Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

No one selling Krono?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Been looking at some guides and the incredibly detailed first post of this thread but I wonder if anyone knows a solid spot to farm plat off vendor trash for a level 70 necro? I'm currently killing crab people in Buried Sea, and I've been to Plane of Fire, but I wonder if there are any alternatives.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

RCarr posted:

No one selling Krono?

Too early to sell krono. Krono is selling for 900-1000 plat right now. I am waiting about a month so I can sell it for 4k-8k.

Anyone from the Mangler Goon Guild can give me an invite or another link to discord? The current discord link is not working and Adakos is not online. Thanks in advance.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

Gruknor posted:

Too early to sell krono. Krono is selling for 900-1000 plat right now. I am waiting about a month so I can sell it for 4k-8k.

Anyone from the Mangler Goon Guild can give me an invite or another link to discord? The current discord link is not working and Adakos is not online. Thanks in advance.

I was looking to pay via PayPal, as was the other buyer I believe.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

If anyone is still on the fence about starting back up, we're having fun on the Mangler TLP server. Still lots of low level groups for now. There were like 8 instances of Unrest last night.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I'm really enjoying Mangler. My plan is to get to 50 and then twink out a class I've never really played before and level that while I wait for the next unlock.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ehud posted:

If anyone is still on the fence about starting back up, we're having fun on the Mangler TLP server. Still lots of low level groups for now. There were like 8 instances of Unrest last night.

Was about to dive in, is there a new Discord link? The ones from a page or so back come back invalid.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

https://discord.gg/EQ4suQ8

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I'm almost 50 on my monk but I'm gonna wait for the memorial day weekend bonus event to do an alt. Gear will be super cheap by then too.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
open world Avatar of War and a handful of ssra bosses down so far on Selo. Raids are actually difficult when you are going up against them with 0 gear lol. It's actually a bit exciting with the challenge because every TLP before this you generally come into each expansion with near best in slot from the prior and just kinda stream roll content.

Everyone's blood was pumping on that AoW fight as another guild tried to come dps race us on it, but they didn't arrive until it was already at 70%. They zoned out most of their raid and tried training some stuff and dispelling charm pets and the like but we still pulled it through with just 2 tank instagib deaths.

Krazuel fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 23, 2019

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
I am on the Mangler server, my in game name is Zurikbik and could use an invite to the Goon Guild. If there is one. Thank you in advance.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
AHR dead yet on selo?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
yeah i heard in group cha on Mangler that AHR died two days ago on Selos.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I'm glad Raster spawns in classic now but why the hell is his ph 38 minutes. Thank god there are several picks to farm because once lguk empties out that camp is gonna suck extra hard.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
AHR dead now,e:clarity This was the first one to die and it just died ~3 hours ago.

Krazuel fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 26, 2019

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Republicans posted:

I'm glad Raster spawns in classic now but why the hell is his ph 38 minutes. Thank god there are several picks to farm because once lguk empties out that camp is gonna suck extra hard.

You can speed it up a little more by timing it and letting the midnight (in-game time) PH despawn instead of killing it, and then a new one (PH or Raster) will spawn already at 7am game time. Scan through the comments of the Alla entry for details:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=4609

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
AHR dead after a week...

was there no cheating whatsoever concerning Emperor/VT keying or was Emperor killed using "improved tactics"

i'm impressed either way though

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
My understanding was that while Emp is leashed to his room now, his adds still aren't, so those were able to be pulled out and killed at least.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is /melody disabled on Mangler?

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Definitely not

Doctor Party
Jan 3, 2004

Doctor Party Woohoo!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is /melody disabled on Mangler?

No thank God

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
If anyone needs invites to the Mangler goon guild, hit me up in game and I'll try to get you one. Name is Blaine.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

xZAOx posted:

My understanding was that while Emp is leashed to his room now, his adds still aren't, so those were able to be pulled out and killed at least.

to be accurate, kited in the basement for an hour.

And Vex Thal is normal coth crazyness.

Edit: First Vex Thal attempt by Amtrak failed. We were unable to kill AHR by the time the instance reset (6 hours) we had her at 55% and our fight was super stable. BUT 27 essentially naked level 60s didn't have the DPS to push us under that 6 hour window. So the next day while waiting on replay timer to just go back in the instance (Where the other bosses would still be dead and only AHR still up) Amtrak killed open world AHR with something like 9 or 10 more people that finished their keys. Faceless went into their instance the same time we started Open world.

Faceless was also unable to beat the 6 hour timer for their instance, and from looking at them at the zone in.. a combination of keying ... (I counted 9, but someone said it was 11 clerics) and they had 1 of their DPS inside open world vex thal watching us.. and he even tried to train us while we were fighting AHR but he failed miserably. Also inspecting everyones gear we had no question that Faceless was not going to beat the 6 hour timer.

Those 9 (or 11) clerics Faceless keyed up are out of a total of 40 possible keys from each guild getting 1 emperor kill each. I want to say Amtrak went with 5 clerics the first instance and had 6 during open world, but I don't recall exactly.

Krazuel fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 26, 2019

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
On mangler/classic experience is slowing down around 30. Any suggestions for some good spots that are off the beaten path? I know all about LGUK and how I can do that after about 27 till I move to the hole at 47.

I used to love paw spires but it looks like gnolls don't spawn outside any more.

I also used to quad kite dwarves/dorfs at BB docks. But I heard they totally nerfedthis experience and loot.

Cyclops and giants are perma camped.

edit: phone auto-'correction' correction

LordAdakos fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 26, 2019

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

LordAdakos posted:

On mangler/classic experience is slowing down around 30. Any suggestions for some good spots that are off the beaten path? I know all about LGUK and how I can do that after about 27 till I move to the hole at 47.

