Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Violator posted:

I was listening to the Battlefield Earth episode and they had some jokes that made me remember a kids show from the 90s where it was some kind of contest with a maze and a giant stone head or something. Anyone know what I’m talking about? It may have been a time challenge you had to make it through or an obstacle course and I think the giant head talked.

Legends of the Hidden Temple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Violator posted:

I was listening to the Battlefield Earth episode and they had some jokes that made me remember a kids show from the 90s where it was some kind of contest with a maze and a giant stone head or something. Anyone know what I’m talking about? It may have been a time challenge you had to make it through or an obstacle course and I think the giant head talked.

Legends of the Hidden Temple; the talking head was named Olmec (voiced by Frank Welker's discount alternative, Dee Bradley Baker).

Edit: Beaten

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The Shrine of the Sillllver Monkeey!

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

How come nobody could ever put the monkey together? It had 3 pieces!

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Spoken like a human who has never disassembled a monkey.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

That show was famous for basically being fixed. Every once in a blue moon, they'd let kids actually win, but for the most part they just straight up couldn't. What's that? You guys are making it far into the temple? Boom, random guard bursts out of the wall and you're screwed. If they decided ahead of time you were going to lose, they had 10 different ways of making it happen. Wins were extremely rare, and just there so kids would think they had a chance. They didn't.

Still love Olmec, though. And, growing up in Central FL, basically every kid in school knew someone who had been on it (even if they rarely made it past that first water challenge).

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

thrawn527 posted:

That show was famous for basically being fixed. Every once in a blue moon, they'd let kids actually win, but for the most part they just straight up couldn't. What's that? You guys are making it far into the temple? Boom, random guard bursts out of the wall and you're screwed. If they decided ahead of time you were going to lose, they had 10 different ways of making it happen. Wins were extremely rare, and just there so kids would think they had a chance. They didn't.

Still love Olmec, though. And, growing up in Central FL, basically every kid in school knew someone who had been on it (even if they rarely made it past that first water challenge).

I always remember that their prizes were ridiculously cheap as hell too Nestle's Quick is the one that stands out.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

If your team didn’t collect the full two medals in the first half before going into the temple you were hosed since that was the only way to avoid the temple guards

Violator
May 15, 2003

Were there different mazes than the Aztec looking vertical one? The show I’m thinking of had a horizontal maze that was laid out on the floor, but the walls were all tall stone I think.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Found it, Masters of the Maze. The talking head was actually four heads that asked educational questions to get by. Looks like it was more education based than physical.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Now I want to see a remake of Quiz Show but it's about Nickelodeon rigging all their shows.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

One of the earlier memes I remember was a ytmnd called How To Find The Clitoris and it was the talking head from Legend of the Hidden Temple narrating how to get through the dungeon lmao.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Cael posted:

ONLY NINETIES KIDS WILL KNOW

Seriously, how does anyone not know ALL of the TGIF theme songs by heart?

Because unlike now, I wasn't sitting at home watching TV on Friday nights?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Elderbean posted:

One of the earlier memes I remember was a ytmnd called How To Find The Clitoris and it was the talking head from Legend of the Hidden Temple narrating how to get through the dungeon lmao.

Holy poo poo I had to listen to this and it's hilarious.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

One part was a head the other was its rear end, figure it out Tracy!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Serious answer: they always filmed that from an angle because the giant spike through the head part was unwieldy and caught on the pedestal it went into, but ESPECIALLY for shorter kids who have to do it blindly/from below, so that's why everyone begins fumbling on the fucker.

They really did rig that final round in every single way they could.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

teen witch posted:

There’s a few of us in there as well. Come on in and get incredibly emotional friendly.

The Basement is where we admit that It's Okay to Have Feelings. It's also the one where people aren't still going "lol he look like shrek huehue" a year later.

clown shoes posted:

I even remember the lyrics to Hi Honey, I'm Home!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTaXrN596fM

goddammit. I'm not alone. I wasn't a mistake.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Steve's it was a good movie referring to Species gave me a lol

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Now I just want a David Paymer month with such classics as Carpool, Payback, Bait, Mighty Joe Young, etc.

