Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

The Bee posted:

How does the customization work with tournaments? Was it banned in Injustice 2, or did they let players fiddle with it?

I don't know about tournamnets, but I think in Injustice 2 it was done poorly from a local multiplayer standpoint. Player 2 couldn't use any of the customized things including costumes. (unless they patched it but they didn't last time I played it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

since there's no way any sane human being could ever unlock every custom move in Injustice 2 it was probably less of an issue for that game. If you had a certain move for Superman in your game, there's like a 5% chance a tournament PS4 would have it because poo poo's all random unlocks.

Ed Boon mentioned there would be "normalized" variants for MK11 which makes me assume the default 3 for each kharacter they've put in the game will be the standard.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Gavok posted:

My choice for never-gonna-happen-but-I-want-it-anyway DLC is The Warrior King.

He was a He-Man-like character who showed up in a four-part crossover between the Street Fighter, Savage Dragon, Mortal Kombat and Wing Commander cartoons. Put him in there with an ending revealing that Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat is finally going to happen.

Holy motherfucking poo poo. For loving 20 years now, my best friend went on and on about some grand crossover he remembered seeing as a kid in cartoons involving some sort of orb bouncing around from cartoon to cartoon. And I was always like 'you're loving insane, that never happened.' And now I find out he was right.

Well. Sort of. He said one of the cartoons involved was Beast Wars, and since I watched that religiously as a kid, I'd have known which is why I called bullshit so easily.

Man. That article's right, who even owns the rights to Warrior King? Someone should tweet Boon and ask to have him in.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Holy motherfucking poo poo. For loving 20 years now, my best friend went on and on about some grand crossover he remembered seeing as a kid in cartoons involving some sort of orb bouncing around from cartoon to cartoon. And I was always like 'you're loving insane, that never happened.' And now I find out he was right.
Much less obscure but this is how I felt when a classmate told me about the Street Fighter animated movie back in the day. "There's blood and cursing... and they show Chun Li NAKED!!" Yeah sure kid. :jerkbag:

Then the Mortal Kombat movie came out and it didn't have any gore, which made the Street Fighter thing sound like even more of an urban legend.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Minidust posted:

Much less obscure but this is how I felt when a classmate told me about the Street Fighter animated movie back in the day. "There's blood and cursing... and they show Chun Li NAKED!!" Yeah sure kid. :jerkbag:

Like it came off as even more of an urban legend when the Mortal Kombat movie came out and it didn't have any gore.

In that kid's defence, that was a VERY well travelled gaming urban legend, I think EGM might have even done a April Fool's thing with it

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Current day Ash would be hilarious, and fit really well. He fatalities would be BRUTAL.

Eric Andre would be hilarious too

EA: I know you, you're Mello Mike

Kano: You got the wrong guy

EA: You seem chill, can I have your credit card number?

Kano: *Spits on ground*

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

El Gallinero Gros posted:

In that kid's defence, that was a VERY well travelled gaming urban legend, I think EGM might have even done a April Fool's thing with it

It’s not an urban legend. Chunners has a shower scene in the old Street Fighter 2 OVA.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Current day Ash would be hilarious, and fit really well. He fatalities would be BRUTAL.

Eric Andre would be hilarious too

EA: I know you, you're Mello Mike

Kano: You got the wrong guy

EA: You seem chill, can I have your credit card number?

Kano: *Spits on ground*

Eric Andre would be worth it even as a joke character just for the pre-match banter. Too bad Rudy has already been confirmed as a guest character.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbMqcFvtMN8

New story trailer showing off Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Jax.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rhonne posted:

New story trailer showing off Johnny Cage punching Kano in the dick in slow motion

Fixed that for ya :colbert:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Rhonne posted:

loving Johnny Cage, man. :allears:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

Fixed that for ya :colbert:

Well I didn't want to ruin the surprise!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

loving kang with the dragon summon fatality, god drat

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Finally a good shot of Kitana!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Young Jax looks younger than his daughter. Also older Jax looks like he totally joins the evil time gang.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Every time I think they've hit the limit of how Kung Lao can slice a dude up, they find a new arrangement.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Huh looks like Kitana is her MK3 version, makes sense that’s Boon’s favorite of the series.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
That trailer is loving awesome

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I can not be more hyped for this, holy poo poo.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I am seriously considering a third major gaming purchase in a year. I can't even remember the last time I was this hyped about a game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Rhonne posted:

Looks like there's also a brief shot of Cassie pounding Erron Black(?) in slow motion.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

The music for that trailer is perfect. Really happy to see that Liu Kang has a dragon fatality again.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Kung lao is from the past, he's quoting old Staples commercials.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I miss Geras' weird blue blood but other than that, everything in this was hype as gently caress. I can't wait for Kung and Liu's Bogus Journey.

