Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sefer posted:

His body hair falls off in the penultimate panel.

Wow I'm not paying enough attention per update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Every Puri Puri interaction since the first is wonderful.

It says a lot about how bad the first was, that the scales have yet to be balanced.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Elfface posted:

Every Puri Puri interaction since the first is wonderful.

It says a lot about how bad the first was, that the scales have yet to be balanced.
is his change from “awful stereotype” to “slightly less awful stereotype with heart of gold” as stark in the ONE version? i noticed the same thing, and figured ONE got some, ahem, feedback on the character

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

skaianDestiny posted:

"I rape only bad guys" is still rape.

I for one am glad that Puri Puri made all those serial killers his boyfriends

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TenementFunster posted:

rape victims? they’re clearly all his boyfriends, or else he wouldn’t call them that
:yikes:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Appropriate avatar.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I did find it amusing how one of them knitted Puri-Puri a sweater which implied at least one prisoner actually had romantic feelings for the guy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like the cat Cadre

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

TenementFunster posted:

is his change from “awful stereotype” to “slightly less awful stereotype with heart of gold” as stark in the ONE version? i noticed the same thing, and figured ONE got some, ahem, feedback on the character

No hes p much exactly like this in the webcomic. He gets less lines (everyone gets A LOT less dialogue compared to Murata's) but hes essentially the same.
Honestly I cant wait for the end of this Arc so i can do comparisons between the two versions.

(Angel Crawl is a direct Murata-ing of a panel in the Webcomic btw. Absolutely love these kinds of touches.)

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 24, 2019

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I understand he is a stereotype in Asia but since I'm not familiar with Asia this is just a huge buff guy making serial killers his bitches while swimming through walls

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

skaianDestiny posted:

"I rape only bad guys" is still rape.

I call it justice.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hamelekim posted:

I call it justice.

:chloe:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

I understand he is a stereotype in Asia but since I'm not familiar with Asia this is just a huge buff guy making serial killers his bitches while swimming through walls

the stereotype is that homosexuals are rapists it's disgusting.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Puri Puri Prisoner's defining characteristic is that he is a prisoner and magical girl, there's no evidence to suggest he is gay.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
ye he called those serial killers his boy friends because they are boys and his friends puri puri is a pure child plz no shame

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Puri Puri Prisoner's defining characteristic is that he is a prisoner and magical girl, there's no evidence to suggest he is gay.

His introduction has him literally state he can't help himself from assaulting men he sees.

Anyway, this thread is full of very lukewarm tastes. Look people, it's okay to say you like his character because otherwise he's a fun one like the other OPM cast members, just acknowledge ONE hosed up in this regard.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
no

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"problematic fave"
A good boy who is also a really terrible boy.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

"actually sexual assault is exactly how we should punish criminals" is the worst take

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Is it more humane to make serial killers into boyfriends or to have them be executed? :grin:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im not surprised to see people thinking rape is a valid form of punishment since thats a constant joke for dudes going to prison

hell, even major movies like guardians of the galaxy have them

rape jokes aren't funny hth

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwMukKqx-Os

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

you ain't george carlin and you ain't ever gonna be george carlin

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Wow that is a great observation AND post

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

skaianDestiny posted:

Anyway, this thread is full of very lukewarm tastes. Look people, it's okay to say you like his character because otherwise he's a fun one like the other OPM cast members, just acknowledge ONE hosed up in this regard.
Well put.

I didn't realise "gay men are all rapists" was a stereotype.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Eonwe is right.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It would have been way more funny if he just forced them to do cutesy poo poo like have tea parties and nail painting circles.

Though both of those sound fun so maybe that isn't much of a punishment.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
This chapter was great and Puri Puri Prisoner was fun in it. It is possible to enjoy a fictional character without liking every aspect of that character.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

This chapter was great and Puri Puri Prisoner was fun in it. It is possible to enjoy a fictional character without liking every aspect of that character.

:emptyquote:

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

It's okay to like Puri Puri for his manly magical girl schtick while also acknowledging that he represents a really awful stereotype and prolonged prison rape "joke".

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The only thing we can safely assume about Puri Puri Prisoner is that he is an average adult male who cares about people and believes in love.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
Y'all need Jesus in your lives.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
the two page spread was awesome

puri puri: worth it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Conot posted:

It's okay to like Puri Puri for his manly magical girl schtick while also acknowledging that he represents a really awful stereotype and prolonged prison rape "joke".

ya i agree

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the strongest monsters in the comic one punch man:

- dog
- cat
- water
- ugly man
- homeless man
- sperm
- insatiably ravenous thumb

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

TheKingslayer posted:

It would have been way more funny if he just forced them to do cutesy poo poo like have tea parties and nail painting circles.

Though both of those sound fun so maybe that isn't much of a punishment.

That's actually a genuinely good idea

Instead of that awful prison rape joke, he genuinely thinks he can help reform the worst criminals on the planet by fostering a sense of friendship and community

Except the inmates don't like tea parties and embroidery club at all, and Puri Puri Prisoner keeps misunderstanding their heinous murder attempts as the lashing out of misunderstood troubled youths because he's so darn tough, so it's a neverending circle of Puri Puri Prisoner coming up with fun cutesy activities and despicable serial killers being too stupid and awkward to just say they don't want to do it

Except that one guy, who's way fuckin into it and made that precious sweater

I like that variant better

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Torquemadras posted:

That's actually a genuinely good idea

Instead of that awful prison rape joke, he genuinely thinks he can help reform the worst criminals on the planet by fostering a sense of friendship and community

Except the inmates don't like tea parties and embroidery club at all, and Puri Puri Prisoner keeps misunderstanding their heinous murder attempts as the lashing out of misunderstood troubled youths because he's so darn tough, so it's a neverending circle of Puri Puri Prisoner coming up with fun cutesy activities and despicable serial killers being too stupid and awkward to just say they don't want to do it

Except that one guy, who's way fuckin into it and made that precious sweater

I like that variant better

I am now rewriting my memories to make this canon, while also keeping Puri as a gay man who is attracted to other men (particularly twinks) in a fully consensual manner.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

EimiYoshikawa posted:

I am now rewriting my memories to make this canon, while also keeping Puri as a gay man who is attracted to other men (particularly twinks) in a fully consensual manner.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I always wanted to assumed he protected people from being assaulted in prison out of pure love and that's why he got so strong.

I... want to believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I wish Watchdog Man would leave his stoop for five minutes for one good fight at the monster den but we all know there'd be nothing left for the other heroes to fight then :(