I know no one else in the world watched this, but there was an early 2000s show called Line of Fire where David Paymer was the lead villain of the whole thing, playing a powerful mafia boss. He was great at it actually, very menacing and evil. A very good example of casting against type.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzu7fCKju1g

Tato fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Mar 27, 2019

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

The Basement is where we admit that It's Okay to Have Feelings. It's also the one where people aren't still going "lol he look like shrek huehue" a year later.

Oh poo poo really? I need to join that one instead then.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
https://twitter.com/NollyNM/status/1110645359271911425

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jesus CHRIST, this merger has all sorts of bizarre implications.

Hahahahaha holy poo poo :eyepop:

I watched the Twilightmentary last night and just finished the New Moonmentary. These are so goddamn good. These movies have never been more entertaining. I'm excited to have 2 more of these to watch and 1 more coming in the future.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy poo poo, I'm like 35 minutes into the Eclipsementary and they're already SO DRUNK ahahahahaha

This is amazing :allears:

e: "You know, if anyone wants a refund, just e-mail me, because you're not gonna get it." :allears:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 27, 2019

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

It's amazing how much nothing happens in those movies.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I really like these old clips of shows they're putting up on Youtube. Just a collection of where their running gags originally came from. You got Bee Movie's GIANT WOMAN fetish guy, and "He look like Shrek."

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
God, Striperella sounds so much worse than I remembered. I don't think I saw any of it or Gary the Rat through. Like Stephen, I too was high and enthused to check out the premiere of the Ren and Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon.

I changed the channel 10 minutes later.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I'm sorry that happened to any one unfortunate enough to be fooled by such an obviously terrible animation block. MxC was the only halfway decent thing to come out of SpikeTV.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fezz posted:

I'm sorry that happened to any one unfortunate enough to be fooled by such an obviously terrible animation block. MxC was the only halfway decent thing to come out of SpikeTV.

Right you are, Ken.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Jericho loving owned and I will punch all four of them in the stomachs.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

It's also the one where people aren't still going "lol he look like shrek huehue" a year later.

is there one where it's okay to have feelings but i can say he look like shrek

because he look like shrek

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

These days, Johnny Depp is the poor man's Skeet Ulrich.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

In terms of canceled "after the end" shows beginning with J, Jeremiah eats its lunch.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I need that Marty and Doc one-act play to exist now

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

These days, Johnny Depp is the poor man's Skeet Ulrich.

Skeet Ulrich rn looks like Johnny Depp as you remember him but aged gracefully, and Johnny Depp looks like something dredged up from the deep sea

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Fezz posted:

Bringing Ninja Warrior to the US was a really good idea, even if ESPN2 had subbed a similar show a couple years before.

And as much as TNA sucked, it did give us some great promos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hclT8KyFBxQ

and this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-dZGsd2rAY

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

If it wasn’t for SpikeTV I wouldn’t be able to watch 18 hours of Bar Rescue a day

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

If it wasn’t for SpikeTV I wouldn’t be able to watch 18 hours of Bar Rescue a day

same, and I’d rather watch hours of the equally psychotic Bar Rescue or Ink Master over that Waco poo poo that Paramount TV made

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Tato posted:

God, Striperella sounds so much worse than I remembered. I don't think I saw any of it or Gary the Rat through. Like Stephen, I too was high and enthused to check out the premiere of the Ren and Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon.

I changed the channel 10 minutes later.

The animation for Gary the Rat is worse than I remember. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0lQ_wM-h7o

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MariusLecter posted:

The animation for Gary the Rat is worse than I remember. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0lQ_wM-h7o

2003, the year everyone thought animating in Flash was a great idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

is there one where it's okay to have feelings but i can say he look like shrek

because he look like shrek

the basement accepts all except nazis, even if they look like shrek. In the basement we all look like shrek