Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
lol giants

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1110655588982235136?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Over as quickly as it started, rescinding my "lol giants"

https://twitter.com/CLEpolice/status/1110657093206446083?s=20

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

I'd say 2 short of a defense too, but the Chargers don't know what one of those looks like anyway.

Do you think the chargers still have a bad defense?

This was more of a 2015/2016 joke

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich
Isn’t that like defamation of character or some poo poo?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

I thought it was top 5 until you got wrecked in the playoffs.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

How many kids does he have to have before they have a kicker?

Or for an aged joke, a new long snapper?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

I thought it was top 5 until you got wrecked in the playoffs.

It's a top 10 defense when half of it isnt on IR and is forced to play seven DBs against Tom Brady yeah

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Play posted:

You're also building a story to fit your conclusions. Unless you truly have deep and intimate knowledge of Leveon Bell's feelings about the Steelers and Big Ben, it can be assumed that all we're doing is making guesses essentially

Not sure how you see D-LINK post "it was always about money, nothing more" and then a quote from Leveon Bell saying that Ben and his relationship with the Steelers was "definitely a factor" and think that the second is proving the first right?

This is also not "just about the money", considering he wasn't happy with the way he was being used up.

In closing this whole argument is dumb as gently caress, D-LINK should ponder why he feels compelled to respond to people casually shitposting about the Steelers, and everyone else should be quiet

Because that quote from Le'Veon Bell is de facto, and was also the answer to a leading question hth

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

How many kids does he have to have before they have a kicker?

We have one!

He kicked a 59 yard field goal last year!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the chargers defense is incredible, easily the best and any player who like, for instance might have played badly against them is actually, really good

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Because that quote from Le'Veon Bell is de facto, and was also the answer to a leading question hth

Pretty sure you mean post facto, but that doesn't really change how it's straight from Bell and directly contradicts the "only for the money" narrative you want to spin so bad for... some reason? I don't know why you even care at this point, since it's pretty obvious the Steelers' front office is a garbage organization capable of making any issue worse than it started or ever needed to be.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Strobe posted:

Pretty sure you mean post facto, but that doesn't really change how it's straight from Bell and directly contradicts the "only for the money" narrative you want to spin so bad for... some reason? I don't know why you even care at this point, since it's pretty obvious the Steelers' front office is a garbage organization capable of making any issue worse than it started or ever needed to be.

Hey, what's the latest on the Tyreek Hill situation, guy who is deeply invested in attempting to troll me

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Hey, what's the latest on the Tyreek Hill situation, guy who is deeply invested in attempting to troll me

Ongoing investigation and we know nothing else if you're actually curious.

There's been a lot of blaming the press as if they shouldn't report that there's an investigation if there are no charges, but thankfully I don't think anyone's doing that here.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Tyreek Hill probably abused his son, but luckily for him Kansas is really bad at prosecuting so nothing will come from it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

Tyreek Hill probably abused his son, but luckily for him Kansas is really bad at prosecuting so nothing will come from it.

Their child protective services department is a black hole too, it doesn't matter if you're a state senator they'll stonewall you. There was a big huge report about this a few months ago and as far as I know nothing has really changed so far.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

LiquidFriend posted:

The cops probably faked it and no one has ever actually committed a crime except the people with the authority to enforce them.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I think this may result in Hill not getting his Highest Paid WR contract though

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I think this may result in Hill not getting his Highest Paid WR contract though
It really should, but he'll still get a mega deal because nobody really gives a poo poo about abuse unless it's on TMZ.

Chichevache posted:

The cops probably faked it and no one has ever actually committed a crime except the people with the authority to enforce them.
Okay?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I hope he didn't do anything, and there's enough missing pieces in whatever is going on that I don't think it's unreasonable to hope he didn't do anything.

If he did I will be very upset.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

He knows from experience

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

LiquidFriend posted:

It really should, but he'll still get a mega deal because nobody really gives a poo poo about abuse unless it's on TMZ.

Okay?

They're in cahoots with the Chiefs to drive down Tyreek's salary. Just like when Romeo Crennel killed his mistress and executed her boyfriend in the parking lot.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1110673837903876096

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

This seems bad

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Chichevache posted:

They're in cahoots with the Chiefs to drive down Tyreek's salary. Just like when Romeo Crennel killed his mistress and executed her boyfriend in the parking lot.
Keeping Alex Smith until his contract was done would have been a lot more effective.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

It's kind of uncanny how the NFL manages to start with a problem and end with the worst possible solution. At this point I'm mostly impressed

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

abolish instant replay and the police state

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/JennyVrentas/status/1110692043527905281

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I can't decide if this is good or not. Gonna go with horrible.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean what’s the harm is trying to get calls right? It might slow the game down? Meh. I’m fine with it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Who was the one?

Rams would be funny.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
im glad that the nfl can work together to make a ludicrous decision based off one egregiously bad call. excited for the first phantom PI to be awarded on a hail mary attempt.

now let's start the ball rolling for challenging holding penalties

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im gonna need holding to retroactively be called on jared gaither for the chargers first? or second touchdown in the kawalimus was right game vs the chargers like 9 years ago or whatever. that was Bullshit he just tackled ray lewis

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

corn on the cop posted:

im glad that the nfl can work together to make a ludicrous decision based off one egregiously bad call. excited for the first phantom PI to be called on a hail mary attempt.

now let's start the ball rolling for challenging holding penalties

this is one of the issues with this solution, but mostly it's just how narrow and specific it is. Game-changing calls (or no-calls) happen outside the last two minutes all the time. The rule also makes no allowance for calls that WERE made but were bad (as far as I can tell).

Pass interference accounted for like 70 or 80% of all penalty yardage in games. The rules around that could've used some serious scrutiny. They could've designed a much better and more broad plan to address DPI in general instead of making an absolutely pointless rule that is sure to be abused and that is absurdly specific in its focus.

For example, if I'm a coach in the last two minutes of a game with all my timeouts you better believe I"m calling for a review on so much as a hint of contact until all my timeouts are gone. Someone mentioned hail marys in the end zone which is a whole other world of poo poo

Play fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 27, 2019

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

There was some rule a year ago that was supposed to ruin football and I legit can’t even remember what it was anymore. It wasn’t the Clay Matthews thing.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
how to fix pass interference and many games:

1) get rid of spot foul

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

fsif posted:

There was some rule a year ago that was supposed to ruin football and I legit can’t even remember what it was anymore. It wasn’t the Clay Matthews thing.
Probably the lowering of the head rule that refs just stopped calling basically altogether after the pre-season.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

Lowering the head on any hit? They called it a bunch in preseason and then forgot about it as far as I can tell.

That or the bodyweight roughing the passer thing that went into the regular season for a few games before they forgot about it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

im gonna need holding to retroactively be called on jared gaither for the chargers first? or second touchdown in the kawalimus was right game vs the chargers like 9 years ago or whatever. that was Bullshit he just tackled ray lewis

Sure once we reverse 4th and 28.5

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

a neat cape posted:

Sure once we reverse 4th and 28.5

but it was called correctly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

You're looking for the Lee Evans non call in the end zone in the Cundiff game.