Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Is there any update on the Information Commissioner's investigation into Joan Ryan?

[edit]
398BC was - according to Wikipedia, a pretty boring year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

At multiple instances over the course of the debate there was a good old fashioned circlejerk at how productive all this was and how this is how the house should have been conducting itself for the last two years.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Sex Robot posted:

At multiple instances over the course of the debate there was a good old fashioned circlejerk at how productive all this was and how this is how the house should have been conducting itself for the last two years.

I mean, compared to how the house has actually been conducting itself over the past two years this isn't wrong, even if they had spent the same proportion of time circlejerking in those two years

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

jabby posted:

Liz Truss is on Peston.

Short version: May's deal will return. Huge numbers of colleagues are coming on board. May's deal is the only option.

The question is when do the SNP, the TIGs, or the Lib Dems vote for soft Brexit if now is not yet the time.

Well this was meant to be a starting point to narrow down the options wasn't it? Even more of these votes to come. SNP now seem to be demanding an election but I can't see the Tories going for that.

If they do though, perfect grounds to call for a long extension I suppose.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
These votes have been closer to any progress tha...
... nah actually this is The Fast and The Furious rules: Doesn't matter if you win by an inch or by a mile.

Unless they put forward a customs union agreement that'd be voted on in a referendum.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
correct me if i'm mistaken but poo poo still needs to go through house of lords right

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Nuclear Spoon posted:

correct me if i'm mistaken but poo poo still needs to go through house of lords right

No. Our process of withdrawal from the EU is already an act of law that was passed before which states under section 13 that the government is to bring forward a motion to be passed only by the house of commons. The amendment made on Monday made it so the house could do this instead as well as bypassing Standing Order 14 which gives government priority over business in the house.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
gently caress all this Brexit nonsense THEY'RE GETTING RID OF TOOTY FROOTYS?

This truly is hellworld

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Nuclear Spoon posted:

Ultimately yes, any deal that is passed needs to go through the Lords.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Lord Stimperor posted:

Please start a patreon so we can sponsor you becoming the official UKMT full time cartoonist

Having an in-housethread cartoonist is the poo poo.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Was Boris Johnson driving an old Renault espace just then on the news? Bit europey.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Nuclear Spoon posted:

mehall posted:

Ultimately yes, any deal that is passed needs to go through the Lords.

Ah, we're talking about new deals. Hmm this gets complex.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 28, 2019

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

JRM looking very discombobulated on Peston. He clearly thought the DUP were going to come on board, and now he's trying to defend the PMs deal but also say he'll still vote against it unless the DUP come on board. Because they still might, apparently (they won't).

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1111043206525997056

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Azza Bamboo posted:

Ah, we're talking about new deals. Hmm this gets complex.

My understanding is the PMs deal would still need to progress through the Lords as well.

e; though theoretically as a campaign manifesto pledge, would potentially be relatively untouchable.
Also the Lords might just want to avoid any issues if the commons finally approved something.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Surprise T Rex posted:

Images to match your gaping orifice, you say? I've got just the thing...

Want some goon prolapse pictures in your PM's?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

marktheando posted:

Well this was meant to be a starting point to narrow down the options wasn't it? Even more of these votes to come. SNP now seem to be demanding an election but I can't see the Tories going for that.

If they do though, perfect grounds to call for a long extension I suppose.

Those further votes won’t take place if today’s events have scared enough MPs into voting for May’s deal on Friday. SNP & TIG definitely should have voted for customs union today.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Oh boy, there's a Labour backbencher nobody Noel Edmonds look-a-like who keeps shouting anti-semitic abuse at poor Ed in the HoC

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is Brexit still happening in 2 days?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

mehall posted:

My understanding is the PMs deal would still need to progress through the Lords as well.

e; though theoretically as a campaign manifesto pledge, would potentially be relatively untouchable.
Also the Lords might just want to avoid any issues if the commons finally approved something.

I think making new legislation to be brought before both houses would avoid the legal question, but attempts to determine new deals with Europe as any government may be able to do to satisfy section 13 could potentially expedite the process and cut the lords out of it.

