Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Step 1: I don't have any cats, because I don't like cats.
Step 2: I have six cats. Do you see any other cats that might need a home? I have room behind the bookcase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
dont dox me

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

jit bull transpile posted:

Don't forget that axe maniac turned out to be into some deeply hosed up poo poo himself. Like pictures of women hacked up and turned into toilets and poo poo.

gently caress you for reminding me about that :mad:

They were just drawings thankfully but they were super hosed up.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Can someone remind me why he was so insistent on making microwave's life miserable

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
his mom was hot

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I don't recall the details but the eight year old had to put the rooster down for some reason or other, which led to some altercation with another chicken, I think? Which led to the goon owner freaking the gently caress out at the kid and making them cry because how dare you not be as good at taking care of chickens as I am with my decades of experience

This is why I don't watch the egg hatching chickam stuff they do anymore.

The woman who runs the chickam is different than the one that yelled at her nephew. If I remember right, the nephew-yeller only just starting out keeping chickens in her back yard.

e- Found the post, sorry it was her niece:

Chido posted:

I'm so angry right now. I was outside with the chickens and I asked my younger niece to grab Megatron and put her in the crate so I could let Roo out of the run. What does she do? She gets distracted trying to grab another chicken and puts Megatron on the ground. Roo mounted her and ripped off the scab, tearing the wound wide open again and only part of the scab is attached on one edge. I yelled at my niece and she said it was an accident, but for gently caress's sake, how hard is for an 11 year old to do as told before playing? And this is supposedly her chicken.

I put EMT gel on the wound and bandaged it again, and brought the crate back to my room and she'll stay here until the wound scabs over again. I really want to be harsh and tell my niece how thanks to her Megatron's healing is back to square one, and that if she cries so much and whines about tiny scratches, to imagine how Mega feels with a hole on her side, and that if Mega was her size, that hole would be like 10 inches long, and how she would feel if she had a hole that big, and her muscle exposed. I won't do it because I'm not her mom, but I certainly won't let her help me anymore, and that will get through, because she hates being excluded.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Step 1: I don't have any cats, because I don't like cats.
Step 2: I have six cats. Do you see any other cats that might need a home? I have room behind the bookcase.

He also had a supernatural gift of drawing special cats to his house. The first one was a bobtail (which granted, might not have been natural) and one of the other cats was a polydactyly.

Funktastic posted:

Does anyone actually have a link to the follow up? I can't remember what thread it was in.

Also here's the forum the Maremma lady posted on about her dog going crazy:

https://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/165357-my-maremma-puppy/

I forgot how she swore up and down she's contain all his energy by frequent walks, but her posts on there show the puppy hated walking on a leash.

Nuns with Guns has a new favorite as of 00:46 on Mar 23, 2019

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chido was a regular poster in the chickam threads, and she wound up adopting Megatron from them at some point, which explains the confusion.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Yeah, that's probably how I got them mixed up.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Can someone remind me why he was so insistent on making microwave's life miserable

Microwave at some point lost his loving marbles with regards to video games and would go on absurd tears about the dumbest poo poo ever.

The best example I can remember was when people were talking about Poker Night at the Inventory. For those who don't remember, it was like a 5 dollar download game that was just a poker game but with the gimmick of playing against a variety of webcomic/game characters. Like the Penny Arcade guys/Strong Bad/Heavy from TF2 or whatever.

Everyone thought it was, at worst, a bland poker game using webcomic characters to sell itself but Microwave lost his loving mind over it. Like he would spend pages and pages flipping out about how this random poker game was the downfall of all video games, that the entire medium was dead and that there would never ever be a good game ever again. He wouldn't shut up about it and got unreasonably mad about it to the point where he was making personal insults over a stupid meme poker game.

Axemaniac messed with him in the Duke Nukem Forever thread where he started saying that Duke was never good and all fans of Duke Nukem games were misogynist idiots who don't know good games and all FPS games were bad and for idiots.

Axe just posted the pic of his mom and Microwave basically had a giant meltdown.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Thanks, I actually didn't know about the poker meltdown

I also just remembered some gbs thread where someone posted this series if illustrations from a book, which supposedly were puzzles to real life treasures that the author hid but nobody was able to solve before the author passed away. Does anybody know what this is about and whether any of the treasures found?

