Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
hyphenated surnames are pretty popular in China these days as a way of respecting both 300 member families.

>_>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
At least it seems like most Chinese surnames are pretty short?

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
Stacking of hyphenated names should be compulsory. It’s been twenty years since the tech fat times of Y2K. Changing the length of names in a bazillion applications would be a nice little earner for people new to the game.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Graic Gabtar posted:

Stacking of hyphenated names should be compulsory. It’s been twenty years since the tech fat times of Y2K. Changing the length of names in a bazillion applications would be a nice little earner for people new to the game.

https://www.kalzumeus.com/2010/06/17/falsehoods-programmers-believe-about-names/

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Zenithe posted:

A lot of beef stock doesn't' have beef in it.

Uh, what does it use >.> Asking for a friend.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Graic Gabtar posted:

We're running out of names, it's time for surname v.6.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Gridlocked posted:

Uh, what does it use >.> Asking for a friend.

Mainly salt, afaik.

Jerk Burger
Jul 4, 2003

King of the Monkeys

Don Dongington posted:

We're running out of names, it's time for surname v.6.

Just append the current bitcoin blockchain at time of birth to the parents names.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Jerk Burger posted:

Just append the current bitcoin blockchain at time of birth to the parents names.

All of my cousin's names were stolen and my son is now a fentanyl mule

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Call me You Am I 78 Professional Edition

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

hyphenated surnames are pretty popular in China these days as a way of respecting both 300 member families.

>_>

Anime David-Wukong, eater of the pistachios

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Anidav posted:

>_>

This seems like it would get way out of hand real quick

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

froglet posted:

I found out in HS mates bf changed his name from Normal Person Name to Anime Edgelord Name. I pointed out this AND dating 16 year olds AND having a weird thing for samurai swords was kinda offputting and she told me I wasn't a true friend.

She dumped him for refusing to get a job six months out from the wedding. :wtc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYfUvW_3C3U
RIP
He drowned trying to kayak a 16yo girl to a secluded island

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

This seems like it would get way out of hand real quick

Johannes Vennegoor of Hesselink was only the beginning

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Mar 25, 2019

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-25/egg-boy-teenager-who-egged-fraser-anning-defends-incident/10937982

quote:

When queried on his newfound moniker, the unlikely internet sensation revealed he had actually been dubbed Egg Boy prior to the egging.
"I'd eat boiled eggs at lunch and all the girls would be like 'get away from me, that reeks'," he joked.
"I'm off the eggs now, officially off the eggs."

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

yo where the gently caress is Essential?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

the girls are right imo, eggs suck

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

this is the original eggboi

https://www.instagram.com/eggboiandfriends/

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

"There are problems with multiculturalism and it’s about time our politicians had the guts to mention some of them," wrote Ita Buttrose in 1988 when she was editor-in-chief of the Sun-Herald.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
The stupidity gives it credibility

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
someone said it was an internal working document

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I'm starting to think that it'd make a lot of sense that, like the US Democrats, Labor is paid to lose.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

BRING ME PICTURES OF SHORTENMAN

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

This is tiny

MPLE RE-ELECTION STRATEGY

1. Defeating Bill Shorten:- Liberal Party Research Office (LPRO) has put together a detailed dossier on every aspect of Bill Shorten's life, including his former marriage, AWU activities, alleged illegal activities including previous Police investigations and Royal Commission testimony, his daily routine including both his parliamentary and private activities, his electorate routine. His family life. Look for weak links in his staff, make friends with Shorten staffers and friends, any information is valuable.

A special detail of selected party volunteers in each state have been formed to shadow Bill Shorten where ever he does during the upcoming election campaign, tape recordings of all conversations and photographs will also be valuable pieces of information. Bill Shortens itinerary will where possible be distributed to Shadow Detail team leaders. Friends in Shortens personal detail are assisting with this where possible.

A saturation media campaign will commence when the election is called. Both the Print Media, Electronic Media and Radio Media can be counted on to provide their full support. Its important for Shadow Team to use their direct line access to provide up to date reports Shorten's whereabouts night and day.

If any members of the Shadow Team are asked questions from Journalists, it is imperative to praise Scott Morrison and denigrate Bill Shorten.

