Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Detheros posted:

Lost internet on Thursday and not getting it back until Wednesday minimum, thanks Mediacom.

On the upside it gave you the spare minutes to finish your time machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
My financé and I found a great townhouse to rent. Despite her having an insanely great credit score, mine is so lovely from student loans that we didn't get it. So yeah. I'll never be able to rent anything but my lovely apartment.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Could have your fiance apply for places and you just live there on their lease. It's what me and my roommates used to do.

JackNamesThePlanets
Jul 5, 2007
Chic or just a glamorous freak?
I got a call back from my doctor about an ultrasound I had done, and apparently I have “non-specific lesions” on my liver. I have to get an MRI and have been referred to a gastroenterologist and I keep freaking out about the possibility that I have liver cancer. This was just supposed to turn out to be a gallstone, not stupid lesions.

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

Friend yelled at me horribly.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I had a delivery (a last-minute gift for a friend) be delayed just long enough (it'll be 9am to 6pm... no it'll be noon... oh sorry it'll be 2pm) that it made everything a mess, schedule wise. Things would've been better had I remembered to bring my phone charger with me, so I could just go point-to-point, but I forgot it at home so everything wound up being pushed back by about two hours or so, plus or minus.

Like, I took the day off so all and all it wasn't a total loss, but it's still annoying.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The mousetrap I set got the mouse, but it didn't get the mouse, unfortunately. So it ran off and suffered with the trap on its face for who knows how long before I got home from work and was able to put it out of its misery. The new snap traps are extremely good, but if they don't land right, they just trap the mouse, they don't kill it instantly, which I don't like, I don't want them to suffer. I'd like to prevent them from getting in altogether so I didn't have to kill them, but with a 170 year old stone foundation house, it's literally impossible to stop them from getting in.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Have you considered getting a house python to fight your mouse problem?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

remember to keep a mongoose or two, just in case

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

Some jackass gave a dumb red text. The original was this pink puffy thing like cotton candy so I didn't initially know it was some pony poo poo. It was just cute. I am stereotypical female and therefore like pink puffy things :/

And hell no i do not like any pony poo poo.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Worthless poo poo company that took over my company has kept us understaffed for two months, and since I'm sick of overtime (literally, I get bloody stools from stress ulcers as well as my IBS flaring up big time if I can't get at least a single day off) I put in my three weeks notice.

It loving sucks, it was a simple security job with decent people, and went from fine to being miserable in the span of two months as a quarter of the staff quit. Current site supervisor can't do anything, they just had a meeting yesterday with the new company and it apparently didn't go well, so it's unlikely that we'll get more staff anytime soon.

gently caress it, whatever, I'm just going to go back to a factory and beat the poo poo out of my body until I can get my house built and paid off.

edit: lmfao just found out today the meeting went so bad said supervisor just changed his three week period before he steps down into a lesser potion into a two week resignation notice. :shepicide:

ryonguy has a new favorite as of 06:49 on Mar 27, 2019

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I got my grade for my big project (the 30% of semester grade one) and I only got an 83%. Last semester, I did a shittier one and got the highest score, 98.5%, and literally everybody I've talked to this semester (including a few profs) say they really liked mine even better this go around. A few people I helped on (as in: did a good third of their projects for them with them sitting at the table) got 95's. These are, like, 20 hour projects. This is also a school where 77 is a C and 76 is a F, BTW.

Also, an instructor today called on me a few times and said, "Sir," she is one I had nicely corrected last week when she did the same thing. This time I said it loudly, so the rest of the class could hear, before answering her question (in a jovial tone - the whole class laughed after I said it for tonal context), "Actually, it's 'ma'am' - it's been about six months and I'm going to be pushing just a little harder on this, but again I'm only asking not demanding," and she still said "sir" when she called on me a third time later on. Same instructor that graded my project, btw :negative:
I am about ten seconds from losing my poo poo
For reference, this is how I dressed today

Afterwards, I walked home, and decided to take the car out and get some "gently caress this poo poo" ice cream, like a blizzard or something.

:siren: :siren: A DEAD BATTERY HAS ENTERED THE GAME :siren: :siren:

Wow. That corrosion (green) showed up in, like, two weeks. I was just under the hood - I check the oil at every other fill-up or so.

Where did the positive terminal go? poof

There should be, like, twice as much terminal there. That's $150 I didn't plan on spending.

While replacing the terminal and hammering on new copper ends, my left hand slipped and caught an edge of sheet metal right under the nail. So now I'm sitting here, holding my left index nail on with my left middle finger, hoping the nail survives (spoiler: it won't)

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

Panic attack.

Had to buy groceries (tasty chicken), now have $2 in bank account. No job to compensate this.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Account McAccount posted:

Some jackass gave a dumb red text. The original was this pink puffy thing like cotton candy so I didn't initially know it was some pony poo poo. It was just cute. I am stereotypical female and therefore like pink puffy things :/

And hell no i do not like any pony poo poo.

People still getting mad about pony avs in 2019. God drat. I am truly and deeply sorry you have to deal with that

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Last day was last night instead of a couple weeks since I'm (hopefully) starting training with a new company tomorrow.