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

I also just remembered some gbs thread where someone posted this series if illustrations from a book, which supposedly were puzzles to real life treasures that the author hid but nobody was able to solve before the author passed away. Does anybody know what this is about and whether any of the treasures found?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3552196&perpage=40

There have been developments, but it’s hard to say whether you’ll be impressed with them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3552196

I love this thread. No one's posted in awhile and I'm not active in it at all since the Chicago one was discovered a while ago, but it's still a great read to see people try and figure these things out. Also I think a goon is roaming around digging poo poo up in New Orleans.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Duke Nukem Forever thread is its own thing given it was outright sent to the next dimension, and that was BEFORE Axemaniac was revealed to be into horrible poo poo. Some actually pretty funny SuperMechaGodzilla posts in there.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The TL:DR of the last few years of that thread:

Goons got intrigued by the idea of using intelligence to solve a real treasure hunt. Turns out everything in existence is up to interpretation. One goon claims he has a perfect solution and teases how he is totally going to dig for two literal years, before disappearing for three years and acting like it never happened. Along the way various goons go insane looking at paintings and maps. The past year or so the only developments have been some obscure, dead, offsite forum dedicated to the treasure hunt where some idiot says crazy poo poo and goons here apparently have nothing better to do than catalog it.

Someone recently buried a new treasure and had a painting commissioned for it, leading to a small uptick in the insane theorycrafting but not much else.

Of the original 12 treasures two were found, but a long rear end time ago pre-SA thread.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

Axemaniac messed with him in the Duke Nukem Forever thread where he started saying that Duke was never good and all fans of Duke Nukem games were misogynist idiots who don't know good games and all FPS games were bad and for idiots.

Axe just posted the pic of his mom and Microwave basically had a giant meltdown.

microwave was right

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rascar Capac posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3552196&perpage=40

There have been developments, but it’s hard to say whether you’ll be impressed with them.

OK, this is weird, because I've seen that thread hanging around for ages, and just assumed it was the same thread as the one that we had, years ago, about a completely different "buried treasure/puzzle book" - Masquerade, a book I received as a child. But my understanding is that the singular treasure from Masquerade was found ages ago, even though supposedly not all the puzzles in that book have been solved.

So there's two, nearly contemporaneous picture puzzle books about buried treasure, both of which have had long threads on SA.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

Broken clock I guess.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Leperflesh posted:

OK, this is weird, because I've seen that thread hanging around for ages, and just assumed it was the same thread as the one that we had, years ago, about a completely different "buried treasure/puzzle book" - Masquerade, a book I received as a child. But my understanding is that the singular treasure from Masquerade was found ages ago, even though supposedly not all the puzzles in that book have been solved.

So there's two, nearly contemporaneous picture puzzle books about buried treasure, both of which have had long threads on SA.

Masquerade is an interesting story, it was 'found' by a guy who cheated literally just before someone actually solved the puzzle iirc.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

sebmojo posted:

Masquerade is an interesting story, it was 'found' by a guy who cheated literally just before someone actually solved the puzzle iirc.

Yeah, someone solved it and dug in the right spot but somehow missed seeing it in the dirt pile and filled the hole back in (treasure included)

Shortly after, someone who knew the artist realized where he must have put it and just went and got it after falsely claiming to have solved it.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Goons got intrigued by the idea of using intelligence to solve a real treasure hunt. Turns out everything in existence is up to interpretation. One goon claims he has a perfect solution and teases how he is totally going to dig for two literal years, before disappearing for three years and acting like it never happened. Along the way various goons go insane looking at paintings and maps. The past year or so the only developments have been some obscure, dead, offsite forum dedicated to the treasure hunt where some idiot says crazy poo poo and goons here apparently have nothing better to do than catalog it.

Someone recently buried a new treasure and had a painting commissioned for it, leading to a small uptick in the insane theorycrafting but not much else.

Of the original 12 treasures two were found, but a long rear end time ago pre-SA thread.

I vaguely remember my mother finding 1-2 treasures from a book mystery or something, should probably call and ask to see if its the same book because that would be hiliarious.

It was some gemstone dragonfly thing I think.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

I'm sure he had at least one other cat thread after this but I can't find it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Telsa Cola posted:

I vaguely remember my mother finding 1-2 treasures from a book mystery or something, should probably call and ask to see if its the same book because that would be hiliarious.

It was some gemstone dragonfly thing I think.
That's an entirely different picture-based puzzle book called A Treasure's Trove

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
A rollercoaster of joy.

quote:

You know, I used to think all cats looked the same but then I realized that they don't because he's the most handsome of all so how could they?
And this is on the second page of 16 of criscodisco on a wonderful journey and I wish the pictures still worked. Luckily he attached some pictures to the posts so they weren't lost to Waffleimages.

edit: and more pictures start showing up later in the thread

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 09:01 on Mar 24, 2019

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Rectal Death Adept posted:

travel channel aired a special about the book on their series which is usually about ancient bigfoot aliens. Cue thousands of people lacking the critical thinking skills to not believe in ancient bigfoot aliens flooding every message board about the puzzles with insanity.

