Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Blaze Dragon posted:

You'll actually be the monarch yourself. That's how the Galar League works, the Champion is immediately crowned king/queen and will remain as such until they're beaten.

Pretty ballsy of Nintendo to make you brutally murder the reigning champion for the title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Vegetable posted:

In Ultra Sun/Moon some mons only appear when it rains. For example in that Lush Jungle. Is weather entirely random? Or how do I engineer rain to happen?
Bulbapedia has a list: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rain#On_the_field
Many places like the Lush Jungle only have rain between 5pm and 6pm.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/jayytgamer/status/1109982770791624704?s=21

I do like how Bewear is basically the strongest Pokémon now

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

bobjr posted:

I love how Bewear has adopted Team Rocket :3:

Bug lady made a huge mistake messing with Bewear's children.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Such a pity it took them wasting Buzzwole, Xurkitree, Blacephalon, Stakataka, Poipole, Naganadel, Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma to finally get the Ultra Beasts right

I forgive Celesteela because they actually treat its launch like a serious threat to the surrounding area because oh hey, rocket launches are in fact dangerous affairs

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Such a pity it took them wasting Buzzwole, Xurkitree, Blacephalon, Stakataka, Poipole, Naganadel, Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma to finally get the Ultra Beasts right

I forgive Celesteela because they actually treat its launch like a serious threat to the surrounding area because oh hey, rocket launches are in fact dangerous affairs
Man I have not tried to follow the Ultra Beasts and I was so sure you were making most of these names up

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Vegetable posted:

Man I have not tried to follow the Ultra Beasts and I was so sure you were making most of these names up

Noob.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

bobjr posted:

Okay. Even I have to admit this scene was badass. Bewear freaking rules.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Vegetable posted:

Same, but I also thought Bewear was an ultra beast.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I love how Bewear has adopted Team Rocket :3:

Bug lady made a huge mistake messing with Bewear's children.

Wait, is Bewear punching Pheromosa in the leg a reference to Jotaro's fight with DIO? Normally I wouldn't be so quick to assume, but after seeing G Gundam references earlier, the possibility can't be ruled out.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Vinylshadow posted:

They did not waste Buzzwole at all. It was perfect.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rudoku posted:

They did not waste Buzzwole at all. It was perfect.

The Snorlax Balloon bit was a little weird though

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Vinylshadow posted:

The Snorlax Balloon bit was a little weird though

Real mosquitoes do this so a 7 foot tall one would do that to potential prey.

Although I'm now wondering what on earth they feed on in its home world... Maybe something the size of a Cloverfield monster.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lightrook posted:

Wait, is Bewear punching Pheromosa in the leg a reference to Jotaro's fight with DIO? Normally I wouldn't be so quick to assume, but after seeing G Gundam references earlier, the possibility can't be ruled out.

The way Bewear walks up is an Evangelion ref at least

https://twitter.com/GregsVice/status/1109964251165151233

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nasgate posted:

Same, but I also thought Bewear was an ultra beast.

Nah, it's just a terrifying murder bear.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

like chimera from mother 3, but there’s no off button.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kinda seems like the show is good whenever it gets posted in here???

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

kinda seems like the show is good whenever it gets posted in here???

maybe so but what about at other times

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sun and Moon changed up the formula for the series. Ash enrolled in a Pokemon school and so they focus more on characters and day to day life since they're not travelling around to gyms. It's still a kid's show but it's at least doing something original.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
They switched from shounen battle anime (a tried and true genre) to slice of life comedy with minor battle elements (another tried and true anime genre). I wouldn't really say they're doing something original, they're just doing it with cute animals as the centrepoint, which as it turns out works really well.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

slice of life should be the only anime genre

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Ash is back to Pokemon school? You gotta feel bad for him after all these years.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

YaketySass posted:

Ash is back to Pokemon school? You gotta feel bad for him after all these years.

I mean Ash has yet to become a champion, he has to be doing something wrong.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the pokemon anime is just the story of one of the millions of trainers who gets all the badges but then fails to go pro

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the theme song says "i wanna be the very best" not "i am the very best"

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

bobjr posted:

Well... poo poo.

If only she was that good in the game.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Mesadoram posted:

Well... poo poo.

Assault vest helps.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I looked it up and apparently Guzma is FINALLY going to be in the anime this season, when that happens someone please let me know.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Mesadoram posted:

Well... poo poo.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mesadoram posted:

Well... poo poo.

She’s accurate in Smash Bros at least.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I looked it up and apparently Guzma is FINALLY going to be in the anime this season, when that happens someone please let me know.

He shows up in next week's episode. Not entirely sure why it took so long since Team Skull has been around since the start (though they don't show up all that much) and we've already been through the whole Lusamine arc but the anime has typically always played fast and loose with the story of the games.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

We've been through the Lusamine and Ultra Necrozma arc, so it looks like he'll be participating in the Alola League, or sabotaging it, since he's furious Kukui has set it up.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Crosspeice posted:

We've been through the Lusamine and Ultra Necrozma arc, so it looks like he'll be participating in the Alola League, or sabotaging it, since he's furious Kukui has set it up.

Wait, what? Why?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

BlazetheInferno posted:

Wait, what? Why?

We'll have to wait until the episode airs to find out, but it's probably jealously and animosity toward Kukui himself.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

BlazetheInferno posted:

Wait, what? Why?

We'll find out next week, but it's probably related to those two's history together. The game only references it a little and points out they both failed the island challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcTITXy5fsk
In Which Ryan Reynolds Canonizes The Right Way To Pronounce Arceus

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Oh wait, you guys mean Guzma's mad.

For some reason I thought you meant Ash. Yeah, ignore me and proceed.

BlazetheInferno fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Mar 26, 2019

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
Bruh put Pheromosa in smash

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Thwack! posted:

Bruh put Pheromosa in smash

:yeah:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Actually should be at least one playable Ultra Beast in a spinoff, if not Smash then maybe Pokken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Wasn't Pheromosa so good in pokemon that Smogon had to ban her?