Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Also my thing is Guy Gardner you dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Yvonmukluk posted:

I will sort of grant you the thing with the other heroes, but then there's always been those elements where Peter's a bit of an outsider.

Everything with Peter's life going to crap is deliberately set up to contrast with Peter getting the courage to get back together with Mary Jane and taking a proactive role in getting his life together.

I'll never understand why Peter still gets treated like an outsider by other heroes or why writers still go for that. He's more or less an honorary F4 member, he's been an Avenger, he's worked alongside street-level heroes a lot, he's been a teacher in the X-Men's school! The status quo that Peter's life must remain a mess just doesn't make sense when he's got an amazing support network like this.

Archyduchess posted:

I looked into this and holy poo poo

Roth posted:

Honestly, I forgot he does worse things than like Red Hood :aaaaa:

It sheds a whole new light on why DT liked the relationship between Jason and Artemis, who is an Amazon. :barf:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, gently caress that dude. I've been saying for literal years that he was a broke brained piece of poo poo but nobody else seemed to see it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

amigolupus posted:

I'll never understand why Peter still gets treated like an outsider by other heroes or why writers still go for that. He's more or less an honorary F4 member, he's been an Avenger, he's worked alongside street-level heroes a lot, he's been a teacher in the X-Men's school! The status quo that Peter's life must remain a mess just doesn't make sense when he's got an amazing support network like this.

Because it's something both fans and writers treat like it's essential. Remember when New Avengers was actually new? The backlash to Spider-man being on the Avengers was crouched in the notion that "Spider-man is supposed to be a loner".

Spider-man. A loner. The man who literally starred in a book called "Spider-man Team-Up".

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!

Rhyno posted:

Man, gently caress that dude. I've been saying for literal years that he was a broke brained piece of poo poo but nobody else seemed to see it.

I couldn't resist digging through the leper colony and welp my day is ruined.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dreqqus posted:

I couldn't resist digging through the leper colony and welp my day is ruined.

Just this once I decided to look somebody up because I haven't been around that long and sometimes references to (in)famous posters go over my head.

I'm not... I'm not gonna do that again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Also my thing is Guy Gardner you dicks.

You accidentally put the word "you" in this sentence.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DT posts a lot in the anime forum. I know better than to look for posts he was banned/probated for because I ain't going there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He once made a post equating Jason Todd's death by crowbar with real world rape.

gently caress him forever, if he re regs and starts posting here again in going to put him on blast for being a disgusting creep every time I encounter his posts.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Rhyno posted:

Yeah I gave him the benefit of the doubt for too long, just because his stupid Red Hood-posting got so ubiquitously dunked on and my naive reflex was to be nice to the underdog, despite the very creepy leering posting being right there out in the open.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

X-O posted:

DT posts a lot in the anime forum. I know better than to look for posts he was banned/probated for because I ain't going there.

That is where it was outed. It wasn’t on that forum as far as I know. It was off site.

Turns out be creepy toward lesbians is not good in the forum where they make up a huge chunk of the posters

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's had a very consistent "thinks women are not equal to men" vibe going on for years.

Man, I hope he comes back so I can tell him to gently caress off.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I am curious what was discovered, but not curious enough to search the anime forum.

Anyway, it looks like he reregged, so look forward to his posts in 27 days.

But this isn't Helldump so we should probably stick to talking about Marvel comics.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He won’t listen. After he got outed in the DBZ thread he continued to post like nothing happened despite everyone telling him to gently caress off. The dude posts into the void.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Let's cut this topic off before it gets out of hand. Just know he won't be welcome back in BSS if he decided to rereg.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

He won’t listen. After he got outed in the DBZ thread he continued to post like nothing happened despite everyone telling him to gently caress off. The dude posts into the void.

Yeah but now we know he's a piece of poo poo so when I tell him to gently caress off it will be on topic.

X-O posted:

Let's cut this topic off before it gets out of hand. Just know he won't be welcome back in BSS if he decided to rereg.

Gotcha, keep on being a good mod!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Let’s move on to a truly significant topic that frankly we’ve put off for too long

Just what IS Batman’s shameful secret?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Since I don't watch dbz im just assuming that dt ate that ban because that's pedo art

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nodosaur posted:

Because it's something both fans and writers treat like it's essential. Remember when New Avengers was actually new? The backlash to Spider-man being on the Avengers was crouched in the notion that "Spider-man is supposed to be a loner".

Spider-man. A loner. The man who literally starred in a book called "Spider-man Team-Up".

