Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

A glaive for every yeoman

e. page snipe. Let that be the end of that godawful derail. CBC is reporting that the government might not ratify the new NAFTA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

:sniper:

e. gently caress!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

CommonShore posted:

A glaive for every yeoman

e. page snipe. Let that be the end of that godawful derail. CBC is reporting that the government might not ratify the new NAFTA.

we need polearm control!

what does a farmer need with a halberd i ask you?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

infernal machines posted:

we need polearm control!

How would that function with American steel and aluminium tarrifs?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
there's still domestic steel production, and lord knows it won't be going south any more. besides, we've got all those empty gm factories just mouldering

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Canada SPAM: Guns are only good for killing things

Also Canada SPAM: :pagesnipe:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Anyone give a poo poo about what's going to happen at the ethics committee tomorrow? Or is this still a nothingburger a month later?

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

honestly though, who does care. Either this has already confirmed everything you know about the Liberals, or you have always, and will always, believe they are infallible.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
You know your company is doing well when the top of its Wikipedia page says "This article is about the company as a whole. For the ongoing Canadian political scandal, see SNC-Lavalin affair;" and then, when you click on that, it says "This article is about the ongoing Canadian political scandal. For the 1995 Indian energy scandal, see SNC-Lavalin Kerala hydroelectric scandal."

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
I care, cause it's way worse than what's come out. No way Butts and Wernick are resigning over what's been done so far and Philpott and JWR aren't going to relent. Katie Telford already has people writing op-eds about how jwr is a crypto conservative and poo poo, it's amazing https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-supreme-court-wilson-raybould-1.5070619

I'm really excited for some spicy mauril belanger mfw trump innocent trudeau guilty memes

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm p. sure snc-lavalin owns the rights to the candu design and has dbfom contracts for like all of the passenger rail infrastructure in canada

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Postess with the Mostest posted:

I care, cause it's way worse than what's come out. No way Butts and Wernick are resigning over what's been done so far and Philpott and JWR aren't going to relent. Katie Telford already has people writing op-eds about how jwr is a crypto conservative and poo poo, it's amazing https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-supreme-court-wilson-raybould-1.5070619

I'm really excited for some spicy mauril belanger mfw trump innocent trudeau guilty memes

is the star still publishing navigator pr pieces as op-eds?

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

is the star still publishing navigator pr pieces as op-eds?

No idea, I only read their one good columnist

Heather Mallick: Why does Jane Philpott keep knifing her fellow Liberals?

Heather Mallick: Maybe Philpott and Wilson-Raybould could have taken one for the Liberal team?

Heather Mallick: SNC-Lavalin controversy? Just put it to bed

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Virtual Russian posted:

honestly though, who does care. Either this has already confirmed everything you know about the Liberals, or you have always, and will always, believe they are infallible.

It is kind of fascinating to see more tires thrown on the tire fire. I'm curious on how this slightly different new brand of rubber will burn.

i'm p. sure snc-lavalin owns the rights to the candu design

This could be a huge thing I didn't realize, but preliminary googling says SNC is only licensing the design? Anyone know how to find out if they own it?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i am wrong, lavalin owns the candu commercial reactor development, but GoC retained ownership of the IP rights for the reactor designs

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 05:07 on Mar 26, 2019

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

i am wrong, lavalin owns the candu commercial reactor development, but GoC retained ownership of the IP rights for the reactors

Well that's a relief. Throw the stooges to the dogs then.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Virtual Russian posted:

didn’t think they existed but the last few months online have been a real eye opener. Harper was right to want to destroy the liberal party

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

THC posted:

didn’t think they existed but the last few months online have been a real eye opener. Harper was right to want to destroy the liberal party

and yet despite all their libbing, the liberals are probably still better for us than a scheer-led conservative majority

gently caress this planet, i want to get off

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Jan posted:

and yet despite all their libbing, the liberals are probably still better for us than a scheer-led conservative majority

Currently we're down to choosing between obfuscated corruption to serve corporations, and tacit accommodation of genocidal racism.

Love2politics.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Postess with the Mostest posted:

No idea, I only read their one good columnist

Heather Mallick: Why does Jane Philpott keep knifing her fellow Liberals?

Heather Mallick: Maybe Philpott and Wilson-Raybould could have taken one for the Liberal team?

Heather Mallick: SNC-Lavalin controversy? Just put it to bed

I used to like Heather Mallick and then she defended gatekeeping trans youth and turned out to be a piece of poo poo.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jan posted:

if only there were a third option

i feel like we have another political party, led by that one guy, whats his name

you know, the really bland one

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

elizabeth may?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

vyelkin posted:

i feel like we have another political party, led by that one guy, whats his name

He’s brown so he’s not bland he’s “ethnic,” like clapping yourself on the back for watching Shaun Majumder.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Arivia posted:

He’s brown so he’s not bland he’s “ethnic,” like clapping yourself on the back for watching Shaun Majumder.

The Problem with Shaun Majumder

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

vyelkin posted:

maxime bernier

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Arivia posted:

I used to like Heather Mallick and then she defended gatekeeping trans youth and turned out to be a piece of poo poo.

Link me bra

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

i am wrong, lavalin owns the candu commercial reactor development, but GoC retained ownership of the IP rights for the reactor designs

I also thought like you did and they outright owned the IP, but this is much better to know.

Shaun Majumder did nothing wrong

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

they way it was reported initially made it seem like they were selling the IP too, but thankfully even the cons couldn't sell us out quite that hard

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

It was some bullshit she pulled on Twitter that is unsurprisingly deleted now.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
lol if you arent voting cpc:ml in the next election

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Opposition members of ethics committee: "Extend the waiver please. Pretty please? With a cherry on top? Halfsies? Maybe later?"

Liberal majority: "Lol no."

Is there anything the opposition can really do anymore beyond just keep banging their desks? Maybe the Standing Committee on Environment and Sustainable Development can make a case for our parliament being garbage?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

It's a majority government. The opposition never could do anything.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
So spicy

https://twitter.com/Gray_Mackenzie/status/1110594567454101504

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

what’s the Ingenious file?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giwkngfQ0W4

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
i cant wait to vote for Justin again

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
sales taxes are regressive which makes alberta the most progressive province in the country

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

PST puts an unfair burden of tax on the working man. It, and GST, should be abolished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jehde posted:

Currently we're down to choosing between obfuscated corruption to serve corporations, and tacit accommodation of genocidal racism.

Love2politics.

both the liberals and conservatives love both those things