"My day was lovely" part of this post is I missed one of the area supervisors stopping by to huff and puff like a douche on my last shift because I was out on a round. I really wish I could have met him to discuss the "we don't care about the missing headlight on your company vehicle, just use the highbeams" policy (among other things).

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This borders on FWP:

I haven't felt really good lately (physically or mentally), and I think either watching some poo poo on youtube or zoning out with a new video game would do me wonders. But nothing is hitting my brain in the pleasure centers at the moment, so it's a lot of "I know this isn't what I want to play/watch, but this isn't it" and its bringing me down even more.

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

Had to get a cane to walk. I am in my early 30s. I should be running and going to the gym. Fwiw I'm 115lb so weight isn't the issue.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Account McAccount posted:

Had to get a cane to walk. I am in my early 30s. I should be running and going to the gym. Fwiw I'm 115lb so weight isn't the issue.

I feel you. I had to get a cane for the first time at 27. I don't need it all the time now after a lot of physical therapy but I still have it just in case. I've needed it for things like going on long forest walks at times.

poo poo creeps up on you. You aren't alone in that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
a muscle in my lower back decided to throw a tantrum while I was climbing up to start my next shift, so I got hurt literally moments before going back on the clock. It's a slow work night so it's not that big a deal, but it is damned obnoxious, it's that "muscle feels like it's scrunched up into a little knot of pain" sort of thing. ibuprofin will likely fix it, but I have to wait until I get home for that, which means another 4ish hours of feeling this little bastard in my lower left side really make sure I know it's not happy whenever I stretch it even though it's not really injured, just cramped/sore.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I want to watch Our Planet but I read about the walrus stuff, and I know it's going to gently caress me up because I have PTSD from almost dying falling off a cliff and I know I can just skip it but even thinking about it makes me feel destroyed.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I bought a jacket online, and forgot the whole "apparel designed in China is sized somewhat smaller" idiom. The jacket is actually quite nice, but if I try and zip it up it's far too tiny. I don't expect it to be a major problem (in that I bought it as a light spring jacket that you don't need to zip up anyway), but it's still kinda annoying.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
About a thousand sugar ants decided to take up residence inside my electric toothbrush charger and upon disturbance scattered to the four corners of the bathroom, and now there's ants absolutely everywhere

tallest crocodile
Sep 10, 2011

How a TV show about Pre-historic life would reconstruct a goon.
Friend and I applied for the same job, with them applying about a week before me. We both got past the initial round of assessment tests, after two weeks, they got an interview.

Meanwhile, I haven’t gotten called back for an interview and it had already been three weeks, when they called me and told me they got the job.

It’s a fairly large company so there’s still a chance that they’re hiring for more than one position, but I’m no longer holding out hope.

Now I have to pretend to be happy for them when really I’m just super bitter.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Last week I accidentally hit the industrial fan that blows at me at work and got absolutely blasted in the face by the untold ages of dust that has accumulated in them, making me feel unwell from an allergic reaction to the ultrafine dust made of god knows what. I've been sick ever since from the reaction, it's really awful. I went back later and took a video of me whacking the fan with a long rod to knock loose the remaining dust (from behind it, of course), and it blasted just an absolute haze of dust everywhere, loving heinous. Probably an osha violation of some sort with the amount of super fine powdered dust on it.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Co-worker loudly complaining "why does the news have to say it was a white deputy's son who burned down black churches, but they won't say it was a black guy who threw that white kid off a balcony!?"

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Really low on the lovely scale, but I took a nap because I was beat, and the good news is that it lasted just long enough to recharge me without causing me to be tired from oversleeping.

The ~20 minutes of full on Nap Amnesia? Terrible. Took me too long to realize what time it was, what day it was, if I was late for something, etc.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus posted:

Last week I accidentally hit the industrial fan that blows at me at work and got absolutely blasted in the face by the untold ages of dust that has accumulated in them, making me feel unwell from an allergic reaction to the ultrafine dust made of god knows what. I've been sick ever since from the reaction, it's really awful. I went back later and took a video of me whacking the fan with a long rod to knock loose the remaining dust (from behind it, of course), and it blasted just an absolute haze of dust everywhere, loving heinous. Probably an osha violation of some sort with the amount of super fine powdered dust on it.
Showed the video to my union steward today and he was like "you need to show this to maintenance, the head steward, the district manager, and osha if you have to, this is unacceptable" since apparently nobody has ever cleaned the fans in 20+ years. Including after the fire 17 years ago that burned a bunch of the parked trucks inside, so it's possible I got a lungful of decade-and-a-half-old soot alongside literally who knows what else that has built up on them. And there's like 300 fans across the building, plus, poo poo, that's a HUGE fire hazard in itself with that much dust, various spots in the building have multiple inches of dust sitting on/in them. Wish I could post the video but my steward advised against it, but rest assured, it's like if you threw a bag of flour into an industrial fan, except it's not flour, it's flour-fine particulates of black and grey gross poo poo that doesn't wipe off when wiped at, it smears. I had a fever for three days after getting blasted by it, still coughing up/blowing out my nose awful stuff constantly while my system deals with reacting to whatever it was. Maybe this might be a catalyst to get a scheduled annual (at least!) thorough cleaning for the building, christ.

