Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Bombs awayyyy!

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Esplanade posted:

Bums awayyyy!

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

naem posted:

protecting them from what?? something worse than robot wolves?

Feral hogs :eng101:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

wild monkey talks a big game.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Linux Pirate posted:

wild monkey talks a big game.

You're only saying that because you're on the computer and wouldn't if you could say it to his face.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
https://i.imgur.com/ue9hwM2.mp4

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I see we’re finally getting the Rat-Things from Snow Crash.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNvYcgICPCs

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Thicc.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqznukaMUiI

Also:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

He's living his best life

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Asshola Gay

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oh dope posted:

Asshola Gay

So what

Algae Magnet
Jul 1, 2013

Linux Pirate posted:

robot gorillas are a big part of life

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

My grandfather was a gunner on these during WW2. He flew on the closed nose versions tho so I don't think he got to moon any krauts :(

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Julius CSAR posted:

My grandfather was a gunner on these during WW2. He flew on the closed nose versions tho so I don't think he got to moon any krauts :(

Where there's a Joe, there's a way to expose they asses (I'm betting hanging taint over the open bomb bay doors).

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Carth Dookie posted:

Where there's a Joe, there's a way to expose they asses (I'm betting hanging taint over the open bomb bay doors).

I hope so :allears:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Put it to you this way:

Those bombers had problems with the bomb bay doors rusting and seizing. The problem was traced back to the bomber crew pissing on the bomb bay doors while on missions. It's basically guaranteed that your granddad unloaded his bladder over Nazi Germany.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Carth Dookie posted:

Put it to you this way:

Those bombers had problems with the bomb bay doors rusting and seizing. The problem was traced back to the bomber crew pissing on the bomb bay doors while on missions. It's basically guaranteed that your granddad unloaded his bladder over Nazi Germany.

Uh, I don’t know where you read that but no amount of piss ice is going to prevent hydraulically actuated bomb bay doors from opening. Also many A-26 missions were flown at low to medium altitude so they wouldn’t have frozen anyway. Also these aircraft had (unreliable) relief tubes and the standard fix was to piss in a thermos. I 100 percent guarantee you that if a bomber came home full of bombs and the excuse was “we couldn’t get the doors open because Dusty pissed on them” it would have happened exactly once, and most likely never again.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I am probably mistaken about the seizing part, but I'm sure about the pissing part because of the aforementioned garbage relief tubes. It was brought up in the milhist thread but be damned if I can find it.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/xicFW_PiSJo

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

That was literally me for like the first 12 hours of that game lol

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/backt0nature/status/1111095330932547584

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

Looks like a drat puppet. Weird.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Dude... yeah. It really looks a dude in huge duck suit. That head gives serious Howard The Duck vibes. Spooooooky

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I was thinking 90s animatronic or puppet, yeah

how is that a real animal

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

that think isn't real, it's a loving muppet

necroid
May 14, 2009

SavageMessiah posted:

Looks like a drat puppet. Weird.

Julius CSAR posted:

Dude... yeah. It really looks a dude in huge duck suit. That head gives serious Howard The Duck vibes. Spooooooky

Code Jockey posted:

I was thinking 90s animatronic or puppet, yeah

how is that a real animal

DiggityDoink posted:

that think isn't real, it's a loving muppet

lol @ these comments

have you never watched a documentary in your life?

do mudskippers blow your mind too? they're amphibious fishes, and they walk on land!

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

necroid posted:

lol @ these comments

do mudskippers blow your mind too? they're amphibious fishes, and they walk on land!

ive watched a fuckload of planet earth and blue ocean, that bird legit looks like a puppet

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah their faces have so much personality, not the typical 'you are staring into the void' bird eyes, I think its because they appear to almost have binocular vision and you can see both the eyes at once but they're not bulging out the side of the head. They look like how we'd design a puppet of a bird, with the eyes on the front

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

necroid posted:

lol @ these comments

If mudskippers don't blow your mind you are dead inside.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
I mean...

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
As a kid I ended up looking up mudskippers in our encyclopedia after watching Ren & Stimpy. Turned out John K. wasn't loving with us (only his interns).

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/1110406481512484869

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

bring back old gbs posted:

yeah their faces have so much personality, not the typical 'you are staring into the void' bird eyes, I think its because they appear to almost have binocular vision and you can see both the eyes at once but they're not bulging out the side of the head. They look like how we'd design a puppet of a bird, with the eyes on the front