Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i hope kenshi 2 puts in some of the stuff that mods do in 1, like more crazy starts, more fleshed out animals, more races/subraces.

i think its a prequel which is interesting, i wonder if its old empire or second empire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

According to the timeline given, second, though that doesn't matter much really

I'd say it is going to be the second though, mostly because I don't think the first empire would make for a very good game; from what we know of it, everything was relatively high tech and safe, so I don't see how we'd have much in the way of danger the way we do with the current Kenshi.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i hope kenshi 2 puts in some of the stuff that mods do in 1, like more crazy starts, more fleshed out animals, more races/subraces.
This is really exactly the kind of thing that mods are for, making the core systems more solid and adding new mechanics (like, say, dual wielding) would probably be better time investment.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I hope Kenshi 2 has more Kenshi.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Leal posted:

I hope Kenshi 2 has more Kenshi.

:hai:

Is there any mod or a way to "retire" a character and have them become a NPC in town or wandering that you could encounter them again? I know I can just dump people out of the party but I haven't tried it to see what happens to the character afterward. I like to take in escaping slaves but I have a bunch of them kinda filling up my ranks right now and nothing for them to really do. I'd like to set them loose with their new skills and equipment and a backpack full of food to do their own thing.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Gadzuko posted:

:hai:

Is there any mod or a way to "retire" a character and have them become a NPC in town or wandering that you could encounter them again? I know I can just dump people out of the party but I haven't tried it to see what happens to the character afterward. I like to take in escaping slaves but I have a bunch of them kinda filling up my ranks right now and nothing for them to really do. I'd like to set them loose with their new skills and equipment and a backpack full of food to do their own thing.

There is. It's in the steam workshop but I can't remember the name. It's "a second life" or something similar. When disbanded they join the nearest group/ faction.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Carcer posted:

That is the longest unconscious timer I've ever seen though, what exactly did you hit him with.

The bandit was crawling away with a missing leg while the rest of his friends were getting beat up. Then my two martial artists ran him down and finished him off with two flying kicks simultaneously hitting from opposing sides. The only reason I even bothered to click on him was that I was pretty sure he was killed instantly.

I think the highest unconscious timer I've seen was a little over 3,500 which happened when I came upon a dust bandit on the ground getting beaten on by four shek town guards at the same time LAPD style.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 25, 2019

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Game 2 is going well, me, Hobbs, and Heft are making some money mining, we've bought and fixed up a shack in the Hub, and now we're working on furnishing it. We've had a couple of fights that we survived too, because we ran to the guards and the bandits got their poo poo pushed in REAL hard lol. Turns out looting the corpses of the dead is pretty profitable!

Who do you hand in unconscious bounties to? I was carrying a dude around for a bit worth a couple of thousand cats, but none of the guards cared.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Ms Adequate posted:

Who do you hand in unconscious bounties to? I was carrying a dude around for a bit worth a couple of thousand cats, but none of the guards cared.
You need to go the local faction HQ. Not the overall faction HQ, just the place where the local guards are stationed. I'm phrasing it weirdly here because they're named a bit inconsistently and you might not find what you're looking for if I just told to go to the barracks, but that's basically where you need to be. You can recognize them by how they have actual banners with the faction's logo hanging off the walls nearby the door. In there, you should be able to find a commanding officer who can actually be talked to.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I got spoiled settling in Holy Nation lands where you only occasionally have any bandit raids and the biggest threat is resisting slapping a bitch. I tried settling in the valley between Squin and Vain, got repeatedly wiped by beak things before even getting iron production set up. Now I'm on a butte between Squin and the Hub, getting repeatedly beat the gently caress down by endless waves of ninjas and dust bandits, with the Band of Bones thrown in occasionally for variety. I'm glad most of my crew is skeletons, but I'm starting to run out of repair kits and will need to make a supply run to get materials for a robot bed soon (I'm using the robotics start, which starts you with robotics crafting and the bed unlocked).

e: For whoever was wondering how to remove the faction tags from armor, I found a way. I managed to beat down a Black Dragon Genin and recruit her, and her armor no longer has the Black Dragon Ninja uniform tags. So dress a random hungry bandit in Lord Phoenix's armor, recruit him, and enjoy your cool-rear end shirt. This was with the Prisoner Recruitment mod, not sure if Paradise Falls has the same functionality.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 26, 2019

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Cardiovorax posted:

You need to go the local faction HQ. Not the overall faction HQ, just the place where the local guards are stationed. I'm phrasing it weirdly here because they're named a bit inconsistently and you might not find what you're looking for if I just told to go to the barracks, but that's basically where you need to be. You can recognize them by how they have actual banners with the faction's logo hanging off the walls nearby the door. In there, you should be able to find a commanding officer who can actually be talked to.

