Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Done with all my auctions/drafts, five total. My multiples:

3: Zack Wheeler, Domingo Santana (yay early drafts), Seranthony Dominguez, Garrett Hampson, Ryan McMahon

2: Max Scherzer, Chris Sale, Jose Altuve, Trevor Story, Cody Bellinger, Anthony Rendon, Eddie Rosario, Victor Robles, Jameson Taillon, Michael Brantley, Michael Conforto, Nick Pivetta, Nick Senzel, Austin Meadows, Eduardo Rodriguez, Tyler Glasnow, Luke Voit, Yusei Kikuchi, Domingo German, a bunch of poo poo closers

Oh and Matt Olson on two ILs :negative:

Anyway I like my guys and most of the three-leagues list was pretty cheap. Just need Wheeler to stay healthy.

oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Would Rhys Hoskins for Garret Cole be a fair trade? I want Cole and hope this is a fair offer.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Fair as it gets IMO. I'd rather have Cole and I'm an offense-first drafter

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Tatis made the team. Grab him where you can

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

the_american_dream posted:

Tatis made the team. Grab him where you can

Of course I was playing Tetris 99 and missed out on him pretty much everywhere. Only got 1 share.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

What round should I target Tatis Jr. in a draft?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

What round should I target Tatis Jr. in a draft?

He has been going sooner and sooner in each draft. I got him on zero drafts :( I'd say before the last 3 picks.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'd guess he'll be a middle round pick now that he made the roster

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Speaking of Padres. If you’re doing a set it and forget it deal with catcher, because it’s a trash position, would you go Alfaro or Mejia

Roto h2h

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

the_american_dream posted:

Speaking of Padres. If you’re doing a set it and forget it deal with catcher, because it’s a trash position, would you go Alfaro or Mejia

Roto h2h

I'm going full blast on the Mejia hype.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I am high on Franmil too. 30 homers incoming!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Padres players have a lot of hype this season, I see a lot guys on sleeper lists.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Would Rhys Hoskins for Garret Cole be a fair trade? I want Cole and hope this is a fair offer.

Fair but depends on team need, I doubt they'd consider it without a strong staff otherwise.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I made another gimmick league if anyone wants to join

Draft is sunday night at 8:30 central. 12 team roto.

https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/165617/invitation?key=a79326b29817f7cc&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=aec0093a6d227a2b

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Put the players on the IL already :argh:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bregor posted:

I keep checking the transactions in my money league because I just know somebody is gonna snipe my watchlist dudes before the IL assignments become official :mad:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I saw Trumbo already got placed on the 60-day so I keep expecting actual good players I own to hit the DL any second...

Bregor
May 31, 2013

All you Greg Bird truthers, he's starting on Opening Day. Voit to DH.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Bregor posted:

loving for real. I want to IL Severino Yanks

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Speaking of the IL, I already have something of a quandry. This is 12-team H2H, with the following scoring cats:

Batting: AVG, OBP, SLG, R, HR, RBI, SB
Pitching: W, L, K, QS, ERA, WHIP, SV (28 weekly IP min)

We upped to 3 IL slots this year by majority vote (thank gently caress) and I have the following guys already listed as DTD and who will open the season on the IL:
Matt Olson
Scooter Gennett
Dellin Betances
Jeremy Jeffress

Now my first question is, am I insane for considering just cutting Olson entirely? I have Voit on the team (and guys like Belt, McMahon, and Alonso are available as FAs) and it's going to be what, 3+ months before he's back and potentially with a loss of power?

Second and potentially actually more importantly, what the heck am I gonna do about Scooter? I currently have Ketel Marte plugged in at 2B, and I did not draft Marte to be my everyday second baseman. Both McMahon and Hampson are available but neither has 2B eligibility on ESPN as of opening day. It looks like McMahon will probably play more given their platoon sides, or should I go with somebody "safer" like Adam Frazier who will be the everyday 2B?

