Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
having money was cool though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i guess the fact that i've never considered going back means that i prefer the dysfunction of this job

it is incredibly, incredibly depressing to come face to face with the depressingly mundane failures of local government though. i expected it in a corporate environment, but this job is exposing me to some shocking stuff

"Government should be run like a business!" is a very common thing said by conservatives up here so Im not surprised a bunch of failed businessmen get elected to fail just as spectacularly in local government.

My city is a very good example of what happens when business takes over. :smith:

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Homura and Sickle posted:

was it better to be wealthy in an evil job you expected to be unfulfilling or poor in a job you hoped would be satisfying but is bad anyway because of terrible management

telling question from a military officer in the us armed forces

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

tbh i seem to recall jag being in massive, impossible debt before joining up so this actually seems to be a case of the military exploiting the poor and desperate

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

tbh i seem to recall jag being in massive, impossible debt before joining up so this actually seems to be a case of the military exploiting the poor and desperate

yeah he iirc had multiple hundreds of thousands of earth dollars in education debt + unsatisfying job anyhow

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i keep agonising over whether i want to post on this stupid site now that the internet is a minefield of alt-righters and gun-loving pewdiepies but i can't help it, i just cannot stop myself

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

V. Illych L. posted:

He could've gone to work for a child abuse center or something and gotten his loans forgiven but he wanted to slay dragons.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

nankeen posted:

i keep agonising over whether i want to post on this stupid site now that the internet is a minefield of alt-righters and gun-loving pewdiepies but i can't help it, i just cannot stop myself

this is about the only place left on the internet that isn't full of nazis or paedophiles

we only have a couple, and they're easily recognisable

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i want you to post here avs

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I've actually just been informed that gently caress fascists is a controversial hot take on these forums.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Volkerball posted:

He could've gone to work for a child abuse center or something and gotten his loans forgiven but he wanted to slay dragons.

oh so that's what we're calling those people now

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

V. Illych L. posted:

this is about the only place left on the internet that isn't full of nazis
they don't post, but they read

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
all of the gloss is worn off the earth and now we see it for the hopeless swarming rock that it is

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

nankeen posted:

all of the gloss is worn off the earth and now we see it for the hopeless swarming rock that it is

well we're killing everything so it won't be swarming too much longer

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

V. Illych L. posted:

well we're killing everything so it won't be swarming too much longer
the only posters itt who will be alive in 2050 are you, vb, randler and berke. i presume you will all be warlords

e: possibly nutranurse if he plays his cards right

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i have changed my name so often
i have lost my wife and children
but i have many friends
i have france in her entirety

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i shall conquer with my extensive experience of surviving awkward situations and minor felonies

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

V. Illych L. posted:

i shall conquer with my extensive experience of surviving awkward situations and minor felonies
you know the ways of the woods

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

pretty sure when it snowed on southern arizona a few weeks back berke died

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

the paradigm shift posted:

pretty sure when it snowed on southern arizona a few weeks back berke died
oh no

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Rodatose posted:

telling question from a military officer in the us armed forces

my next job as a corps targeting officer sounds like its actually gonna be pretty fun aside from being thousands of miles away from my wife

hes fine he spent all weekend sending me glenn greenwald tweets

the bastard

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

nankeen posted:

the only posters itt who will be alive in 2050 are you, vb, randler and berke. i presume you will all be warlords

e: possibly nutranurse if he plays his cards right

i have sworn an oath to live til at least 2069

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

fishmech posted:

i have sworn an oath to live til at least 2069

Nice.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Berke don't read greenwald tweets you dumb goon

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

nankeen posted:

they don't post, but they read

people aren't bothering off site are they?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I hope someone gets amusement out of this. I loled.

I don’t follow Trump but did follow someone who is a Trumper.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the long international nightmare will soon be over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q36Zon01v5k

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
are those your coworkers at the gun factory

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i dont work at the gun factory anymore i make stuff for chemists. it's very ideologically correct poo poo i'm doing these days unlike you, corporate consumerist swine. its a teaser for a new rammstein video and i am not sure why the german military-themed industrial band has decided to incorporate holocaust imagery into a video. what could go wrong?

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

people aren't bothering off site are they?
not me, no. but there are real questions i need to ask about how much identifying information i've shared in the past and how that could be used against not just me but my loved ones if some extremely online psychopath decided to take out their very specific grudge. christchurch has shown me that this is not just america's problem anymore, they're well and truly everywhere at this point, and while these beautiful stupid forums mostly get overlooked because we're so small and old, we do have a history and attention is inevitable

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gatts posted:

I hope someone gets amusement out of this. I loled.

I don’t follow Trump but did follow someone who is a Trumper.

I have no idea how to read this?

e: That describes Twitter in general as well.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

they will not grow old was rough but good. worst part is it was really focused on the Brits but that was clearly the market for this film. barely even showed the colony troops, no french or russian footage at all.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q00SjA7DSc

gettin some m.i.a. vibes

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i messed up real bad dadchat

i thought a training course this weekend was in a small town an hour north of me

it's actually in a small town SEVEN hours north of me

the class is 14 hours long

i may actually die on the drive back

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i messed up real bad dadchat

i thought a training course this weekend was in a small town an hour north of me

it's actually in a small town SEVEN hours north of me

the class is 14 hours long

i may actually die on the drive back

Wouldnt 7 hours put you in Oregon?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Furnaceface posted:

Wouldnt 7 hours put you in Oregon?

california is very, very big

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

You can fit 3 Californias into Ontario.

Also I thought you lived in the Bay area, which looks like it could be done in 7 hours traffic pending.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
@avshalom

https://twitter.com/immolations/status/948534112058527744

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i loved digimon and every instance of extreme weather made me get very excited thinking it was an intrusion from the digital world upon our own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
but if a choice must be made my heart belonged to animorphs, i think i was in my twenties before i truly stopped believing