2. Points of Topic: - There is only one message to deliver and its Labor's Tax on the pensioners and retirees, the workers and the young. Things to keep repeating are Labor's Retirement Tax. Labor will Tax workers pay-packets; Labor will attack education funding and attack Private Schools. Counter and question with, where is all the money coming from to find Labor's policies. Don't trust Labor with economy ETC

3. Elections dates: - Three possible dates are being examined 11th, 18th and 25th of May 2019. It is the intention of the Prime Minister to hold both the House of Representatives and the Senate conjointly

Why so many big letters?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I do wonder if Bill Shorten's tactic of being as boring as possible might actually pay off here, if that's apparently the Coalition's best strategy.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
"Both the Print Media, Electronic Media and Radio Media"

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
This is going to be dirtier than 2013.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

GotLag posted:

"Both the Print Media, Electronic Media and Radio Media"

Yeah, Rupert and the ABC. Both.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Why is that on what appears to be government letterhead and not LNP letterhead?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Mr Chips posted:

Why is that on what appears to be government letterhead and not LNP letterhead?

Because it's fake. DPMC is a policy advisory office.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1110167534701969408

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Can't even narrow the polls during an election mr speaker.

Oh wait, when was the last time they even bothered turning up to work?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I haven't followed Auspol closely in months but I just popped in to say that Q&A inviting Jordan loving Peterson on the show to metaphorically fellate him and then uploading the video with the title " Jordan Peterson Destroys Q&A" is extremely sad. Also I wish he actually had destroyed the show or at least its producers.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

eXXon posted:

Jordan loving Peterson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4CI2vk3ugk&t=460s

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

One Nation wanted millions from the NRA while planning to soften Australia's gun laws

Secret recordings of senior One Nation figures reveal the party wanted millions of dollars in political donations from America's National Rifle Association and discussed softening its policies on gun ownership as it tried to secure the funding.

Pauline Hanson's chief of staff James Ashby and the party's Queensland leader Steve Dickson were covertly filmed during a series of meetings with powerful pro-gun advocates in Washington DC last September.

Footage from inside the meetings, broadcast overnight as part of an Al Jazeera investigation, shows the pair seeking political donations and discussing political strategies to undermine Australia's gun restrictions.

"We get the balance of power, very simply that means that we have the testicles of the Government in our hand at every given stage," Mr Dickson said in a meeting with the NRA.
"And guns, in the scheme of things, are still going to be the be-all and end-all."

Al Jazeera's investigation involved setting up a fake gun lobby group called Gun Rights Australia headed by a fake gun rights advocate, Rodger Muller.

Mr Muller posed as a grassroots campaigner to gain access to the NRA and One Nation, then arranged meetings between the two groups and secretly filmed them.

He also recorded a meeting between the One Nation staffers and representatives from Koch Industries, which funds various conservative causes in the US.

Al Jazeera's covert investigation culminated in a documentary titled How to Sell a Massacre, which aired on the international news channel last night.

The article goes on and on. Ashby and Dickson approached the NRA and Koch Industries for millions in donations and advice on how to provide a counter narrative to mass shootings a couple of months before foreign donations were banned.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

The NRA doesn't like people comparing the US's situation to Australia, it's nice seeing them upset about that. The advice they give is evil though

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I do wonder if Bill Shorten's tactic of being as boring as possible might actually pay off here, if that's apparently the Coalition's best strategy.
Their only two strategies are "attack migrants; attack Bill Shorten". Christchurch essentially took that first option away from them (I'm not saying they'll stop altogether, but they won't be able to go as hard on security and borders etc. as they were originally planning), so all they have left is Bill.

JBP posted:

Because it's fake. DPMC is a policy advisory office.
Eh, I wouldn't discard it entirely just because it's on letterhead. It could have just been printed by someone in the PMO. That said, whether the document is fake or not, they're going to be doing everything in it regardless, so :shrug:.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Simon Birmingham on the radio this morning talking about the extremism of the greens high tax policies in the same conversation as one nation’s extremist views on race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

https://twitter.com/smh/status/1110263585308139523

Considering Q&A that's quite an achievement.