On the pitching end, I was planning on replacing one guy with Matt Strahm and the other with ???, but if I did that my only RP would be Jose Alvarado and Kirby Yates. Given that the only RP stat the really matters is saves, I think I can live with that given how many strikeouts a guy like Strahm should be able to generate, but it still rubs me the wrong way and means I would have 4 Padres (Lucchesi, Paddack, Yates, Strahm.) Romo is still available but he sucks and the Marlins suck, and there aren't really any other guys in there who I think can vulture saves with semi-regularity (that was supposed to be Jeffress' job.)

If I dropped Oslon and IL'd everybody else I think I would pick up McMahon and wait until he gets 2B elig, then start him there, and pick up Strahm and Ryan Pressly to replace the pitching losses. Does that seem sound?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
All Frazier did was hit after he got demoted, made some mechanical changes, and then recalled. He's looked good in ST. They're gonna protect him from lefties with Kevin Newman, and he batted .291 against righties on the year which includes his putrid April / May pre-demotion.

I think he could sneak into a .300 average.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Drafted a Pro League last night. 12 team auction. In parentheses is how much I spent (out of a $260 budget).

C: Astudillo (1)
1B: Voit (11)
2B: Gleyber (17)
SS: Lindor (34)
3B: Carlos Santana (3)
OF: Trout (66)
OF: Billy Hamilton (7)
OF: Nimmo (1)
UTIL: Mondesi (34)
UTIL: JoMart (1)
BE: Laureano (1)
BE: Ohtani(Batter) (1)

Thor (30)
Buehler (22)
Kershaw (17)
Maeda (3)
Kikuchi (2)
Derek Holland (1)
Chacin (1)

Alvarado (2)
Romo (1)
Ryan Pressly (1)
Betances (1)

I think I did OK considering this was my first auction draft in years. I didn't mean to go with a stars and scrubs strategy, but it worked out that way. Probably overpaid for Trout considering that Mookie went for $53, Arenado for $45, etc. Scherzer went for $40, I would've bid up to ~$45 but I lagged at the wrong time. The top closers went for $20, so I decided on the fly to get my RPs from the bargain bin. Hope Astudillo is legit, Grandal lasted very late in the draft and got bid up to $15. And this one jerk saved some money and got the late round SPs I wanted (Ryu, Peacock, Urias) :argh:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

Speaking of the IL, I already have something of a quandry. This is 12-team H2H, with the following scoring cats:

Batting: AVG, OBP, SLG, R, HR, RBI, SB
Pitching: W, L, K, QS, ERA, WHIP, SV (28 weekly IP min)

We upped to 3 IL slots this year by majority vote (thank gently caress) and I have the following guys already listed as DTD and who will open the season on the IL:
Matt Olson
Scooter Gennett
Dellin Betances
Jeremy Jeffress

Now my first question is, am I insane for considering just cutting Olson entirely? I have Voit on the team (and guys like Belt, McMahon, and Alonso are available as FAs) and it's going to be what, 3+ months before he's back and potentially with a loss of power?

Second and potentially actually more importantly, what the heck am I gonna do about Scooter? I currently have Ketel Marte plugged in at 2B, and I did not draft Marte to be my everyday second baseman. Both McMahon and Hampson are available but neither has 2B eligibility on ESPN as of opening day. It looks like McMahon will probably play more given their platoon sides, or should I go with somebody "safer" like Adam Frazier who will be the everyday 2B?

On the pitching end, I was planning on replacing one guy with Matt Strahm and the other with ???, but if I did that my only RP would be Jose Alvarado and Kirby Yates. Given that the only RP stat the really matters is saves, I think I can live with that given how many strikeouts a guy like Strahm should be able to generate, but it still rubs me the wrong way and means I would have 4 Padres (Lucchesi, Paddack, Yates, Strahm.) Romo is still available but he sucks and the Marlins suck, and there aren't really any other guys in there who I think can vulture saves with semi-regularity (that was supposed to be Jeffress' job.)

If I dropped Oslon and IL'd everybody else I think I would pick up McMahon and wait until he gets 2B elig, then start him there, and pick up Strahm and Ryan Pressly to replace the pitching losses. Does that seem sound?

I would drop one of Betances or Jeffress. In H2H the setup guys are nice, especially with Betances's K rate, but you can probably snag either one in a couple weeks, especially if Pressly is available.