I think a lot of people were using loner as a kind of short hand for how he was typically on his own with no real back-up or team to speak of, not that his personality was that of a loner or that he was never around other heroes. He had lots of adventures with other heroes, either from time to time in his "core" titles or in Marvel/Spider-Man Team-up but in his core titles he was by himself to the point that he often didn't even have any supporting cast to confide in, let alone fight alongside him (although by the time of New Avengers, MJ and Aunt May knew his secret identity). He wasn't literally a loner but compared to the rest of the New Avengers or the classic Avengers he was more of a solo hero than most.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

X-O posted:

Can I like, put what he got banned for under a spoiler or whatever? I don't really want to continue the line of discussion, but I think people should know.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

site posted:

Since I don't watch dbz im just assuming that dt ate that ban because that's pedo art

In.....dragon ball Z?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The tweet that DT posted was of fan art, but the guy looked to be goku so I think it was supposed to be him and some underage db character?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Android Blues posted:

Can I like, put what he got banned for under a spoiler or whatever? I don't really want to continue the line of discussion, but I think people should know.

They can follow the breadcrumbs from his rap sheet. DT chat is over.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
e^ sorry XO

site posted:

The tweet that DT posted was of fan art, but the guy looked to be goku so I think it was supposed to be him and some underage db character?

that's Broly and Cheelai from the new Dragon Ball movie, they are both adults. I assume why the post was thrown into the mod queue wasn't the content but the fact DT'd been outted on the previous page as being the admin of an imageboard where he and other degenerates talk graphically about how badly they want to have sex with lesbians

seriously is there a perma waiting for Lowtax to sign off on? because a month probation isn't nearly enough

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Autism Sneaks posted:

the fact DT'd been outted on the previous page as being the admin of an imageboard where he and other degenerates talk graphically about how badly they want to have sex with lesbians

Deeeeefinitely missed that part :chanpop:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

It feels like I'm being spoiled that Immortal Hulk didn't end at 12 issues but is going to be an ongoing for the foreseeable future.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

It feels like I'm being spoiled that Immortal Hulk didn't end at 12 issues but is going to be an ongoing for the foreseeable future.

Give Al Ewing enough books and eventually one has gotta stick around.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I know it's dumb but I think my favourite part of THE IMMORTAL HULK is reading Ewing's "The Scary Door"-esque lead-in every month on the digital store.

"Doctor Leonard Samson is back in town to see an old patient, but it's not Bruce Banner. Take a seat on the couch, THE IMMORTAL HULK, it's going to be quite a session."

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe
You can tell Ewing is having a blast with immortal hulk.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:psyduck:

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Hickman's Marvel books are on sale on Comixology until tomorrow. His run of Fantastic Four, FF, Avengers, New Avengers, Infinity and Secret Wars is maybe my favorite run of comic books ever. Are his S.H.I.E.L.D., Secret Warriors, and Ultimate universe books worth a look?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

His Ultimate universe stuff is really good. It’s where The Maker is introduced. Just know that he pretty much just kickstarts the whole thing then passes it off to someone else so there’s no conclusion but it’s a fun read nonetheless.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Then he's exactly the kind of guy who should be writing X-Men, because it's probably got one of the more complicated histories of any popular comic book around.

I forget where I saw it, but Hickman's office has whiteboards on each wall, where he plots out each issue of his entire run on a comic so that he can keep track of every plotline, what each character is doing, and to make sure that it all makes sense in the long run. Plus, he said that when Marvel asked him to work on FF (or anything, really), by doing it that way he can come back to them and go "ok, my story is (x) number of issues from beginning to end."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

His Ultimate universe stuff is really good. It’s where The Maker is introduced. Just know that he pretty much just kickstarts the whole thing then passes it off to someone else so there’s no conclusion but it’s a fun read nonetheless.

Yeah, i'd say that reading his Ultimate stuff just to get more Maker is worth it, given the role he plays in Secret Wars.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Secret Warriors is good, but it's also really obviously rushed since he had to compress his 30 issue plan into like 10 or something. (Which, at least they gave him time to do so.)

SHIELD is....weird. It's only like six issues, so may as well read it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Kikkoman posted:

Hickman's Marvel books are on sale on Comixology until tomorrow. His run of Fantastic Four, FF, Avengers, New Avengers, Infinity and Secret Wars is maybe my favorite run of comic books ever. Are his S.H.I.E.L.D., Secret Warriors, and Ultimate universe books worth a look?

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

Endless Mike posted:

Secret Warriors is good, but it's also really obviously rushed since he had to compress his 30 issue plan into like 10 or something. (Which, at least they gave him time to do so.)

SHIELD is....weird. It's only like six issues, so may as well read it.

Secret Warriors never felt really rushed to me. And SHIELD is two six issue minis with a one shot in between.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

EDIT: Double post removed.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Endless Mike posted:

And it's a shame, too. I enjoy the books about teams of b-listers who wouldn't have their own series but I don't know if the market cares about them much.

(Goodbye, WCA. You were taken from us too soon.)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
FF through secret wars is a no brainer, and his ultimates work is probably the best arc that universe had seen in years, but tbh i found shield to be borderline incomprehensible

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I would definitely recommend Secret Warriors, I think that there are parts towards the end that feel a little rushed but the whole thing is still really satisfying.

Shield I think of less fondly but that's probably due to the massive delay of the final issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Wait, Newspaper Spider-Man is over?