Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

our good friend brown moses's bellingcat is finally revealing the terrible truth about commie corbyn!

https://twitter.com/magnitsky/status/1110465966104813568

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

our good friend brown moses's bellingcat is finally revealing the terrible truth about commie corbyn!

https://twitter.com/magnitsky/status/1110465966104813568

jeez, he’s just even trying to reach out to national front supporters

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
BREXIT: Wrong, wrong, wrong, disgusting etcetera

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

System Metternich posted:

I'm sure after two years of Brexit there has come some good music out of this mess, do you know of any good tunes directly referencing Brexit or at least being inspired by it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxN1STgQXW8

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Brexit is that slide whistle in cartoons that they use for falling off a cliff.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

bitmap posted:

the studio I rent a desk in is run by a bunch of belgians who absolutely refuse to engage with what is happening. I have a long standing bet with them, five pints apiece, that "brexit will happen". They're my friends, and after May's speech I felt a bit like an rear end in a top hat so I messaged them to say that I never wanted to win the bet. This isn't just beer for you, I say. You're europeans, business owners. You've got a real stake in this. They reply with crowing over the amount of signatures on that petition and ribbing me for wanting to back out of the bet.

Lol fuckin shows you to empathize with business owners

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

bitmap posted:

the studio I rent a desk in is run by a bunch of belgians who absolutely refuse to engage with what is happening. I have a long standing bet with them, five pints apiece, that "brexit will happen". They're my friends, and after May's speech I felt a bit like an rear end in a top hat so I messaged them to say that I never wanted to win the bet. This isn't just beer for you, I say. You're europeans, business owners. You've got a real stake in this. They reply with crowing over the amount of signatures on that petition and ribbing me for wanting to back out of the bet.

you're gonna lose your bet

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1110618835592364036

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

She also alleges she was warned by colleagues that Baroness Alicia Kennedy, Mr Watson’s chief of staff, might be “a racist” and was “gunning for her” – allegations that Baroness Kennedy denies.

Baroness Alicia Kennedy

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Alicia Pamela Kennedy, Baroness Kennedy of Cradley (born 22 March 1969)[1] is a British Labour politician and member of the House of Lords.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

She is married to Roy Kennedy, Baron Kennedy of Southwark, a fellow Labour peer and a Lewisham councillor.

lol

oh that just means theyre in the house of lords

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

twoday posted:

Now is the time to pry Brexit from the lamb's jaw. The EU is the bakery and we have only a few days left to become butter-and-egg men. We've got to pull the leeks out of our caps and vote for a Brexit deal that works for Britain or we will risk becoming badgers locked out of the garden shed.

I don't know what this post is or what it means but I feel a strange attraction to it

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

oh that just means theyre in the house of lords

Pretty sure you still have to be a piece of poo poo to get in the House of Lords.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Randler posted:

Pretty sure you still have to be a piece of poo poo to get in the House of Lords.

Hey, Christopher Guest used to be a member.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

What about all this amazing brexit content they've created?

Syncopated has issued a correction as of 21:38 on Mar 26, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sorry if this has been answered, but has Brexit actually been delayed to April 12? The March 29 deadline is gone?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

How the gently caress has this guy not been fired yet? And whoever leaks this footage? How is the BBC ok with this?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Gripweed posted:

Sorry if this has been answered, but has Brexit actually been delayed to April 12? The March 29 deadline is gone?

Yes

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

How the gently caress has this guy not been fired yet? And whoever leaks this footage? How is the BBC ok with this?