Also get Alonso and McMahon ASAP.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

https://twitter.com/MandyBell02/status/1110969659765993472

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Oh for gently caress's sake

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

There's a case for cutting Matt Olson. You could get squeezed for DL slots if you try to hold him and Gennett for 2+ months, because as always, there will be other injuries. I think I would keep him though and drop one of the setup men. I like Betances better but Jeffress probably gets more save opps this year. IDK

I think we're all waiting to see how the Rockies lineup shakes out. McMahon and Hampson could both get PT at 2nd and elsewhere. I dont think McMahon is guaranteed to get 500+ PAs

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bregor posted:

I would drop one of Betances or Jeffress. In H2H the setup guys are nice, especially with Betances's K rate, but you can probably snag either one in a couple weeks, especially if Pressly is available.

Also get Alonso and McMahon ASAP.

Yeah, I grabbed both for the "Well you'll pretty much end up with an SP's worth of results per week" out of those guys, and I would definitely be more willing to part with Dellin since the Brewers bullpen is so in flux that Jeffress may end up with at least a handful of saves.

Also I should have clarified that I meant Yonder Alonso, Peter Alonso got snagged the day after the draft.

EDIT: Well Olson is on the IL officially so I moved him and picked up Strahm, now to just wait for the rest of them. I think Dellin might be the immediate drop, with Olson next to go.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 27, 2019

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

Also I should have clarified that I meant Yonder Alonso, Peter Alonso got snagged the day after the draft.

Never mind :smith:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bregor posted:

Never mind :smith:

Yeah, he was the first guy I watch listed after the draft, I figured I had a few more days for the Mets to say something.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Is Alonso worth dropping Braun? He's my most droppable offensive player.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Is Alonso worth dropping Braun? He's my most droppable offensive player.

I'm bullish on Braun this year, mostly just depends on positional need IMO. (Unless it's Yahoo then I like Braun's 1B/OF eligibility.)

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Bregor posted:

I'm bullish on Braun this year, mostly just depends on positional need IMO. (Unless it's Yahoo then I like Braun's 1B/OF eligibility.)

yeah it's yahoo. Alonso is available still in 3 of my leagues, but I just don't have room for him. I've got him on 2 other teams.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
When will the players be put on the IL? Will it all happen at once for all of MLB, or on a team by team, piecemeal basis?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

coronaball posted:

When will the players be put on the IL? Will it all happen at once for all of MLB, or on a team by team, piecemeal basis?

I'm pretty sure it should all happen by tomorrow afternoon, since people will be taking up 25-man spots until they get added to the IL and teams gotta start actually playing.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah, before a team heads out onto the field they'll have to have their roster sorted, but it could still happen whenever it seems like until then... Matt Olson got put on the 10-day earlier today and Yahoo had it right away.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

H2H redraft: Fernando Tatis or Ryan McMahon? And why is McMahon a FA in the Fire & Forget league? He was raking by the 18th, wasn't he?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I have Ohtani the pitcher on my roster lol

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Simpsons Reference posted:

H2H redraft: Fernando Tatis or Ryan McMahon? And why is McMahon a FA in the Fire & Forget league? He was raking by the 18th, wasn't he?

Tatis for sure.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Sooo the Cards fan in me just traded for Goldy in the Goon keeper league. probably paid too much, but I think I can replace the Ks I'm gonna lose.

Gave: Bellinger and Marquez

Got: Goldy and Strickland

I couldn't resist the temptation of owning Goldy for as long as I want.

this gives me:

12 team H2h 7x7 with OBP, SLG, OBPA, and K/bb.

team:

C Grandal
1b Goldschmidt
2B Torres
3B Chapman
SS Story
OF Judge / Myers / Brantley
UTIL Cutch / Voit
BN Marwin / Alonso / Domingo Santana

SP Buehler / Corbin / Hamels / Ryu / Strahm / Hudson
RP Barnes / Vizcaino / Jeffress / Strickland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
I'm seeing a few guys listed as on the DL in my yahoo league. Managed to get stripling and Alonso after putting Severino and Wood on the DL.