Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Aye Doc posted:

"Agent Drew Rosenhaus on @GetUp on Rob Gronkowski’s future: “If the team was struggling or they needed him at some point next year, and let’s just say hypothetically Tom Brady gave him a call and said ‘Rob, I need you.’ I wouldn’t be shocked if he came back to p..."

i believe the last few words were "play a few games"

e: hey he posted it again

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1110182155441725440

What would the Gronk signal look like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

it would be a giant 69 obviously

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Like lighting up blunts that firework into the sky and explode in a shape of a 69 and he’d be seen leaving his harems and gallop to Tom Brady

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Man imagine angrily defending the Tre White incident simply because there are other incidents that are arguably worse by others

It was lovely and dirty and dangerous, sorry it was done by your favorite player

e: And using the fact that he was covered very physically all game long as an excuse is funny coming from the Patriots side

Intruder fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 25, 2019

Nov 6, 2002

Intruder posted:

Man imagine angrily defending the Tre White incident simply because there are other incidents that are arguably worse by others

Someone said it was the most dirty hit in football they ever saw. That is why the topic of other hits came up. Also I don't think any Pats fans are being angry.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well if you want to be pedantic about it, the Suh and Hayneworth incidents weren't "hits"

And the dude I'm mostly replying to also posted essentially "Aside from that time Gronk threw his full weight into the back of a dude's head while he was on the ground..."

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

gently caress the Patriots

:hmmyes:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Slowpoke! posted:

Good at math as in he realized that if he doesn't blow his money, he can retire at age 30.

Which sadly makes him smarter than about 75% of the league

Nov 6, 2002

Intruder posted:

Well if you want to be pedantic about it, the Suh and Hayneworth incidents weren't "hits"

I'm going to hit you, right in your big dummy head.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Out of the other examples that came up it's not the dirtiest because it wasn't as premeditated as the Talib eye poke, and he didn't keep going on like the Suh stomp. But it might have been the most dangerous just because of the angles there.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It doesn't excuse it, but that guy was riding his back half the game and not getting called for it. The frustration finally boiled over.

"It doesn't excuse it but" is the I'm excusing it version of "I'm not a racist but"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

regarding robert gronkowski -

he's an idiot and I'm glad he's gone

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Favorite Gronk moment: when the security guard stopped him from jumping the rail at Wrestlemania because she didn't know he was supposed to, and another guard had to come fill her in

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

remember when gronk made his stupid 69 joke for the millionth time and was disrespectful to a female reporter and then barely anyone cared because somehow being a dumbass is okay if you're gronk?

Nov 6, 2002

Intruder posted:

"It doesn't excuse it but" is the I'm excusing it version of "I'm not a racist but"

Since you want to be pedantic, there's a difference between explaining why someone did something versus providing reasoning why it was acceptable.

For instance, if I said: Robert Kraft got a blowjob at a tug and rub because it probably felt really great.

That's explaining why he did what he did, but not saying it was right. Same with what I said about Gronk and his hit. I knew why he did it, not that it was right.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Remember when Gronk tried to break a mans neck?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's not an excuse but here's an excuse I'm providing, that I would not even begin to consider if he didn't play for my favorite team

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Someone said it was the most dirty hit in football they ever saw. That is why the topic of other hits came up. Also I don't think any Pats fans are being angry.

Gronk could've very easily broken White's neck with that hit. It was long after the play ended, it was deliberately targeted, he used his arm brace for it, and he wound up for it. All of these combined put it pretty loving far up the list of dirty hits.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Gronk could've very easily broken White's neck with that hit. It was long after the play ended, it was deliberately targeted, he used his arm brace for it, and he wound up for it. All of these combined put it pretty loving far up the list of dirty hits.

I'm not saying it's not a bad hit, but *list of reasons why one might not consider it a bad hit*

Nov 6, 2002

Intruder posted:

I'm not saying it's not a bad hit, but *list of reasons why one might not consider it a bad hit*

Thing that no one said.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SKULL.GIF posted:

The angle reminds me of the Steve Moore/Bertuzzi hit. Not the same thing because Bertuzzi was setting that up for like 30 seconds but the way his head was driven into the ice.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The only other dirty hit in the NFL that comes to mind to me that's comparable to the Gronk/White hit is probably Charles Martin powerslamming McMahon to the ground.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Aye Doc posted:

this was a very easy incident to google
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaojAiK-8JU

He wasn’t even punished for the head slams but I definitely can see it now. I was looking at the disciplinary stuff and he was only in trouble for the stomp.

Holy hell

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Just in case you momentarily forgot how to read, the question was "are people referring to anything else other than Tre White" and the answer was no, but thanks

Man some of you Pats fans really turn into baby bitches over this huh?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Pacman had an all time great post play dirty moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VJBmfyEg10

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Suh also ruined Schaub's career by caving his dick in with his foot

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1064705491828465667?s=20

How did this not get called?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

sad to see gronk retire, hopefully he retired before his body got too wrecked for everyday life

also, hopefully there wasn't really enough going on upstairs to have concussions make it worse

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ches Neckbeard posted:

lmao, "that's toting the line there a little bit".

Here's the one I was thinking of: Ravens #50 kills this poor Eagles kicker:

Much shorter version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrbPxB8NWzI

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Amy Pole Her posted:

He wasn’t even punished for the head slams but I definitely can see it now. I was looking at the disciplinary stuff and he was only in trouble for the stomp.

Holy hell

Big part of it was because this photo was absolutely loving everywhere the day after the game:

The funny thing about the stomp incident is that it looks like Suh didn't even actually make meaningful contact with Dietrich-Smitch's arm. His leg comes up just short at full extension. The head slamming was way worse than the stomp, but because of that above (slightly cropped, can't find the original) photo it took the air out of the room for anything else surrounding that incident.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Aaaqrchgh

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

lmao, "that's toting the line there a little bit".

Here's the one I was thinking of: Ravens #50 kills this poor Eagles kicker:

Much shorter version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrbPxB8NWzI

This is basically like half of Hines Ward's career highlights.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

Big part of it was because this photo was absolutely loving everywhere the day after the game:

Was this the one they were selling pictures of on NFL.com after the game?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

oh man I forgot about this :ohdear:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

This is basically like half of Hines Ward's career highlights.

Yeah Hines Ward blindsided DBs on his way to the hall of fame under the guise of “run blocking”

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The thing that always confused me is that spearing was made illegal in like 1976, but it seems like it was almost never called for the next several DECADES, no matter how blatantly guys launched themselves head-first to hit people with the crown of their helmet in the earhole and/or kneecap.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sean10mm posted:

The thing that always confused me is that spearing was made illegal in like 1976, but it seems like it was almost never called for the next several DECADES, no matter how blatantly guys launched themselves head-first to hit people with the crown of their helmet in the earhole and/or kneecap.

I think part of it is the ducking your head right before impact wasn't considered spearing (and arguably the top of the forehead wasn't a penalty but only the actual top of the head). I think the rule might have been put in place more to protect the spearer than the speared as far as broken necks.

But even given that I don't know that I remember a single spearing call watching professional football growing up.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I don't see the illegal action

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Reported

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah Hines Ward blindsided DBs on his way to the hall of fame under the guise of “run blocking”

That reminds me of the time that Bill Belichek lined up a DE man on hines ward every single play of a game just to hit him on the line and gently caress him up.