Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
The cruise lines have daycare. They used to have some offerings at the poly and the contemporary. I think you paid a certain amount and could drop your kid off for the night. I belive that program was either stopped or scaled way back. Pretty sure there is nothing like it at the poly now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I thought I saw an announcement of a new day care type program to replace the Neverland club or whatever it used to be called. I forget the specifics.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Child care centers shut down last August, then they added the Pixar Play Zone over at the contemporary which ran like 5-1030pm.

The Captain Hook adventure is replacing that, held over at the Y&B club but is only like 3 hours long.

Other than that, kidz night out is about the only child care provider now and that’s a whole different company. Shame.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Fairy Godmothers is another, I believe.

Next week is my first trip with the kiddo to WDW, so it’s going to be a less drunk version than my priors, but it also means I’m going to slow the gently caress down and chill out during this trip. Goal is staying under 15K steps instead of my usual 25K per day.

The parents running the kids to death I think is a bigger issue that then leads to meltdowns.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

There's really different types of meltdowns in the parks.

First, you've got the parents. They can melt down because mom wants dad to do something and dad doesn't want to, and they start bickering or yelling at each other. They can melt down because little Jimmy or Susy are the MOST important people in the entire park, and anyone who ever gets in front of them in a line is personally responsible for ruining their kid's trip. And then they can melt down because they're basically children themselves.

Kids melt down generally because they're overwhelmed by the spectacle of everything, the heat, or for being exhausted (usually the fault of the parents wanting The Perfect Trip).

My favorite was when I was waiting for some family to get off Big Thunder. An older Indian woman was pushing a stroller and accidentally bumped into a very large woman. Now, I'm no stroller apologist; I think a solid portion of people use them as battering rams in the parks, and you should need lessons and a license before being allowed to operate one. But you would think the larger woman was being run over repeatedly by a Mack truck the way she was screaming at the top of her lungs. Not in pain, but in anger at the other woman. The older woman was apologizing profusely; the larger woman was yelling "You loving idiot! Gosh! You broke the skin! I'm loving bleeding over here!" (note: she was not bleeding)

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Seeing someone screaming at a minority family in the parks is one of my bingo squares.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

couldcareless posted:

Seeing someone screaming at a minority family in the parks is one of my bingo squares.

It’s the free space, really

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I talked to the bartenders at Mizner's. When they reopen they will be a Beauty and the Beast themed bar.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Zero One posted:

I talked to the bartenders at Mizner's. When they reopen they will be a Beauty and the Beast themed bar.

I'll take one five dozen eggs, please.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Will it be provincial?

Logic Probed
Feb 26, 2011

Having a normal one since 2016

Quixotic1 posted:

I'm surprised with Disney always going after daycares that feature murals of their characters, they haven't gone into premium daycare services. They already cater to different allergies in the parks, then again the parks are centralized...

I mean there isn't much else the megacorp can buy/get into, now that they own Fox. Shareholders will always demand exponential growth so they got to keep buying/investing in vertical businesses. Disney Medical, banking, maybe try again with building another town, etc?

Disney's America, Round 2.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
"... Citizens of MainStreetTown U.S.A., Arizona. We have heard you, and we appreciate your appreciation of the 12th street bridge. And in response, we are here to let you know, be sure to get your rides in before it goes right into the Disney Vault this April..."

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
If Walt hadn't died, Epcot would be a city today.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

SomeJazzyRat posted:

"... Citizens of MainStreetTown U.S.A., Arizona. We have heard you, and we appreciate your appreciation of the 12th street bridge. And in response, we are here to let you know, be sure to get your rides in before it goes right into the Disney Vault this April..."

lol Disney gets so big they have to buy businesses outside their sector but their only business plan is "the vault"

Hello Fresh/Blue Apron: Pork tacos are going in the vault
Livenation/Ticketmaster: Lawn seats are going in the vault
Apple: The watch is going in the vault

this is probably not funny to anyone but me I'll stop now

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

We replicated the Grown Ups Lemonade at home and now I am an alcoholic

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003

Tim Whatley posted:

We replicated the Grown Ups Lemonade at home and now I am an alcoholic

Care to expound? I would like to join you on this alcoholic venture

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

cheeeeesecake posted:

Care to expound? I would like to join you on this alcoholic venture

I made it in a pitcher so:
3 shot Three Olives Cherry Vodka
Half a container of Lemonade (Odwalla is what Disney uses but it's nowhere around me so just... any Lemonade)
1 ½ cup defrosted frozen cherries
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Blend or process the cherries, sugar, lemon juice into a puree and strain it.

Mix it with the others in the pitcher with plenty of ice. Get hella drunk.