Lol.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

So is April 12 an actual deadline or is it just gonna get delayed again?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Gripweed posted:

that's the joke mate

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Gripweed posted:

Yes

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Gripweed posted:

By April 12 Brian has to decide if they want to participate in the EU elections. If not, they crash out. If yes, they will stay till the elections at the end of May(at the very least). From there on they have to decide what to do long term. Parliament is hard set against crashing out/no no deal, so it's not very likely that they crash out

May is also supposed to hold a couple more votes on her stinker deal in parliament, but it's 100% guaranteed to fail. IRC it actually gets fewer votes each time she holds a vote on it

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
im beginning to think you sick fucks enjoy this perpetual edging towards destruction

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gripweed posted:

who knows. they have to decide by the 29th if they want to leave on the 12th with no deal. but if they don’t pass a bill saying they’re leaving on the 12th with no deal then they actually leave on the 29th with no deal

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Gripweed posted:

the Johnathan Pie gimmick is doing epic Network rants that only idiots think are insightful

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Opferwurst posted:

IRC it actually gets fewer votes each time she holds a vote on it

no there was a slight improvement between round 1 and round 2, round 1 being the worst defeat for any government ever and round 2 only being the fourth worst

you're thinking of the potential third attempt that got shelved because may went on tv and blamed everyone else and made a little speech that got an MP attacked, so all the people she'd already convinced decided to tell her to gently caress off

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov38 posted:

who knows. they have to decide by the 29th if they want to leave on the 12th with no deal. but if they don’t pass a bill saying they’re leaving on the 12th with no deal then they actually leave on the 29th with no deal

:psyduck: I'm reading this over and over again and feeling dumber and dumber as it just doesn't seem to settle into my brain.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Goa Tse-tung posted:

that's the joke mate

But if those Jonathan Pie videos aren't actual leaked footage of a professional reporter during an unguarded moment, why would anyone give a poo poo about them?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Gripweed posted:

But if those Jonathan Pie videos aren't actual leaked footage of a professional reporter during an unguarded moment, why would anyone give a poo poo about them?

because they're supposed to go viral lol

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Spangly A posted:

made a little speech that got an MP attacked

Wait, what happened?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Gripweed posted:

He's a Nazi oval office

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The Dipshit posted:

:psyduck: I'm reading this over and over again and feeling dumber and dumber as it just doesn't seem to settle into my brain.

its quite simple:

1. by the 29th of march, May must tell the EU if the UK brexit'ing with or without her deal or abandoning the effort completely
2. to determine this, May must get her deal through the commons (which she can't)
3. if May's deal cannot be passed then a bill must be passed changing the british legal brexit date from the 29th to the 12th of april
4. if May passes the date change, the UK does no deal brexit on the 12
5. if May fails to pass any of the above no deal brexit happens on the 29th

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Jose posted:

I don't remember this

No I was just joking dude

That or "hostility to airships" are deal breakers

Otherwise you might like it over here, but we have our own problems, I'm sure you don't, as the British say, want to go from the frying pan into the saucepan

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

sullat posted:

Wait, what happened?

the golden mace guy got attacked by a foaming-rabid brexiter the day after May made a speech saying that it's all parliament's fault and they're going to take your brexit unless you, the people, rise up to support her

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its quite simple:

1. by the 29th of march, May must tell the EU if the UK brexit'ing with or without her deal or abandoning the effort completely
2. to determine this, May must get her deal through the commons (which she can't)
3. if May's deal cannot be passed then a bill must be passed changing the british legal brexit date from the 29th to the 12th of april

Also, next week they're going to debate a second referendum, as more than 10% of the population of the country have now signed the petition to revoke article 50.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Alright, time to make some low stakes bets on Predictit

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its quite simple:

My understanding is that the UK will leave the EU on April 12th as the earliest due to the terms of the extension. Whatever British parliament might decide regarding the date of exit should be irrelevant from a legal perspective as EU membership would be governed by EU law and not whatever national laws might be passed. (Although I would really like to see the UK considering itself outside the EU by 29 March with the rest of the EU considering it a Member State until 12 April, just to turn the chaos up a notch.)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Alicia Pamela Kennedy, Baroness Kennedy of Cradley (born 22 March 1969)[1] is a British Labour politician and member of the House of Lords.

why does labour have people in the house of lords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Spangly A posted:

the golden mace guy got attacked by a foaming-rabid brexiter the day after May made a speech saying that it's all parliament's fault and they're going to take your brexit unless you, the people, rise up to support her

Oh wow, I missed that. Good thing the guy could bubble hearth.