Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Colonel what is that from?

I got halfway into Valkyria Chronicles 4 and got bored. I cant put an exact reason why but something just felt off about it compared to the first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
atelier ayesha

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

might gently caress around and play ff7

never beat it

I spent forever as a dumbass kid trying to max level a bunch of materia and beat all the weapons and never bothered to beat Sephiroth. That's my story, thanks for listening.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1110736964855029760
:magical:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/suzuki_kenya/status/1110723470382399489?s=20

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
TWO NEW CHAPTERS OF OUT IN ONE DAY?!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

What this

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
atelier ayesha is a jrpg masterwork

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i've heard bad stuff about the valhalla game but galko chan ftw

Captain Cappy posted:

I spent forever as a dumbass kid trying to max level a bunch of materia and beat all the weapons and never bothered to beat Sephiroth. That's my story, thanks for listening.
see this what im worried i'll do As An Adult

just get all enemy skills, all the chocobos etc

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

GAL-Hall-A

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
valhalla is fine

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

what bad vallhala

me not play

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the most offensive thing about valhalla is that it has a yiik cameo

but it also came out like two years before yiik, so

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i still want to run a game of cyberpunk 2020 sometime but also i think im burning out on cyberpunk the genre as a thematic setting

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

im all about agrarian idyllism

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i have friends who really like it but also you can date someone underage or something? idk i shouldn't spread misinformation

a kitten posted:

GAL-Hall-A
now we're talking

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

*fleet foxes music gently flowing in from a corner speaker*

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I don't think that's true

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The meeting of the Agrarian Idyllism Sci Fi Club has been rescheduled because the fleet foxes music put everybody to sleep.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Membership dues will not be refunded.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sharkopath posted:

i still want to run a game of cyberpunk 2020 sometime but also i think im burning out on cyberpunk the genre as a thematic setting
yeah the latter is kinda where im at too. the more i see of the CD Projekt Red game i get less interested

the last time i loved cyberpunk was when i was in a blackout for like a week and blade runner was the only movie i had downloaded along with a six pack of beer

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
FF7 is kinda cool cyberpunk cause it's instantly like "yo this loving blows"

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

I liked the look of ff15 with future technology meshed with outdated classics and large cities surrounded by small rural outposts and nothing but rolling landscapes in between

especailly the parts that are like havana

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

i have friends who really like it but also you can date someone underage or something? idk i shouldn't spread misinformation
there's a robot prostitute who plays up that she looks young but she's a functioning adult in terms of how she's actually written and her ability to reason and understand things. there's no romantic content with her and the game doesn't really fetishize her, she just does sex work. having issue with her is totally reasonable but people vastly oversell her presence in the game and how she's written and, yeah, spread misinformation. i'm pretty sure every other character in the game is just of age, considering it takes place at a bar.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the closest thing jill comes to a date with dorothy is a bit where they sit and talk for a bit cause jill's depressed

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sharkopath posted:

I liked the look of ff15 with future technology meshed with outdated classics and large cities surrounded by small rural outposts and nothing but rolling landscapes in between

especailly the parts that are like havana
yeah 15's cool, feels like the idea of FF8's world kinda flashed out more, down to Driving A Car

Endorph posted:

there's a robot prostitute who plays up that she looks young but she's a functioning adult in terms of how she's actually written and her ability to reason and understand things. there's no romantic content with her and the game doesn't really fetishize her, she just does sex work. having issue with her is totally reasonable but people vastly oversell her presence in the game and how she's written and, yeah, spread misinformation. i'm pretty sure every other character in the game is just of age, considering it takes place at a bar.
ah got it, thank you. sorry for Lying, i've def seen a lot of bad valhalla takes warped by Goon Consensus and should have known better

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

the closest thing jill comes to a date with dorothy is a bit where they sit and talk for a bit cause jill's depressed
and tbh dorothy isnt actually underage so, dating her would be fine, probably, though i get why they didnt go there

idk theres plenty of rl adults who play up their youthful appearance as part of sex work, and dorothy's mostly just a character who does sex work. its not unproblematic or anything but there's dudes who act like the game literally condones pedophilia lol

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Forgive an unrelated gaming post but my bugdog in warframe looks cool and I wanted to share.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

ah got it, thank you. sorry for Lying, i've def seen a lot of bad valhalla takes warped by Goon Consensus and should have known better
nah not your fault, the groupthink in games/let's play on vahalla was pretty immediately poisoned by an echo chamber-y let's play

plenty of legitimate criticisms to be leveled against it mind, but the grr anime crowd sure did kneejerk

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lets plays strike again

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

I seem to recall there being a bit where one of Jill's friends pays Dorothy to go home with Jill and cuddle, tbf, but I also remember the text being pretty clear that nothing heavier than that actually happened. That's definitely the weirdest player/player-adjacent interaction I remember there being with her, and that honestly didn't hit me as terribly weird once you've decided how you feel about the basic concept of Dorothy's character.

Anyway I haven't played Valhalla in a couple of years and don't have any burning desire to go back, but I definitely have pretty positive memories of it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah i feel like theres not really a line to be drawn with dorothy based on what happens so much as whether you accept the basic concept of her character

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

have you read any of no guns life

its not really a recommend but im just curious if people other than me have seen it since theres an anime coming soon

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i read one chap of it and thought it ok

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I like it and dont like it. Troubled relationship.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm enjoying Sekiro but dang it's tedious to clear out camps every time you wanna fight a mini boss. If it's just regular mooks it's whatever but when you throw in the big dudes with the hammers and crap it just sucks.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

I seem to recall there being a bit where one of Jill's friends pays Dorothy to go home with Jill and cuddle, tbf, but I also remember the text being pretty clear that nothing heavier than that actually happened. That's definitely the weirdest player/player-adjacent interaction I remember there being with her, and that honestly didn't hit me as terribly weird once you've decided how you feel about the basic concept of Dorothy's character.

Anyway I haven't played Valhalla in a couple of years and don't have any burning desire to go back, but I definitely have pretty positive memories of it.

As I recall the writing for that bit is also like 100% clear that she does it because she cares about her friend Jill, not because she's being paid. I think the exchange was something along the lines of boss calling her and asking how much the price would be, and her reply was something like the can of soda she was drinking.

drat I want to see Gal Hall-A now. The art style works really well.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Valhalla is a thing I wish I liked because it should be extremely up my alley, but I don't and I hate it and I hate that fact I guess.

anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

God Cannon Exaxxion