Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Half health ADC's not respecting the flash/bind/ignite has gotten me so many kills. So many.

People just underestimate supports and don't expect them to play aggressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

mistaya posted:

Half health ADC's not respecting the flash/bind/ignite has gotten me so many kills. So many.

People just underestimate supports and don't expect them to play aggressive.

And they keep walking up to the unwarded brush. It's great.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah the game before that my adc was 0-6 at 10 minutes because they kept walking nearly into melee range of lux for no reason. Black shield has a long CD at low levels dude

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont know how you can regularly play adc and not know that 90% of meta supports massively out damage you from levels 1-18

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WsKinSzzbw

What does she mean 'really?'

She just stood there and let me kill her. She knew I was in the bush.

I once played an aram with a xayah who kept getting killed by a gangplank in the middle brush and instead of avoiding the brush or scouting it with Q's at all she started raging in allchat all game about how he was cheesing her and should "play right"

never underestimate gamers' capacity to be indignant

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

i dont know how you can regularly play adc and not know that 90% of meta supports massively out damage you from levels 1-18

i exist outside reality and purely in the world of my class fantasy bitch

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

I've had great success this week playing support Maokai and typing "All in lvl 2 at the start of the game to the adc.

I think he's actually probably pretty easy to avoid and poke out, but nobody knows the range on his w.

Camel Camus fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Mar 26, 2019

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Monicro posted:

I once played an aram with a xayah who kept getting killed by a gangplank in the middle brush and instead of avoiding the brush or scouting it with Q's at all she started raging in allchat all game about how he was cheesing her and should "play right"

never underestimate gamers' capacity to be indignant

Yesterday in an aram a Ziggs kept accusing the enemy Xerath of scripting because he hit some semi-blind Qs in the middle brush.

Smol fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Mar 26, 2019

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Not much of an ARAM player but the PBE changes seem positive/interesting.

The backtrack summoner spell thing especially.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I don't like the ARAM changes. I like that the champion balance is wildly different from normal games. Most of the poke champions are eating three separate sets of nerf: the champion specific adjustments, the 900 range damage reduction and the new engage/disengage tools for melee champions.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Agreed, don't care for the changes either.
As long as you have a tank and some waveclear, engage comps are already stronger than pokemen. Harsh warmog nerf too. Thé bans are welcome though, goodbye shaco and kayne!

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I don't want any balancing in Aram, it's a 4fun playmode and I don't want to think about things like bans and strategies. I don't mind losing in champ select when it's just an Aram.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
I don’t mind experimenting with balance changes in aram just to see what evolves, but bans are just gross. They make sense for ARURF because there is no window to counter, but if brand blows his combo on a Maokai in aram, you can still punish him.

A joy of aram is to have those occasional games where at loading screen it’s like “well we’re doomed” and then win anyway. And of course the opposite where you get dumpstered in 9 minutes.

The champion trade shelf was a brilliant addition though

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Playing against shaco is never Fun though.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Balancing ARAM I can understand but why do you have to stick bans on top of them?

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
Because Sona. I bet her winrate is 60±

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

My Aram balance changes:

Everyone is randomly given a champion from the entire game's roster.

No re-rolls.

If you dodge then you get a 2-hour suspension.

Change announcer. Anytime the announcer would say anything it's just Sion''s VO screaming "ALL RANDOM ALL MID".

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Gin posted:

Because Sona. I bet her winrate is 60±

Also Ashe, Ziggs, various other ARAM champs who are basically a free win so long as the person playing them is awake.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

rabidsquid posted:

source your quotes

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Smol posted:

Balancing ARAM I can understand but why do you have to stick bans on top of them?

because mother gently caress aram accounts

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

Ranked ARAM when?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
It feels like Akali is broken now if you know how to play her.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

Assume they succeed in the balancing. Who cares if the enemy team has a Sona and a Ziggs at that point? It just adds an extra minute to champ select.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Sexpansion posted:

It feels like Akali is broken now if you know how to play her.

How so? Just curious, I am way too bad to think about touching akali, and i see her as free win in silver but she has been wrecking in pro play.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Erdricks posted:

How so? Just curious, I am way too bad to think about touching akali, and i see her as free win in silver but she has been wrecking in pro play.

completely unscientific, but I keep seeing it in my games and on high level streams and it seems to be running away with every game

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Why are they giving Garen buffs? Hes a pain in the rear end.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

To try to make him viable in high MMR / competitive, I guess.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

"Pick Garen" has been a growing meme in pro games for a while now since he became the only champ to not have a win in a pro game.

Elizabeth Cluppins
May 12, 2009
I haven't played League in over two years and trying to start again is really frustrating. I'm terrible, I know it - I miss like 80% of my creep last hits and end up at 1/3 to 1/4 of my opponents, forget to ward, have lost most of my game sense and end up being a slight drag on my team - but I still manage to keep a 50%ish win-rate for god knows what reason.

I want to tank my rating, but I just can't do it playing normally. How do I get to the promised land of fellow terrible players?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Nice Shirt posted:

I haven't played League in over two years and trying to start again is really frustrating. I'm terrible, I know it - I miss like 80% of my creep last hits and end up at 1/3 to 1/4 of my opponents, forget to ward, have lost most of my game sense and end up being a slight drag on my team - but I still manage to keep a 50%ish win-rate for god knows what reason.

I want to tank my rating, but I just can't do it playing normally. How do I get to the promised land of fellow terrible players?

try instead practicing last hitting

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Tired Moritz posted:

Why are they giving Garen buffs? Hes a pain in the rear end.

Where are you seeing Garen buffs? Latest patch notes and latest PTR notes don't have anything for him unless I missed something.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Where are you seeing Garen buffs? Latest patch notes and latest PTR notes don't have anything for him unless I missed something.

https://twitter.com/RiotMapleNectar/status/1110614409452281856

Garen still needs a full rework, he's so lovely to play and really bullshit to play against if he has flash and are marked

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Firebert posted:

Garen still needs a full rework, he's so lovely to play and really bullshit to play against if he has flash and are marked

You shut your mouth

Elizabeth Cluppins
May 12, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

try instead practicing last hitting

i think you might be on to something here, thanks

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Firebert posted:

huh? what is wrong with garen? he is pretty satisfying to play

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

huh? what is wrong with garen? he is pretty satisfying to play

Someone got hit with the ol' Flash Skysword

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Garen's Flash+Q+R ADC instagib is the best thing ever for an obnoxiously effective tank

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
ahhhh i wish they'd leave my garen alone

strong bird
May 12, 2009

the top lane inexplicably still exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

strong bird posted:

the top lane inexplicably still exists

Your gimmick made me think you were a top laner tbqh