Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I re-watched that scene in Age of Ultron. I'll post my thoughts on it later, but while the line is REALLY clunky, it has to be taken in the context of what had happened in the film and what Banner and Romanov were talking about before she said it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

IUG posted:

No Sif poster either, which I was wondering since she wasn't in Ragnorak.

Wasnt there some thing about the actress being on the outs with the mcu people

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bruceski posted:

Avenge the F, Allen.

I will avenge the gently caress out of Allen

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

Wasnt there some thing about the actress being on the outs with the mcu people

No, she's the star of a network drama and had other contractual obligations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

X-O posted:

Yeah, she's in Blindspot which is still ongoing.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Phylodox posted:

Also, where’s M’Baku?

He bought a boat

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Every single character will come back - whoever will die later. There is no permanent snap.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bessantj posted:

Just how bad was it?

There was Kang and a Mjolnir gauntlet.

X-O posted:

And they asked her way, way too late to try to schedule an appearance for Ragnarok or something.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Vintersorg posted:

Every single character will come back - whoever will die later. There is no permanent snap.

Far From Home maybe takes place in the reset timeline.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chill Penguin posted:

^ I think having Shuri around would make it too easy. She's basically a walking Deus Ex Machina for any tech-related obstacle.

Probably cause it was filmed in Cleveland, Ohio.

I already clarified this. The shots of NYC, the actual city, look bland and grey.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
The Snap didn't actually kill half the universe, but split the universe in two. Everyone who got dusted is actually living in a parallel universe where they saw the other half of the universe get snapped out of existence.

Peter's haunted by the memory of Tony turning to ash in his arms. "Kid... I don't feel so good..."

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Like in Westworld with the dream city?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Its too bad we never will get to see Loki get snarky at Carol and he just flicking him through a wall.

But we can have her and Valkyrie see each other and go "hell ya".

I don't think find any of the MCU movies bad, like even Thor TDW, AoU and Iron Man 2 have stuff that's enjoyable in them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jamesman posted:

The Snap didn't actually kill half the universe, but split the universe in two. Everyone who got dusted is actually living in a parallel universe where they saw the other half of the universe get snapped out of existence.

Peter's haunted by the memory of Tony turning to ash in his arms. "Kid... I don't feel so good..."

So The Leftovers

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Vintersorg posted:

Loki died before the snap

Now granted he could have faked his death somehow...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Not like he hadn't done it before.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
Shuri's headpiece thing looks rather... Panthery. Did she wear that in Infinity War?
Edit: Yes, yes she did.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Loki died before the snap

Now granted he could have faked his death somehow...

Doesn't Loki have a series coming?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

ImpAtom posted:

Loki, Bucky and Scarlet Witch all are supposed to have mini-series on some streaming platform or another. All three were dusted.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

I don't think find any of the MCU movies bad, like even Thor TDW, AoU and Iron Man 2 have stuff that's enjoyable in them.

The Incredible Hulk is incredibly forgettable.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Phylodox posted:

I think I remember Lee's Hulk more. That at least has the inspired casting of Sam Elliot as General Ross. (And, yes, also Gamma Dogs but good with bad.)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

It’s described as a story where Loki is being a dick through human history so it might not be set concurrently

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

There was Kang and a Mjolnir gauntlet.

That does sound terrible.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

Loki, Bucky and Scarlet Witch all are supposed to have mini-series on some streaming platform or another. All three were dusted.

Loki got his neck snapped. He and Gommora were the two 'major' non snap deaths. (Poor Heimdal)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/jenyamato/status/1110635197525983232

Looking at you Dom

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Phylodox posted:

I remember it quite well and think it's one of the best MCU movies, even after all this time.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol: Yessss

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

They dropped a building on his killer, even given that Shaw survived I'm pretty sure there's not much more you can do at that point.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
what

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I feel like there's a Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen joke here but I don't know enough Michael Bay movies to make it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Should have been black and white. But still an A for effort.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cap has spoken

quote:

I’m partial to that fight scene in the elevator. That was the first scene we shot in the second Captain America movie. It was my first time working with the Russos, it was the first time where it felt like Cap was kind of on his own. In the first Cap movie you know, you really felt like everyone was holding my hand, and the first Avengers movie I just did my best to not get in the way. The second Cap movie is the one that I really kind of felt, I suppose, pressure, and that first elevator fight scene came out really great in my opinion.

I've said this before but I've never reached the hype levels I got for WS after they released an edited version of the boat assault opening scene. The point being I agree cap felt a lot more like an unstoppable badass in WS compared to FA

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 26, 2019

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jamesman posted:

Kind of like what happened in Earth/Universe X where all the dead heroes and villains are fighting it out in the afterlife still believing they're alive and anyone who isn't there (so still alive) they think are dead.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Fast and Furious is basically a shonen anime at this point.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

calling it now, it'll be a Freeform Sunday Night Movie

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

mycot posted:

Fast and Furious is basically a shonen anime at this point.

no i mean i dont remember a building being dropped on shaw at any point in 7 or 8

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
It was kind of the climax of 7 Dom and Shaw had a rebar/dual giant fuckoff wrench fight in a crumbling parking garage and it ended with the whole garage falling on top of Shaw.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh right, i remember the fight but i guess i forgot that the garage collapses

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fangz posted:

I feel like there's a Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen joke here but I don't know enough Michael Bay movies to make it.

https://twitter.com/damnyouwillis/status/1110615885256015873
Transformers Uberfan David Willis got ya covered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Wong doesn't deserve to have a poster. Why does he have a poster?

You did nothing, Wong! Your superior got kidnapped by aliens and a large chunk of New York got wiped out and you just went home! You left Bruce Banner alone on a ruined street and then hosed off back home! You were probably napping while Wakanda was getting wrecked! :argh: