "quaking" with fear) although nowadays they don't really mind it

ty manifisto

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

one really fun thing about SE PA is all the welsh town names, they're cool to see on a map

where I grew up mang, surrounded by welshish

ty nesamdoom!

Jaded Burnout

alnilam posted:

oh btw for anyone who didn't grow up among them, the real name for the quakers is the Society of Friends which is pretty byob

quaker was a derogatory term for them (pacifists, derided as "quaking" with fear) although nowadays they don't really mind it

I'm a Friend of their oats

alnilam posted:

it was Very Funny to some people at school that we use the Welsh word "cym" (pronounced "cum") to mean a mountainous depression at the top of a glaciated valley or something.

Now my mountainous depression has nothing to do with cum

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Jaded Burnout posted:

I'm a Friend of their oats

it was Very Funny to some people at school that we use the Welsh word "cym" (pronounced "cum") to mean a mountainous depression at the top of a glaciated valley or something.

Now my mountainous depression has nothing to do with cum

Maybe it's the lack thereof

high five depression crew

BoldFrankensteinMir

The Friends are a neat society, they let women have political sway before any other Americans basically, and their town hall system is surprisingly advanced. They're great cooks and bakers too.

I want to make a Western about a Quaker homesteader family in the continental divide right before the gold rush, like 1842-47ish. Those people went through hell surviving up here by themselves, maintaining a philosophy of peace and charity during it is even more badass.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Big fan of the Society of Friends over here because they not only tolerate my weird pagan beliefs, they accept me warmly and let me be extremely queer and pagan and let me sing No Need to Argue as a hymn.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Very cool. I'm a fan of "A Joy to be Simple", as was Copeland apparently. A very BYOB diddy.

...Quaker songbook thread?

redm

I liked the society of friends ok before sam hyde turned all weird and became a white power icon, he was always an rear end in a top hat jerk but he was at least kind of funny before that started

redm fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 25, 2019

BoldFrankensteinMir

Yeah, it should also be mentioned the most prominent Quaker of all time was Richard Nixon. No group is without troublemakers.

redm

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Yeah, it should also be mentioned the most prominent Quaker of all time was Richard Nixon. No group is without troublemakers.

:ohdear:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
would like to note that there is some forums twilight zone poo poo happening the last few days like this:

Luvcow posted:

david byrne is a quaker

edit: wtf!? i posted this in the chat thread.....

:stare:

xcheopis

Everyone should read up on John Woolman, too. Dude was awesome.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Oh no it's finally happening, we're in Tuesday's event horizon...

is the lead-up to Christmas an advent horizon?

BoldFrankensteinMir

xcheopis posted:

Everyone should read up on John Woolman, too. Dude was awesome.

Oh wow, thank you for suggesting this, Woolman is indeed an awesome dude. I forget what a minority abolitionists were for so long, it took a lot of guts to stand up against slavery while most of the country associated it with progress and religious duty.

Active in the 1770's, that makes him a vocal peer of John Adams, dang.

Jaded Burnout

is the lead-up to Christmas an advent horizon?

the advent horizon is the point at which money and time cannot escape the pull of christmas. this used to be around december 20th but as christmas has continued to conspicuously consume over the years it has crept further forward and is now well into october

you can see the moneytime distortion as you approach the advent horizon, primarily a change in the ambient music of supermarkets in late august

Jaded Burnout fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 25, 2019

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Jaded Burnout posted:

the advent horizon is the point at which money and time cannot escape the pull of christmas. this used to be around december 20th but as christmas has continued to conspicuously consume over the years it has crept further forward and is now well into october

you can see the moneytime distortion as you approach the advent horizon, primarily a change in the ambient music of supermarkets in late august

This is true.

I can almost hear Mariah Carey now... Christmas shall be in...JULY

xcheopis

Oh wow, thank you for suggesting this, Woolman is indeed an awesome dude. I forget what a minority abolitionists were for so long, it took a lot of guts to stand up against slavery while most of the country associated it with progress and religious duty.

Active in the 1770's, that makes him a vocal peer of John Adams, dang.

Really recommend The Beautiful Soul of John Woolman, as well as his diary.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Wow, his journal is the second longest published book in American history after the Bible? And it's the life story of a guy who willingly abstained from riding in carriages or wearing dyed cloth? Yeah, I'm definitely in.

vanisher

Really considering doing a Vanishers Daughter cyoa

Goons Are Gifts

vanisher posted:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:birddrugs: :woop: :toot: :peanut: :glomp:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

vanisher posted:

Goons Are Great posted:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:birddrugs: :woop: :toot: :peanut: :glomp:

Manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

Alright I'll do it. I just have to sit her down and ask her what to draw and I'll make the thread.