Ah okay, thanks! I will have to find another town for that I guess.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Mouse over the bounty box and it'll show you which jurisdictions they're wanted in. Not everyone is wanted by every faction

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Turns out it doesn't matter much right now because we went on a little jaunt to Squin. We got there fine, did some shopping, and set back out for home - only to be ambushed by a BUNCH of hungry bandits. We gave a good account of ourselves, but they had numbers on their side so they robbed us of all our food and ran. While I was starting to patch everyone up, a big gang of slavers came by and decided they quite liked those free slaves they just found.

Now, granted, they did patch us up very effectively, but on the other hand, gently caress. Now we're being hauled across the map in directions I've never been for a fate unknown. But we're going to break out somehow, this I swear. And then the slavers and hungry boys are all going to pay.

e; lol our attempt to bust out when the slavers got attacked by bonedogs didn't go as planned

e2; holy poo poo a load more came in and wiped out the slavers lmao. oh poo poo none of them actually died though, one of them stood up and healed a second, who healed a third, etc., and we were all in comas so we were recaptured.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 26, 2019

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
it's already too late for you, but if you're about to be enslaved hide your weapons in your bag or those dicks will steal them along with your freedom.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Take a cue from the anti-slavers and train MA until you can rip through their shackles with your bare hands and do a flying kick so hard it explodes three of them at once

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Is it possible to get enslaved as a skeleton? Every time I've been enslaved they let me die from unjuried

Also what's a good way to train lockpicking and stealth?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Jarvisi posted:

Is it possible to get enslaved as a skeleton? Every time I've been enslaved they let me die from unjuried

Also what's a good way to train lockpicking and stealth?

you can get enslaved as a skeleton but the guards dont carry repair kits so they can't do first aid on you

an effective way ive found to train stealth outside of slavery is there is a big ruin at the end of the river where the western hivers live, and its a mini town absolutely swarming with blood spiders. if you go there at night and sneak around behind the buildings you can raise stealth very very rapidly by just moving in circles because there are soooo many bugs remaining out of line of sight and in the dark will stop them seeing you, but you seem to get xp per enemy you sneak around.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
You can get similar results by running around outside a waystation or dust bandit camp. But the blood spiders is probably better for shear numbers.

Achewater
Apr 20, 2016
Alright, those guys who wanted that beak thing mod uploaded : it's done, and I added dialogue too.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1694574920

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
:stare:

Literally hell on earth.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
:pusheen:

On a unrelated note, I delimbed Sadneil and now he has a rebooting time of 32,000.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Perfection

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Achewater posted:

Alright, those guys who wanted that beak thing mod uploaded : it's done, and I added dialogue too.

AHAHAHAHA YESSSSS

Would I have to restart/import my game for this to work, or can I just download?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Achewater posted:

Tell your friend he is a horrible, horrible person. I love it.

quote:

Would I have to restart/import my game for this to work, or can I just download?
Just download. It doesn't change the world state, just textures and chatter.

Achewater
Apr 20, 2016
I am actually the friend in question (Anticheese was the one who ratted me out initially), and yes I am. Thanks :)

And yes, you can just download, no import needed.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Sorry man, I'm awful with names. :sweatdrop:

DONT DO IT
Jun 5, 2008

this level will be fun guys
Anyone know which 'bandit' (or non bandit) factions are immediately hostile towards eachother? I made a crappy thunderdome to train my main character in martial arts and I might as well go all out. I know there's a mod that makes some bandits hate eachother, but does it also work with recruit prisoners?

All seating in my town will be around the fighting pit. I can turn AI 'sitting around' on before the match for a crowd. I can even put some shop counters around with cheap crap for the wandering mercenaries. Someone should make a gambling mod.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

All of the factions in the southeast (reavers, crabby bois, hivers, various skellies) are completely hostile toward each other by default, so that is probably the easiest place to recruit thunderdome contestants

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Starving Bandits and everyone

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
get this for extra thunderdome: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1588794048

edit: oops you already mentioned it

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Just bought this game as it seems extremely my.jam.

What are newbie tips? I built a house in the hub and sprinted to a different town. Got that Hobbs dude. Mined some Cooper to buy some blades. I think I got a good handle on the whole choose your own adventure aspect but what are Good things to.know?

How do I make building materials? I want to make my own space

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ive changed my mind about fast travel, going slow makes the later game where all your characters have athletics of 70+ and you can get anywhere in no time flat feel way more significant. My team is now 18 people and we've settled a base in the northwestern-most corner of the map. Roaming Garru's are a surprisingly big threat, but now that walls are up it's been very safe. The only raiders that come to you are from the Bone Desert, but the ones heading to my base got stuck on some geometry a long ways away and havent moved for 20 days. Another really interesting piece of news is that Leviathans will not retaliate against Mounted Harpoon Guns (at least on walls), so you can just pelt them until they die and get the pearl, while also getting the turret skill of anyone who does this from from 1 up to 20. I've got the trading caravan of two people and two Garrus running at full speed from my base to World's End, outrunning any cannibal who tries to give chase, I'm trying to cash in enough money to buy up weapon/armor blueprints and then all the science/engineering books I need to finish the last of the research projects.

