Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, Rocky Maivia was always acknowledged as a 3rd generation superstar, son of Rocky Johnson etc. stuff.

They toned that down once he became big as The Rock, although JR would always bring it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

AkumaHokoru posted:

They didn't say it because they embraced his whiteness they said it because they didn't want him to talk about black issues at all. it was a way of making their bigotry seem less bigoted.

Your original point was "I never heard anyone say that poo poo" in response to "Obama, etc isn't black" and I was refuting that. Now you're getting into the why and how and help where are the goalposts.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Your original point was "I never heard anyone say that poo poo" in response to "Obama, etc isn't black" and I was refuting that. Now you're getting into the why and how and help where are the goalposts.

not in the way you phrased it I haven't.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nah, I definitely saw people claim Obama wasn't "really" black. They were white.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you keep talking about Obama you will become this guy who is dreaming about Randy Orton vs Okada.

https://twitter.com/your_boy_jd/status/1093183403439079425

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
How is Randy Orton vs anyone a dream match anymore?

Edit: also going to AEW would require Orton to take a risk and he's not one for risks.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

How is Randy Orton vs anyone a dream match anymore?

Edit: also going to AEW would require Orton to take a risk and he's not one for risks.

Yeah.

I'd rather have Weird Orton and Weird Okada as a tag team.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Put on the Long Boys, Randy.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

If you keep talking about Obama you will become this guy who is dreaming about Randy Orton vs Okada.

to be fair I couldn't even imagine orton outside of a wwe ring.

To clear things up I am not saying people weren't claiming Obama isn't black I just never heard someone dismiss him speaking on black issues by claiming he wasn't black.

I heard of people accusing him of being muslim and anti-white but never heard someone try to say he aint black not even to dismiss him because he's muslim how could he understand the blacks or anything along those lines then again I'm in nyc where people who didn't like Obama for his skin color said every other reason under the sun except his skin color.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its kinda like why political cartoonists drew him with really exaggerated ears because they wanted to draw a racist caricature but couldn't draw a racist caricature because then they'd be outed as racists

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

its kinda like why political cartoonists drew him with really exaggerated ears because they wanted to draw a racist caricature but couldn't draw a racist caricature because then they'd be outed as racists

there ya go.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

I want the RKO-Rainmaker counter spots, MRT, don't shame me.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I still want Cena vs Tanahashi and I’ll still want it when neither of them can walk anymore

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RKO into a rainmaker, c'mon.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

All i need from Randy/Lil Kazu is them doing their respective poses at each other from opposite ends of an arena, triggering pyro each time.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Randy/Okada should take tips from Kane/Cena and be about making Okada "Embrace the Long Boys"

But enough about my TEW game...

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
I would never ever call RKO-Okada a dream match but I bet it'd be pretty good

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Okada has dragged worse wrestlers than Randall Keith to great matches

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Randy would throw a fit because Okada has a nicer dropkick than him.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gonzo McFee posted:

Randy would throw a fit because Okada has a nicer dropkick than him.

And a gnarlier looking chinlock.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
orton vs okada in a powerslam vs dropkick match

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

You all are going to Feel silly when RKOkada revolutionizes tag wrestling.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Orton takes a rainmaker and immediately separates his shoulder

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Y'all are all on board for Okada v Orton. You've become what you hate.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
a match with a motivated orton would be better than another match with johnny omega

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MotU posted:

a match with a motivated orton would be better than another match with johnny omega

You're right, No Orton match is good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Orton generally does better in matches where the opponent has no qualms about loving him up for my enjoyment.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

coconono posted:

Orton generally does better in matches where the opponent has no qualms about loving him up for my enjoyment.

Orton/Clown Prince Jericho, book it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Orton vs LA Park.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Orton vs all the AAA clowns in a gauntlet match.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Can we talk about terrible scoopspeople here?

https://twitter.com/TheBradShepard/status/1111027979138805761

:chloe:

What is it with people like Brad and Bill being massive (homophobic and/or racist) pieces of poo poo?

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 28, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I am sure that guy shittalks all the folks who don't really learn japanese when they work over there. by that guy, I mean The Brad Shepard.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

VJeff posted:

I want the RKO-Rainmaker counter spots, MRT, don't shame me.

Afraid that's impossible, but as a consolation prize you can have this Gun Stun-Rainmaker counter spot

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MGA is better than RKO

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

MGA is better than RKO

this thread is supposed to be about stupid wrestling fan opinions, not objective truths

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Venomous posted:

this thread is supposed to be about stupid wrestling fan opinions, not objective truths

Goons are banned from posting goon bad opinions in this thread so all the opinions are good (or the poster gets banned.)

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I’m just saying, if someone linked a tweet itt that said ‘The Machine Gun Karl Anderson Is Better Than Randal Keith Orton’, that’d be an irrefutable fact unsuitable for this thread ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I thought that WWE wanting to break up tag teams would benefit Karl Anderson and get him a good singles run but instead they just didn't use him at all

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It became obvious a few weeks ago that MeltzerSaidWhat had a connection to Elgin confidant and overall trash human being VicVenomBytes/ShootNameJustin.

The connection is that the account is run by Fray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

It became obvious a few weeks ago that MeltzerSaidWhat had a connection to Elgin confidant and overall trash human being VicVenomBytes/ShootNameJustin.

The connection is that the account is run by Fray.

Fray and MeltzerSaidWhat have interacted. So either that means he’s pulling the ultimate loser move of replying to his own tweets with his alt, or his schizophrenia has finally moved out of the prodromal phase.

It’d be really cool if scoopsters and podcasters would stop retweeting and signal boosting that sack of poo poo.