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 26, 2019

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Tim Whatley posted:

Half a container of Lemonade (Odwalla is what Disney uses but it's nowhere around me so just... any Lemonade)
¼ cup granulated sugar

3 shots for a whole pitcher? I guess if I lost 100lbs that might do the trick.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

couldcareless posted:

3 shots for a whole pitcher? I guess if I lost 100lbs that might do the trick.

Maybe lemonade containers are one pint where Tim Whatley lives?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

Get hella drunk.

On 3 shots?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I'd adjust booze to taste on that recipe. I'll definitely try it this summer though. Cheers!

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Tim Whatley posted:

¼ cup granulated sugar

so it's cherry vodka, defrosted frozen cherries, and lemonade

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah I definitely added more than 3 shots, I think that's just the baseline though. It's not a complicated recipe but yeah, it's good for sippin'.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

why even defrost the frozen cherries? leave em frozen and you don't have to add as much ice after!

edit wait why are you even straining it? this is more work than it needs to be, just pulverize that poo poo in a blender yo

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Logic Probed posted:

Disney's America, Round 2.

more like Disney Regional Entertainment Round 2. until the Defunctland episode about them I never knew that Disney made a Discovery Zone-esque chain of kid's play places but they did, and they sucked.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Anyone know the current state of Caribbean Beach? I'm booking a short two-night stay ahead of a trade show I'll be in town for, and I'd kind of like to see what it's like post-construction, but not if it's still in progress.

Also, I swear the site is loving with me, I looked up these exact same dates last week and I'm 100% positive AKL rooms were available for a discount, but now the Sun & Fun promo is labeled as ending a couple of days before I arrive. Kind of a bummer, but I probably didn't need to spend an extra hundo per night anyway.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Apparently the parks are putting an official size limitation on strollers. This is going to do away with the (admittedly adorable) massive Cinderella carriage strollers and probably any other obnoxious monstrosity that will inevitably murder someone's ankle or shin.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

couldcareless posted:

Apparently the parks are putting an official size limitation on strollers. This is going to do away with the (admittedly adorable) massive Cinderella carriage strollers and probably any other obnoxious monstrosity that will inevitably murder someone's ankle or shin.

May the Holy Spirit go with those who have to enforce this on day 1.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah I'm getting real tired of those giant beach carts that have been catching on. Glad they're doing something about them. They're pulled behind the parents instead of pushed and that makes people not pay any drat attention to anything, not to mention they're huge.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

effervescible posted:

Anyone know the current state of Caribbean Beach? I'm booking a short two-night stay ahead of a trade show I'll be in town for, and I'd kind of like to see what it's like post-construction, but not if it's still in progress.

Also, I swear the site is loving with me, I looked up these exact same dates last week and I'm 100% positive AKL rooms were available for a discount, but now the Sun & Fun promo is labeled as ending a couple of days before I arrive. Kind of a bummer, but I probably didn't need to spend an extra hundo per night anyway.

CBR is still remodeling but it's better than it was.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

¼ cup granulated sugar

Seems pretty close to the blueberry lemonade they have at All-star Sports. Remove the cherries, swap the vodka to blueberry, and add Pom juice. Was drat tasty and I was bummed that I only tried it before heading out to the airport.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Guessing with the Star Wars attractions opening there is not a free dining promo happening for the late October time frame?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

couldcareless posted:

I originally thought the main target of this enforcement is those Keenz wagon stroller things. Never saw them before our most recent trip in Feb. Those things are like rolling pack n plays. The lady next to me in line at Aloha Isle had a passed out infant sprawled out in one.

Looks like they are allowed still though as they fit in the dimensions and are pushed, not pulled.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

CBR is still remodeling but it's better than it was.

Aiight, thanks. In that case I'll probably just go French Quarter.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
The wagon strollers that you see in the parks are usually abiding by the rules to a point. If they are pushed not pulled, then they wont' get any lip from the front entrance. The creator of those strollers specifically designed them for use in theme parks after being told that the pull style wasn't permitted, or so the tale goes.

I do hope they phase them out, they are a pain in the rear end to move around.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004

kensei posted:

Guessing with the Star Wars attractions opening there is not a free dining promo happening for the late October time frame?

Nope. Jan 2 that promo opened and it was for July 5-Sept 30. Booking ended last month.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Looks like the strollers are official

Oh, and they're also banning smoking inside the parks starting May 1st.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Cais posted:

Looks like the strollers are official

Oh, and they're also banning smoking inside the parks starting May 1st.

Thank God. I hate walking through a smoke cloud every time I walk by BTM or Germany in Epcot.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tatsuta Age posted:

why even defrost the frozen cherries? leave em frozen and you don't have to add as much ice after!

edit wait why are you even straining it? this is more work than it needs to be, just pulverize that poo poo in a blender yo

You don’t want the solids in the drink when using a puree. You just want to add the flavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Too bad the stroller wagons couldn’t be banned as of today, so when I roll in Sunday - I can be freeeeeeeee