Jax looks loving great. Amazing how big of a leap this game is from MKX in the graphics and facial animation department. Characters like Kung Lao, Liu Kang, and Kitana actually look more Asian.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

Characters like Kung Lao, Liu Kang, and Kitana actually look more Asian.

I liked being able to see an actual reaction on Kung and Liu's faces when Geras got back up.

blinking beacon nose
Nov 1, 2004

birthday frog comes bearing gifts and special birthday wishes

Rhonne posted:

Young Jax looks younger than his daughter. Also older Jax looks like he totally joins the evil time gang.

As long as we get "I'm too old for this poo poo" Jax again, I'm good. They can have whatever other Jaxes they want. :hellyeah:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
And the look in Kano's eye when Johnny punches his balls.

Their graphics team is knocking it out of the park.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

MK turning into an incredible character driven franchise with impeccable marketing is just hilarious.

gently caress that trailer rules.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
MK is one of the few fighting games that somehow make me give a poo poo about their characters outside of how fun they are to play. It is insane how well they do this now.

If they announced a loving turn-based RPG in the series I would still probably jump all over it just to see the plot.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Rhonne posted:

Jacqui's third costume in the kombat kast was also similar to the bad guys theme, so the modern day Briggs family seems to sell out to Kronika?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jerkface posted:

MK turning into an incredible character driven franchise with impeccable marketing is just hilarious.

It's probably the only fighting game storyline that's interesting since Soul Calibur's just not that compelling and the Street Fighter timeline is so hosed up / SF5's story mode was the most boring Interpol drama imaginable.

The OG roster of MK1 up to now has had an insane evolution. Liu Kang's had a loving whirlwind of a story going from plain vanilla hero to outright murdered to zombie to fallen hero and now split between potential savior again / king of the Netherrealm. Sonya married Johnny Cage and raised the New "Winner" of Mortal Kombat. Sub-Zero was killed for his rear end in a top hat deeds and came back as Noob Saibot. Scorpion found redemption and went from demonic villain to anti-hero. Raiden became the biggest fuckup in the galaxy. And Kano, well, Kano grew sideburns and developed an accent.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

DLC Inc posted:

It's probably the only fighting game storyline that's interesting since Soul Calibur's just not that compelling and the Street Fighter timeline is so hosed up / SF5's story mode was the most boring Interpol drama imaginable.

The OG roster of MK1 up to now has had an insane evolution. Liu Kang's had a loving whirlwind of a story going from plain vanilla hero to outright murdered to zombie to fallen hero and now split between potential savior again / king of the Netherrealm. Sonya married Johnny Cage and raised the New "Winner" of Mortal Kombat. Sub-Zero was killed for his rear end in a top hat deeds and came back as Noob Saibot. Scorpion found redemption and went from demonic villain to anti-hero. Raiden became the biggest fuckup in the galaxy. And Kano, well, Kano grew sideburns and developed an accent.

Don't forget Secret Character Reptile, who became more of a lizard guy, gets his rear end kicked in every fight he's ever in, and then gets cut from the roster!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Pretty sure Kano was supposed to be Chinese in MK1, then the movie happened and the rest is history.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

And Kano, well, Kano grew sideburns and developed an accent.

And he got a chest thingy!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

And don't forget all the fan rumors and glitches that became important characters like Error Macro and Skarlet.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Reptile deserves mad props for being the first secret character and avatar for the dragon king but his designs have become just so boring (MK9's was a loving travesty) and has been a jobber for years. He deserves to get bumped off the " resident freak" slot on the roster for Baraka and Shao Kahn's new right hand freak, The Kollector

gently caress I forgot Kano got a groovy chest timepiece and traded in his pajamas for a proto-futurist uniform

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Rhonne posted:

Pretty sure Kano was supposed to be Chinese in MK1, then the movie happened and the rest is history.

From what I've heard he was supposed to be Japanese-American.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I like how they've finally designed the ultimate MK jobber, who the heroes can straight up kill after kicking his rear end and he just comes back later anyway.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I like how they've finally designed the ultimate MK jobber, who the heroes can straight up kill after kicking his rear end and he just comes back later anyway.

This is Reptile erasure

EDIT - Wait, is this post talking about Reptile or Kano?

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Time travel was brought back to the series so they could kill Baraka 6 times in story mode

Nodosaur posted:

This is Reptile erasure

EDIT - Wait, is this post talking about Reptile or Kano?

I'm guessing it was targeted at Geras