Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

punk rebel ecks posted:

How was Narancia able to use Gio's decorative pin if it wasn't already transformed? And even then so, how did it merge with the to guess without Gio touching it?

Gold Experience does whatever Araki needs it to whenever Araki needs it to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I'm enjoying Part 5. I like the action and the style. Both Passione and the villians have been fantastic but, I think Giorno is the worst protagonist we've had so far.

I don't know of he does some crazy awesome poo poo towards the end but so far I don't really like him that much.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Gold Experience does whatever Araki needs it to whenever Araki needs it to.

Seriously, this Part has really bad writing.

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

I'm enjoying Part 5. I like the action and the style. Both Passione and the villians have been fantastic but, I think Giorno is the worst protagonist we've had so far.

I don't know of he does some crazy awesome poo poo towards the end but so far I don't really like him that much.

You'd expect Dio's son to be more eccentric and charismatic.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The story makes more sense if you read it with the idea of Bruno being the actual Jojo of Part 5 and Giorno being an insanely-overpowered supporting character.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

overmind2000 posted:

The story makes more sense if you read it with the idea of Bruno being the actual Jojo of Part 5 and Giorno being an insanely-overpowered supporting character.

And one of his OP abilities is avoiding being put on a bus like the other OP characters.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Giorno is basically the main healer/buffer of the party and occasionally talks about his dream to rouse people up

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

overmind2000 posted:

Bucciarati is so good, he's easily on my top five Jojo characters, but let's not lie to ourselves. The protagonist is the bland rear end in a top hat whose personality is entirely defined by constantly talking about his dream and not much else, but that's apparently hyper-charismatic despite never showing even the slightest bit of charisma, as well as having the powers of Plot.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

He, Giorno Giovanna, has a dream. About droogs.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
The one thing I think this part probably suffers most from (as far as being an adaption) is "Comic Time". I understand any adaption of a comic suffers in part from things like the fact monologues actually take time to speak in full, but we're reaching "Namek explodes in five minutes!" levels of absurdity here. The last fight took two episodes but only lasted five minute according to the characters. And it really showed with how long it took for Giorno to not bleed out or how "long" it took him to notice something was wrong with Narancia. Or back in the Beach Boys fight where Pesci took like five minutes to reach the ground after his neck got broken. The flow of time here worked a lot better on the page.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's hard to follow Vento Aureo without siding with Abbachio ordering Giorno to shut the gently caress up at any possible time.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Blaze Dragon posted:

Bucciarati is so good, he's easily on my top five Jojo characters, but let's not lie to ourselves. The protagonist is the bland rear end in a top hat whose personality is entirely defined by constantly talking about his dream and not much else, but that's apparently hyper-charismatic despite never showing even the slightest bit of charisma, as well as having the powers of Plot.

One thing I do like about part 5 is that Giogio ain't actually charismatic in any real sense. We see the gang members come to like him, and it's never because he's charming, but because he's reckless as hell but also keeps a cool head.

Shame about not having a personality.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean, I feel like "cold and calculating, and willing to do absolutely anything to fulfill his dreams, including ripping his own arm off, but also determined not to see other people get hurt" counts as a personality.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Rand Brittain posted:

I mean, I feel like "cold and calculating, and willing to do absolutely anything to fulfill his dreams, including ripping his own arm off, but also determined not to see other people get hurt" counts as a personality.

Shh, he doesn't act like a loud cartoon character, like Joseph so he doesn't have a personality, don't you see? :v:

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
any character that has ever appeared in jojo has been willing to rip their own arm off to fulfill their dreams

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Giorno is also able to trust people to an insane extent, up to and including willing to throw himself to his death because he's goddamn sure that Mista will figure out his vague hint

He's a madman!

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
i would have picked up your labored breathing sooner, were it not for the screams of your severed stand

low key best boy

GioGio isn't a protag, he's a feeling :shroom:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I know it's happpened a few times already but I still lol at Narancia having to make a runway for Aerosmith. I guess all the non stand users just think he's doing some sort of victory pose

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

track day bro! posted:

I know it's happpened a few times already but I still lol at Narancia having to make a runway for Aerosmith. I guess all the non stand users just think he's doing some sort of victory pose

It's a Stand. He doesn't have to do it, he just wants to.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Narancia 100% thinks it looks super cool and was real excited to show the gang and Fugo and Abbachio said it was a stupid waste of time and energy

And then Bucciaratti said something like "Hey Narancia if it makes you feel cool and happy to make a landing strip for your stand then you go ahead and do it"

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Giorno will literally kill himself for side characters in throwaway battles as shown multiple times, which isn't really how the other JoJos work. Also, Zipperman is as much of a protagonist as him; Parts 1-4 and how they handle supporting characters is different from the other parts, which vary. But the only reason Giorno even has more dialogue than Zipperman is because he had his early solo chapters/chapters with Koichi. Once the gang is involved, Bruno actually has overall more screen time, I believe. This only happened in brief solo fights in 4, almost never in 3, and most cutaways in 1 and 2 from the main character were side characters being defeated or killed.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Any UK Sky customers may be surprised to see Takashi Miike's Jojo's Bizarre Adventure movie available on demand from today.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Sockser posted:

And then Bucciaratti said something like "Hey Narancia if it makes you feel cool and happy to make a landing strip for your stand then you go ahead and do it"

That's because he is correct, like always. It looks cool as hell.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I wish I knew how to link to a Youtube video without linking to the video because I found a cool as hell remix of Uragirimono no Requiem but I can't link it because the one image it uses is horribly spoilery.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

[url=(Youtube Link)][url]

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

[url=(Youtube Link)][url]

Yeah but then clicking on it will give the spoiler which is what I want to avoid. I want the song without the spoiler image for the anime-only people here and my friends that similarly don't read the manga.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You could probably just download the YouTube video, convert it to mp3, and put it on Tindeck or something.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You could probably just download the YouTube video, convert it to mp3, and put it on Tindeck or something.

This is probably the best option. I know the video you're talking about, and it is a very good remix. Shame about the image though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Post the link and say it has a huge spoiler in it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
don't actually loving do that

either download an mp3 or go take a cold shower, idk why yall are chomping at the bit sometimes

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

people should also stop posting manga spoilers itt even when people ask for it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Spoilers: In the manga, the story is told in sequential panels with dialogue in special bubbles.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There’s a preview image out for next episode and if you thought Pesci’s proportions were weird then hoo boy

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The epitome of "I posted a pic now post yours."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

RatHat posted:

There’s a preview image out for next episode and if you thought Pesci’s proportions were weird then hoo boy

I still want to know why his fly is open.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/quartzquadrant/status/1110882163724075008

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
A friend made me these framed tiles:

can't make them straighter less crooked because my walls are made of paper plates

current mission: bedroom guard

oh that? its not my blood - its your future self's

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Expect My Mom posted:

don't actually loving do that

either download an mp3 or go take a cold shower, idk why yall are chomping at the bit sometimes

I just want to hear the remix. :(

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

RatHat posted:

Infamously Large

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I still want to know why his fly is open.

Cuz...he...forgot to zip it? :confused: