Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

chitoryu12 posted:

What's "Don't ask, don't tell" in Cockney rhyming slang?

Hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
('s bell[s])

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

chav nicked me protected classification innit

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I'm O- but I'm one of those filthy queers so I'm barred from donating even though I'm in a long term monogamous relationship with my dude and am tested annually. It's a stupid as gently caress policy that isn't at all based in science.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I'm in a long term monogamous relationship with my dude and am tested annually

:raise:

Blood donation restrictions are really loving stupid, though

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I'm O- but I'm one of those filthy queers so I'm barred from donating even though I'm in a long term monogamous relationship with my dude and am tested annually. It's a stupid as gently caress policy that isn't at all based in science.

I don't think anyone's arguing in favor of that one so much as wondering why there's no tests to to clear you after you get a false positive once.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

The Bloop posted:

:raise:

Blood donation restrictions are really loving stupid, though

I do it as part of an event for a local AIDS awareness group that works to break down the stigmas surrounding STD testing. Crazy I know. Get tested yall!

Content!

Prokhor Zakharov has a new favorite as of 21:31 on Mar 25, 2019

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
oh poo poo, im barred from donating since I got a false positive hiv (and hep a) test once

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I do it as part of an event for a local AIDS awareness group that works to break down the stigmas surrounding STD testing. Crazy I know. Get tested yall!

Well this is a very good thing and I thank you and retract my cheeky emoji

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

oh poo poo, im barred from donating since I got a false positive hiv (and hep a) test once

weird flex, you better make some awkward phone calls.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

jojoinnit posted:

Hell, I wasn't allowed to donate blood at all because I'd had the misfortune to be born in England and that meant I was at risk of being a mad cow.

Which reminds me of my favourite joke:

Two cows are standing in a field. One of them goes "Hey, you worried about this Mad Cow Disease thing that's been going around?" The other one says "What do I care, I'm a helicopter."

No, my sense of humour hasn't advanced in the last 20+ years, why do you ask?

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Mandatory: "I have killed at least 2 of these guys in Dark Souls"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
DUNT DUNT

tainted blood

oohWhoaoh

DUNT DUNT

tainted blood

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Well this is a very good thing and I thank you and retract my cheeky emoji

Its cool, talking about it is the point after all :v:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

weird flex, you better make some awkward phone calls.

i meant i was planning on donating because of the talk, but realized that the one false positive (which multiple subsequent tests showed negative, along with the expensive "for real" follow up tests) would technically bar me from it. Of course, Im pretty sure I just have a blood so eh.

Watermelon Daiquiri has a new favorite as of 21:45 on Mar 25, 2019

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Do you get a special prize for scoring a twofer?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Cancer and blood condition (No platelets!). So I am like double not donating.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Trabant posted:

Which reminds me of my favourite joke:

Two cows are standing in a field. One of them goes "Hey, you worried about this Mad Cow Disease thing that's been going around?" The other one says "What do I care, I'm a helicopter."

No, my sense of humour hasn't advanced in the last 20+ years, why do you ask?

I know it as “yeah, so glad I’m a chicken!”

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Scratch Monkey posted:

DUNT DUNT

tainted blood

oohWhoaoh

DUNT DUNT

tainted blood

DON'T TRANSFUSE ME
YOU'VE GOT HEPATITIS C

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

They even put him up against a striped background so you can get a feeling for how tall he is.

He is precisely 5 buckets tall. It's uncanny.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

So couldn't people that are gay or have had false positives just lie about it on the paperwork?

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs
...and don't forget about folks that were in Europe in the '80s. May have that Mad Cow! (That's me... well, the Europe in 80s, not the... mad... anyway.)

Content: WE RIDE!

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I learned in school in the 80's that gay blood turns people gay. You're saying this policy should be re-examined? Interesting.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Its cool, talking about it is the point after all :v:

Man, where the gently caress did Godzilla find a pill that big full of drugs?

Also I didn't know Godzilla is a straight edge bitch.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Scathach posted:

So couldn't people that are gay or have had false positives just lie about it on the paperwork?

That doesn't change how loving backward and offensive the policy is homes

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Scathach posted:

Couldn't the World start treating LGBTQ people with actual respect instead of bullshit lip service?

I'm also a possible Mad Cow carrier and nothing was as fun as being harassed during school blood drives of "being afraid of needles".

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

jit bull transpile posted:

That doesn't change how loving backward and offensive the policy is homes

Of course it doesn't and that's not what I'm saying. But like if someone asks me if I've been having gay sex lately before donating blood I'm going to lie my rear end off. I figured everyone did.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Scathach posted:

Of course it doesn't and that's not what I'm saying. But like if someone asks me if I've been having gay sex lately before donating blood I'm going to lie my rear end off. I figured everyone did.

I'm glad you're so chill about systemic oppression :rolleyes:

TontoCorazon posted:

Man, where the gently caress did Godzilla find a pill that big full of drugs?

Also I didn't know Godzilla is a straight edge bitch.

Godzilla must save his body for monster sized dunks

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I'm glad you're so chill about systemic oppression :rolleyes:

I'm bisexual and have all the delightful perks of getting oppressed for who I have sex with, dumbass. So totally, very chill about the people that make horrid prejudiced laws about me. :rolleyes:

More pictures, less dumb assumptions. God goons.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I think the reasoning is that heterosexual couples have this much sex, lesbians have no sex, gays have copious amounts of flabbergasting sex at all times and very risquély, leading to elevated risk of blood borne contagion, which is bad.

Only take blood from certified butt uggos is what I'm saying.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Scathach posted:

I'm bisexual and have all the delightful perks of getting oppressed for who I have sex with, dumbass. So totally, very chill about the people that make horrid prejudiced laws about me. :rolleyes:

I'm bi too moron, it doesn't matter who you are or what your orientation is, saying "why don't you just lie and hide who you are to pass for a prejudiced and known bullshit rule" is a tone deaf and lovely thing to say.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I think you missed my point. I'll happily lie until this bullshit law is repealed. I figured everyone else just did that too, same for false positives. Like if there isn't some way for them to find out and reject your blood, gently caress it.

E:

Scathach has a new favorite as of 23:12 on Mar 25, 2019

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Karate Bastard posted:

I think the reasoning is that heterosexual couples have this much sex, lesbians have no sex, gays have copious amounts of flabbergasting sex at all times and very risquély, leading to elevated risk of blood borne contagion, which is bad.

Only take blood from certified butt uggos is what I'm saying.

This truly is a seriously good argument in favor of being gay tho

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Scathach posted:

I think you missed my point. I'll happily lie until this bullshit law is repealed. I figured everyone else just did that too, same for false positives. Like if there isn't some way for them to find out and reject your blood, gently caress it.

The problem is lying is a good way to wind up in legal trouble and you know how nice the legal system is to us sexual minorities.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Karate Bastard posted:

Uhhhhhhhh...

UUHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

That's almost an armful!

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Scathach posted:

I too brag about having sex that didn't happen to get out of needles.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

jit bull transpile posted:

The problem is lying is a good way to wind up in legal trouble and you know how nice the legal system is to us sexual minorities.

Truth

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ok there is this guy I could hook you up with, built like a god damned manatee and with a face like two of them taking down a luchador, can't sing for poo poo, takes regular walks, eats vegs and only ever talks about Magic: The Gathering. What do you say what kind of finder's fee are we talking here?

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 23:16 on Mar 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Seriously, just admit to being a virgin when you give blood and you can be all the gay you want.

And they changed it? last time I read the paperwork it said no gay sex after 1979 or you were banned.