What I'm saying is there's already an act of law that determines our withdrawal process and in theory its provision to bring forward a withdrawal agreement to the commons only for a final vote doesn't necessarily have to be met by Theresa May's deal. As I understood it there's an opportunity to intercept this process with a new agreed deal with the EU.

A new referendum probably would need new legislation, however. Also this is legally questionable and as I have said before: new legislation would avoid the question.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 28, 2019

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

no

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Nope - April 12 probably not

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Gunder posted:

Those further votes won’t take place if today’s events have scared enough MPs into voting for May’s deal on Friday. SNP & TIG definitely should have voted for customs union today.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Removed forgot to check date.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 28, 2019

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Meanwhile in other news...
If anyone in the Labour party came out with this they'd be expelled for anti-semitism.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/netanyahu-absolves-hitler-of-guilt-1.5411578

Check the date on that

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
https://twitter.com/RobDotHutton/status/1111019642699595778?s=20

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Coohoolin posted:

Check the date on that

Thanks - forgot to check. Normally do. Have removed post. Mind you he still said it!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Fun fact, the Italian Navy used commercial Enigma machines without customisation, meaning GC&CS had worked out a way of breaking them 12 years before the war even started, using a purely manual method.

(Also there's some disagreement whether Italian Naval traffic was being broken at Bletchley at the time of Matapan - it's often described as their first big triumph of the war, and it definitely *was* broken by GC&CS, but at the time Bletchley was entirely concentrating on German Naval Enigma and it's likely the low-tech method used to break the Italian traffic was probably actually being done directly at the Admiralty or one of the GC&CS offices in London)

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
god i wish these people were at risk of losing their loving seats https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1111042517284413446?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

jabby posted:

JRM looking very discombobulated on Peston. He clearly thought the DUP were going to come on board, and now he's trying to defend the PMs deal but also say he'll still vote against it unless the DUP come on board. Because they still might, apparently (they won't).

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1111043206525997056

He's still reeling from being owned on Tudor Parliamentary history.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

:smith:

my PhD advisor is English and I was looking forward to giving him poo poo for a day

Ratjaculation posted:

Nope - April 12 probably not

I can hope

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
I've just realised I'll be safely out of the country on April 12th so go ahead and dither the country into a state of non-existence for all I care.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive

my PhD advisor is English and I was looking forward to giving him poo poo for a day

maybe check he doesn't know anyone at risk of dying from medicine shortages or anyone living on the irish border yeah?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Aye me too. Maybe I can apply for asylum in Colombia. Join a nice gang. At least they can make and execute a plan unlike the bandits running this shitwhoe

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

gently caress off mate

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

mehall posted:

The PM's deal absolutely would not need to go to the Lords. the European Union (Withdrawal) act 2018 already passed the Lords and Commons and provides for the government to vote on its Withdrawal Agreement in the commons only.

Basically we have an act of law that already passed the Commons and Lords. The way it works is that it specified a leave date and then said "on that leave date all this poo poo happens". We already put in there the stuff we don't need to ask the EU for like repealing the EU communities act and ending EU precedence over UK law. Also it agreed to keep all EU laws we adopted so far as domestic laws in order to avoid a complete ballache when the date comes. Then this act of law allows us to come back to the commons and vote on the Withdrawal Agreement made with the EU. No doubt the leave date has been amended. If we revoked Article 50 we'd also revoke this act.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 28, 2019

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Just finished watching Waterworld for the first time in almost 25 years.

Still better than whatever Parliament achieved in the past 2 hours.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

Just finished watching Waterworld for the first time in almost 25 years.

Still better than whatever Parliament achieved in the past 2 hours.

It's actually a pretty solid film taken in isolation, IMO. Story's a bit dumb, but it's well-acted and absolutely beautifully shot.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Dead Goon posted:

He's still reeling from being owned on Tudor Parliamentary history.

What happened?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It's actually a pretty solid film taken in isolation, IMO. Story's a bit dumb, but it's well-acted and absolutely beautifully shot.

Kevin Costner= well acted

...Buddy

(Dennis Hopper is way too good for that movie)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

TulliusCicero posted:

Kevin Costner= well acted

...Buddy

(Dennis Hopper is way too good for that movie)

Eh, he plays someone who can't really relate to humanity and is stiff and uncommunicative, it's the role he was born to play.