I used to love paw spires but it looks like gnolls don't spawn outside any more.

I also used to quad kite dwarves/dorfs at BB docks. But I heard they totally needed this experience and loot.

It’s mostly Guk, SolA, and Paw.

I’m 31 on my SK and SHM and would totally be down with trying to sync up for some XP grouping.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Mistmoore is very good from 25-35.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
I did soon bugs and bats in solb from 35-44, better exp than any lguk camp, way less overcrowding.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
Not sure who's left on Phinigel, but the best expansion in the game opens tomorrow. I'd say it'd be interesting to see who manages to do what, but with the melee changes since Fippy was last here, I suspect its not going to be as hard as I remember. Then again, you can't lurch the Cliknar Hive Guardians so maybe it'll be worse!

Will be fun doing shawl 2.0 six times too!

Unlikely with all the new folks heading to Mangler or Selo, but EoE is looking for clerics, mages, shaman, and beastlords in particular, but pretty much warm bodies that aren't tanks otherwise. It's really easy to catch up with Mercs, Old Man Mckenzie, and the boosted XP rate right now, and I'm pretty sure that if loot council isn't your thing, any of the guilds on Phinigel will take people regardless of AA counts or gear (both are easily fixed).

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

LordAdakos posted:

I also used to quad kite dwarves/dorfs at BB docks. But I heard they totally nerfedthis experience and loot.

edit: phone auto-'correction' correction

It's still Guk but I've found live-side to be completely empty. Dead side is an overcrowded shithole. At one point we were camping crusader/noble/tactician/king/mino elder/evil eye all from the crusader castle.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Hoohah posted:

Not sure who's left on Phinigel, but the best expansion in the game opens tomorrow. I'd say it'd be interesting to see who manages to do what, but with the melee changes since Fippy was last here, I suspect its not going to be as hard as I remember. Then again, you can't lurch the Cliknar Hive Guardians so maybe it'll be worse!

Will be fun doing shawl 2.0 six times too!

Unlikely with all the new folks heading to Mangler or Selo, but EoE is looking for clerics, mages, shaman, and beastlords in particular, but pretty much warm bodies that aren't tanks otherwise. It's really easy to catch up with Mercs, Old Man Mckenzie, and the boosted XP rate right now, and I'm pretty sure that if loot council isn't your thing, any of the guilds on Phinigel will take people regardless of AA counts or gear (both are easily fixed).

I know I'm stoked to head into Underfoot, but man, the constant self-devouring of launching new TLPs kind of sucks sometimes, heh. Definitely noticed a drop off in attendance and especially on like the Bazaar when Selos launched. We actually had a notable uptick with the release of mercs, a good amount of old people came back, but that seems to have worn off now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

On the regular server I am leveling a paladin that is level 85. Where would I want to go from here if I want to be solo?

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

I said come in! posted:

On the regular server I am leveling a paladin that is level 85. Where would I want to go from here if I want to be solo?

Head to House of Thule zones like Lower House or Grounds. You can probably stay there until 95-100 then move on to Rain of Fear or Call of the Forsaken stuff.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Let’s say I have limited EQ experience and would consider playing progression. I’d like to be able to play a class that is limited-time friendly and can afk or log off on short notice. I don’t think I’d ever be big into the raid scene, but would like to be welcome in groups at most levels.

This leads me to the following classes:

- Necro for soloing and FD, but not sure how useful they are in classes, plus hard to move around the world due to KoS.
- Druid for soloability and ease of travel, but apparently not a great main / not welcome in groups
- Shaman for how strong they are and welcome in groups, some soloability, but on the fence
- Monk for FD and being welcome in most groups

If you were somewhat inexperienced and wanted to have a good time more than caring about raiding and endgame, what would you recommend? Or, just as useful, what would you NOT recommend?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Monk>Shaman>Necro>Druid

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
What Tai said, but I would put necro higher as you can solo a lot more.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Yeah, for only playing an hour or so sometimes you basically want to be able to solo relatively well, and I'm not super familiar with monks and I know at least eventually everyone can solo "okay" (even before mercs), but I feel like a monk would kind of suck at soloing for quite a while until then.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Thanks to pick swapping I finished the Raster camp in less than an hour. :woop:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Republicans posted:

Thanks to pick swapping I finished the Raster camp in less than an hour. :woop:

Nice! I'm on this part now too. Just need Targin and Raster for my RotLC.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ruggan posted:

Let’s say I have limited EQ experience and would consider playing progression. I’d like to be able to play a class that is limited-time friendly and can afk or log off on short notice. I don’t think I’d ever be big into the raid scene, but would like to be welcome in groups at most levels.

This leads me to the following classes:

- Necro for soloing and FD, but not sure how useful they are in classes, plus hard to move around the world due to KoS.
- Druid for soloability and ease of travel, but apparently not a great main / not welcome in groups
- Shaman for how strong they are and welcome in groups, some soloability, but on the fence
- Monk for FD and being welcome in most groups

If you were somewhat inexperienced and wanted to have a good time more than caring about raiding and endgame, what would you recommend? Or, just as useful, what would you NOT recommend?

No group is gonna is going to be ok with you AFKing often. If it’s a once in a blue moon thing, then it’s fine no matter the class.

If you’re willing to learn to play an Enchanter (it’s not really that difficult), you will have the best of both worlds. Excellent solo ability, and always wanted for every group ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

RCarr posted:

No group is gonna is going to be ok with you AFKing often. If it’s a once in a blue moon thing, then it’s fine no matter the class.

If you’re willing to learn to play an Enchanter (it’s not really that difficult), you will have the best of both worlds. Excellent solo ability, and always wanted for every group ever.

But a very dangerous AFK game while charming...