Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I'm sure Vivi would hang out with us, and you just know Kain's a goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Quina would hang out with me if I offered free food.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

We're not cool enough to hang out with any final fantasy party members

i'll think you find that me and Fighter would have a hell of a time fighting wolfs in the nearest abandoned castle that also holds a time travel orb that you need to light up 4 crystals scattered across the world to use

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Help Im Alive posted:

Prompto would hang out with us, we'd just wish he didn't.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe you aren't. I am.

I'd go to the zoo with Fang and Vanille and Sazh and Dajh and we'd all eat ice cream and I'd have to help Vanille hold Fang back from trying trap/tame the elephants and then we'd all fall down and laugh together.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Help Im Alive posted:

Not even Khimari? drat we suck

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think i'm gonna play nier next. do we know when episode ardyn takes place like chronologically

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

I guess I would hang out with the FF4 crew. Tellah would have a James Randi voice. And Kain would probably punch me, though he swears he didn’t have control...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The only thing Zenos has going for him imho is that he is, as they say, "dummy thicc".

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006
"The drawings of the girls are badly proportioned and borderline pedo material. But"
I’m struggling to finish Crisis Core FFVII and I just can’t get over all these motherfuckers flying around with one wing. Was that in the original FFVII?

It’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen and completely ruins any scene one of these characters appears in because it’s impossible to look at them without chuckling.

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Be Depressive posted:

I’m struggling to finish Crisis Core FFVII and I just can’t get over all these motherfuckers flying around with one wing. Was that in the original FFVII?

It’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen and completely ruins any scene one of these characters appears in because it’s impossible to look at them without chuckling.

I didn't mind playing Crisis Core but I really hope a lot of that additional stuff the FF7 Expanded Universe doesn't make it into the remake.

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006
"The drawings of the girls are badly proportioned and borderline pedo material. But"
I spent too long doing missions towards the beginning of the game so now I’m kind of overpowered and tired of playing.

Like, I can kill anything by dodging and spamming Fira. It just takes a while.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I read somewhere a long while back that Gackt is no longer a fan of S-E, so if he doesn't want his likeness associated with them anymore I think they will probably just cut out that stuff entirely. IMO, they should do that regardless.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Be Depressive posted:

I think the lumbering two-headed thing in the Shinra Mansion is just about the closest related creature, but Crisis Core came out with that kind of enemy.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
LMAO Angelo Cannon is the best Limit Break that will ever exist.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I did like her Angel Wings alt limit break, then again it yet another broken mechanic in a game with a lot of broken mechanics.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Cleretic posted:

- likes Gaius
- hates Prompto

These are some terrible rear end FF opinions you're spewing mate.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

prompto is awful

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Cleretic really doesn't like FFXV for some reason.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

ninjewtsu posted:

prompto is awful

no u

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ignis is best

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Gologle posted:

Cleretic really doesn't like FFXV for some reason.

I think it's because it's the one Final Fantasy that I genuinely can't like. For the most part even the games I don't enjoy have parts or ideas that I do like that get to stand out, albeit sometimes briefly, but not in XV. My favorite part of that game is Aranea, but the only extended gameplay you get with her has the rest of the party talking over her, constantly. It's an unpleasant experience of a game to me, with no real bright spots.

I hate plenty of other games outside of FFXV. It's just that you don't hear me talk about how Fallout 4 was garbage, because I rarely talk about Fallout 4. I hate one FF game, and it comes up in the FF thread, so you hear about that.

Also Prompto would genuinely be a really trying person to hang out with in real life, which is why I said that. I don't think you'd really want to be friends with Prompto.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I liked Prompto a lot more after watching the Brotherhood short that showed him to be overweight in elementary school, and him working up the courage to talk to Noctis again by running and pretending to be a whole another person. Which I did like there was a night time scene in the game where Noctis told him that wasn't necessary.

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Prompto is OK in my book but he basically is the Butters of the whole group.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cleretic posted:

Prompto is best friends with the king (ignis)

I can't compete with that

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Party I would least like to hang out with is FF7's. These guys is sick in the head.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I would hang with YRP, watching anime and jpop concerts allday

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I could hang out with Fighter because I also like swords.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Mega64 posted:

Party I would least like to hang out with is FF7's. These guys is sick in the head.

7's party is the most likely to land you in jail, but it won't be for any fun reasons.

If we're going for a whole team, my pick for Hangout Party is 5's. Bartz is cool, Faris can definitely lead the way on something fun, Lenna acts as a limiter against anything too crazy, and both Galuf and Krile are adventurous enough to go along with anything. They're the only team that I don't think has a party pooper anywhere in it; 6 has people that I think could probably be really fun hangouts, but they've also got some real wet blankets in there. I can't imagine Terra's the most enjoyable person to have around on a night out.

EDIT: My pick for individual depends on how big I want the night to be. Bar-crawling I'm going with Faris, small-scale social my pick is Y'shtola, and quiet night of TV I might go with, yeah, any member of YRP.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Mar 25, 2019

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
The FF15 crew would be really cool to hang out with. You could learn so many valuable life skills from them.

I would shoot guns and take photos of random poo poo with Prompto. He would teach me how to compose a shot with a camera and improve my aim

Gladio would be my gym buddy and would make me tough and strong and teach me how to fight.

Ignis would teach me how to be a better cook

Noctis would sit in a corner and brood so okay. I'd rather hang out with Aranea instead because she's the coolest and the best.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I will watch Noctis fish and say the same two one-liners every other 30 seconds.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of Ignis, man I wish we got a whole game as him being a ninja butler instead of something like Dirge of Cerberus. His combat is pretty fun in his Episode.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
the objective right choice to hang out with is the crew from IX just sayin'

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The XIV Scions would be pretty cool. Alphinaud is a massive dork after all.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

Noctis would sit in a corner and brood so okay.

noctis is a napper, not a brooder

he's pretty stoked about life in general considering his circumstances

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Don't reply to things like that, I just assume people who say Noct is broody have never actually played the game themselves, cus he's really not, and the few times where you can say that of him he's pretty justified, i.e finding out your dad is dead, seeing your gf dead, finding out you were born just to die, knowing people keep dying because you exist. On the roadtrip part of the game he's exceedingly average personality wise.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Ibblebibble posted:

The XIV Scions would be pretty cool. Alphinaud is a massive dork after all.

Except that one who never says anything but always just punches their fist and nods any time someone asks them a question.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ZiegeDame posted:

Except that one who never says anything but always just punches their fist and nods any time someone asks them a question.

Sometimes they murder a local deity.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Gologle posted:

Don't reply to things like that, I just assume people who say Noct is broody have never actually played the game themselves, cus he's really not, and the few times where you can say that of him he's pretty justified, i.e finding out your dad is dead, seeing your gf dead, finding out you were born just to die, knowing people keep dying because you exist. On the roadtrip part of the game he's exceedingly average personality wise.

I didn't say he was wrong to brood or that brooding is bad considering everything that happens to him but I probably wouldn't hang out with him unless we were doing raids in King's Knight together or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I looked up the ending of Episode Ardyn cus I'm going to play it anyway and I don't care about spoilers, and man, it's hosed up.