I think once I get my team fully geared up I'll head south and head to what I heard are the endgame areas, then probably take a break before looking at mods to try another playthrough where maybe I don't do prison cheese. Either way, I totally blew my entire spring break on this game, it's very fun and I like it a lot

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Hi I am dumb. I am in a bandit town (shark) and baited stupid people to attack me in a bar while standing 5 feet from obviously super geared mercs. They got hosed up and have a bunch of bounties on them now. I am poor and would like to capitalize on this. Can I sell their asses to the local gang that runs the place somehow? I dont see police and dunno how cashing in a bounty works.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

EmbryoSteve posted:

What are newbie tips? I built a house in the hub and sprinted to a different town. Got that Hobbs dude. Mined some Cooper to buy some blades. I think I got a good handle on the whole choose your own adventure aspect but what are Good things to.know?

Building materials are gotten from putting Stone into a Stone Processor. Building your own place is pretty costly because bandit raids will happen and people will try to extort money from you, it's more of a mid-game thing. The Hub is 90% an incredibly good place to start up a base, but the big problem is that it doesn't have a Well, so you can't grow your own food. You could build a few wells outside of town, but that'll take a lot of time to haul and also building anything outside of town counts as an outpost and will trigger raids. If you don't mind needing to grab all your own food, the Hub rules then. Set up a research bench ASAP and go grab some random party member (there's a few more in Hub you can recruit for 3k cats) and stick them on permanent research duty. Once you get a little farther in the tech tree and see just how much there is to make, you'll get a better idea of when you'll be ready to move out. Like, right now you probably wouldn't even benefit that much from mass production of iron/copper/stone, and you definitely don't have the manpower to maintain that work. Like I said, I have 18 people and like, all but four of them have some sort of permanent job they're always doing. You'll probably want four people alone just to mine and process all the stone you'll need to make building materials to build walls.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

EmbryoSteve posted:

The biggest advice is just that you're going to get beat up a lot, and it's for the best that you don't have save scum your way out of it.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

EmbryoSteve posted:

Getting more people makes you more likely to win fights, or at least patch up and carry off your wounded people after you lose. $3K recruits have no skill at anything, $6K recruits will at least be good at something, and they'll tell you what it is. There are also unique recruits spread across thew world, who are free, or have good stats, or unique dialogue. There are four unique recruits in Mongrel, including everyone's favorite, but getting there can be a bit of a challenge run like a motherfucker

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Hi I am dumb. I am in a bandit town (shark) and baited stupid people to attack me in a bar while standing 5 feet from obviously super geared mercs. They got hosed up and have a bunch of bounties on them now. I am poor and would like to capitalize on this. Can I sell their asses to the local gang that runs the place somehow? I dont see police and dunno how cashing in a bounty works.

Mouse over the bounty and it'll tell you which faction you have to turn them in to. AFAIK nobody in Shark hands out bounties but I could be wrong. Generally there will be a police/HQ building in town with an officer you can talk to

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Clark Nova posted:

Getting more people makes you more likely to win fights, or at least patch up and carry off your wounded people after you lose. $3K recruits have no skill at anything, $6K recruits will at least be good at something, and they'll tell you what it is. There are also unique recruits spread across thew world, who are free, or have good stats, or unique dialogue. There are four unique recruits in Mongrel, including everyone's favorite, but getting there can be a bit of a challenge run like a motherfucker

Mouse over the bounty and it'll tell you which faction you have to turn them in to. AFAIK nobody in Shark hands out bounties but I could be wrong. Generally there will be a police/HQ building in town with an officer you can talk to

I saw a hq, and there was a person there I could speak to, but she wouldn't listen.

Also,

lol glad I was able to walk away. loving bye team. I guess bodyguard at this early in the game was a bad idea?

SnoochtotheNooch fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 27, 2019

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

No that's just blood spiders, they do that no matter what stage of the game you're at. The swamp is a hellzone

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Babe Magnet posted:

No that's just blood spiders, they do that no matter what stage of the game you're at. The swamp is a hellzone

And the range on their attacks is ridiculous, definitely install the mod that makes them less likely to Force Push your head off from a mile away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Dareon posted:

And the range on their attacks is ridiculous, definitely install the mod that makes them less likely to Force Push your head off from a mile away.

Other... non blood spider things happened after that.

So, is this GG? Do I sit here forever? The game makes me think there is still hope to get out of this. But I am literally just chilling in a cell remorsefully repeating "I'm not skilled enough".

loving. owned.

SnoochtotheNooch fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 27, 2019