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 09:27 on Apr 17, 2019

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Someone threw caltrops into my driveway and they punctured 3 of my tires tonight. Found another one far enough into the driveway that it makes me think it was strategically placed in the tire grooves. So I either have an enemy I dont know about, or some random rear end in a top hat really wants to pop random people's tires..

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My cat Calhoun died today. She was about six years old. Had had some issues with her teeth, so a month ago she underwent surgery. Popped back and was fine. I didn't bother with the post checkup. Should have. She got a cold and despite treating her, and her going from normal to sickly, today was vet day. I got home on my lunch break to check on her, and she was dead. Had been dead for a while. I called the vet and got put on hold so many times, but I wanted to cancel the appt in case someone else needed it.

She was the best loving cat. She took care of our foster kittens, was a great momma cat to every new foster we got, when I had the flu she stayed in bed and comforted me. And she's dead. And I don't know what to do. My mom is a bawling mess but all I can think is this poem:

quote:

Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep
by
Mary Elizabeth Frye

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the stars that shine at the night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I did not die.

And then I start crying again.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My internet was kind if poo poo before, and I figured it was throttled intentionally because Canada is cheap and greedy as gently caress.

This week they sent us a replacement modem free of charge stating they could see our internet kept crapping out.

We installed the new modem yesterday and it's way worse than the old one already. It's shut off multiple times already this evening. What the gently caress.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I do the print work and all preregistration stuff for my local aquarium club's convention every year. Every year I swear it is the last because the president always fucks something up. Last year we had too many people register and this was after I did everyone's name badges, so this year I tried to be on top of poo poo. This year he decides preregistration is bad because it's 'awkward' to tell people they can't register for an event we have talked about and promoted FOR FOUR MONTHS THREE DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT. I told him I have no issues with people registering at the door but all the printing is done.

He told me to handwrite out Hi My Name is labels and have those ready in advance up until the actual event.

I am so tempted to tell him to gently caress off. If running prereg is so easy, I am sure he can find someone else to do it in the next two days starting from scratch!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

My advice is to not do it

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Bring blank labels. These people are presumably older than toddlers, they can write their own name.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I met the loveliest cat at a cat cafe on Saturday, and on Tuesday my adoption application was approved. I was scheduled to bring her home this afternoon, but I just found out that she's been diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection and a fever, and she'll need to run a course of antibiotics and get the all-clear from her vet. That'll be about a week or so.

I'm glad they caught it, and I know she's being cared for and will be fine, but I was really looking forward to today.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Came many miles out of my way to take an entrance exam for nursing school today; arrived to find out they switched the day and didn't tell me. Real professional on their part.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

Bring blank labels. These people are presumably older than toddlers, they can write their own name.

I have to assign them registration numbers so they can bid on anything, and with walk-ins getting numbers that start after the pre-regs, it could be a cluster. I haven't done any more though.

Blink 182's song I Miss You is stuck in my head, and even though I KNOW it's about a breakup and people cheating on each other, the refrain and chorus makes me cry because it's been a week and a day since my cat died, and I still find myself wanting to call for her when I get home. I loving buried her on Sunday, why can't my memory of calling her when I'd get home every day from work, and she'd come wandering out for pets, just stop?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Cowslips Warren posted:

I have to assign them registration numbers so they can bid on anything, and with walk-ins getting numbers that start after the pre-regs, it could be a cluster. I haven't done any more though.

Blink 182's song I Miss You is stuck in my head, and even though I KNOW it's about a breakup and people cheating on each other, the refrain and chorus makes me cry because it's been a week and a day since my cat died, and I still find myself wanting to call for her when I get home. I loving buried her on Sunday, why can't my memory of calling her when I'd get home every day from work, and she'd come wandering out for pets, just stop?

I wonder how hard it would be to fake measles?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

I wonder how hard it would be to fake measles?

Nah, but this is probably going to be my last year doing the registration. I got a look over all our club members and realizing that maybe 15 of us do ANY of the volunteer work while the rest sit and enjoy the entire convention is a bit offputting.

Oh don't joke about the measles, some kid a city over got sent home because he has those, or the mumps. Seeing as I do deliveries to school districts that poo poo is terrifying and more terrifying because Phoenix is apparently super ripe for an outbreak since people do not have to vaccinate their kids here. Ever, at all.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

My Dad just died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Little Acorns
Apr 5, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I have a stabbing pain in my lower left abdomen and i'm nauseous and its been like this for 4 days and I have no medical insurance and I just want to feel taken care of and safe. Im so alone right now but I promised myself id get some much needed alone time from everyone this week. Of course my head goes straight to pancreatic cancer. Heh. About to go drink a cider and pretend everything is fine. :saddowns:

-Beach Boys - Here Today from Pet Sounds is my word cloud right now