The GBS thread was the only one spared so we like to post the crazy theories in there too.

The new tribute puzzle is pretty fun to work on

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Phy posted:

Wasn't that Granos?

I've always found AI and CA to be super chill, barring the occasional rapist or racist

e: I am not excusing the occasional rapist/racists and tbh I would welcome more fractious discussions in AI/CA if it had any suppressive effect at all on the frequency of rape/racism

AI is super chill, drama free, and accepting of everyone. It's no joke the best car fourm on the entire internet.

I would say its probably one of the most drama free boards on here too, but then I get reminded that places like the hiking sub exist.

I mean, at least it's not like DnD where you have at this point decade long running grudges between people.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Hiking has the advantage in that it gets about 1 post a week. Anyone who could get mad at a post in there has probably just gone for a walk and forgotten about it before it can kick off.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Whats crazy to me is that 15 goddamn years ago D&D was basically "Why *shouldn't* we deport the illegals, A Megathread" with a bunch of logical fallacy callouts like we were all in Sophomore Debate Club.

That was one hell of a turn thanks to Dubya turbofucking out generation.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

FilthyImp posted:

Whats crazy to me is that 15 goddamn years ago D&D was basically "Why *shouldn't* we deport the illegals, A Megathread" with a bunch of logical fallacy callouts like we were all in Sophomore Debate Club.

I seem to remember it being more, "incredibly dense white male libertarian" softer racism than the full on xenophobia, but yeah, the general political environment plus the effects of LF and Helldump really changed things around here. I think the old Pron Haul: kill ur parents threads were genuinely huge.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

ExplodingSims posted:

AI is super chill, drama free, and accepting of everyone. It's no joke the best car fourm on the entire internet.

I would say its probably one of the most drama free boards on here too, but then I get reminded that places like the hiking sub exist.

I mean, at least it's not like DnD where you have at this point decade long running grudges between people.

Drama free? Didn't AI just have a thing with 14 Inch turning out to be a reprehensible piece of poo poo?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Korgan posted:

Drama free? Didn't AI just have a thing with 14 Inch turning out to be a reprehensible piece of poo poo?

I feel like there's a difference between "forum is generally dramatic" and "forum has one high-profile poster turn out to be awful." Everything I saw come out of AI re: the 14 INCH DICK revelation was support for the people he'd hurt, along with a donation drive for sexual-assault charities, which seems like the healthiest way they could have handled it.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, it was pretty much a reveal, followed by immediate wound-tending without any namecalling or finger-pointing, except at the guilty party and a few posts by outsiders that tried to invade as is wont to do every time something happens on SA.

AI is chill enough that I felt okay to come out to them. Doesn't hurt that I've been talking on there on and off for, uhh, nine years.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

FilthyImp posted:

We still have way too many people in DnD that love to play the debate club game bullshit. It's better now than it used to be but seriously, renaming Current Events to Debate and Discussion was the worst decision ever made for that forum and renaming it back would be awesome. Get rid of the debate club :decorum: culture plxkthx :tipshat:

I'm really tired of all the bad faith posters saying disingenuous poo poo like "um excuse me but I thought this was a *~discussion~* forum?!?!?!" when called out for being human garbage.

I don't want to be too negative here so I will also reiterate that moderation on the forums is currently the best it's ever been. This place has come a long way since the days of the Ron Paul cult and I appreciate all the efforts to get us from there to here.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Bring back LF for 2020

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

barbecue at the folks posted:

Bring back LF for 2020

Okay, but Prester Jane is made a mod of it, monkeys paw and all that.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

C-Spam has pretty much became my ideal political forum. Constantly up to date on things, devil's advocating is quickly mocked for being dumb, there's an alcoholic duck. Just everything.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

thecluckmeme posted:

C-Spam has pretty much became my ideal political forum. Constantly up to date on things, devil's advocating is quickly mocked for being dumb, there's an alcoholic duck. Just everything.

we regret to inform you that the alcoholic duck has been permabanned

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

redneck nazgul posted:

we regret to inform you that the alcoholic duck has been permabanned

I can't believe milkshake bourbon duck was racist :saddowns:

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
I mean it was fairly obvious.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
But it gave us the great joke

A man walks into a bar, bourbon ducks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I seem to remember it being more, "incredibly dense white male libertarian" softer racism than the full on xenophobia, but yeah, the general political environment plus the effects of LF and Helldump really changed things around here. I think the old Pron Haul: kill ur parents threads were genuinely huge.

One of the times I felt way too terminally online was when Rand was running in 2016 and literally no one in real life was familiar with pron haul kill ur parents or purestrain gold or egen the simple joke images like OVERlution