Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

May's May extension may depend on May leaving before May?

Maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

sorry these are not bigger

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

well I guess that's technically one way to give PJs crust any flavor at all

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

jesus WEP posted:

no no
no no no no
no no no no
no no there’s no mandate

they tried to make a deal for brexit
but i said
no no no

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

so did papa john say abo on a conference call in australia yet

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

JFairfax posted:

sorry these are not bigger
So, a large chunk of Brits have no idea what they actually want so their differences in responses are just based on the superficial language?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Squizzle posted:

marmite is ethically extracted from free range school marms

I thought it was made of marmots in the same sense that bovril is made of bovines.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

So, a large chunk of Brits have no idea what they actually want so their differences in responses are just based on the superficial language?

yes

it's the same thing all over the world

the "average person" as a statistical entity is an absolute dumbass

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yes which is why the wording of referendum is quite important

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
what is the thread title in reference to?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

neutral milf hotel posted:

what is the thread title in reference to?

quote:

So far, despite the clamour from within cabinet, her own whips office, Tory backbenchers, and even some of her own closest allies, the PM has given no indication she is willing to go. One of the many MPs who had a face-to-face meeting with May this week described their own attempt to convince her to set a departure date: “She just went silent and her eyes glazed over.”

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

oh man that's the good stuff

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

The date range is working against those polls too.

Teik
Mar 2, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
It's amazing that somehow the UK can have a worse government than the USA, even with a genuine down syndrome retard at the helm of America and a congress filled with openly evil motherfuckers somehow Britain is even worse, it's a feat really

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
British exceptionalism. :britain:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teik posted:

It's amazing that somehow the UK can have a worse government than the USA, even with a genuine down syndrome retard at the helm of America and a congress filled with openly evil motherfuckers somehow Britain is even worse, it's a feat really

Please do not challenge America to go bigger and eviler

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Teik posted:

:chloe:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Nebakenezzer posted:

He's been rude about my plastic model hobby, I had to let him find his own path

I don't remember this

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Teik posted:

May appears to have some mild form of autism that renders her unable to talk to people without looking at a piece of paper for reference, so it shouldn't be that surprising that they've done so badly.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Samurai Sanders posted:

Not necessarily. My wife voted Remain and thinks Brexit is a stupid idea, but believes that we democratically voted to leave and so we should accept that. She thinks it’s a bad idea to just keep voting until you get the decision you like.
I think that having an “Are you sure you want to go ahead with this, now things are a bit clearer?” confirmation vote is still a democratic thing to do.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Judakel posted:

May appears to have some mild form of autism that renders her unable to talk to people without looking at a piece of paper for reference, so it shouldn't be that surprising that they've done so badly.

when your only actual job is to say fuckin' massive lies it helps to have a printed record keep them straight

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Samurai Sanders posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ZZJXw4MTA

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1110448683672354816?s=19
https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1110452169256456192?s=19

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Will lol if we both Brexit and cancel Brexit to gently caress over a Tory PM.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I'm pretty sure May's husband is some kind of disaster capitalist who's whispering in her ears to stay the course and doom us all, like Wormtongue from lord of the rings.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

kecske posted:

I'm pretty sure May's husband is some kind of disaster capitalist who's whispering in her ears to stay the course and doom us all, like Wormtongue from lord of the rings.

He is

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Samurai Sanders posted:

nah the final/public/peoples vote stuff is a combi of a) 17.4m people voted for you to LEAVE those long french words alone and b) they're supposed to present an actual option and not just free unicorns

papa j is a loving dirtbag but the marmite rolls they make are decent, looking forward to eating a bottom tier pizza and supporting all the bigotries because marmite

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

capitalism is always a disaster

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
It's very hard to keep up, are you guys still brexiting on Friday?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

rapeface posted:

It's very hard to keep up, are you guys still brexiting on Friday?

No

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
not until April 12 i think

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

The Narrator posted:

not until April 12 i think

...depending.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
was everyone drunk when they voted for brexit?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dead Beef posted:

theyre drunk all the time, you don’t get gammony by accident

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dead Beef posted:

The "Leave" campaign was super-shady and committed a million election-law violations. I think there's an article about it in the latest New Yorker.

The Chaotic Triumph of Arron Banks, the “Bad Boy of Brexit”

I haven't read the whole thing, because I get angry and depressed when I go too far.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Also, one of the most popular search terms after the vote:

"What is the EU?"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Stoatbringer posted:

Not necessarily. My wife voted Remain and thinks Brexit is a stupid idea, but believes that we democratically voted to leave and so we should accept that. She thinks it’s a bad idea to just keep voting until you get the decision you like.
I think that having an “Are you sure you want to go ahead with this, now things are a bit clearer?” confirmation vote is still a democratic thing to do.

At the very least people should accept that a new referendum is necessary, when the government has proven itself completely incompetent in implementing the single most important policy change of your entire country.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Captain Splendid posted:

Also, one of the most popular search terms after the vote:

"What is the EU?"
its like when people went on forums asking how to start trading bitcoin options, oh and also what options were

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

At the very least people should accept that a new referendum is necessary, when the government has proven itself completely incompetent in implementing the single most important policy change of your entire country.

We can't have a referendum on everything the inbred fucks fail to achieve mate, there's only seven days in a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Obliterati posted:

We can't have a referendum on everything the inbred fucks fail to achieve mate, there's only seven days in a week

but they've had two whole years to do Brexit so...